PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed Unity: Customization

m4r-k7
08-08-2014, 01:14 AM
I think we are in need of a thread dedicated to customization in terms of outfits / pieces of outfits. According to a Neogaf user who has the newest Game Informer issue customization will be

"You can now customize your legs, boots, forearms, chest, hood, and mask. And the armor/clothing has attributes like a hood that makes you blend faster in crowds and a belt that allows you to hold more items."

Now we knew that before apart from the mask. What do you think mask means? Maybe masks like the Ishak Pasha mask in AC R?

What do you guys think customization will be like in Unity? Do you think we will be able to mix and match with lots of different options. Do you think there are certain outfits such as the native outfit or do you think every outfit can be stripped into pieces? So many questions!

P.S In an interview, one of the dev's mentioned you can dye your clothes. I don't know if that means dying individual pieces or what but the Create your Assassin thing on their website may give us an indication of the type of colour customization you can do.

JustPlainQuirky
08-08-2014, 01:17 AM
We already pretty much know how customization works.

Mix and match whatever you like and just accept whatever attributes they have.

Sesheenku
08-08-2014, 05:50 AM
We already pretty much know how customization works.

Mix and match whatever you like and just accept whatever attributes they have.

Only thing they can do better is do it like SMT online which allowed you to take attributes from 3 different pieces of gear and fuse them onto another.

Each item had attributes assigned to one of three slots, you'd choose 3 pieces of gear that had the attribute you wanted in the appropriate slot, then fuse them together to make one ultimate piece of gear.

Before the game shut down Limit break stuff was all the rage, people would pile on limit breaks till they could limit break all the time and hit max damage on every hit save for the extra content.

Too bad to get that good you had to either put tens of thousands of dollars into the game or have been a veteran and been there since closed beta, buying anything and everything that looked good while the market was saturated and the prices were low, otherwise the supply would be cut off and you'd have a near 0% chance of ever getting one and if you did, someone was liable to charge you an, arm, leg, eyeball, kidney, and your mortal soul.

RinoTheBouncer
08-08-2014, 10:44 AM
This is one of the features I’m really looking forward to and I really hope that it will be as good as I’m hoping that it turns out to be. Customizing pieces of the outfit individually is great and having a unique look for your Assassin is wonderful. I wonder if creating those looks will affect the gameplay or it’ll be just cosmetic. I mean, it would be great that each outfit will have a certain effect on the way you complete a certain mission, like you can be scary in some outfits that people don’t stand in your way, the other could make you more trustworthy to the guards or the other can make you more agile in your moves..etc.

marvelfannumber
08-08-2014, 12:37 PM
Yeah the customization is the only thing right now I wanna hear about the game before it comes out at this point, because I am quite intrigued by it.

As long as I get to look like this version of Arno/Mr. pointy beard in the forum background, i'll be fine:

http://i.imgur.com/I61xrxD.png

(I win) Never gonna let it go!

m4r-k7
08-08-2014, 01:14 PM
(I win) Never gonna let it go!

Oh god. Let the battle commence!

marvelfannumber
08-08-2014, 01:23 PM
Oh god. Let the battle commence!

Now if only Unity had a battle mode we could settle our differences with a 1 on 1 showdown, Classic Arno vs. Modern Arno! :rolleyes:

m4r-k7
08-08-2014, 01:24 PM
Now if only Unity had a battle mode we could settle our differences with a 1 on 1 showdown, Classic Arno vs. Modern Arno! :rolleyes:

That would be epic haha I don't mind the back of the classic Arno in that image you posted but the front was ugly!

marvelfannumber
08-08-2014, 01:31 PM
That would be epic haha I don't mind the back of the classic Arno in that image you posted but the front was ugly!

I though the front was mixed, but the back is awesome. The back matters the most anyways, since that's what you are gonna be seeing most of the time.

m4r-k7
08-08-2014, 01:35 PM
I though the front was mixed, but the back is awesome. The back matters the most anyways, since that's what you are gonna be seeing most of the time.

True, Well if it makes you feel any better I reckon that outfit will be available in the game and I reckon the "fearless assassin" outfit which is what the guy with the pointy beard is wearing will be in the game too. I just want promo Arno outfit. The one in game looks different :(

marvelfannumber
08-08-2014, 01:40 PM
I just want promo Arno outfit. The one in game looks different :(

Is there a difference between promo Arno and in-game Arno except for worse graphics? The only difference I noticed was that he has some gray stuff on his back in the CG trailers but not in-game.

m4r-k7
08-08-2014, 01:48 PM
Is there a difference between promo Arno and in-game Arno except for worse graphics? The only difference I noticed was that he has some gray stuff on his back in the CG trailers but not in-game.

Material man, its all about the material. In promo Arno his outfit doesn't look like a curtain.

Promo Arno: Material is cool suede (?) material :)

http://cdn3.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/ACUnityArno-1.jpg?42e955

Ingame Arno: Curtain silky material :(

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-GB/game/assassins-creed/ac/revolution_gameplay_thmb_154694.jpg

marvelfannumber
08-08-2014, 01:52 PM
Material man, its all about the material. In promo Arno his outfit doesn't look like a curtain.
Promo Arno: Material is cool suede (?) material :)
Ingame Arno: Curtain silky material :(

Odd, I never even noticed that. That's kinda wierd, I mean Ubi have showed they are perefectly able to make that kind of texture on last-gen, so why is it all weird like that in-game I wonder?

m4r-k7
08-08-2014, 01:54 PM
Odd, I never even noticed that. That's kinda wierd, I mean Ubi have showed they are perefectly able to make that kind of texture on last-gen, so why is it all weird like that in-game I wonder?

Exactly. I still love his outfit though, I just really like that awesome promo material as it makes it more realistic.

Dome500
08-08-2014, 02:48 PM
Love the new customization.

What I like especially is the mere fact that a lot of outfits are way more subtle than outfits in previous games, that way one really starts to immerse himself into all that social Stealth.
Subtle outfits and small weapons, that's what I like for my sneaky Assassin.