PDA

View Full Version : STOP the flamewars

lothario-da-be
08-05-2014, 09:12 PM
I am so sick of it, the announcement of Rogue led to countles of Connor/Shay/Ezio/Arno is the best flame wars again, this realy needs to stop. 90% of the threads on this forum become "ac character flamewars". The same people every time, the same characters every time, the same arguments every time, the same insults every time...
This sh*t is making this forum a less nice place than it could be. It doesn't matter if you love Ezio, or if you are a Connor fangirl. No, Ezio fans are not dumb,inferior and uneducated kids, Altair fans aren't always those stubborn " AC1 was the best and Altair is the greatest mentor" people. Connor fans aren't always fangirls saying you didn't pay attention to the story if you don't like Connor.
The "Arno is the same as Ezio because he is charismatic" theories should stop too. Edward was believed to be an Ezio clone and look how he turned out.
And for some reason you can't be a fan of Ezio and Connor, its one or the other...
I love Ezio and when ac3 got announced I thought I would never get used to Connor, and now I run a Connor sequel FB page. Are we going to keep insulting each other for liking different characters? Thats even worse then console wars, wich is already pretty ridiculous.
I hope this thread brings an end to these dark times and that everyone becomes a bit more tolerant.
Amen

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 09:13 PM
You mention the other Assassins but everything here revolves around Connor.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-05-2014, 09:16 PM
I am so sick of it, the announcement of Rogue led to countles of Connor/Shay/Ezio/Arno is the best flame wars again, this realy needs to stop. 90% of the threads on this forum become "ac character flamewars". The same people every time, the same characters every time, the same arguments every time, the same insults every time...
This sh*t is making this forum a less nice place than it could be. It doesn't matter if you love Ezio, or if you are a Connor fangirl. No, Ezio fans are not dumb,inferior and uneducated kids, Altair fans aren't always those stubborn " AC1 was the best and Altair is the greatest mentor" people. Connor fans aren't always fangirls saying you didn't pay attention to the story if you don't like Connor.
The "Arno is the same as Ezio because he is charismatic" theories should stop too. Edward was believed to be an Ezio clone and look how he turned out.
And for some reason you can't be a fan of Ezio and Connor, its one or the other...
I love Ezio and when ac3 got announced I thought I would never get used to Connor, and now I run a Connor sequel FB page. Are we going to keep insulting each other for liking different characters? Thats even worse then console wars, wich is already pretty ridiculous.
I hope this thread brings an end to these dark times and that everyone becomes a bit more tolerant.
Amen

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/760/085/applause-gif-tumblr-47_original.gif?1363040789

jellejackhammer
08-05-2014, 09:18 PM
wow the first time iv'e seen connor's name so much in just the thread start xd no offense my friend you kinda have a point xd

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 09:20 PM
sure does

http://i.imgur.com/cAv5Ytg.png

lothario-da-be
Maybe, but its always Connor VS someone else
Connor VS Ezio
Connor VS Haytham
Connor VS Edward
Connor VS Arno
Connor VS Shay
Both sides are guilty of igniting these battles in the past couple of days.

Mr_Shade
https://www.smogon.com/forums/attachments/this-is-gonna-be-good-gif.14807/
And that is helping / adding to the thread how?

:rolleyes:

TBH - always going to be some who won't consider other peoples opinions - or - enjoy a good drama, and yes - I am talking about certain people in this thread - however I don't need to name names, hopefully, with the announcement of the new protagonists - who are taking over the helm - things can finally calm down a little…

Yes the old Assassin's have fans - however I hope the new ones, will have just as many over the coming months, to help even things out..

I-Like-Pie45
08-05-2014, 09:21 PM
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/No_one_cares

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 09:21 PM
sure does

http://i.imgur.com/cAv5Ytg.png

Which was supposed to be OTT, evidently...

All the Connor girls wouldnt shut up.

"ERMAGERD NOAHS TWITTER BLAH BLAH"
"NOAH IS TWEETING PICS OF CONNOR!!!""
"NOAH IS AWFULLY QUIET"
"CONNOR PROBABLY IS ON LAST GEN"

etc etc.

****ing annoying.

So when it turned out to be Shay, rejoice. No more stupid talk.

lothario-da-be
08-05-2014, 09:23 PM
And that is helping / adding to the thread how?

TBH - always going to be some who won't consider other peoples opinions - or - enjoy a good drama, however hopefully, with the announcement of the new protagonists - who are taking over the helm - things can finally calm down a little...
Well, I think most of the people with 1000+ posts on this forum could be mature enough to end this.
But it turns out I am wrong lol, this thread has the opposite effect :p

GunnerGalactico
08-05-2014, 09:24 PM
My top 2 Assassins. Need I say more? :rolleyes:

https://consolehq.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/connor-and-ezio.jpg

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 09:24 PM
@mr_shade

uuhhh....uh..........

I think it is best Connor fans try not to force see Connor in everything and that non-Connor fans do not provoke them with celebration of lack of Connor.

There. Better? D:

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 09:25 PM
So now you're directly insulting discussion? I've rarely seen people actually mention noah's twitter in discussions about Connor.

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 09:26 PM
Pac now that is just attacking people for sheer speculation.

Don't get me wrong, it's wrong to hate other characters like Arno for possibly being similar to Ezio, but responding that way over harmless speculation isn't exactly right either IMO.

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 09:26 PM
So now you're directly insulting discussion? I've rarely seen people actually mention noah's twitter in discussions about Connor.

No, its the disregard that when people said this wasn't the case it was all

"no, the signs are there!!!"
"Ubi wouldnt not do a Connor game!!"

lothario-da-be
08-05-2014, 09:27 PM
@GunnerGalatico
Those 2 pics should replace Arno and his buddies on the forum here. Ezio on the left, Connor on the right :p

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 09:27 PM
Pac now that is just attacking peopple for sheer speculation.

No, its laughing in the face of people who would practically shoot down people who gave valid reasons to why it wouldnt be Connor.

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 09:28 PM
Well, I think most of the people with 1000+ posts on this forum could be mature enough to end this.
But it turns out I am wrong lol, this thread has the opposite effect :p
Sorry, I just have some beef with certain members because they love to mock and insult others. I personally love all of the AC protagonists, and I don't try to get into arguments about which one is better. I do however, dislike it when people are trying to discuss the possibilities of future games and people continuously shoot it down with things like "No, it'll never happen, that character sucks." or such and so forth.

But yes, I will admit that I have contributed to these "flame wars."

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 09:29 PM
No, its laughing in the face of people who would practically shoot down people who gave valid reasons to why it wouldnt be Connor.

Laughing at the face of people, regardless of the reason, is pretty disrespectful.

I do think admittedly Humble was being a bit too hopeful of Connor with the high likelyliness of him not being there, but there's no need to provoke her with that "HAHA NO CONNOR" response.

Mr_Shade
08-05-2014, 09:30 PM
@mr_shade

uuhhh....uh..........

I think it is best Connor fans try not to force see Connor in everything and that non-Connor fans do not provoke them with celebration of lack of Connor.

