PDA

View Full Version : How likely is a Rogue HD port to current-gen?

Gin0r
08-06-2014, 09:54 AM
Iím reaaaally on the fence regarding Rogue...
The obsessive completionist in me wants to play it but if a HD port for PS4/Xbone comes out next year, I know Iíll be kicking myself for buying it full price for last-gen.

Of course I know that nobody can know for sure what Ubiís plans are, but Iíd just like to know what the rest of the community thinks.

Will the last-gen ACs stay last-gen exclusive or do you think current-gen consoles will get ports?

Oh and if this is considered spamming by the admins, Iím sorry about it! Just delete/move the thread.

Fatal-Feit
08-06-2014, 10:11 AM
It had better be a timed exclusive. I hate playing 3rd party games on consoles only.

projectpat06
08-06-2014, 10:25 AM
Solution:
1.Buy Unity.
2. Enjoy Unity for the next 6 Months along with other awesome games coming in 2015.
3. Buy current gen version of AC Rogue if it comes out early summer since nothing really gets released around this time of the year
or 4. Buy last gen version of AC Rogue for half price or cheaper and
5. Enjoy another AC experience until the next game comes out next October.

Gin0r
08-06-2014, 10:38 AM
Solution:
1.Buy Unity.
2. Enjoy Unity for the next 6 Months along with other awesome games coming in 2015.
3. Buy current gen version of AC Rogue if it comes out early summer since nothing really gets released around this time of the year
or 4. Buy last gen version of AC Rogue for half price or cheaper and
5. Enjoy another AC experience until the next game comes out next October.

Na, that’d be too easy ;-)
But of course that’ll probably be what I’ll end up doing anyway

#firstworldproblems

Fatal-Feit
08-06-2014, 11:22 AM
I'll most definitely get it for last-gen. I just won't enjoy it as much as I hope to. =/

RinoTheBouncer
08-06-2014, 11:31 AM
As likely as Freedom Cry becoming a standalone game in addition to being a DLC and Liberation becoming a PS3 game in addition to being a Vita exclusive, initially.

lothario-da-be
08-06-2014, 11:32 AM
Ubi can get so much money out of a nextgen port, I am sure they will make one.

Can anyone explain to me why the "stop the flame wars" thread got locked?

Locopells
08-06-2014, 02:32 PM
Ubi can get so much money out of a nextgen port, I am sure they will make one.

Can anyone explain to me why the "stop the flame wars" thread got locked?

Well, it wasn't me, but looking at it, I'd suggest it was because it went off topic, and became another comet/rogue thread.

Jackdaw951
08-06-2014, 03:13 PM
I'm still on Gen 7. Unity will have to wait until I finally make the jump to the new gen. But I have little doubt that Rogue will eventually migrate to the new consoles, and PC. We're fully into diminishing returns on the tech curve right now. Gen 8 is simply not that much better than its predecessor. Things get a bit more fluid, a bit sharper, and a bit more detailed; but there is no leap in capabilities that would relegate any of these games to one gen or the other. It's all up to what makes financial sense for Ubi, and I can't see Rogue staying in the waning gen as sensible in any way.

joelsantos24
08-06-2014, 03:15 PM
Iím reaaaally on the fence regarding Rogue...
The obsessive completionist in me wants to play it but if a HD port for PS4/Xbone comes out next year, I know Iíll be kicking myself for buying it full price for last-gen.

Of course I know that nobody can know for sure what Ubiís plans are, but Iíd just like to know what the rest of the community thinks.

Will the last-gen ACs stay last-gen exclusive or do you think current-gen consoles will get ports?

Oh and if this is considered spamming by the admins, Iím sorry about it! Just delete/move the thread.
Well, my condition to buy a PS4 at this moment was the possibility of Ubisoft releasing the Anthology onto PS4. I contacted Ubisoft's support page on Facebook and they responded, saying there are no plans to release it on PS4, at this moment. So, screw Ubisoft, screw Unity, and screw Rogue as well. I'm staying on last generation.

Xangr8
08-06-2014, 03:38 PM
I'll just sit here in the corner waiting for the port and watching this thread...

