PDA

View Full Version : So in retrospect, WTF was "Look to the stars?"

LoyalACFan
08-06-2014, 06:32 PM
For those who don't remember, somebody on the AC team tweeted that Freedom Cry contained a hint to the next game's setting, and the clue he gave was "look to the stars." Someone else (I think Darby, maybe) said the clue was right under our noses. So now we know the new setting(s), and I can't figure out what "look to the stars" meant. "Right under our noses" was probably just referring to the fact that Freedom Cry took place in a French colony, so the next game is in France. But l fail to see how looking at the stars in Freedom Cry connects to either Unity or Rogue.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-06-2014, 06:35 PM
Darby said on his twitter that is just meant "You will have to wait and see."

pacmanate
08-06-2014, 06:35 PM
No idea, I don't see how having French enemies was a hint to the next game being in France. Just like in ACRev fighting mongolians at the end as Altair wasn't a hint to the next game etc. Fok nse.

RinoTheBouncer
08-06-2014, 06:40 PM
I think it has to do with the Observatory in Paris or just same meaningless remark just like the meaningless **** he writes.

pacmanate
08-06-2014, 06:41 PM
I think "look at the floor" would have been a better indication. They have ground in France... I think.

guardian_titan
08-06-2014, 06:42 PM
It was probably nothing and them just toying with us. Sailors did navigate with the stars back then and Rogue does have naval gameplay so it could elude to that perhaps? So Darby might not have been eluding to the location of Rogue itself but an element within it.

Someone could just ask Darby what he meant. With Rogue now announced, he should be able to elaborate.

ze_topazio
08-06-2014, 06:43 PM
I thought they were just messing with us.

Xstantin
08-06-2014, 06:47 PM
I thought they were just messing with us.

I feel the same way. Hints about future games in comics/books/dlc/modern day segments... Hints everywhere.

Sesheenku
08-06-2014, 06:51 PM
For those who don't remember, somebody on the AC team tweeted that Freedom Cry contained a hint to the next game's setting, and the clue he gave was "look to the stars." Someone else (I think Darby, maybe) said the clue was right under our noses. So now we know the new setting(s), and I can't figure out what "look to the stars" meant. "Right under our noses" was probably just referring to the fact that Freedom Cry took place in a French colony, so the next game is in France. But l fail to see how looking at the stars in Freedom Cry connects to either Unity or Rogue.

Dunno but just saying France has been referenced in every game since 2.

There is no location that comes about without being referenced first.

America is referenced in 1 and 2 with the apples map of the world, and then again in Revelations with Sophia's map and the mention of Vespucci.

You don't need their twitters to figure anything out, every game references the location of the next game, sometimes it references the locations of more than one future game.

Italy is also referenced in AC1 when the assassin bureau guy in Acre mentions Venice.

Constantinople and Rome are referenced in AC2 as well.

ShoryukenMan
08-06-2014, 06:54 PM
Someone told me that Darby said that look to the stars meant, "To wait and see."

I have never in my life heard anyone ever refer to the stars like that. So, I've been making fun of it ever since.

Darby: I wonder what we're having for dinner tonight?

Me: Maybe you should look to the stars, Darby. Look to the stars...

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-06-2014, 06:59 PM
This should clear things up:

http://i58.tinypic.com/2mpy9td.png

GunnerGalactico
08-06-2014, 07:03 PM

"Wait and see"- that makes sense :p

I also thought that they were just messing around. People do tend to read too much into things.

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 07:04 PM
Someone told me that Darby said that look to the stars meant, "To wait and see."

I have never in my life heard anyone ever refer to the stars like that. So, I've been making fun of it ever since.

Darby: I wonder what we're having for dinner tonight?

Me: Maybe you should look to the stars, Darby. Look to the stars...

I'd look at Darby's stars all day

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/263/5/2/sparkle_eyes__by_jailboticus-d5fdu84.gif

LatinaC09
08-06-2014, 07:08 PM
Didn't someone say the box at the end of Freedom Cry was relevant in some why?

LoyalACFan
08-06-2014, 07:09 PM
Dunno but just saying France has been referenced in every game since 2.

There is no location that comes about without being referenced first.

America is referenced in 1 and 2 with the apples map of the world, and then again in Revelations with Sophia's map and the mention of Vespucci.

You don't need their twitters to figure anything out, every game references the location of the next game, sometimes it references the locations of more than one future game.

Italy is also referenced in AC1 when the assassin bureau guy in Acre mentions Venice.

Constantinople and Rome are referenced in AC2 as well.