There. Better? D:
Better to say that in the first place, rather than posting a meme - which is basically one to say you are waiting for the drama to explode.. and watch the fallout..

Not a great addition to a thread, asking for people to stop with the dramas ;)

Laughing at the face of people, regardless of the reason, is pretty disrespectful.

I do think admittedly Humble was being a bit too hopeful of Connor with the high likelyliness of him not being there, but there's no need to provoke her with that "HAHA NO CONNOR" response.

It's a public forum… it's going to happen..

You will get people that HATE - Ezio or Connor - or even the hoods - such is the fan base.

If people can't take comments like that as not being directly personal, then I think they should have a breather from the forums.. before posting - being provoked can lend you in trouble - so best to take a breath and then post..

This can be why things explode - people taking comments about a game or character - personally, when it really isn't - I have seen Connor fans take over threads about other subjects - and vice versa - so both sides are to blame.

If a thread is discussing a heated subject, then it will attract people opposed to it - so you can either have a grown up discussion - or it degrades - and more often than not, when that happens - people start slinging abuse..

We won't stand for insults or abuse aimed at members - however people need to take a step back, should someone insult a character - or express pleasure at them being missing from a game.

I understand many people are passionate about the game series - however - people shouldn't allow that to affect their own feelings when posting - or read too much into someone else's comments, if they don't align with yours.

People wanted a pubic forum - however - that also means some people might not always agree with your point of view - so it's important not to take things personally - and learn how to counter arguments rather than answer in the heat of the moment..

Jexx21

People also had valid reasons for believing it may be a Connor game. And you should respect other peoples opinions and speculation and not laugh in their face at them and mock them.

Quite frankly, your behavior disgusts me, and I don't understand how it's tolerated.

lothario-da-be
@Jexx21
We all have sometime contributed to "flame wars" but recently it has been getting worse and worse that no thread could escape it.
Nothing wrong with some discussion about Connor and Ezio, but it's just trolling and hating now.

m4r-k7
08-05-2014, 09:31 PM
http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/tyrion-disapproves.gif

JustPlainQuirky
@Mr_Shade

sowwie. :c

pacmanate

She came AFTER me and Rooster made that thread.

Sorry, I just have some beef with certain members because they love to mock and insult others.

But yes, I will admit that I have contributed to these "flame wars."

Interesting. Yet when Connor fans shoot down others valid reasons for why it wouldnt be Connor its okay?

I-Like-Pie45
08-05-2014, 09:32 PM
Hatred is what makes the world go round and round.

As well as pork buns.

We would not be human without hatred.

lothario-da-be
08-05-2014, 09:33 PM
Interesting. Yet when Connor fans shoot down others valid reasons for why it wouldnt be Connor its okay?
No it isn't. Thats why this is a message to "both sides".

Aphex_Tim
Are we going to keep insulting each other for liking different characters?

Well ain't that how it unfortunately goes with everything in the world? Arguably, it's why we can't have nice things.

JustPlainQuirky
Pac ,not to sound accusatory, but weren't you the one to bring up Connor in that thread the first place?

SixKeys
Pac now that is just attacking people for sheer speculation.

Don't get me wrong, it's wrong to hate other characters like Arno for possibly being similar to Ezio, but responding that way over harmless speculation isn't exactly right either IMO.

Speculation is fine within limits, but lately every thread has been turning into "OMG is this confirmation Connor will have a cameo?!?!". That is really annoying. I get that people want to see their favorite character back, but there has been zero evidence so far, so it's not even speculation based on rumor, just pure wish fulfillment.

However, I do agree there's no need for overt hostility on either side. All I ask is that the pointless "ermagerhhd Connor is sooo hott!!" fangirling be kept to a minimum. Speculation is okay if there's an interesting reason behind it like a legit-sounding fan theory, but merely insisting in thread after thread that "Connor has to be in this game, he just HAS to!" is what's getting on people's nerves.

Fatal-Feit
08-05-2014, 09:34 PM

I have not seen that happen. --Feel free to link. And if anything, wouldn't it be a discussion at that rate?

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 09:35 PM
She came AFTER me and Rooster made that thread.
That's sort of how provocation works.

No, it's not. But none of that justifies the behavior. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Yes, we all act wrongly, and yes, it's hard to improve ourselves, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't try.

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 09:36 PM
Speculation is fine within limits, but lately every thread has been turning into "OMG is this confirmation Connor will have a cameo?!?!". That is really annoying. I get that people want to see their favorite character back, but there has been zero evidence so far, so it's not even speculation based on rumor, just pure wish fulfillment.

However, I do agree there's no need for overt hostility on either side. All I ask is that the pointless "ermagerhhd Connor is sooo hott!!" fangirling be kept to a minimum. Speculation is okay if there's an interesting reason behind it like a legit-sounding fan theory, but merely insisting in thread after thread that "Connor has to be in this game, he just HAS to!" is what's getting on people's nerves.

I have been getting a bit annoyed by it myself, even after participating in some speculation.

I'm just saying there's more ways to settle an annoyance other than mockery and provocation. So I agree with you. :)

pacmanate
People also had valid reasons for believing it may be a Connor game. And you should respect other peoples opinions and speculation and not laugh in their face at them and mock them.

Quite frankly, your behavior disgusts me, and I don't understand how it's tolerated.

Thats great! But when people have other valid opinions on why it ISNT why do we get sarcastic responses? The only people I actually managed to have proper conversations about Connor is to Wolf, LadyLeonhart and Silver. The rest seem to start raging like you insulted their mothers.

My behavior disgusts you? Thats brilliant. I do respect peoples opinions and speculations, I've never told people to stop. But when Connor fans shoot down non Connor opinions THOSE fans of the series get shot down for that.

marvelfannumber
@SixKeys

Amen.

lothario-da-be
08-05-2014, 09:37 PM
Please people keep it nice and civil here. This should be the place to end the fight, not start new flamewars.

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 09:38 PM
I have not seen that happen. --Feel free to link. And if anything, wouldn't it be a discussion at that rate?

Trust me, it happens.

And no, thats the problem. Anyone that says something isnt Connor gets practically shat on, whether they have a valid reason or not. So whats the point trying to be reasonable?

Im not going to link you to things that have happened since May as that is extremely time consuming.

JustPlainQuirky
I do agree some Connor fans...I hate to say.....are unwilling to listen to reason.

I like to consider myself a Connor fan and someone who listens to reason.

Still, mockery and provocation is a no-no IMO.

marvelfannumber
Please people keep it nice and civil here. This should be the place to end the fight, not start new flamewars.

Did you honestly expect that a thread called "STOP the flamewars" would stop flamewars and not provoke them?

Srsly?

Aphex_Tim
08-05-2014, 09:40 PM
Did you honestly expect that a thread called "STOP the flamewars" would stop flamewars and not provoke them?

Srsly?

Some of us still have hope in humanity.

lothario-da-be
08-05-2014, 09:40 PM

Srsly?
I expected a lot of trolling, not much new flame wars. I hoped that after the first trolls we could be able to have nice discussions that make this forum a nicer place.

