PDA

View Full Version : Are you feeling the same feels that I am? (POLL TIME)

pacmanate
08-09-2014, 01:25 AM
We are only 2 months until release. Yes. 2! Okay maybe 2 months and 2 weeks, whatever.

ANYWAYYYYYYYY

From what we know so far, I am saddened, let me show you why in it's simplest sense:

AC Rogue

Story - An Assassin at the start of the game who shifts sides to the Templars due to some event we know nothing about. Goes on some hunt.
Gameplay - Same as Black Flag

AC Unity

Story - An Assassin on a quest for redemption due to wanting to find his fathers killer, or something of the like (AC2 anyone)?
Gameplay - New parkour system, new stealth system, new combat system, skill trees to suit playstyle, customisable clothes with stats.

To me it seems like AC Rogue will have a more interesting story, yet Unity will have better gameplay mechanics :|

What aboot u? VOTE!

JustPlainQuirky
08-09-2014, 01:26 AM
I agree completely.

Though at least Naval is super fun in its own right IMO.

Jexx21
08-09-2014, 01:34 AM
Unity will be better in both the gameplay and story department with what we know so far.

pacmanate
08-09-2014, 01:35 AM
Unity will be better in both the gameplay and story department with what we know so far.************

*In my opinion.

Personally feeling the Templar storyline way more interesting as its not just throwing a Templar game at us. He turns, we experience the shift, we experience why.

Jexx21
08-09-2014, 01:37 AM
*In my opinion.

Of course, all subjective statements are opinions.

You did ask for the opinions of other people.

I'm much more interested in the love story of Arno and Elise and how that turns out than the transition of Shay from an Assassin into an Templar.

THE-MANK-01
08-09-2014, 01:40 AM
I think Unity will be superior to Rogue in the game play department as I believe more resources would have been used in Unity's development.

Story-wise, I voted Unity but I think it could go either way.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-09-2014, 01:40 AM
For me:

Unity Gameplay > Rogue Gameplay

Rogue Story > Unity Story

Fatal-Feit
08-09-2014, 01:47 AM
For me:

Unity Gameplay > Rogue Gameplay

Rogue Story > Unity Story

Haha, pretty much.

Xstantin
08-09-2014, 01:49 AM
Unity looks more ambitious (both story and gameplay imo), so I'll go with that.

Legendz54
08-09-2014, 01:53 AM
Its hard to say.. Both Rogue and Unity have Important Templar characters.. And i am heaps excited to play them both.. But with returning characters like Haytham, Achilles and Adewale along with probably some others not mentioned because of spoilers.. I have to say im excited more for Rogue's story and how it will tie in with AC4-AC3- AC UNITY. But I am also very excited for Unity's gameplay and Co op.

SixKeys
08-09-2014, 02:01 AM
Unity gameplay, Rogue story.

drewits
08-09-2014, 02:03 AM
Both seem about equal for me, Unity will have all new probably awesome gameplay but Rouge will have the good old gameplay that I love and we just don't know enough about either story to definitively tell which one will be better but I have a feeling they'll be equal in their own ways

Sesheenku
08-09-2014, 02:11 AM
Unity> Rogue in gameplay

Unity=Rogue in story.

Can't see a reason why one would be better than the other YET.

Namikaze_17
08-09-2014, 02:40 AM
For Me......

Rogue Story > Unity's Story

Unity's Gameplay > Rogue's Gameplay

Dev_Anj
08-09-2014, 02:46 AM
We know practically little about the story of either Assassin's Creed: Unity or Assassin's Creed: Rogue. I don't think it's fair to judge the story of either game at this point.

Though I am interested in Assassin's Creed: Rogue's story.

ze_topazio
08-09-2014, 03:12 AM
Both will be amazing, let's think positive.

pacmanate
08-09-2014, 04:11 AM
We know practically little about the story of either Assassin's Creed: Unity or Assassin's Creed: Rogue. I don't think it's fair to judge the story of either game at this point.

Though I am interested in Assassin's Creed: Rogue's story.

I acknowledged we know next to nothing :P

Which I might add, is a good thing, so glad they aren't spoiler us with story details, IDGAF.

My ideal scenario for videos from now on would just be showing off combat properly and how AMM works (with a mission designed specifically for demo purposes as to not ruin game)

roostersrule2
08-09-2014, 04:17 AM
The only thing we're totally sure of is Unity's graphics>Rogues graphics.

Whilst highly unlikely Unity's mechanics could turn out to be complete ***. I highly doubt it though.

Rogue's story certainly has a more enticing premise, but Unity's could be better, who knows?

At the moment I'd have to say Unity in terms of gameplay and Rogue in terms of story.

