PDA

View Full Version : Official Shay Cormac Welcoming Thread

Pages : [1] 2

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 05:22 PM
Made with permission from Loco.

Let's welcome to the Assassin- or rather, Templar- family, Shay Cormac!

http://images.gamersyde.com/image_assassin_s_creed_rogue-25843-3042_0001.jpg

*claps*

Let's hope both he and Arno Dorian bring honor to their respective factions. :o

adventurewomen
08-05-2014, 05:24 PM
I'm so lost, who is this guy? LOL

(I've not been following AC news recently)

CORMAC? Lol what a last name..

Locopells
08-05-2014, 05:25 PM
Have to say, I'm lovin' the design.

marvelfannumber
Oh man I love that his outfit is black and red, that's always been my preferred color scheme whenever I play AC.

Tenvern
Shay's longsword looks so damn cool.

Welcome Shay, excited to hear your story.

JustPlainQuirky
@adventure

new templar protagonist for last gen game called AC Rogue

check out the trailer on youtube

Namikaze_17
08-05-2014, 05:26 PM
Jesus Christ! How many Rogue threads are there!? It's confusing me.

Mr_Shade
08-05-2014, 05:27 PM
I'm so lost, who is this guy? LOL

(I've not been following AC news recently)

CORMAC? Lol what a last name..Pinned thread - Assassin's Creed Rogue' - all current info - and trailer ;)

Codarsnacht
08-05-2014, 05:27 PM
Really love his design too.

Xstantin
08-05-2014, 05:30 PM
Isn't it the Templar armor from Black Flag?

Locopells
08-05-2014, 05:32 PM
Isn't it the Templar armor from Black Flag?

Oh, so that's what happens to him... :p

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 05:32 PM
The armors are strikingly similar, but not exactly the same.

Kaschra
08-05-2014, 05:36 PM
Welcome to the family, Shay xD

I really like his design and his voice. And I'm super happy to play a full Templar game!

Xstantin
http://i.imgur.com/895cG32.png

Edward concept

Sushiglutton
Welcome Shay, may Ubi release you from your low-res shackles before long!

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-05-2014, 05:37 PM

Edward concept

Mind = Blown!!

Welcome Shay, may you meet Haytham and have him cut you down :p

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 05:41 PM

Edward concept
not really edward anymore

Namikaze_17
08-05-2014, 05:44 PM
Welcome, Shay.

MAY THE FATHER OF UNDERSTANDING GUIDE YOU....

Reptilis91
08-05-2014, 05:48 PM
Unfortunately I think he's too shy to say hello to PC gamers.

Xstantin
08-05-2014, 05:50 PM
Unfortunately I think he's too shy to say hello to PC gamers.

Shy Shay

phoenix-force411
08-05-2014, 05:51 PM
I hope the game doesn't utilize ACIII & ACIV parkour mechanics. I like Unity's parkour controls and would rather use those since I don't this game to be as frustrating as ACIV was.

Reptilis91
08-05-2014, 05:52 PM
Shy Shay

Say shy Shay.

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 05:54 PM
I hope the game doesn't utilize ACIII & ACIV parkour mechanics. I like Unity's parkour controls and would rather use those since I don't this game to be as frustrating as ACIV was.

It'll probably use the AC3/AC4 parkour. They weren't bad mechanics by any means though.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-05-2014, 05:59 PM

They might reuse it since it's technically from a previous time period with it. And I thought the parkour mechanics were cool, not perfect, but not bad either.

SHADOWGARVIN
08-05-2014, 06:05 PM
Great picture! The outfit is amazing!

poptartz20
08-05-2014, 06:08 PM
Wow! It's funny how he looks different yet so alike yet I'm still excited either way. . maybe because he's a templar. I hope we get to play his as an assassin and see the change he goes through etc.

Xangr8
08-05-2014, 06:14 PM
He looks just so freaking badass...and Irish x3

Matknapers18
08-05-2014, 06:20 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/2gukv12.jpg ummmm...

RagingDragon14
08-05-2014, 06:21 PM
What is that first picture from?

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 06:21 PM
Oh god......Shay seems to die a tragic death in chains. O-O

i like how connected the recent games have been.

Fatal-Feit
08-05-2014, 06:22 PM
Similar, but different/altered robe. Rogue takes place after Black Flag, so.

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 06:23 PM
Oh what am I thinking? I'm stupid.

wvstolzing
08-05-2014, 07:57 PM

You haven't *played* Unity yet, though.

and AC3&4 parkour is intended fully for controllers; and there I think it works pretty well. The problem is that it's impossibly unwieldy on mouse+keyboard.