Mr_Shade
08-05-2014, 09:41 PM

hahah indeed ;)

marvelfannumber
08-05-2014, 09:41 PM

Poor, poor saps.

Having hope in humanity has to be the most depressing mindset I imagine.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-05-2014, 09:42 PM

Agreed.

Megas_Doux
Both sides are to blame!

Do not get me wrong, I like Connor, but I┤m kinda tired that EVERY thread turns into " Connor might appear, YAYYYYYYYYYYY" Connor is here", Ubi bring Connor" to the annoyance of everybody.. And then Connor haters continue the trend.

JustPlainQuirky
Kind of worried this thread might end with infractions for many, so I'm treading as carefully as possible TBH, aside from dat first post.

Just, if Connor speculation bothers you feel free to say it does but try to be respectful about it. And don't post things you know will provoke Connor fans.

And to Connor fans: Try to be more a bit more open.

That's the best way I can put it.

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 09:43 PM
Thats great! But when people have other valid opinions on why it ISNT why do we get sarcastic responses?

My behavior disgusts you? Thats brilliant. I do respect peoples opinions and speculations, I've never told people to stop. But when Connor fans shoot down non Connor opinions THOSE fans of the series get shot down for that.

I don't try to respond sarcastically to you, so sorry if I ever do, but I have rarely seen this happen, what I usually see are people talking about Connor or a possible Connor sequel and people barging in with rude comments saying that it's unlikely when all they want to do is discuss possibilities.

If you respect the opinions of others, I have yet to see it really shine through. And you haven't told people to stop? Excuse me, then what are you implying in your constant posts mocking others? You're implying that they're people to be spat upon, that they should just disappear entirely.

lothario-da-be
08-05-2014, 09:43 PM
As Connor would say
" it is better to have faith in something then in nothing at all"
:p

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 09:45 PM
I expected a lot of trolling, not much new flame wars. I hoped that after the first trolls we could be able to have nice discussions that make this forum a nicer place.
Freedom is messy.

That's what this should do, by voicing our complaints with each other and then making strides to improve ourselves. You don't get to the end of the road without going over a few hills.

lothario-da-be
Kind of worried this thread might end with infractions for many, so I'm treading as carefully as possible TBH, aside from dat first post.

Just, if Connor speculation bothers you feel free to say it does but try to be respectful about it. And don't post things you know will provoke Connor fans.

And to Connor fans: Try to be more a bit more open.

That's the best way I can put it.
This
We as Connor fans should try to get fan speculation in the "discuss connor's future thread", the haters should try to troll a bit less when it appears somewhere else.

nan_alin
I really don't understand... they are just some game characters: ezio, connor, altair are note real persones. Yes, you can like a character but that doesn't mean we have to worshipe them or to praise them like they are some heroes... my english is not that good and maybe I can't make myself clear but the idea is that this forum should be about posting new information about a game, or changing opinions about gameplay, settings, etc.. Not making it a battlefield between connors and ezio and altairs fans... I really think you guys should realize that and stop fighting over nothing

marvelfannumber
08-05-2014, 09:46 PM
I don't try to respond sarcastically to you, so sorry if I ever do, but I have rarely seen this happen, what I usually see are people talking about Connor or a possible Connor sequel and people barging in with rude comments saying that it's unlikely when all they want to do is discuss possibilities.

I partially agree with this, while I agree people shouldn't make rude responses to speculation, I have to point out that we have 2 Connor thread that are all about speculation. So, why does it keep sneaking uninvited into other threads? I can agree with other people that it is getting very annoying.

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 09:47 PM

If you respect the opinions of others, I have yet to see it really shine through. And you haven't told people to stop? Excuse me, then what are you implying in your constant posts mocking others? You're implying that they're people to be spat upon, that they should just disappear entirely.

Yeah you can see people talking about Connors future. You have a thread for that. Most of the comments are not rude when debunking the theory of Connor in "comet" at the time. People said how it couldnt happen, then you got the whole Noahs twitter, Kenway "Saga" being bought up 1000 times etc etc.

I have NEVER said a Connor sequel can not happen. I will not excuse you, as I have not told people to stop speculating. I've said many times Connor wouldn't be in Comet/Rogue, but never said it can't/wont happen in the future.

I-Like-Pie45
Freedom is a mess.

Right is right.

lothario-da-be
Freedom is messy.

That's what this should do, by voicing our complaints with each other and then making strides to improve ourselves. You don't get to the end of the road without going over a few hills.
Haha Jexx I kinda remembered you as some d*ck who was always trolling around here.
I am glad I am wrong, I love your contribution to this so far :)

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 09:48 PM
Man, I guess making that Connor Discussion thread was a good call on my part. :rolleyes:

I suppose the speculation could be more focused in that thread. I posted in there recently hoping the conversation would move there.

Fatal-Feit
08-05-2014, 09:49 PM
Trust me, it happens.

And no, thats the problem. Anyone that says something isnt Connor gets practically shat on, whether they have a valid reason or not. So whats the point trying to be reasonable?

Im not going to link you to things that have happened since May as that is extremely time consuming.

That was last May, though. Things are better better. An eye or an eye are only going to make things worse, believe me.

Also, I can see why ignoring won't help, but provocating won't either. I remember taking a break from this very forum because of all the ''HURR DURR MODEN DAY R NOT TRUE FAN PEEP, ME PURE HARCORE FANNNN CUZ EBZIO N AC1 REAL, DEY CASUALS FOR NAVAL'', and arguing only made more threads. It lightened up, fortunately.

lothario-da-be
08-05-2014, 09:49 PM
I really don't understand... they are just some game characters: ezio, connor, altair are note real persones. Yes, you can like a character but that doesn't mean we have to worshipe them or to praise them like they are some heroes... my english is not that good and maybe I can't make myself clear but the idea is that this forum should be about posting new information about a game, or changing opinions about gameplay, settings, etc.. Not making it a battlefield between connors and ezio and altairs fans... I really think you guys should realize that and stop fighting over nothing
You, my novice, are ready to be mentor.
Junior member of the week.

SixKeys
08-05-2014, 09:51 PM
As much as I am annoyed with pointless fangirling (or fanboying), I'm equally annoyed by people who keep reviving old flamewars thinking they're funny. Both extremes are just as irritating. All I want is for people to be able to respectfully express their love or dislike of certain characters without being bashed for it. I'll admit I have been caught up in the flame wars in the past, because when one side is using extremist arguments, it's easy to hop on board and flame right back at them. But I want to be better than that. I remember when these forums were more about actual speculation, about the story and gameplay and all the fun stuff. Character wars are pointless and boring. It's been 2 years since AC3. We have plenty of new characters to discuss and speculate about. I just want us to move on from the Connor vs. Ezio vs. Alta´r vs. whoever BS.

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 09:51 PM
Yes, the best course of action is to try and keep talk of Connor to threads dedicated to him and his story.

But that isn't really the only issue that I've had in relation to your behaviors. Why the unnecessary resentment and antagonistic behavior to people such as Mayrice, and even myself, on certain levels? If you give us advice, respectfully, and not in a mocking way, we would be much more likely to not think badly of you.

