PDA

View Full Version : idea for new group in AC

tempest224
08-10-2014, 03:30 AM
recently as it was trying to get my stubborn son to go back to sleep my mind kept wandering to shay and rogue and what makes an assassin turn. then i got to thinking, what if there was a man/woman who trained with one organization, didn't find enough to keep them around and switched to the other side, finding the same there as well, not enough to keep them around. some ideals and goals are admirable in their eyes others..not so much. so they left by either sneaking away or faking a death or some other sneaky way of getting away.

after getting their minds around a concept and a set of goals,beliefs, and ideals that conform more to what they would like, he/she began to get to work by either disrupting appalling actions of one or both templars and assassins, or by aiding more reasonable actions. this person would go about recruiting members from the very organizations that they tried to call family.

this group, i was thinking could be called free masons. now before anyone gets uppity about the name, please remember it is fictional, just a potentially fun idea i had and i feel i'm doing something similar with the name as ubisoft did with Templars. the Templars in game aren't similar to the actual knights Templar from history. so i'm simply using the name that i feel fit. the group would be free to make educated decisions to either aid or hinder both pre-existing groups, and try to make a better world from their own actions and the actions of others.

so with all that if you all would like to input opinions or offer criticism or hints to further this that would be appreciated

Landruner
08-10-2014, 04:54 AM
recently as it was trying to get my stubborn son to go back to sleep my mind kept wandering to shay and rogue and what makes an assassin turn. then i got to thinking, what if there was a man/woman who trained with one organization, didn't find enough to keep them around and switched to the other side, finding the same there as well, not enough to keep them around. some ideals and goals are admirable in their eyes others..not so much. so they left by either sneaking away or faking a death or some other sneaky way of getting away.

after getting their minds around a concept and a set of goals,beliefs, and ideals that conform more to what they would like, he/she began to get to work by either disrupting appalling actions of one or both templars and assassins, or by aiding more reasonable actions. this person would go about recruiting members from the very organizations that they tried to call family.

this group, i was thinking could be called free masons. now before anyone gets uppity about the name, please remember it is fictional, just a potentially fun idea i had and i feel i'm doing something similar with the name as ubisoft did with Templars. the Templars in game aren't similar to the actual knights Templar from history. so i'm simply using the name that i feel fit. the group would be free to make educated decisions to either aid or hinder both pre-existing groups, and try to make a better world from their own actions and the actions of others.

so with all that if you all would like to input opinions or offer criticism or hints to further this that would be appreciated

I suggested this about 8 month ago (new enemies) and I got flamed by this community for suggesting new enemies....(my main idea was a new order based upon Jupiter's followers and also some others existing or imaginary secret societies) - In short and amusingly, in suggesting new enemies than the Templar, I got enemies on this forum toward myself....Apparently AC fans only want game with Templar as the villains.

Xangr8
08-10-2014, 12:37 PM

You mean the Initiates?

m4r-k7
08-10-2014, 12:41 PM
Would be cool for non-radical Assassins and Templars to create their own group where people live together and don't get involved in the Assassin Templar conflict but then get hunted by each faction.