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 08:06 PM
You haven't *played* Unity yet, though.

and AC3&4 parkour is intended fully for controllers; and there I think it works pretty well. The problem is that it's impossibly unwieldy on mouse+keyboard.
as someone who played with both: nah it's absolutely fine on both systems.

m4r-k7
08-05-2014, 08:08 PM
AC Rogue will use the last-gen engine in terms of combat and parkour I reckon.

From the websites intro

"18th century, North America. Amidst the chaos and violence of the French and Indian War, Shay Patrick Cormac, a fearless young member of the Brotherhood of Assassins, undergoes a dark transformation that will forever shape the future of the American colonies. After a dangerous mission gone tragically wrong, Shay turns his back on the Assassins who, in response, attempt to end his life. Cast aside by those he once called brothers, Shay sets out on a mission to wipe out all who turned against him and ultimately become the most feared Assassin hunter in history.

Introducing Assassin’s Creed® Rogue, the darkest chapter in the Assassin’s Creed franchise yet. As Shay, you will experience the slow transformation from Assassin to Assassin Hunter. Follow your own creed and set off on an extraordinary journey through New York City, the wild river valley, and far away to the icy cold waters of the North Atlantic in pursuit of your ultimate goal - bringing down the Assassins for good."

Holy crap that sounds dark lol

And it looks like they are going to be using the dual wield combat perhaps that was seen in AC 3 with the knife and sword

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-GB/game/assassins-creed/ac/acrogue-gi-01_161299.jpg

Looks like there will be less stealth maybe and there will be lots of gun play :( UBISOFT WHY GUNS

From their website

"Equip Shay’s deadly air rifle for both short and long range combat. Distract, eliminate, or confuse your enemies by using a variety of ammunition, including specialized bullets and grenades"

wvstolzing
08-05-2014, 08:19 PM

I too have played with both; as an old time PC user I don't even like controllers; but for AC3, mouse+keyboard was *way* too clunky.

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 08:22 PM
I liked it fine, so I dunno :/

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 08:24 PM
His middle name is patrick.

What a scrub.

Regardless, Can't wait to rek dem bloody assassins wid mah bear fists

wvstolzing
08-05-2014, 08:27 PM
Regardless, Can't wait to rek dem bloody assassins wid mah bear fists

They'd better chek demselfs b4 u rek demselfs.

Fatal-Feit
08-05-2014, 08:28 PM

I enjoyed AC:3 and IV's parkour more as well, but I thought it was pretty hard on M&K, mainly because you can't tilt and control the speed. Either way, I still preferred it over the old one.

reddragonhrcro
08-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Well the pre-order bonus shows also a Longsword with a Shortsword/Dagger so pretty much guess he will use those 2 in combination like Edward did 2 swords.

LoyalACFan
08-05-2014, 08:43 PM
Well the pre-order bonus shows also a Longsword with a Shortsword/Dagger so pretty much guess he will use those 2 in combination like Edward did 2 swords.

Yeah, I'm expecting almost entirely recycled animations.

TheHumanTowel
08-05-2014, 09:09 PM
After they did a good job getting a Welsh actor to play Edward I'm disappointed Shay has that hollywood irish accent. Though apparently Anne Bonny's actress is from Cork and Ubi still made her sound like she was a yank doing a bad impression so I guess there's no hope either way.

DaZex
08-05-2014, 09:11 PM
I really don't understand why the Box Cover has him wearing a hood and there's even that image from the first page, and yet he doesn't have the hood in any screenshots, moreover if you go to http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/games/assassins-creed-rogue.aspx you can see that it's not like in black flag where he has times where he take the hood off, it isn't there. I just find it confusing, because I loved that outfit with the hood, I thought the hood made sense in the trailer when he takes it of as a symbolic gesture of leaving the assassins, but it keeps popping up in promotional stuff.

LoyalACFan
08-05-2014, 09:14 PM
I really don't understand why the Box Cover has him wearing a hood and there's even that image from the first page, and yet he doesn't have the hood in any screenshots, moreover if you go to http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/games/assassins-creed-rogue.aspx you can see that it's not like in black flag where he has times where he take the hood off, it isn't there. I just find it confusing, because I loved that outfit with the hood, I thought the hood made sense in the trailer when he takes it of as a symbolic gesture of leaving the assassins, but it keeps popping up in promotional stuff.

They probably kept the hood in promotional art because it's instantly recognizable as Assassin's Creed. At first glance, nobody's going to see hoodless Shay and think "hey, new AC game!"