Megas_Doux
08-05-2014, 09:52 PM
This
We as Connor fans should try to get fan speculation in the "discuss connor's future thread", the haters should try to troll a bit less when it appears somewhere else.

Connor┤s fans are MUCH more vocal than his haters here, check how many posts they have. "Edward is just like Ezio, Arno is just like Ezio, Shay is just like Ezio" or "Connor this, Connor that" speculating about him in EVERY THREAD possible, I am annoyed by that and I like Connor.....

I suppose the ones who are not get even more annoyed.

jellejackhammer
08-05-2014, 09:52 PM
one thing to remember:connor or any other character even ezio have never been the GOD of ac,there is no ultimate protag meaning that characters come and go to make room for new one's to explore.

ok we have had 3 games with ezio and yes it might be a little unfair to connor fans that connor doesn't have that and i understand but what people have to understand asswell is the fact that not everyone can be pleased and there always will be dissapontment but that's just with al lot of things just like game settings.

speculation and discussion is a good part of gaming in general as is dissapontment and even anger, we are all gamers and fans of ac it's a bond that we forge so we invluding myself have to keep that bond strong because that is wa makes ac great:the friendship or likeness for people on this forum. no need to insult people with other opinons or views. and if connor returns or not i'm sure we all will meet a other protag that we all will love aswell

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 09:53 PM
Do you wanna know what's weird? I don't dislike Connor nearly as much as his ****ing fanbase. Here is why its annoying.

1. A lot of threads having Connor mentioned having some sort of cameo etc in Unity/Rogue.
2. People constantly and seemingly convinced Arno was Connor.
3. When it was confirmed Arno wasn't Connor, people were still convinced it was Connor.
4. People accepted that Connor wasn't in Unity, finally, so speculated about Comet.
5. Comet MUST be a Connor sequel due to the Kenway "saga", and for some reason, saga means more than 3 now.
6. Connor NEEDING closure, when he doesn't, as the purpose of the Animus is to relive memories that will help the modern day, not just to "play" as some old people.

I could go on.

Mr_Shade
what I usually see are people talking about Connor or a possible Connor sequel and people barging in with rude comments saying that it's unlikely when all they want to do is discuss possibilities.

Not to sound like a broken record:

I can see why some feel that as soon as Connor is posted in a thread - certain people turn up - and the thread loses any sense of discussion, any negative point about Connor is brushed aside and fairly logical reasons why he wouldn't appear, for example, are twisted to maintain the discussion in favour of Connor - I have seen it happen many times, however I can agree with some points raised here by both sides...

Yes - by all means discuss the hope that Connor may return - however that day might not be soon - so I can see why some people feel unable to post in any thread about Connor, due to the reception they get, should they not agree - which in turn - may lead to some provocation - much like the posting of memes do..

Lets try and keep the Connor discussion in the Connor topics - that way - people know what they are getting - and lets not hijack threads in the future..

Haters gonna hate - so people need to grow thicker skins..

This does not detract from personal insults or attacks - however - some seem to consider disagreeing, however rudely - as being either insults or personal attacks - they might not be - however that can provoke fighting..

So, lets agree to disagree - and keep to the thread topics - rather than trying to swamp unrelated threads etc.
;)

Do you wanna know what's weird? I don't dislike Connor nearly as much as his ****ing fanbase. Here is why its annoying.

1. A lot of threads having Connor mentioned having some sort of cameo etc in Unity/Rogue.
3. When it was confirmed Arno wasn't Connor, people were still convinced it was Connor.
4. People accepted that Connor wasn't in Unity, finally, so speculated about Comet.
5. Comet MUST be a Connor sequel due to the Kenway "saga", and for some reason, saga means more than 3 now.
6. Connor NEEDING closure, when he doesn't, as the purpose of the Animus is to relive memories that will help the modern day, not just to "play" as some old people.

I could go on.

I don't think you need to - since I'm sure everyone will agree - that they have seen at least a few of those things happen.. since I personally have..

so: TLDR - both sides have things that annoy the other - so either learn to agree to disagree - or - ignore.

Jexx21
Haha Jexx I kinda remembered you as some d*ck who was always trolling around here.
I am glad I am wrong, I love your contribution to this so far :)

I'm a jerk sometimes, I admit.

It's harder for me to be more... cordial? On the internet rather than in real life, partially because of the aspect of anonymity but also because I don't feel like I truly "know" people I talk with online.

GunnerGalactico
08-05-2014, 09:54 PM
Man, I guess making that Connor Discussion thread was a good call on my part. :rolleyes:

I suppose the speculation could be more focused in that thread. I posted in there recently hoping the conversation would move there.

And it certainly was. I like Connor too, but I don't want to bring him up in threads that are focused on ACU, Arno or Elise.

Megas_Doux
08-05-2014, 09:55 PM
one thing to remember:connor or any other character even ezio have never been the GOD of ac,there is no ultimate protag meaning that characters come and go to make room for new one's to explore.
l

Here is forums is quite the contrary, Ezio is worshipped in youtube and facebook, his fans there are much more vocal and they bash Connor and his game. Here Connor┤s fans have the chance to "retaliate".

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 09:56 PM

I could go on.

I'm going to respond to these from my perspective and what I have seen.

1. I never wanted Connor to be in Unity. I did suggest that Comet may be a Connor/Aveline game, but that is obviously not the case. I don't expect Connor to be in Rogue, nor do I want him to be.
2,3. This was illogical.
4. Makes sense to me
5. I've never seen this argument
6. I would only agree with this if it wasn't for pretty much every other Assassin other than Connor and Aveline having a full life story outline given to us.

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 09:57 PM
Yes, the best course of action is to try and keep talk of Connor to threads dedicated to him and his story.

But that isn't really the only issue that I've had in relation to your behaviors. Why the unnecessary resentment and antagonistic behavior to people such as Mayrice, and even myself, on certain levels? If you give us advice, respectfully, and not in a mocking way, we would be much more likely to not think badly of you.

Because you took over the BUWYWL with conversations that could be done in PM's! A lot of your posts were obviously for each other if not directly calling each other out.

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 09:58 PM
I'm going to respond to these from my perspective and what I have seen.

1. I never wanted Connor to be in Unity. I did suggest that Comet may be a Connor/Aveline game, but that is obviously not the case. I don't expect Connor to be in Rogue, nor do I want him to be.
2,3. This was illogical.
4. Makes sense to me
5. I've never seen this argument
6. I would only agree with this if it wasn't for pretty much every other Assassin other than Connor and Aveline having a full life story outline given to us.

Trust me, 5 comes up a lot.

Funny thing is, this is probably half the list of the things that have annoyed me about Connor posts in just 3 months.

marvelfannumber
08-05-2014, 10:00 PM
Because you took over the BUWYWL with conversations that could be done in PM's! A lot of your posts were obviously for each other if not directly calling each other out.

You mean like what you're doing.....right now?

