PDA

View Full Version : Arbaaz Mir needs a game.

ze_topazio
08-06-2014, 05:14 PM
Arbaaz Mir, based on all the pics I saw of him I always though he was a ******bag, I don't know, he looked like one, but I recently read Brahman and he's actually pretty cool, we need a game with him now, this mofo is way too smooth.

While everybody talks about how unfair is that Connor doesn't have a sequel, think about how Arbaaz and Nikolai don't have any game to begin with.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131015161446/assassinscreed/images/b/ba/ACBr-Arbaaz.png

I-Like-Pie45
08-06-2014, 05:16 PM
India, Russia, Japan, China - all these nations do not deserve to have games.

RagingDragon14
08-06-2014, 05:18 PM
I'd totally like to see a game set in India.

India, Russia, Japan, China - all these nations do not deserve to have games.

What?

Megas_Doux
08-06-2014, 05:18 PM
I like India and we need to move on from the 18th century.......

I-Like-Pie45
08-06-2014, 05:20 PM
I'd totally like to see a game set in India.

What?
For basic crimes against humanity.

Until these nations owe up to their crimes like Germany, they should not have games made glorifying them.

RagingDragon14
08-06-2014, 05:21 PM
I like India and we need to move on from the 18th century.......

19th century India would tie in well with a Victorian England game if it happened. They could put in events like the Sepoy Mutiny.

RagingDragon14
08-06-2014, 05:24 PM
For basic crimes against humanity.

Crimes against humanity? I can understand Russia, China, and Japan (not modern day Japan though), but India? Is this about how it's not really safe for women in India anymore?

RinoTheBouncer
08-06-2014, 05:25 PM
We definitely need to move away from the west and from the 17th century. Itís gotten WAY TOO LAME. Arbaaz Mir and the book Brahman have always been one of the best reads I ever had, not to mention one of the best AC stories for itís scenery and mixture of modern day and historical. So an AC:Brahman-inspired game would be a dream come true for me.

jayjay275
08-06-2014, 05:26 PM
I'd be up for India, unless it is 18th century again then I'd rather they'd do a Connor sequel and be done with the 1700's.

What about a Machiavelli game, where you have to kill La Volpe?
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130408100644/assassinscreed/images/8/8d/ACB_Machiavelli_render.png

SlyTrooper
08-06-2014, 05:30 PM
No, we do not need a game for him. He should stay in comics. That's like saying we need an Ezio comic.

jayjay275
08-06-2014, 05:31 PM
No, we do not need a game for him. He should stay in comics. That's like saying we need an Ezio comic.

Lol it was a joke. :D

RagingDragon14
08-06-2014, 05:32 PM
If we get an Arbaaz Mir game, then we need a Nikolai game first. Just saying.

ze_topazio
08-06-2014, 05:33 PM
The end of Brahman ties extremely well with Victorian UK.

Though I have no interest on Victorian England when England has much more interesting time periods.

Rugterwyper32
08-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Maybe. Leaning to yes, though. A game with him, a Shao Jun game, a cel-shaded Nikolai game and a remake of Discovery.
Do that, Ubisoft, and I'll find inner peace

RagingDragon14
08-06-2014, 05:35 PM
Maybe. Leaning to yes, though. A game with him, a Shao Jun game, a cel-shaded Nikolai game and a remake of Discovery.
Do that, Ubisoft, and I'll find inner peace

Altair's Chronicles should be remade too. And a cel-shaded AC game? :0

BATISTABUS
08-06-2014, 05:36 PM
I'm of the opinion that Assassins in non-video game media do not need games (cameos are fine). This includes Arbaaz and Nikolai, along with whatever Assassins are featured in future comics and films.

RagingDragon14
08-06-2014, 05:37 PM
I'm of the opinion that Assassins in non-video game media do not need games (cameos are fine). This includes Arbaaz and Nikolai, along with whatever Assassins are featured in future comics and films.
I suppose. We'd already know the story, which'd make the game a bit boring.

Rugterwyper32
08-06-2014, 05:39 PM
Altair's Chronicles should be remade too. And a cel-shaded AC game? :0

Even if only the cutscenes were comic book style I'd be fine with that, but when I saw the comics at first it gave me that idea and I can imagine it'd look really cool if done right, if only for a one-off game. And frankly, a game based on one of the comics would pull that off best.

RagingDragon14
08-06-2014, 05:41 PM
Even if only the cutscenes were comic book style I'd be fine with that, but when I saw the comics at first it gave me that idea and I can imagine it'd look really cool if done right, if only for a one-off game. And frankly, a game based on one of the comics would pull that off best.

They should give Telltale Games the license to make video game versions of the comics. That'd be fun, no?

Xstantin
08-06-2014, 05:41 PM

We knew bits about Edward too, on top of that not everyone reads comics, novels etc.

ze_topazio
08-06-2014, 05:42 PM

Brahman only covers a couple days of Arbaaz life, the game would be about another one of his adventures.

Rugterwyper32
08-06-2014, 05:44 PM
They should give Telltale Games the license to make video game versions of the comics. That'd be fun, no?