Fatal-Feit
08-05-2014, 09:25 PM
I wonder what his pre-Templar robe looked like when he was with the Assassins.

rickprog
08-05-2014, 10:05 PM
Shay is wearing the Templar Armor without a doubt. It might not be the same as the exact same one as in Great Inagua (since it was on a corpse and this game takes place after ACBF, unless he somehow took it from Edward), but I'm pretty sure it could be the standard attire for Templars that function in the same role as he does, so there could be dozens or even hundreds of armors with that very same design.

Anyways, Shay might be what I'm most excited about from AC:Ro. That image on the OP is amazing, and his longsword looks great. Could it be he has the same hidden blade as Connor and the animations were reused, instead of having a random knife aside?

I have a small glimpse of hope the stealth, combat and parkour mechanics for Unity will be present in Rogue, although there was no mention of it. I don't see any reason they couldn't use those. But they might not with the premise those could only be done on current gen. Oh well...

m4r-k7
08-05-2014, 10:07 PM
His sword looks like a medieval knight sword. One that could have been in AC 1. That's pretty cool.

Toa TAK
08-05-2014, 10:11 PM
Dude has a fantastic design. Can't wait to see his story this fall.

reddragonhrcro
08-05-2014, 10:16 PM
Shay is wearing the Templar Armor without a doubt. It might not be the same as the exact same one as in Great Inagua (since it was on a corpse and this game takes place after ACBF, unless he somehow took it from Edward), but I'm pretty sure it could be the standard attire for Templars that function in the same role as he does, so there could be dozens or even hundreds of armors with that very same design.

Anyways, Shay might be what I'm most excited about from AC:Ro. That image on the OP is amazing, and his longsword looks great. Could it be he has the same hidden blade as Connor and the animations were reused, instead of having a random knife aside?

I have a small glimpse of hope the stealth, combat and parkour mechanics for Unity will be present in Rogue, although there was no mention of it. I don't see any reason they couldn't use those. But they might not with the premise those could only be done on current gen. Oh well...

It could be that he took it after things went wrong or somewhere down the path while he was hunting assassin's and reclaimed the Great Inagua if Edward left it there.

Sword does look like a Medival Templar Knight Sword.

wvstolzing
08-05-2014, 10:20 PM

Not that I have technical knowledge in this matter, but one excuse might be the difference in game engines. Though I guess all AC titles are using 'differently customized' versions of the Unreal engine.

But they did say that new parkour mechanics work only because they've tweaked how the 3d 'grid' for surfaces work; so the differences in question are likely very substantial.

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 10:41 PM
So how long until ShayXHaytham becomes a thing? :rolleyes:

Xstantin
08-06-2014, 01:17 AM
So how long until ShayXHaytham becomes a thing? :rolleyes:

For Tumblr, maybe. Otherwise, I doubt it.

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 01:20 AM
Don't worry. I'll be sure to bring it here. :rolleyes:

masterfenix2009
08-06-2014, 02:15 AM
Hmm...so I wonder what turned him away from the assassin cause? Do you think the game takes place after he goes Templar or will we see his transformation?

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 02:16 AM
We will see his transformation.

I-Like-Pie45
08-06-2014, 02:23 AM
Hmm...so I wonder what turned him away from the assassin cause? Do you think the game takes place after he goes Templar or will we see his transformation?

One day Shay had a big bucket of delicious fried chicken that he was eating but Edward snuck onto his ship and ate all the skins leaving just the chicken parts. Then Edward pinned the blame on Adewale and his ship whom Shay promptly murdered out of rage while Edward escaped

Now branded a traitor and unable to explain his mishap, Shay turns to the only people who can protect him from the Assassins

I bet you Shay never would've turned turncoat if he had been eating pork buns instead on that day!

pacmanate
08-06-2014, 02:29 AM

I think we will see it. I hope it starts with his betrayal rather than it happening halfway through though.

LoyalACFan
08-06-2014, 02:36 AM
I think we will see it. I hope it starts with his betrayal rather than it happening halfway through though.

On the contrary, I think I'd be okay with it happening halfway through. Usually I hate when they drag out the opening too long, but this would be different seeing as we'd be playing as the same character the whole time and we could legitimately see both sides rather than having him betray the Assassins right off the bat with not much justification shown.

pacmanate
08-06-2014, 02:54 AM
On the contrary, I think I'd be okay with it happening halfway through. Usually I hate when they drag out the opening too long, but this would be different seeing as we'd be playing as the same character the whole time and we could legitimately see both sides rather than having him betray the Assassins right off the bat with not much justification shown.