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 10:02 PM

Yea, the Steam UbiForums group kinda helps with this because it lets us use the chat room.

And I'm not saying we don't have our issues with bringing up certain things, but...

The BUWYWL thread is basically the forum's chat box. It's called Bring up whatever you would like for a reason.

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 10:02 PM

Not really, I see other people talking about this too?

lothario-da-be
08-05-2014, 10:03 PM
Also a message to people who rather not have a Connor sequel. We as Connor fans realy haven't been satisfied with what we got from Ubi. AC3 already had 3 sequences with Haytham, and then it took another 2 sequences before Connor becomes an assassin if I remember correctly. They also said a Connor sequel would depend on the fan reaction, wich was fairly mixed.But after that they never were very clear on his future and instead they said that Tumblr is his future. Not exactly the treatment you want for your favourte character.

jellejackhammer
08-05-2014, 10:04 PM
Here is forums is quite the contrary, Ezio is worshipped in youtube and facebook, his fans there are much more vocal and they bash Connor and his game. Here Connor┤s fans have the chance to "retaliate".

and this the problem with fans,they and yes including me asswell can never be fully pleased and will see certain characters as better or even the best but that doesn't mean the others can't be good you know. yes connor was not as good as ezio but that does NOT make him a bad protag he has his own ways and personality that make that certain character stand out from others just like shay is a templar or altair who was our first protag they all have their own special something no need to bash people over it but just accept it

m4r-k7
Everyone has their own opinions and everyone should respect that, even if it does start annoying you. At the end of the day this is a forum talking about a game. Its not like we are talking about something that will directly impact our lives in a negative way. If people really want Connor to return, they should feel free to contribute to speculation. If you don't want him to return, thats fine but just stay out of the conversation. If not, add to it. This is a forum discussing our love of AC, something we all have in common, it shouldn't be a place for arguments.

JustPlainQuirky
A bit off-topic, but I'd like to clarify most if not all of my comments in the BUWYL thread are posted with the intention of letting anyone join in the conversation. I even have questions of the day to get to know multiple members.

Back on topic, I don't think the problem is an Ezio vs. Connor thing as much as it is a Connor speculation thing.

But solutions have already been suggested. Be nicer and try to stay on-topic. I'll continue to attempt to abide by that suggestion. Hopefully things change for the better naturally overtime.

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 10:05 PM
Also a message to people who rather not have a Connor sequel. We as Connor fans realy haven't been satisfied with what we got from Ubi. AC3 already had 3 sequences with Haytham, and then it took another 2 sequences before Connor becomes an assassin if I remember correctly. They also said a Connor sequel would depend on the fan reaction, wich was fairly mixed.But after that they never were very clear on his future and instead they said that Tumblr is his future. Not exactly the treatment you want for your favourte character.

not trying to annoy anyone with bringing up Noah Watts...

...but, Noah Watts is pretty sore about that as well.

Mr_Shade

Indeed.

If you guys are getting personal - and dragging the topic off, please take it to PM - and keep it civil.

Yea, the Steam UbiForums group kinda helps with this because it lets us use the chat room.

And I'm not saying we don't have our issues with bringing up certain things, but...

The BUWYWL thread is basically the forum's chat box. It's called Bring up whatever you would like for a reason.

Just so you are aware - that thread is a COMMUNITY off topic thread - for multiple users to use -not a chatbox for 3 or 4 members - which it did turn into at one point - we have the forum Groups - or PM's if a group want to chat.

This was suggested and ignored..

We also had messages from several members,which prompted those suggestions in that thread, since many felt [wrongly or rightly in your mind] the thread was being taken over and they didn't feel welcomed anymore..

We have since tried to prevent that from happening again..

Since I am talking to myself - I will call it a night - hopefully, you are all here tomorrow and no one is suspended… Any questions about the above - please PM me or another FM.

Have a nice night.

SpiritOfNevaeh
As Connor would say
" it is better to have faith in something then in nothing at all"
:p

Ah, ah, he said it, he said it :p

Exactly. I'm sure a lot of people would have a heart attack if Ezio was left to Tumblr.

And I'd still wish they would release the poll results they gave to fans to see what kind of reception Connor had..

Everyone has their own opinions and everyone should respect that, even if it does start annoying you. At the end of the day this is a forum talking about a game. Its not like we are talking about something that will directly impact our lives in a negative way. If people really want Connor to return, they should feel free to contribute to speculation. If you don't want him to return, thats fine but just stay out of the conversation. If not, add to it. This is a forum discussing our love of AC, something we all have in common, it shouldn't be a place for arguments.

I wish that could happen but I have seen some people turn in smart** and say "no, this is what a discussion is about, so I can say whatever I want, my voice should be heard too."

lothario-da-be
08-05-2014, 10:07 PM

Exactly. I'm sure a lot of people would have a heart attack if Ezio was left to Tumblr.

And I'd still wish they would release the polls for what kind of reception Connor had..
Ah yes the polls, kinda strange Connor won both polls here and on the AC wiki.

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 10:07 PM
I'm the culprit who kept bringing up noah for speculative purposes, but most of the time it was evidence as to why Connor wouldn't be getting a sequel soon

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 10:08 PM

Actually, I have to argue about this. Stories are things we get emotionally tied to, some more than others. For some people, the story of Connor (and I'm not saying it's his story only that did this, I'm just using it as an extremely relevant example), has inspired people to not commit suicide and to keep hope. For some people, these sorts of things can directly impact our lives in a negative/positive way. I'm not saying that's a fault of the writers, or the consumers, but rather that stories are very powerful things. Words in general are.

Megas_Doux

I could go on.

This should be engraved in stone for the ages......

pacmanate

And I'd still wish they would release the polls for what kind of reception Connor had..

Cause everyone that dislikes Connor LOVES Ezio.

SixKeys
Okay, we get WHY you're annoyed, Pac. But the goal here is to try to reinstate peace between forum members and it doesn't help if you just keep repeating how much Connor fans annoy you. It's just going to end in Connor fans getting peeved and retaliating by telling you what they hate about Ezio fans and off we go again.

Can't we all just attempt to come to some sort of agreement? Like, keep Connor's future speculation in its own thread unless you have legit-sounding proof that he might be appearing in his own game again. In return, non-Connor fans will not troll other members just to get a reaction.

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 10:09 PM
Okay, we get WHY you're annoyed, Pac. But the goal here is to try to reinstate peace between forum members and it doesn't help if you just keep repeating how much Connor fans annoy you. It's just going to end in Connor fans getting peeved and retaliating by telling you what they hate about Ezio fans and off we go again.

Can't we all just attempt to come to some sort of agreement? Like, keep Connor's future speculation in its own thread unless you have legit-sounding proof that he might be appearing in his own game again. In return, non-Connor fans will not troll other members just to get a reaction.

This. A thousand times this.

lothario-da-be
08-05-2014, 10:10 PM
not trying to annoy anyone with bringing up Noah Watts...

...but, Noah Watts is pretty sore about that as well.
Realy? What did he say then?
Apart from Loomers podcast I haven't heard anything about Noah's opinion on Connor and ac3.