LoyalACFan
08-09-2014, 04:26 AM
Lol at people deciding which have a better story. We have like one sentence worth of information on Rogue, and it makes Shay sound like the poor man's Kratos. If they really portrayed the Templars right, they could have a golden opportunity here, but it looks like they're marketing this very much as a "play as the bad guy" type of experience, which is disappointing. And TBH we don't know much more about Arno.

pacmanate
08-09-2014, 04:29 AM
Lol at people deciding which have a better story. We have like one sentence worth of information on Rogue, and it makes Shay sound like the poor man's Kratos. If they really portrayed the Templars right, they could have a golden opportunity here, but it looks like they're marketing this very much as a "play as the bad guy" type of experience, which is disappointing. And TBH we don't know much more about Arno.

HAY.

Thats why I acknowledged we have little story info. I just wanted to see what people thought with what we know so far.

LoyalACFan
08-09-2014, 05:06 AM
HAY.

Thats why I acknowledged we have little story info. I just wanted to see what people thought with what we know so far.

Well, there you have it. From the ****y little press blurbs we've gotten, Rogue sounds less interesting than Unity to me. Romance = really rare and underutilized in games. Revenge = done a thousand times over.

pacmanate
08-09-2014, 05:15 AM
Well, there you have it. From the ****y little press blurbs we've gotten, Rogue sounds less interesting than Unity to me. Romance = really rare and underutilized in games. Revenge = done a thousand times over.

Yeah but to me Unity = AC2 like in story line. Father dies, quest to find why he died and find killer (like ezio). Has a love interest (Cristina)
and Rogue = Revenge again (But Ubi love it apparently) but seeing a complete shift of ideals.

LoyalACFan
08-09-2014, 05:22 AM
Yeah but to me Unity = AC2 like in story line. Father dies, quest to find why he died and find killer (like ezio). Has a love interest (Cristina)
and Rogue = Revenge again (But Ubi love it apparently) but seeing a complete shift of ideals.

Cristina wasn't a "love interest" until she was retconned in via Brotherhood's flashbacks. There was one QTE foreplay minigame with her and she was never mentioned again. And it doesn't really seem like it's going to be revenge-based to me; if he really was going on a bloodthirsty revenge quest against the Templars then Elise wouldn't be in the picture.

rickprog
08-09-2014, 05:37 AM
Unity will be better in both ways. Unity is not the love story between Arno and Elise, there's loads of other stuff on it. We'll have to see how it is connected to TWCB (and I'm sure it will be very relevant), to the Assassin/Templar conflict outside the love story and to the French Revolution backdrop.

Rogue sounds very interesting, though, having characters from previous games making an appearance (thus, connecting to the story that has been going for two third of the franchise at this point), having an Assassin turned Templar and showing the contrast between both ideologies, blurring the line of Assassin=good, Templar=bad even more. However, the setting is not half as relevant as the French Revolution historically, so there's a point favoring Unity. There'll surely be TWCB involvement, too; we still have to see how much of it and how it is handled.

Gameplay-wise, it's quite obvious. Unity has rebuilt game pillars and massive AI interaction. Rogue has naval gameplay on a different setting, assassins trying to hunt you down and an air rifle. If Rogue had the game pillars rebuilt as well, it would have better gameplay, but I don't think that's the case.

HDinHB
08-09-2014, 06:31 AM
We are only 2 months until release. Yes. 2! Okay maybe 2 months and 2 weeks, whatever.

ANYWAYYYYYYYY

From what we know so far, I am saddened, let me show you why in it's simplest sense:

AC Rogue

Story - An Assassin at the start of the game who shifts sides to the Templars due to some event we know nothing about. Goes on some hunt.
Gameplay - Same as Black Flag

AC Unity

Story - An Assassin on a quest for redemption due to wanting to find his fathers killer, or something of the like (AC2 anyone)?
Gameplay - New parkour system, new stealth system, new combat system, skill trees to suit playstyle, customisable clothes with stats.

To me it seems like AC Rogue will have a more interesting story, yet Unity will have better gameplay mechanics :|

What aboot u? VOTE!

Based on very little info...I could pick 4-5 choices.

Why are you saddened?

AherasSTRG
08-09-2014, 09:36 AM
Blackbox missions beat everything we have seen in an AC so far hands down. So, Unity wins in terms of gameplay hands down.

But, on the other hand, getting Anakin Skywalker feelz once again is just too awesome... I also have the suspicion that Shay goes nuts at some point during the game, so I am ****ing excited about it (although I won't be able to play it on my PC because... Ubisoft). So, I had to vote for Rogue's story.

killzab
08-09-2014, 09:40 AM
Blackbox missions beat everything we have seen in an AC so far hands down. So, Unity wins in terms of gameplay hands down.

But, on the other hand, getting Anakin Skywalker feelz once again is just too awesome... I also have the suspicion that Shay goes nuts at some point during the game, so I am ****ing excited about it (although I won't be able to play it on my PC because... Ubisoft). So, I had to vote for Rogue's story.