What I mean by the start is about how much Haytham took up in AC3. So about 3 sequences worth.

rprkjj
08-06-2014, 03:11 AM
He looks a bit too much like Haytham imo. Not crazy about the outfit too, too bulky, but that may just be the me that's warmed put to Arno's outfit talking. I also don't really have an idea of what his personalities gonna be like. He's a sailor, so probably grizzled, but other than being vengeful and driven it's hard to say. It'll be interesting to have a character that's hate-driven..

masterfenix2009
08-06-2014, 03:13 AM
I just hope it's a really good reason for him to join the Templar cause. Not that the Assassin's were just jerks at the time. Events should happen that should lead to him seeing from a different perspective.

mhg87
08-06-2014, 03:43 AM
Maybe he got the Templar armor after taking it off Edward's cold dead corpse?

Xstantin
08-06-2014, 03:45 AM
He looks a bit too much like Haytham imo. Not crazy about the outfit too, too bulky, but that may just be the me that's warmed put to Arno's outfit talking.

Same here actually :).

Fatal-Feit
08-06-2014, 03:49 AM
Maybe he got the Templar armor after taking it off Edward's cold dead corpse?

Edward was in a bath robe when he died, IIRC.

Jexx21
08-06-2014, 03:51 AM
Maybe the Templars took the Templar armor back from Edward when they took out his house in London? At least, that's if Edward took the Templar armor with him.

Xstantin
08-06-2014, 03:52 AM
I think it was suggested in one of the treads today, maybe the armor is not unique and the Templars had several of those made.

rickprog
08-06-2014, 04:10 AM
That's what I said, yeah. It makes sense. I would guess there's roles within the Templar order and the hunters (or something similar) wear that attire, maybe with some slight differences.

It does sound like Assassins were jerks this time around. I mean, apparently a mission turned out very wrong, perhaps with lots of casualties, and that's something that can change anyone's point of view on things. Now, Shay wanted to quit the brotherhood, and they tried to kill him. Sounds fair enough to me for him to go out and want to kill all of them.

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 04:30 AM
http://i.imgur.com/uQoQWuh.png

In-game Shay looks odd but nicer than CGI Shay IMO.

Can't wait to see him and Haytham make ou- I mean make for a good team.

Ureh
08-06-2014, 04:40 AM
http://i.imgur.com/uQoQWuh.png

In-game Shay looks odd but nicer than CGI Shay IMO.

Can't wait to see him and Haytham make ou- I mean make for a good team.

Kinda reminds me of Ben Hornigold
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131002215629/assassinscreed/images/archive/b/b3/20131003225537!Benjamin_Hornigold.png

Fatal-Feit
08-06-2014, 05:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bko2cLgI9M

I don't know if I'm late but Mayrice skip to 1:57!

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 05:36 AM
I saw. I know. I'm pretty much Lorde level of fame now. :cool:

Jk ofc, I'm very honored :o

itsamea-mario
08-06-2014, 05:46 AM
Shay Patrick Cormac, may as well have called him Paddy McPotato O'Shamrock.

Jexx21
08-06-2014, 05:49 AM
Shay means Hawk, Patrick means Nobleman, Cormac means Son of Corruption.

He is a Noble Hawk, a Son of Corruption.

Fatal-Feit
08-06-2014, 05:56 AM
That fits almost too well.

LoyalACFan
08-06-2014, 06:06 AM
If that is Shay we all know that he was enemies of Templars and Assassins both....in trailer he says "I follow my own Creed" thats the key line right there....he is possibly a new breed of Killers sort of.....who is not an assassin or templar.....so yeah maybe templars at the end killed him who knows.....makes me even more excited....Killing Templars and Assassins..pfff IM SOLD...

No, he's definitely a Templar.

LoyalACFan
08-06-2014, 06:15 AM
Check my post its edited and check the pic...it says all brah...

Rogue takes place over thirty years after Black Flag ended, so Shay isn't the skeleton in chains with the Templar armor, if that's what you're saying. It could be the same armor I guess, but Edward retrieved it from his hideout long before Shay could have gotten his hands on it.

ACZanius
08-06-2014, 06:15 AM
I have accidently deleted my post damn....anyway thatss key word when he says "I follow my own creed" could be something man..yeah he is a "templar" or perhaps templars are just his means to an end....i am strongly convinced he will despise both sides somewhow..

Heh ye i know...figured that out seconds later i wrote it lol..forgive my fast ignorance...btw read my upper post what do you think?

LoyalACFan
08-06-2014, 06:24 AM
Heh ye i know...figured that out seconds later i wrote it lol..forgive my fast ignorance...btw read my upper post what do you think?