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 10:10 PM
Is it just me or do I rarely see "Connor fans" talk about fans of other Assassins, at least, here on the forums.

In fact the "Connor fans" "group," is probably the only one that's really present on these forums.

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 10:11 PM

I am SO down for that, no dumb Arno is actually Connor crap and we are good.

SpiritOfNevaeh

Love the sarcasm.

Everyone should be open to other characters and not just Ezio stereotypes. But yet, I can't control anyone as they are entitled to their own opinions, but most of what i've heard, they hate him because of no personality and junk.

Agreed.

lothario-da-be
Exactly what I said in the OP. In this place you are on one side or the other. No other options.

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 10:12 PM
Is it just me or do I rarely see "Connor fans" talk about fans of other Assassins, at least, here on the forums.

In fact the "Connor fans" "group," is probably the only one that's really present on these forums.

Because they are the most vocal. And most of them crossed over from Tumblr during that evil time around Feb 2013.

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 10:13 PM
Exactly what I said in the OP. In this place you are on one side or the other. No other options.

I was being sarcastic. I don't love Ezio.

lothario-da-be
It seems my faith in humanity has been restored, this thread seems to go in the right direction. :)

Jexx21
*raises hand* that was my fault

but most of them didn't stay. the only one that did was adventure woman.

Megas_Doux
And they should be open to other characters and not just Ezio stereotypes. But yet, I can't control anyone as they are entitled to their own opinions, but most of what i've heard, they hate him because of no personality and junk.

Edward is different from Ezio, Haytham is different from Ezio and Edward, Adewale is different from Ezio, Edward and haytham!!!!!!! Arno and Shay are mysteries as of now.

Fatal-Feit
08-05-2014, 10:14 PM

That's AC on Youtube in a nutshell, actually.

marvelfannumber
08-05-2014, 10:14 PM
It seems my faith in humanity has been restored, this thread seems to go in the right direction. :)

Don't get your hopes up. :rolleyes:

GunnerGalactico
08-05-2014, 10:15 PM
I am SO down for that, no dumb Arno is actually Connor crap and we are good.

I believe that rumour was already put to rest.

lothario-da-be
08-05-2014, 10:15 PM
I was being sarcastic. I don't love Ezio.
yeah I know, me too.

marvelfannumber
08-05-2014, 10:16 PM
I believe that rumour was already put to rest.

Indeed, I mean it's fun to bring up the old hillarious hacked trailers every once in a while, but it's getting kind of old. Nobody's used that argument since before E3.

lothario-da-be
08-05-2014, 10:17 PM

Wasn't the situation before ac3 on the forum the same as now? Altair fans VS Ezio fans? I only started visiting the forumes before revelations launched, but that is how I remember it here when I joined.

GunnerGalactico
Indeed, I mean it's fun to bring up the old hillarious hacked trailers every once in a while, but it's getting kind of old. Nobody's used that argument since before E3.

Lol... hacked trailers... srsly :p

Deezl-V
Amen

Hey OP, you know you're shoelace is untied.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/346259/army-of-darkness-shoe-untied-o.gif

SixKeys
The entire point of this thread is to stop pointlessly bashing each other's favorites, thereby deliberately annoying other members. So can we please not get into the whole "Arno is just another Ezio clone" or "Connor is so dull" or "everyone who likes characters X, Y or Z only likes them for dumb reasons" arguments? That's exactly what we're all sick of and what we should be trying to avoid.

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 10:18 PM
Altair vs Ezio fans was a thing?

I almost never hear of Altair. Or Edward for that matter. Just Ezio and Connor. lol

@sixkeys

I have compared Arno to Ezio, but mainly only his hair. And if I made a clone remark, it was a joke. But I see where you're coming from.

If anything Arno reminds me more of Haytham, but I'm confident he will turn into something of his own. Same with Shay.

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 10:20 PM
The entire point of this thread is to stop pointlessly bashing each other's favorites, thereby deliberately annoying other members. So can we please not get into the whole "Arno is just another Ezio clone" or "Connor is so dull" or "everyone who likes characters X, Y or Z only likes them for dumb reasons" arguments? That's exactly what we're all sick of and what we should be trying to avoid.

I agree.

Would also prefer less insults and mocking of other members in general.

I already feel a lot better because of this topic, it's been very cathartic. Thank you lothario, you at least helped me feel better, if nothing else. :)

lothario-da-be
08-05-2014, 10:21 PM

I almost never hear of Altair. Or Edward for that matter. Just Ezio and Connor. lol
Yeah that was the thing to do some years ago here lol. They cycle just keeps repeating itself but with new characters. :p

SixKeys
08-05-2014, 10:21 PM

Honestly, I don't think it was. Unless it was around the time when AC2 came out, when I wasn't here. When I joined in 2010, I don't remember character wars, at least not nearly as heated as the Connor vs. Ezio ones. More the fun type, like "who would win in a battle? Alta´r because he's so boss, Ezio because he has cooler weapons" type thing.

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 10:22 PM
I see.

It's only a matter of time when Shay vs. Arno happens. :rolleyes:

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 10:22 PM
Honestly, I don't think it was. Unless it was around the time when AC2 came out, when I wasn't here. When I joined in 2010, I don't remember character wars, at least not nearly as heated as the Connor vs. Ezio ones. More the fun type, like "who would win in a battle? Alta´r because he's so boss, Ezio because he has cooler weapons" type thing.

I dont remember Altair Vs Ezio either.

lothario-da-be
08-05-2014, 10:23 PM
I agree.

Would also prefer less insults and mocking of other members in general.

I already feel a lot better because of this topic, it's been very cathartic. Thank you lothario, you at least helped me feel better, if nothing else. :)
Haha thank you, I feel already better too, this thread turned out better then expected. I hope we can pull this of in the whole forum.

marvelfannumber
08-05-2014, 10:24 PM

If anything Arno reminds me more of Haytham, but I'm confident he will turn into something of his own. Same with Shay.

Speaking of, I've barely heard people talk about Haytham either, aside from......colorful fan art. Find it pretty odd since I was pretty sure he was a fan favorite around here too.

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 10:25 PM
Speaking of, I've barely heard people talk about Haytham either, aside from......colorful fan art. Find it pretty odd since I was pretty sure he was a fan favorite around here too.

I like Haytham

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 10:25 PM
@marvel

Haytham isn't really a MAIN character. I mean he is, but he's not like the main assassins.

And I talk about him a lot.

Aveline and Adewale need more love.

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 10:26 PM
I always disliked the "who would win in a fight" things. That can start serious fan wars in other fandoms as well.

I don't really feel like it's really Connor vs Ezio here as well, more... people who like Connor vs people who dislike Connor.

I do think that there is a thing where some Connor fans have a thing against Ezio, but that's going to happen because Ezio is the most popular and Connor is the least popular (most hated), at least if you don't count Aveline or the comic book Assassins. So thus if they think a character is more like Ezio, they think that it's because they're trying to pander to the popular opinion rather than creating a new and unique character.