Blackbox missions sound good on paper but we have to wait and see before we know it's actually good

Sushiglutton
08-09-2014, 09:58 AM
Picked Unity for both. I expect gameplay in Rogue to be just like AC4 with a couple of minor tweaks. I'm hoping Unity will be much better than that. If Rogue has better gameplay than Unity it would be a spectacular failure. I don't see it happening though.

I don't understand why people are intrigued by the Rogue story. Unity on the other hand will have some romance and French Revolution conspiracies :D.

roostersrule2
08-09-2014, 10:29 AM
Indeed, Unity's setting is much more interesting then America again in both story and gameplay.

Though Shay's story sounds more interesting then Arno's.

I really don't care which story is better I just hope for two good stories.

phoenix-force411
08-09-2014, 10:48 AM
I'm sure Rogue will get some major bashing when it comes out due to the reuse of ACIII's mechanics. ACIV just felt very sloppy when it came to using ACIII's mechanics.

m4r-k7
08-09-2014, 11:58 AM
I am really not sure. Rogue has been in development for 2 years I think and I believe that is not enough time for a fleshed out and unique Templar storyline. I think they just made a Templar game to please last-gen fans whilst next-gen fans were getting Unity. I reckon it will be an incredibly generic Templar story especially what we have heard so far. In terms of gameplay when you compare the gameplay of Unity and Rogue, Unity blows it out of the water. Personally I am finding it hard to get excited for Rogue because Unity seems so much better both in terms of scale, setting, graphics, gameplay and an involved story.

RinoTheBouncer
08-09-2014, 12:10 PM
I feel like Unity’s gameplay is better than Rogue’s while the story of Rogue is more important than Unity’s. However, I’m interested in knowing more about Arno and Elise.

jayjay275
08-09-2014, 12:43 PM
Unity (gameplay + story) > Rogue (gameplay + story) . The setting in Unity is much more interesting as well.

AherasSTRG
08-09-2014, 02:26 PM
Blackbox missions sound good on paper but we have to wait and see before we know it's actually good

It doesn't sound like they can fail... The worst case scenario is that they end up like the missions in Hitman Absolution, which had several predetermined ways to kill your target. But that was awesome as well.

zkorejo
08-09-2014, 03:14 PM
I feel the same thing but its too early to say which one will have a better story or better gameplay. It can be the other way around for all we know right now.

Kakuzu745
08-09-2014, 03:59 PM
To be honest throwing a templar and saying we get to experience the other side of the coin is not nearly enough to think the story will be better...for me Unity feel more compelling and fun in both story and gameplay areas.

Rogue at first glance looks like it is the exact same thing that Black Flag was just that your character is a Templar...I hope I am wrong.

m4r-k7
08-09-2014, 04:14 PM
To be honest throwing a templar and saying we get to experience the other side of the coin is not nearly enough to think the story will be better...for me Unity feel more compelling and fun in both story and gameplay areas.

Rogue at first glance looks like it is the exact same thing that Black Flag was just that your character is a Templar...I hope I am wrong.

This. I hope the Templar story is executed well, but I just can't see it happening. Gameplay wise it is way to similar to AC 4 and it seems they have taken stealth out of the game completely.

Namikaze_17
08-09-2014, 04:40 PM
It's easy to say Unity might be better than Rogue in both regards.....the devs are putting their "best" efforts in Unity with a next-gen console to support their ambitions. Whilst Rogue has to stick to AC3/AC4 mechanics.....I personally think BOTH stories should be great.....but somehow I feel like Rogue is gonna do it for me....a Templar? #Amazing.
Unity sounds great, but it's premise and story are based on thing already done......A templar love interest? Yeah, Altair says hi.
A family conspiracy? Ezio says hi.
Murdered family plus Templar loved one? Connor says hi.
And the quest for Redemption? Edward definitely says hi.
You see what I'm saying?

At least with Rogue....( So far) Shay sounds like a man that has a real reason to hate the Assassin's other than they're betrayal and his personal grudge.

For me, Story is the deciding factor.......of Course Unity wins/ will win in Gameplay.

Jexx21
08-09-2014, 06:48 PM
Rogue's story sounds simple and easy to digest and understand.
Unity's story sounds more complex and interesting and it might keep me mulling over it.

So far that makes me like Unity's story more so far, but I'm excited for both stories.

Xangr8
08-09-2014, 07:47 PM
In my eyes, Unity also seems to have a pretty interesting story...y'see Elise and Arno love story :3 But the way the devs are focusing on Rogue's story, the way they say they removed multiplayer to concentrate on the main story...it might be pretty interesting...

Assassin_M
08-09-2014, 07:52 PM
I think the opinion of saying that Rogue's story is better because we'll get to be a Templar is as narrow and shallow as saying that Unity's story is better because there's romance.