It's a possibility that he'll go rogue (teehee) with no allegiance to anyone, sure, but I wouldn't put too much stock in the "own creed" remark. It just sounds like some vague marketing jargon, and he doesn't even say that in the UK version of the trailer. I think he's going to be a Templar through and through for at least most of the game.

ACZanius
08-06-2014, 06:37 AM
Also about locations they revealed i am pleased and happy but...they could use as much as possible for more and more locations....New York, Appalachian River Valley and North Atlantic Ocean have ben revealed..i realy hope they do Boston and perhaps Philadephia since i belive map does exist since it was cut out from AC 3 originaly..man im so excited lol

TheHumanTowel
08-06-2014, 06:57 AM
Shay means Hawk, Patrick means Nobleman, Cormac means Son of Corruption.

He is a Noble Hawk, a Son of Corruption.
How does Shay mean Hawk? It's short for Seamus. And Cormac doesn't mean son of corruption.

NondairyGold
08-06-2014, 12:50 PM
How does Shay mean Hawk? It's short for Seamus. And Cormac doesn't mean son of corruption.

As a full blooded Irishman, I can atest to this, the name Cormac has several different meanings. Cormac is of Gaelic origin, and the second part of the name, "mac" is generally accepted to mean "son" or "son of." The first part, "cor" is where the differences arise.

Some sources suggest that Cormac means "impure son" or "son of defilement." This meaning comes from the Gaelic corb, meaning "defilement" and mac, meaning "son."
Some sources suggest that the name means "raven" or "son of raven." These sources subscribe to the translation of corb as "raven."
Other sources suggest that the name means "charioteer."

Cormac was an exiled prince in Irish mythology. I'm going to say that in this instance they want it to mean "son of defilement".

As for Shay, it was originally an Irish surname meanings ‘Descendant of the Fortunate’ but has been adopted as a first name. Shay could also be a shortened version of the name Seamus, pronounced ‘SHAY-mus’. Seamus is also Irish in origin, although it is only used for boys and is a variant of the Hebrew name James.
The meaning of Seamus/James is supplanter "to trip up or to overthrow."

Patrick or the latin Patricius means nobleman.

So there you have it Shay Patrick Cormac (Three first names might I add!) Supplanter, nobleman, son of defilement!!!

RagingDragon14
08-06-2014, 01:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/AYHx4BJ.jpgIs this okay to post? Found it on reddit.

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 01:51 PM
Oh my god. ASSASSINS WILl HIDE iN HAYSTACKS

#somuchhype

oh and ropedart is back. hm.

marvelfannumber
08-06-2014, 01:54 PM
Oh, he has two different designs, that's cool. I like it when characters change their apperance over the course of their games.

(do kind of prefer his Templar outfit though, his assassin outfit has some really bad color contrasts (like the Duncan Walpoe outfit did imo)

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 01:57 PM
I hope this means templars will start to get their own traditional outfit.

Shahkulu101
08-06-2014, 01:57 PM
His Templar costume is almost definitely ACIV's Templar armour. Maybe he inherits it?

It could have been retrieved from Edward and passed down to other Templar's...

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 01:58 PM
Edward gives it to Reginald who gives it to Shay? I dunno.

I assume people have more than 1 outfit of the same costume...

marvelfannumber
08-06-2014, 01:59 PM
I hope this means templars will start to get their own traditional outfit.

Here I was thinking the way to regognize a templar was if they had a Taco Hat and a red cross somewhere, but then Shay comes in like a hipster with no Taco Hat.

Shay is such a hipster.

RagingDragon14
08-06-2014, 02:01 PM
By the way, the full GI article has leaked and is on the Assassins Creed subreddit.

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 02:01 PM
Yes Shay does lack the very crucial taco hat.

But I suppose people might REALLY mix him up with Haytham if that was the case.

@raging

ill post info i can find on it

marvelfannumber
08-06-2014, 02:03 PM
Yes Shay does lack the very crucial taco hat.

But I suppose people might REALLY mix him up with Haytham if that was the case.

People already have, i've seen far too many comment on YouTube saying "OMG ihz dat Haytham?", so I hope they could atleast give us the option of having a Taco Hat, like Aveline having a hood.

Legendz54
08-06-2014, 02:03 PM
Shay is a serious liability to the Assassins.. No wonder why America was Templar infested before Connor showed up. Haytham, Achilles and Adewale confirmed to make a comeback = Awesome

DA SHIZZLE IG
08-06-2014, 02:08 PM
shay >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> arno

RagingDragon14
08-06-2014, 02:10 PM
Some info from the GI article:

We will play multiple missions as Shay when he was an Assassin.