Bastiaen
08-06-2014, 04:29 PM
I have my doubts they will do it, but I also have no problem getting a new game for my 360. Plus my wife is excited to play more naval.
Edit: I just hope they put it on PC so the PC gamers don't get left out.

Jexx21
08-06-2014, 04:35 PM
I'm still on Gen 7. Unity will have to wait until I finally make the jump to the new gen. But I have little doubt that Rogue will eventually migrate to the new consoles, and PC. We're fully into diminishing returns on the tech curve right now. Gen 8 is simply not that much better than its predecessor. Things get a bit more fluid, a bit sharper, and a bit more detailed; but there is no leap in capabilities that would relegate any of these games to one gen or the other. It's all up to what makes financial sense for Ubi, and I can't see Rogue staying in the waning gen as sensible in any way.

I'm sorry, but 5000 NPCs on my screen at once says otherwise.

Shahkulu101
08-06-2014, 04:47 PM
At a 2 second glance, you can tell Unity is impossible on PS3/360.

SlyTrooper
08-06-2014, 04:51 PM
You should change the second option from "If it sells enough" to "If it doesn't sell enough".

Crazy_Vantage
08-06-2014, 04:54 PM
Rogue will certainly come to current-gen at some point in the future, probably in the first half of next year if I were to speculate. There's money to be made from it, demand from fans, and they can market as the 'definitive edition' or something as well.

Ezio5326
08-06-2014, 07:10 PM
Just want a yes or no answer from the people at Ubisoft. If it's not, then that's absolutely ridiculous.

jayjay275
08-06-2014, 07:11 PM
Nobody knows, but expect it to come over in a year or so, at least with PSNow that is, but I'm sure there will be a port.

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 07:12 PM
I'm no Ubisoft rep, but I would say it's not coming to current gen consoles immediatley in order to maximize on Unity sales. Same applies to PC release.

People have been speculating that maybe an HD version will release digitally to current gen consoles and PC in 2015.

Sesheenku
08-06-2014, 07:18 PM
No and hey there's no reason to complain.

We get something, old console players get something.

Mr_Shade
08-06-2014, 07:26 PM
No and hey there's no reason to complain.

We get something, old console players get something.

Indeed.

Ubisoft is keen to give owners of the older consoles, something special and to make sure they are not left out of the AC goodness!

Unity is the title for PS4, PC and Xbox One - and Rogue is for the Xbox 360 and PS3.

Should more platforms be added to the release of Rogue, they will be announced - however, that is not a guarantee any will be - however if that changes, we will post to say.

pacmanate
08-06-2014, 07:58 PM
Everyone thinks it will come to next gen. And why not, more money for Ubisoft. They just have to touch things with their HD stick and boom! Sell it on PS4 for full price again.

aL_____eX
08-06-2014, 08:01 PM
A 'Remastered version' is most likely to be released somewhere around next Spring or Summer season. But that's just what I think about it. Reasons have already been given by pacmanate.

RzaRecta357
08-06-2014, 08:57 PM
Yeah it's like 98% fact it'll come out on PS4 later down the line with touched up Visuals. Hell, look at the smoke difference from the canons in between last and current versions of Black Flag. It's an insane difference. They'll know people will want stuff like that. Especially if the story is amazing like it probably will be.

Dome500
08-06-2014, 09:10 PM
It's likely as long as Rouge is not a total fail on 360/PS2 (/PC?).

I also hope it comes to PC.

Sushiglutton
08-06-2014, 09:17 PM
I think it's very likely, but they obv can't say anything because then more people will wait.

NekoKera
08-06-2014, 09:54 PM
I'm just concerned that enough people will get the impression that it will be coming to the current gen consoles and PC that they will pass up the game in favor of a more definitive edition on their system of preference, in turn having some effect on the sales. And if the game eventually does make it to other platforms, those that took the plunge on Xbox 360 and PS3 might feel duped that the game was advertised as exclusive only to go back on that word. If it does make the jump then the timing was well thought out so that two Assassin's Creed games don't have to compete with one another seeing how it is impossible to have Rogue and Unity on the same platform for their launches. Seeing how AC4, ACRogue, AC3 are a trilogy it would kind of make it weird that the trilogy would be incomplete on the current gen consoles without the inclusion of AC3. Rather than just bring Rogue over eventually I would actually prefer to see them package the three games much like they did the Ezio Trilogy.