Not that I don't love Edward or what we've seen of Arno, I do, and I think that they'll be their own characters who are not Ezio.

SixKeys

Maybe it's because Haytham seems to be almost universally loved, whether you're a Connor fan or not. The only criticism directed at him is usually that he takes up too much of Connor's screentime, but otherwise everyone seems to like him.

marvelfannumber
@marvel

Haytham isn't really a MAIN character.

Yeah, Adewale is awesome because he is the only assassin with realistic hair. If you're gonna be fighting with swords and jumping across buildings you have that stuff shaved! None of that ridiculous long hair every assassin (except Altair?) has.

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 10:27 PM
Maybe it's because Haytham seems to be almost universally loved, whether you're a Connor fan or not. The only criticism directed at him is usually that he takes up too much of Connor's screentime, but otherwise everyone seems to like him.

lol. Replace Godzio with Godtham :rolleyes:

@marvel

I loved the music in this game.

AAAAND I'm going too off-topic

back to on-topic....

well... on-topic sounds settled already...

I guess I'll bounce.

lothario-da-be
08-05-2014, 10:27 PM
Altair VS Ezio realy wasn't something common? Maybe not in the same way as Connor now, but I do remeber a lot of fans being dissapointed with Ezio after the well writen complicated character Altair.

I-Like-Pie45
08-05-2014, 10:28 PM
@marvel

Haytham isn't really a MAIN character. I mean he is, but he's not like the main assassins.

They do not.

marvelfannumber
Altair VS Ezio realy wasn't something common? Maybe not in the same way as Connor now, but I do remeber a lot of fans being dissapointed with Ezio after the well writen complicated character Altair.

Altair was well written? AC1 was well written?

pacmanate

Don't think so, Ezio must have been doing something right to warrant him getting 3 console games

lothario-da-be
08-05-2014, 10:30 PM
Sarcasm people, whenever we are putting characters against each other it should be with sarcasm.

marvelfannumber
08-05-2014, 10:30 PM
Don't think so, Ezio must have been doing something right to warrant him getting 3 console games

Like Ubi forcing Patrice to make an expansion into a full game to fill the gap, or Ubi forcing some devs to make their 3DS game into a console game because AC3 was taking too long?

I love Ezio, but I think it was just plain luck he got 3 full games when the original plan was to have a new protagonist in every game.

GunnerGalactico
08-05-2014, 10:31 PM

Maybe not here on the forums. I remember 5 years ago when AC2 was released in my country, there was a fun debate about Altair VS Ezio. There was a running joke that Ezio would easily defeat Altair because he still had all of his fingers intact. :p

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 10:33 PM
ACB was for beta testing the MP.

ACR was for more beta testing the MP.

lothario-da-be
08-05-2014, 10:33 PM
Like Ubi forcing Patrice to make an expansion into a full game to fill the gap, or Ubi forcing some devs to make their 3DS game into a console game because AC3 was taking too long?

I love Ezio, but I think it was just plain luck he got 3 full games when the original plan was to have a new protagonist in every game.
Maybe it was luck, but most of the ac fans were realy happy with 3 Ezio games. Me included.

lothario-da-be
08-05-2014, 10:34 PM
ACB was for beta testing the MP.

ACR was for more beta testing the MP.
AC1 was a demo for AC2? :p

marvelfannumber
08-05-2014, 10:37 PM
Maybe it was luck, but most of the ac fans were realy happy with 3 Ezio games. Me included.

That's what I am saying. AC 2 is my favorite in the entire series honestly, but when studying the development time and history of the Ezio trilogy it seems quite evident that Ubi were just lucky Ezio was such a loved character in the long term.

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 10:38 PM

I dont think it was luck at all. Reception for AC2 was way better than reception for AC1. Repetitiveness was gone, more vibrant cities, contracts etc etc.

marvelfannumber
08-05-2014, 10:40 PM
I dont think it was luck at all. Reception for AC2 was way better than reception for AC1. Repetitiveness was gone, more vibrant cities, contracts etc etc.

Which is why Patrice went on to produce AC3, but first he had to do a little expansion with Rome. Then Ubi intervened and we all know how it went from there. ACB and AC Rev. were never part of Patrice's original plan for the series, I think we can all admit that despite how much we love/hate them.

lothario-da-be
08-05-2014, 10:40 PM
But the gameplay doesn't realy have much to do with the protagonist though. And I also think they started develloping acb when ac2 was finsihed I don't think they realy waited for the reaction. They kinda knew everyone was going to love ac2 I think.

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 10:43 PM
But the gameplay doesn't realy have much to do with the protagonist though. And I also think they started develloping acb when ac2 was finsihed I don't think they realy waited for the reaction. They kinda knew everyone was going to love ac2 I think.

i know, but it can have an influence.

lothario-da-be
08-05-2014, 10:45 PM
Its the same like ac3 and ac4, they knew naval was going to be popular, they didn't wait for reaction.

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 10:46 PM
Its the same like ac3 and ac4, they knew naval was going to be popular, they didn't wait for reaction.

I think Naval was more of a "This took years to make, we aren't just going to use it for one game." Same for the tree running mechanic.

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 10:47 PM
I hope Rogue has tree running. Less of it is okay, but I still want some.

Naval is great though. It could be used in a Mediterranean Sea game.

m4r-k7
08-05-2014, 10:51 PM
Ubisoft should just make a pirate series

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 10:54 PM

That would get stale very quickly.

IMO AC4 was as naval as you can get. They've only added 2 mechanics to Rogue's naval, some oil weapon and a machine gun weapon. The other is your ship can be boarded.

There is a limit to what they can add to the Naval mechanic, and I think they have reached it. Other than new weapons there is nothing they can add now.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-05-2014, 10:56 PM

I have a feeling they might planning one considering they sent out a poll asking fans if they wanted a pirate series anyway.

marvelfannumber
08-05-2014, 10:57 PM
Other than new weapons there is nothing they can add now.

Well there is MULTIPLAYER both local and online may you kindly! Once we get that i'll agree.

Oh yes and peglegs, getting to select different types of ships, a parrot and an eyepatch!

m4r-k7
08-05-2014, 10:58 PM
That would get stale very quickly.

IMO AC4 was as naval as you can get. They've only added 2 mechanics to Rogue's naval, some oil weapon and a machine gun weapon. The other is your ship can be boarded.

There is a limit to what they can add to the Naval mechanic, and I think they have reached it. Other than new weapons there is nothing they can add now.

If it was purely a pirate game it would be distinctively different. It would have naval mechanics yes, but the story along with the influence would be directed by the fantasy of pirates, not by the story of the assassins. There is much they could do with a pirate game, especially with the story.

SixKeys
08-05-2014, 11:24 PM
Maybe it's a good thing Rogue* is getting a limited release. I'm seeing lots of comments both on and off the forums where people are saying that although they loved naval in AC4, they're not terribly enthused for another naval game in the series. There's only so much they can add to it to make it different from AC4, especially if there are no multiplayer ship battles. Don't know if it was a deliberate decision from the start to make it only for last-gen consoles, but I think it may have been a good business decision anyway. I don't see Rogue being quite as popular with fans as AC4, as I think people are a bit burnt out with naval already.