There is a tie-in between Rogue and Unity, however it does not happen until the "final moments" in the game.

The whispers from AC III's multiplayer come back in the newly designed eagle vision in singleplayer.

You will be hunted by Assassins throughout the game, though this is not clear on whether it will be story-based or just something we will have to avoid while free-roaming.

Shay can fire "firecracker rounds" from his air rifle that distract guards.

There is an activity called Assassin Interception in which Shay can intercept an Assassination order on a fellow Templar, and stop the Assassin from killing his/her target.

YOU CAN DESTROY ICEBERGS WITH THE SHIP'S CANNONS.

You can hunt narwhals.

When you jump into the water from your ship, your screen will start to freeze up and your health will begin to drop due to the icy North Atlantic ocean water.

Haytham is in the game, and he and Shay are supposedly on "good terms".

roostersrule2
08-06-2014, 02:15 PM
There are big spoilers in the actual GI Mag.

I've only read the first page and I'll just say that some of the speculation on here is right.

Though that's for Unity.

I actually think I know heaps about Unity and Rogue now, all from one sentence haha.

RagingDragon14
08-06-2014, 02:16 PM
More GI info:

The ACU team, when they started work after ACB, actually had to guess what the specs of next gen consoles would be. They used a high end PC of the time as a base line.

"You're going to play many missions as an Assassin. You'll see Shay grow as an Assassin as well, up until a certain point in the game where he says 'this is wrong, and I have to do something about it'"

Game takes place from 1752-1761. Shay joins the Templars around 1754.

Rogue singleplayer only.

You take over areas like the previous games, but instead of freeing the citizens you are controlling them. Making their lives better in some ways and worse in others.

The Unity in Assassin's Creed: Unity WAS originally a code name like Comet for Rogue

The Kenway's fleet system is back

Sounds like we'll have to unlock the Templar armor.

Abstergo Challenges are back in Rogue

Shay can pull a bandana over his face as a form of primitive gas mask. You can also blow holes in barrels of poison gas as a trap for enemies

jeordievera
08-06-2014, 02:19 PM
The Unity in Assassin's Creed: Unity WAS originally a code name like Comet for Rogue.
I am getting lost... :)
Can someone pls scan the article?

RagingDragon14
08-06-2014, 02:20 PM
I am getting lost... :)
Can someone pls scan the article?
I have scans. Am I allowed to post them?

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 02:21 PM
All the info I could gather

i.imgur.com/urR9TqM.png

copy/paste doesnt seem to be working.

jeordievera
08-06-2014, 02:21 PM
I have scans. Am I allowed to post them?
Dunno, if not please PM :) Thanks

RagingDragon14
08-06-2014, 02:22 PM
http://imgur.com/a/gS0sU#0

Link to GI scans.

roostersrule2
08-06-2014, 02:22 PM
I have a link to it, but I'm not sure I should post it.

And the pages are not in order, it's quite the annoyance.

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 02:23 PM
All the info I could gather

i.imgur.com/urR9TqM.png

copy/paste doesnt seem to be working.

could someone please post that link as an img for me? it's not letting me for some reason

RagingDragon14
08-06-2014, 02:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/urR9TqM.png

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 02:24 PM
Thank you :o

RagingDragon14
08-06-2014, 02:25 PM
No problem. :D

jeordievera
08-06-2014, 02:26 PM
http://imgur.com/a/gS0sU#0

Link to GI scans.

Sweet thanks.
I just don't get why is Unity coming out before Rouge, they should simply release Rouge this year and wait with Unity for next year so the story would tie together.

Xstantin
08-06-2014, 02:29 PM
I just don't get why is Unity coming out before Rouge, they should simply release Rouge this year and wait with Unity for next year so the story would tie together.

Please no.

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 02:29 PM
Who cares? The game has Narwhals, son. NARWHALS

RagingDragon14
08-06-2014, 02:31 PM
Who cares? The game has Narwhals, son. NARWHALS

I don't think I could bring myself to hunt the Polar Bears in this game. It's like the bison in Red Dead Redemption. You just don't kill them.

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 02:32 PM
Polar bears eat their own babies.

Show no mercy.

roostersrule2
08-06-2014, 02:33 PM
I had no idea what a Narwhal was up until a minute ago.

I now want to be one.

RagingDragon14
08-06-2014, 02:35 PM
I had no idea what a Narwhal was up until a minute ago.

I now want to be one.

It is time for you to go play Starwahls. Narwhals with Lightsaber tusks.