Jackdaw951
08-07-2014, 06:24 AM

And are those 5000 npcs needed for the game to work? They're as necessary as 60 fps, 1080p, volumetric fog, pooling water, heavy smoke and fluttering sails. In other words, they're not necessary at all, but they sure are a nice technological perk. I'm not dissing the power of the new gen, just saying it wouldn't stop Ubi from scaling any game up or down to either gen, depending on financial considerations. Both gens can do fully immersive 3D games. It's not like, say, the leap from 16-bit to 32-bit consoles.

pacmanate
08-07-2014, 06:32 AM
And are those 5000 npcs needed for the game to work? They're as necessary as 60 fps, 1080p, volumetric fog, pooling water, heavy smoke and fluttering sails. In other words, they're not necessary at all, but they sure are a nice technological perk. I'm not dissing the power of the new gen, just saying it wouldn't stop Ubi from scaling any game up or down to either gen, depending on financial considerations. Both gens can do fully immersive 3D games. It's not like, say, the leap from 16-bit to 32-bit consoles.

I was fine with AC3 crowds to be honest, even then they always got in my way

Sesheenku
08-07-2014, 06:35 AM

You're right Jexx.

Consoles still don't match up in raw power to PC's and as technology continues they probably never will and since that's the case consoles will always have a new threshold to hit.

I'd be willing to bet money that part of the reason Ubisoft chose to make AC3 and 4 in low density areas within cities just getting their start was because the PS3/360 already couldn't handle games at that graphical fidelity with too many NPC's.

AC4 was open world but fps is nice and smooth on a sea where nothing is rendered but the sea. Had it been all land, the FPS would have been utter crap on last gen consoles. Guaranteed.

projectpat06
08-07-2014, 07:12 AM
Yeah it's like 98% fact it'll come out on PS4 later down the line with touched up Visuals. Hell, look at the smoke difference from the canons in between last and current versions of Black Flag. It's an insane difference. They'll know people will want stuff like that. Especially if the story is amazing like it probably will be.

Haha sadly the awesome canon smoke and few visual upgrades is the reason I upgraded to a PS4 for AC4. It looked great on ps3, don't get me wrong. I don't want to risk buying the ps3 version right when the game comes out then six months later the remastered version drops.

So I will be happily playing AC Unity, Arkham Knight (I hope), and MGS V Phanton Pain until next summer.

Gin0r
08-07-2014, 08:43 AM
Well, that’s a pretty clear verdict for now ;-)

creedalien
08-07-2014, 08:47 AM
Nahh money talk you know they gonna make it later when they sold enough from last gen

kosmoscreed
08-07-2014, 09:13 AM
If they do it, I hope they release it cheap, it will be a little sad if they release for the current gen after 6 month and at full price, specially for the people that is going to support the game in old gen and will want to buy it for current gen too.

The fact that is not being released for PC is clearly a hint.

joelsantos24
08-07-2014, 02:07 PM
Indeed.

Ubisoft is keen to give owners of the older consoles, something special and to make sure they are not left out of the AC goodness!

Unity is the title for PS4, PC and Xbox One - and Rogue is for the Xbox 360 and PS3.

Should more platforms be added to the release of Rogue, they will be announced - however, that is not a guarantee any will be - however if that changes, we will post to say.
That's precisely how this feels like: they (Ubisoft) just wanted to throw a bone at everyone. The problem is, there is a fundamental difference between the bones.

AherasSTRG
08-07-2014, 11:27 PM
Me, when I found out that the first game in the series to fully support a darker theme with a bad guy as the protagonist is not coming for the PC since day 1:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ErIHFtEZHhA/UB5ojUXSNaI/AAAAAAAACGU/eA0wS0AhEyA/s1600/crying-indian.gif

I did not vote on the poll, because, truth is, I have literally no idea what Ubisoft are going to do with this game. My plan is as follows:

I wait until September 2015.
If no announcement for a PC iteration of the game has been made, then I am getting a used X360 and buying the X360 version of the game. My eyes bleed out because of the crappy visuals and the lame 720p quality, the gameplay sucks because of this, but, nevertheless, I really enjoy the story. However, if a PC iteration will have been announced by then, then, I pre-order the **** out of the game and play it gloriously on my PC.