They reference all kinds of locations though, it's hardly a sure bet to say "this will be the next AC location because it was mentioned in the last game." If that were the case, I'd still be holding my breath for games in Cyprus, Greece, Japan, China, Egypt, Russia, Ecuador, India, etc. I hardly think they're going to make games about every one of those locations, plus others I haven't even listed.

Thanks Humble, that was the proof I needed.

Sesheenku
08-06-2014, 07:17 PM
They reference all kinds of locations though, it's hardly a sure bet to say "this will be the next AC location because it was mentioned in the last game." If that were the case, I'd still be holding my breath for games in Cyprus, Greece, Japan, China, Egypt, Russia, Ecuador, India, etc. I hardly think they're going to make games about every one of those locations, plus others I haven't even listed.

The point being that one of the referenced locations always comes to pass. Nothing but the referenced locations have come to pass.

Why are you holding you breath for Cyprus? You are aware of Bloodlines right? It may not be a main game but it still counts.

As for the rest of those, the ones that are most relevant are China, Japan, Greece, and Egypt, three of which have heavy ties to the origins of the order and Japan which is mostly due to fan demand.. I'm not sure if they'll make India and Russia since they have told the stories of those brotherhoods outside of the games.

Either way I would bet a full months paycheck every time a new main AC comes out will end up in one of the referenced locations

Wolfmeister1010
08-06-2014, 07:23 PM
I don't think Rogue will be relevant to the actual series beyond bridging AC3-4 and to the french revolution. But perhaps the box is involved..BAstienne and Ade were the last ones seen with it..

LoyalACFan
08-06-2014, 07:30 PM
The point being that one of the referenced locations always comes to pass. Nothing but the referenced locations have come to pass.

Why are you holding you breath for Cyprus? You are aware of Bloodlines right? It may not be a main game but it still counts.

As for the rest of those, the ones that are most relevant are China, Japan, Greece, and Egypt, three of which have heavy ties to the origins of the order and Japan which is mostly due to fan demand.. I'm not sure if they'll make India and Russia since they have told the stories of those brotherhoods outside of the games.

Either way I would bet a full months paycheck every time a new main AC comes out will end up in one of the referenced locations

But the point is, they've referenced like every setting under the sun. It's like making a thousand predictions and then bragging about it when a single one of them comes true. Egypt and China were featured prominently in 16's blood paintings in AC1, and they still haven't gotten games, but since that one rafiq made an offhand comment about Venice one time, that must mean it was a prophecy? Seriously?

Mr_Shade
08-06-2014, 07:34 PM
Kinda makes that 'Look to the Stars' fake PR I supposedly posted - look very silly now.. LOL

pacmanate
08-06-2014, 07:36 PM
Kinda makes that 'Look to the Stars' fake PR I supposedly posted - look very silly now.. LOL

But you did post it

aL_____eX
08-06-2014, 07:36 PM
I don't think Rogue will be relevant to the actual series beyond bridging AC3-4 and to the french revolution. But perhaps the box is involved..BAstienne and Ade were the last ones seen with it..
At the moment I have the bad feeling that this box isn't of any relevance at all and is just another artifact that's never mentioned again. The whole thing with the observatory had so much potential, but I believe most of the things will never be seen again in an AC game. Maybe in a novel or comic. And that's something I hate about the series. They invent new things with huge potential but due to annual releases and desire to make everyone happy with the next release, those little things always get lost!

Mr_Shade
08-06-2014, 07:40 PM
But you did post it
As if..

How could I 'announce' AC Comet - when that game wasn't ever 'real' - oooooh inception

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 07:41 PM
meanwhile I'm being a cheater and quoting the comments to see the spoiler tagged comments immediatley.

Sesheenku
08-06-2014, 07:43 PM
As if..

How could I 'announce' AC Comet - when that game wasn't ever 'real' - oooooh inception

I hate you guys, I clicked ALL the spoilers!

meanwhile I'm being a cheater and quoting the comments to see the spoiler tagged comments immediatley.

BAH! People these days, always looking for their instant gratification!

pacmanate
08-06-2014, 07:45 PM
I think I broke the spoiler tags

http://i.imgur.com/yi71ing.jpg

GunnerGalactico
08-06-2014, 07:48 PM
You know, the spoiler tags do make a nice pattern when you open them all.:rolleyes:

pacmanate
08-06-2014, 07:50 PM
You know, the spoiler tags do make a nice pattern when you open them all.:rolleyes:

I noticed this too :P but then they just seem to commit suicide and get all flacid

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-06-2014, 07:53 PM
Lol, why did I open all those tags xD

Good thing I used the "reply with quote" to find Shade's real message :p

NekoKera
08-06-2014, 10:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_Zx0tvNAi8

Locopells
08-07-2014, 12:44 AM

I just used the edit button...