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 02:35 PM
They're only the most majestic beasts ever. They're practically sea unicorns.

Can't wait to slaughter 'em.

@dragon

yeaaah starwhal is awesome. :cool:

roostersrule2
08-06-2014, 02:36 PM
I would but I'd probably die.

How can one man be able to contain that much godness?

itsamea-mario
08-06-2014, 02:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykwqXuMPsoc

rob1990312
08-06-2014, 02:39 PM
Is it just me or does shays accent sound a bit too piratey (aaarrr matey)

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 02:40 PM
I've been told it's irish, but I'm terrible at determining accents.

Even if he sounds pirate-y, it's still somewhat fitting I suppose. I personally don't see it though.

itsamea-mario
08-06-2014, 02:42 PM
I've been told it's irish, but I'm terrible at determining accents.

Even if he sounds pirate-y, it's still somewhat fitting I suppose. I personally don't see it though.

It's a very bad Irish accent, yes.

rob1990312
08-06-2014, 02:43 PM
Ya but if u are irish the accent is a bit off putting as it doesnt sound authentic

SHADOWGARVIN
08-06-2014, 02:43 PM
Is it just me or does shays accent sound a bit too piratey (aaarrr matey)

It's Irish. There are already a lot of thread about AC Rogue.

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 02:45 PM
I wonder if Haytham will be wearing the same clothes he's been wearing for 20 years in this game.

jeordievera
08-06-2014, 02:47 PM
I wonder if Haytham will be wearing the same clothes he's been wearing for 20 years in this game.
Yeah he had no suitcase with him :D

rob1990312
08-06-2014, 02:48 PM
Irish people dont sound like pirates

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 02:49 PM
Yeah he had no suitcase with him :D

Probably smells disgusting too

SpiritOfNevaeh

I would think so, and I don't mind. I LOVE this outfit in AC3 :p would nice nice to get new clothes though..

SHADOWGARVIN
I like his accent.

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 02:52 PM
If there are legacy outfits I hope shay can wear Haytham's outfit. Since, y'know, templar.

jeordievera
08-06-2014, 02:53 PM
Probably smells disgusting too
I am always wondering
* How come their robes are always so clean?
* How much they must smell...

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-06-2014, 02:59 PM
I am always wondering
* How come their robes are always so clean?
* How much they must smell...

Off screen showering and laundry? lol. I doubt they'd waste screen/game time showing them staying... hygienic xD

jeordievera
08-06-2014, 03:05 PM
Off screen showering and laundry? lol. I doubt they'd waste screen/game time showing them staying... hygienic xD
Damn, why is showering off screen? :D

Xstantin
08-06-2014, 03:09 PM
Ezio takes a bath at one point, I know, really exciting!

Namikaze_17
08-06-2014, 03:10 PM
Welp.

One day after Rogue's announcement. How does everyone feel about it?

I like it personally....;)

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 03:13 PM
I'm just waiting for the Shaytham to take bloom. :rolleyes:

Namikaze_17
08-06-2014, 03:18 PM
@Mayrice.
I can only see it now.......

Would that possibly be your next sig?:rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 03:20 PM
Of diddly darn course.

Would be odd otherwise.

Now Ubi hurry up with that gameplay and Haytham trailer!

marvelfannumber
08-06-2014, 03:31 PM
If there are legacy outfits I hope shay can wear Haytham's outfit. Since, y'know, templar.

Nah screw a Haytham outfit, I want a Haytham SKIN!

All hail double Haythams, all hail double Haythams.

No but seriously, who needs one Haytham, when you got two talking to eachother. :rolleyes:

itsamea-mario
08-06-2014, 03:31 PM
But they aren't related.

pacmanate
08-06-2014, 04:24 PM
Ezio takes a bath at one point, I know, really exciting!

And that was the only bath he ever had.

Actually, that bath was kinda pointless. He went in for like 2 seconds, got a quick handy, then had sexy time to get sweaty and smelly again.

jeordievera
08-06-2014, 04:45 PM
And that was the only bath he ever had.

Actually, that bath was kinda pointless. He went in for like 2 seconds, got a quick handy, then had sexy time to get sweaty and smelly again.
And there is no proof of water being in the bathtub..
Also Ed spent lot of time in water yet he was hella drity all the time

Jexx21
08-06-2014, 05:01 PM
Being a pirate is dirty business.

NondairyGold
08-06-2014, 06:05 PM
And another thread gone off the rails... you guys know that there's a thread for off topic conversation and musings!! Please use it. I came here to see what people were saying about Shay and all I get is a conversation about dirty assassins in bathtubs!!!!