I really hope I end up doing the second thing. But hope is not belief, and so I did not vote in the poll/

JustPlainQuirky
08-08-2014, 01:25 AM
Bought AC3 on Wii U again today.

Store Clerk asked if I wanted to pre-order Rogue

I told them I don't have a last gen console.

She laughed.

http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Dr.-Who.gif

Sesheenku
08-08-2014, 06:01 AM
Me, when I found out that the first game in the series to fully support a darker theme with a bad guy as the protagonist is not coming for the PC since day 1:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ErIHFtEZHhA/UB5ojUXSNaI/AAAAAAAACGU/eA0wS0AhEyA/s1600/crying-indian.gif

I did not vote on the poll, because, truth is, I have literally no idea what Ubisoft are going to do with this game. My plan is as follows:

I wait until September 2015.
If no announcement for a PC iteration of the game has been made, then I am getting a used X360 and buying the X360 version of the game. My eyes bleed out because of the crappy visuals and the lame 720p quality, the gameplay sucks because of this, but, nevertheless, I really enjoy the story. However, if a PC iteration will have been announced by then, then, I pre-order the **** out of the game and play it gloriously on my PC.

I really hope I end up doing the second thing. But hope is not belief, and so I did not vote in the poll/

Oh the gameplay is gonna suck alright but not cause of 720p and 20 fps ;P... well at least not only because of that.

Bought AC3 on Wii U again today.

Store Clerk asked if I wanted to pre-order Rogue

I told them I don't have a last gen console.

She laughed.

http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Dr.-Who.gif

That dirty ****.

AherasSTRG
08-08-2014, 12:15 PM
Oh the gameplay is gonna suck alright but not cause of 720p and 20 fps ;P... well at least not only because of that

Well, it's something personal I have. When AC4 first came out without Tripple Buffering support (a 2013 AAA title with no Tripple Buffering support...), I was forced to play it at 30 FPS. But when I found out about the magic D3DOverrider works, I managed to get it to run at 60. The enjoyment I got from the smoothness of the picture, totally made me appreciate the gameplay much more. Might sound stupid for someone else, who does not care about the framerate, but I always choose 60 fps over quality.

Farlander1991
08-08-2014, 01:15 PM
Unity gets announced for next-gen only. A bunch of people go "whaaaaaaaaa, port it to last gen, it should be last gen as well we should be able to play it".
Rogue gets announced for last-gen only. A bunch of people go "whaaaaaaaaaa, port it to next gen, it should be on next gen as well we should be able to play it".

Kinda funny :D

Though, to be fair, a Rogue port is very likely, after some time passes.

AherasSTRG
08-08-2014, 01:27 PM
Unity gets announced for next-gen only. A bunch of people go "whaaaaaaaaa, port it to last gen, it should be last gen as well we should be able to play it".
Rogue gets announced for last-gen only. A bunch of people go "whaaaaaaaaaa, port it to next gen, it should be on next gen as well we should be able to play it".

Kinda funny :D

Well, it's not the same. If you already own a PS3 or an X360, it's only natural that sometime in the future, you will buy either a PS4 or an X1. That way, at some point in the future, you will own 2 systems, one last-gen and one current-gen, and so you get to buy and play both games.

The ones that really are the losers in this case are the PC gamers. I have owned a gaming PC since 2008. With constant upgrades and care, my PC served me well in all the previous Assassin's Creed games and will also serve me well when Unity releases. However, I have been playing the rest of the Kenway Saga on my PC since 2012, but Ubisoft denies me its last part unless I completely change my gaming habits and get a console.

Most console gamers browsing these forums own both a next-gen console and a current-gen console by now, but PC gamers have been PC gamers all along. If there is a masterplan from Ubisoft to eventually release the game on the PC, then it is okay. However, if there is no PC version of the game sometime in 2015 or so, then it is once again clear how Ubisoft likes to disrespect their PC costumers and treat them simply as a market share.

wvstolzing
08-08-2014, 01:33 PM
Only if ps4/x1/pc owners could threaten ubi with not buying ACU unless they got ACRo on their platform....

(joking obviously. you never know...)