* I almost typed Comet, I'm so used to it.

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 11:27 PM
Glad I'm not the only one having to delete the word Comet and replace it with Rogue.

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 11:34 PM
Glad I'm not the only one having to delete the word Comet and replace it with Rogue.

^ Also doing this.

So, Rogue doesn't have ANY MP at all? Its not advertised anywhere...

SixKeys
08-05-2014, 11:35 PM
I'm gonna miss Comet. :( We hardly knew ye.

Sesheenku
08-05-2014, 11:36 PM
Amen

You actually pay attention to people whose arguments consist of logical fallacies? I usually just laugh my *** off.

If anything these people need to learn about what makes a valid argument in a debate and the difference between that and the dribble that they choose to allow drop from between their lips.

Not naming anyone specific but just saying.

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 12:22 AM
Yeah kind of sad the Comet conspiracy never reached a satisfying conclusion :(

It will forever go down in history as the best conspiracy.

marvelfannumber
08-06-2014, 12:25 AM
"It will forever remain Comet....in our hearts"

-Joseph Stalin

"The funny thing about the internet is that you can quote someone and never prove the authenticity"

-George Washington

Fatal-Feit
08-06-2014, 01:40 AM
It will forever go down in history as the best conspiracy.

I disagree. It didn't drop as much hype as the Great Fall!

*BA DUM TSS*

*walks out of the thread with head down*

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 01:43 AM
Nah, Comet lasted much longer than great fall. And it had much more articles based off it.

pacmanate
08-06-2014, 01:50 AM
I'm confused about the leak.

The guy that leaked it got Unity right... and the synopsis for Comet/Rogue was right...

And if Comet was never a thing then where did that name come from?!

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 01:51 AM
I think it was originally codenamed comet but Ubi changed it.

Xstantin
08-06-2014, 01:51 AM
Someone on Neogaf said it's some dev jargon for a side game, dunno.

pacmanate
08-06-2014, 01:52 AM
I think it was originally codenamed comet but Ubi changed it.

But Shade said it was never called Comet?

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 01:53 AM
he said "comet = not a thing."

when I asked if it was "ever" a thing, he didn't reply.

pacmanate
08-06-2014, 01:56 AM
he said "comet = not a thing."

when I asked if it was "ever" a thing, he didn't reply.

I think it went like this.

Ubi - "Make a fkin AC game for last gen"
Devteam - "But, but we only have 2 months, what do we call it, what do we make?!"
Ubi - "fk nose. Guess you will have to comit otherwise ur fried egg"
Devteam - *Sparkle sparkle in brain* "omg, we should call it comet cause we have to comit."

The end

Fatal-Feit
08-06-2014, 02:02 AM
I think it went like this.

Ubi - "Make a fkin AC game for last gen"
Devteam - "But, but we only have 2 months, what do we call it, what do we make?!"
Ubi - "fk nose. Guess you will have to comit otherwise ur fried egg"
Devteam - *Sparkle sparkle in brain* "omg, we should call it comet cause we have to comit."

The end

I still think Comet was better than Rogue.

Black Flag... Rogue... Christ. =/

Might as well call it Red Cross.

pacmanate
08-06-2014, 02:04 AM
I still think Comet was better than Rogue.

Black Flag... Rogue... Christ. =/

Might as well call it Red Cross.

At least Black Flag wasn't called AC: Pirates (OH WAIT LOL iOS GAME) or AC: Ships.

And at least AC Rogue wasn't called AC Templar

Fatal-Feit
08-06-2014, 02:05 AM
inb4iOSgamecalledACTemplar

pacmanate
08-06-2014, 02:09 AM
inb4iOSgamecalledACTemplar

http://media2.onsugar.com/files/2013/09/09/869/n/1922398/0b512b37bd0d86fb_Miley7.gif

rprkjj
08-06-2014, 03:00 AM
Am I the only one around here that thinks Rogue is a cool name? 10x better than Comet at least.

Jexx21
08-06-2014, 03:09 AM
At least Black Flag wasn't called AC: Pirates (OH WAIT LOL iOS GAME) or AC: Ships.

And at least AC Rogue wasn't called AC Templar

hey that's what I'm calling Rogue :P

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 03:37 AM
Nah I like Comet moar.

Xstantin
08-06-2014, 03:43 AM
Comet was a confusing title.

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 04:19 AM
Read some Rogue Comments on IGN.

One of the highest voted ones was "do we get to kill Connor?"

I laughed, but felt bad at the same time.

Posted here because flame-relevant

Namikaze_17
08-06-2014, 05:15 AM
I will admit that during my brief time on the Forums.....I've seen various flamewars. Some minor, Some Major......but somehow I seen BOTH Connor Fans and/or Ezio get into heated arguements that I think both are wrong, and to blame. Even now, I've been apart of some as well, but they don't go without reason.

For the most part, Fans should just be more tolerant and accepting of other people's opinion. "Men should do as they believe. It is NOT our RIGHT to PUNISH OTHERS for thinking what they do, NO MATTER how much we DISAGREE."

And I find it funny that most to all arguments are always centered around Ezio or Connor. It seems Altair and Edward just get medium love/hate from the Community which is odd.

Acrimonious_Nin
08-06-2014, 05:21 AM
I must say, the new name is really, really cool. I think if this is what "comet" was renamed to then, it was for the better lol. ^__^

P.S Altair is a god among assassins. Thus no one touches on the topic of the master, the legend, the strangely too cold to be human assassin known as Altair ibn La'ahad ;)

Sesheenku
08-06-2014, 05:24 AM
Read some Rogue Comments on IGN.

One of the highest voted ones was "do we get to kill Connor?"

I laughed, but felt bad at the same time.

Posted here because flame-relevant

That's some good high quality bait.

Fatal-Feit
08-06-2014, 05:24 AM
I will admit that during my brief time on the Forums.....I've seen various flamewars. Some minor, Some Major......but somehow I seen BOTH Connor Fans and/or Ezio get into heated arguements that I think both are wrong, and to blame. Even now, I've been apart of some as well, but they don't go without reason.

For the most part, Fans should just be more tolerant and accepting of other people's opinion. "Men should do as they believe. It is NOT our RIGHT to PUNISH OTHERS for thinking what they do, NO MATTER how much we DISAGREE."

And I find it funny that most to all arguments are always centered around Ezio or Connor. It seems Altair and Edward just get medium love/hate from the Community which is odd.

Altair gets the least mentioning or not at all, and Edward gets ''he's not even an Assassin''.

I-Like-Pie45
08-06-2014, 05:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n23oUlN9PdU

Namikaze_17
08-06-2014, 05:39 AM
Altair gets the least mentioning or not at all, and Edward gets ''he's not even an Assassin''.

I'm starting to feel sad for Altair...it seems like every game he becomes less important each game and he started the whole thing. He's my fav Character and that's just tragic. And Edward? I like him personally....not my favorite, but not the worst either.....All that "he was only a pirate" bull is irreverent.