Oh I'd roll with that. Considering Telltale's recent track record, they'd definitely handle it fantastically. They could do some interesting stuff with that, specially considering the nature of the comics vs the one of the games we have so far.

Loki Will Rule
08-06-2014, 05:46 PM
I'd rather have a game based on Nikolai, but I'm definitely open to them doing a game about Arbaaz Mir.

Hans684
08-06-2014, 06:08 PM
Wishlist(random day) day: "Give us x amount of games staring [insert name of choice] it would be sooooooooo awesome!!!!!!"

Wish given day(random day): "Stop giving us the same crap Ubish!t and don't milk this series anymore. It's COD!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:"

I don't don't see any of those wishes a possibility.

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 06:09 PM
Nikolai game first. Then Arbaaz

Xangr8
08-06-2014, 06:49 PM
I sooo want an Arbaaz Mir game ;3 Been waiting for that historical time period since ACIII :3 I had totally convinced myself that ACIII was going to be set during the British Raj...

GunnerGalactico
08-06-2014, 07:00 PM
Shao Jun must have her game first, then Nicolai Orelov and Arbaaz Mir.

shobhit7777777
08-06-2014, 08:31 PM
Just read Brahman

Holy ****...what a waste of time.

I voted yes....before reading the comic...and now I regret my choice.

I now DON'T want an AC set in India (Thanks AC Brahman). I fear it'll be another romanticized, exotic oriental, mystical BS tale centered around Pieces of Eden and all that drivel with Aladdin looking mothereffers running around.

Desmond, modern day and everything related to them space alien super dupers is so stupid it borders on being offensive.

**** it....go anywhere you want but stay the **** away from India.

I-Like-Pie45
08-06-2014, 08:34 PM
See this? Actual Indians say **** India

Megas_Doux
08-06-2014, 08:34 PM
Just read Brahman

I now DON'T want an AC set in India (Thanks AC Brahman). I fear it'll be another romanticized, exotic oriental, mystical BS tale centered around Pieces of Eden and all that drivel with Aladdin looking mothereffers running around.

Desmond, modern day and everything related to them space alien super dupers is so stupid it borders on being offensive.

I have not read it. Is it really that bad? Why?

shobhit7777777
08-06-2014, 08:47 PM
I have not read it. Is it really that bad? Why?

Note: The following is entirely subjective:

1. Art is meh...inconsistent. Sometimes proportions are off....nothing special TBH
2. Arbaaz gets hardly any page time....when he does...meh - smooth, suave assassin type *yawn*
3. Cliched visuals everywhere...surprised there wasn't a snake charmer in there
4. Plot is cringeworthy and yawn inducing - I don't enjoy the "Chosen one" and "The One ring" tropes that are everywhere in the franchise
5. Modern day characters are cardboards...IDGAF

You still wanna read it? PM me.

Megas_Doux
08-06-2014, 08:52 PM
Note: The following is entirely subjective:

1. Art is meh...inconsistent. Sometimes proportions are off....nothing special TBH
2. Arbaaz gets hardly any page time....when he does...meh - smooth, suave assassin type *yawn*
3. Cliched visuals everywhere...surprised there wasn't a snake charmer in there
4. Plot is cringeworthy and yawn inducing - I don't enjoy the "Chosen one" and "The One ring" tropes that are everywhere in the franchise
5. Modern day characters are cardboards...IDGAF

You still wanna read it? PM me.

I see.

I asked you because I wanted to know the perspective of a Indian, thanks!

shobhit7777777
08-06-2014, 09:02 PM
I see.

I asked you because I wanted to know the perspective of a Indian, thanks!

No worries

Even if I wasn't Indian...I still wouldn't recommend it. There is far far far better things to do than read Brahman.

GunnerGalactico
08-06-2014, 09:06 PM
Just read Brahman

I hate it when people do that. Persia and India are not one monolithic thing.

shobhit7777777
08-06-2014, 09:20 PM
I hate it when people do that. Persia and India are not one monolithic thing.

Yeah....one would think so...but ELEPHANTS! ELEPHANTS EVERYWHERE!

ze_topazio
08-06-2014, 09:29 PM
All games in the series make use of stereotypes and cliches of the area and period for embellishment and to set the mood.

RagingDragon14
08-06-2014, 09:35 PM
I too just read the comic. And IMO, as an Indian myself, it feels insulting to India's culture. Nikolai Orelov is far more deserving of a game than Arbaaz Mir.

GunnerGalactico
08-06-2014, 09:38 PM
Yeah....one would think so...but ELEPHANTS! ELEPHANTS EVERYWHERE!

It's always gotta be the "snake charmers, people swallowing swords and sleeping in beds of nails" thing. I've played POP Sands of Time and one of the things that irked me are that the kingdom in India is called Azad and the princess's name is Farah... I mean Farah is not a traditional Hindi name.

All games in the series make use of stereotypes and cliches of the area and period for embellishment and to set the mood.

Then again, that seems to be the case with every culture and country.

I too just read the comic. And IMO, as an Indian myself, it feels insulting to India's culture. Nikolai Orelov is far more deserving of a game than Arbaaz Mir.

I'm also Indian :)

If they are going to make an AC game set in India, they have to do it right.