I think both will have their complexities and both will have great stories if executed properly but for gameplay? Unity, hands down.

Fatal-Feit
08-09-2014, 09:00 PM
I think the opinion of saying that Rogue's story is better because we'll get to be a Templar is as narrow and shallow as saying that Unity's story is better because there's romance.

People are choosing Rogue's story because from experience, the 17th century stories tend to be the most well written despite having a shallow marketing deploy. ei: Edward is a cold-blooded pirate trained by Assassin. --Like how Shay is an Assassin turned Templar. Woohoo~ But yeah, as we all know now, there tends to be a lot more depth to the stories.

Honestly, I haven't seen much of Unity's aside from this Romeo and Juliet-like plot (which I really dig), but it's giving me too much of an Ezio vibe. And IMO, Ezio had the most shallow and one-dimensional stories.

Jexx21
08-09-2014, 09:04 PM
Assassin's Creed has never took place in the 17th century.

And AC4, AC3, Liberation, Unity, and Rogue all take place in the 18th century.

Unity doesn't give me an "Ezio-vibe" at all, that's stupid. Everything we heard about Unity's story though sounds much more interesting. Arno's raised by both an Assassin and a Templar, has an adopted sister that he has a romantic connection with, and they probably decide to infiltrate the two orders to get back at the people that killed their father(s).

Jexx21
08-09-2014, 09:06 PM
In my eyes, Unity also seems to have a pretty interesting story...y'see Elise and Arno love story :3 But the way the devs are focusing on Rogue's story, the way they say they removed multiplayer to concentrate on the main story...it might be pretty interesting...

That's just an excuse to not have multiplayer. In reality, they probably removed multiplayer because the userbase for it is probably dwindling and they can't justify development on it any longer.

Fatal-Feit
08-09-2014, 09:32 PM
Assassin's Creed has never took place in the 17th century.

And AC4, AC3, Liberation, Unity, and Rogue all take place in the 18th century.

18th century*, thanks.

Unity doesn't give me an "Ezio-vibe" at all, that's stupid. Everything we heard about Unity's story though sounds much more interesting. Arno's raised by both an Assassin and a Templar, has an adopted sister that he has a romantic connection with, and they probably decide to infiltrate the two orders to get back at the people that killed their father(s).

It gives me plenty. Let alone the Ezio's family homage in its soundtrack, there's a lot of talk about how Arno will join the Assassins in his late teens, and will use them as a means to an end, but will also come to understand them. (like how Ezio only used them to avenge his family but apparently understood the Assassins by the end) And Ezio was always this romantic type of protagonist with a love interest, and Unity seems to be stretching there from what we've seen. I'm not saying that Unity's story will be an iteration, or won't be completely different in the final package, it's just keeping me reminiscent.

Assassin_M
08-09-2014, 10:20 PM
People are choosing Rogue's story because from experience, the 17th century stories tend to be the most well written despite having a shallow marketing deploy. ei: Edward is a cold-blooded pirate trained by Assassin. --Like how Shay is an Assassin turned Templar. Woohoo~ But yeah, as we all know now, there tends to be a lot more depth to the stories.
Whatever the reason they're choosing is, some people expressed that their choices are based on Romance for Unity and Templar view for Rogue--in my opinion, those reasons are shallow and narrow.

Landruner
08-10-2014, 02:31 AM
*In my opinion.

Personally feeling the Templar storyline way more interesting as its not just throwing a Templar game at us. He turns, we experience the shift, we experience why.

I agree, I have the feeling that Rogue story could be more interesting than Unity - The all turn over situation of the main character is more appealing to me.

LoyalACFan
08-10-2014, 02:31 AM
Whatever the reason they're choosing is, some people expressed that their choices are based on Romance for Unity and Templar view for Rogue--in my opinion, those reasons are shallow and narrow.

That's kinda all we have to go on though. Shay = Templar revenge-y guy, Arno = witty romantic guy. We know very, very little about either story, but from the tiny nuggets of info we have, romance is more unique than revenge yet again.

Xstantin
08-10-2014, 02:37 AM
We know very, very little about either story, but from the tiny nuggets of info we have, romance is more unique than revenge yet again.

I just went with the time period. The French Revolution looks like a wonderful backdrop for conspiracies, treachery and fanaticism.

Assassin_M
08-10-2014, 02:53 AM
That's kinda all we have to go on though. Shay = Templar revenge-y guy, Arno = witty romantic guy. We know very, very little about either story, but from the tiny nuggets of info we have, romance is more unique than revenge yet again.
Well, if everybody is deciding just based on that then that's another story

JustPlainQuirky
08-10-2014, 02:55 AM
My choice isn't shallow. Mine is based on the presence of Haytham.

http://www.collegenews.com/images/news/0114-Steve-Stockman-Custom-_Nda5x.jpg