PDA

View Full Version : Request - Sound Card and Damage Model?

Red_Russian13
04-30-2004, 12:18 PM
Greetings ladies and gents;

I want to upgrade my sound card. Currently I'm using SB Audigy 2. I've got a 5.1 speaker set up. I'm looking for something that has the absolute BEST sound, but will also allow me to plug in a guitar...I think that the Audigy 2 Platinum allows for this, but I'm not sure...Anyhow...in your opinion, what is the best Sound Card on the market that can do these things?

Also, I noticed a while back (and I've been meaning to ask about this) that someone posted a picture of a damage model (?). The one with the arrows coming out of the aircraft, which I believe denotes the path of rounds/shrapnel. How do you do this? I'm just curious because I wanted to try it with some of my (AI) victims...just to see.

Thanks in advance.

Red Russian

Red_Russian13
04-30-2004, 12:18 PM
Greetings ladies and gents;

I want to upgrade my sound card. Currently I'm using SB Audigy 2. I've got a 5.1 speaker set up. I'm looking for something that has the absolute BEST sound, but will also allow me to plug in a guitar...I think that the Audigy 2 Platinum allows for this, but I'm not sure...Anyhow...in your opinion, what is the best Sound Card on the market that can do these things?

Also, I noticed a while back (and I've been meaning to ask about this) that someone posted a picture of a damage model (?). The one with the arrows coming out of the aircraft, which I believe denotes the path of rounds/shrapnel. How do you do this? I'm just curious because I wanted to try it with some of my (AI) victims...just to see.

Thanks in advance.

Red Russian

maxim26
04-30-2004, 12:34 PM
I tired many cards before i got SB Audigy 2 and none of them were even close to the sound of Audigy. Creative is a creator (sound strangehttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif) of EAX standard for the games. Probably this is explanation why Audigy sound is so well positioned. While plaing i can tell exect directions from which sound is coming. It halps a lot when i play Americas Army. Everu time sombody shoots i cant tell their position.

I dont think you can combine music and gaming on one sound card. Such cards like Turtle Beach and M Revolution for 3D sound use Sensura software emulation. Firs, it sux, 3D positioning is much worse compared with Audigy hardware EAX, and second - it will load you CPU.

So if you more gamer then musitian, stay with Audigy 2.

Red_Russian13
04-30-2004, 12:38 PM
Maxim;

Thanks. I am more of a gamer than a musician, and I love the sound from this card. But I was wondering the feasibility of having a jack for my guitar...It's an acoustic and I would like to record some stuff. Anyway, I appreciate your help...

Red Russian

cruelsword
04-30-2004, 12:39 PM
Hi Red_Russian13,

go for Audigy 2ZS Platinum or Platinum Pro. It's best buy for you. Great for gaming, but for musicians too. Believe me.

Regards
Cruel

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/cruelsword/PinkFloyd.jpg

a soul in tension that's learning to fly
condition grounded but determined to try
can't keep my eyes from the-circling-skies
tongue-tied & twisted just an earth-bound misfit, I
Pink Floyd - Learning to Fly

Kozedub
04-30-2004, 12:52 PM
Hey Red .... I have got for my girlfriend's PC Audigy 2zs Platinum Pro-It's got all the software and connection hub you will ever need as a musician and gamer... My girl does voice recording and editing, so she likes it...

maxim26
04-30-2004, 01:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kozedub:
Hey Red .... I have got for my girlfriend's PC Audigy 2zs Platinum Pro-It's got all the software and connection hub you will ever need as a musician and gamer... My girl does voice recording and editing, so she likes it...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont think there is a point to go from Audigy 2 to Audigy 2 ZX. The only difference is alitle better noise to signal ration and ZX supports more speakers 7.1.

I dont use my Audigy for recording music but I'm sure thet there is a way to plug guitar in. The only difference from Pratinum version is editional module. The card itself is exactly the same. I recomend you to look up in the manual. There must be a way to connect MIDI devices.

Red_Russian13
04-30-2004, 02:52 PM
Thanks guys! I appreciate your assistance. As always, this forum is of help.

Red Russian