I-Like-Pie45
08-06-2014, 06:16 PM
Too bad.

Jexx21
08-06-2014, 06:17 PM
As a full blooded Irishman, I can atest to this, the name Cormac has several different meanings. Cormac is of Gaelic origin, and the second part of the name, "mac" is generally accepted to mean "son" or "son of." The first part, "cor" is where the differences arise.

Some sources suggest that Cormac means "impure son" or "son of defilement." This meaning comes from the Gaelic corb, meaning "defilement" and mac, meaning "son."
Some sources suggest that the name means "raven" or "son of raven." These sources subscribe to the translation of corb as "raven."
Other sources suggest that the name means "charioteer."

Cormac was an exiled prince in Irish mythology. I'm going to say that in this instance they want it to mean "son of defilement".

As for Shay, it was originally an Irish surname meanings ‘Descendant of the Fortunate’ but has been adopted as a first name. Shay could also be a shortened version of the name Seamus, pronounced ‘SHAY-mus’. Seamus is also Irish in origin, although it is only used for boys and is a variant of the Hebrew name James.
The meaning of Seamus/James is supplanter "to trip up or to overthrow."

Patrick or the latin Patricius means nobleman.

So there you have it Shay Patrick Cormac (Three first names might I add!) Supplanter, nobleman, son of defilement!!!

Shay's name is the anglicized form of the Gaelic Séaghdha, which means "hawk". His middle name comes from the Latin Patricius, meaning "nobleman". His family name means "son of corruption" from Gaelic Corb: "defilement, corruption" and Mac: "son".

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 07:23 PM
So what kind of personality do you think Shay will have?

I read in the magazine he starts off kind of laid back and uncaring about the creed but then trauma ensues and he gets super grump. I feel he will be like adewale except without any of his happy moments.

this dude feels overall grump

jeordievera
08-06-2014, 07:31 PM
I hope he is even more grumpy than Arno the grumpy cat.
I feel like there might be something more to the story than betrayal to get this mad and go on killing your ex-brothers spree.

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 07:32 PM
Someone killed his dad :rolleyes:

Nah it's probably he screwed up a mission and when he needs aid the assassins leave him and his comerades to die. And all the assassins who need help die except him. So he becomes super grump.

rob1990312
08-06-2014, 07:58 PM
Shay's name is the anglicized form of the Gaelic Séaghdha, which means "hawk". His middle name comes from the Latin Patricius, meaning "nobleman". His family name means "son of corruption" from Gaelic Corb: "defilement, corruption" and Mac: "son".
i think his name would be better as patrick cormac o shea or cormac patrick o shea as cormac is more of a first name than a second name in ireland and shay can also mean shaw which is actually a surname

jeordievera
08-06-2014, 08:10 PM
Get to know Shay http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/08/06/get-to-know-shay-from-assassins-creed-rogue.aspx

rob1990312
08-06-2014, 08:18 PM
I think a grenade launcher and a machine gun are a bit much

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 08:20 PM
Dat Shay rich on manies.

Dem Templars always have manies.

Would like to know how they get their money for once. I imagine loans from powerful political figures.

pacmanate
08-06-2014, 08:21 PM
http://media1.gameinformer.com/filestorage/CommunityServer.Components.SiteFiles/imagefeed/featured/ubisoft2014/AssassinsCreed/rogue/shayprofile/ACRU_Character_Shay_610.jpg

Assassin’s Creed Rogue has one of the most promising setups we’ve seen from the series so far: What would happen if a member of the Assassins had a change of heart and left the order? The game delves into what that act of betrayal means to the game’s protagonist, a man named Shay Patrick Cormac, who now hunts his former brothers in the name of the Templars. We’ve got more information in our exclusive character profile, including details about Shay and his transformation directly from the game’s development team.
When players first meet Shay, he’s a 21-year-old recruit who’s already beginning to question why the Assassins operated as they do. “Basically, Shay starts off as a brash young man,” says Richard Farrese, the game’s writer. “He doesn't really take his role seriously as an assassin, not because he doesn't believe in the cause, but because he's young and not quite wise yet.”
The game is set between the years 1752 and 1761, placing it between the events of Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag and Assassin’s Creed III. That’s a crucial period for both the Assassins and Templars in Colonial America, as each faction attempts to seize control of the New World. The same kind of power struggle is roiling inside of Shay, too, and it’s only a matter of time before it bubbles over. Ubisoft isn’t saying what exactly happens, but that it’s a traumatic event.
“[Before this event happens], he's still being frivolous and not so serious as a character,” says Ivan Balabanov, producer and general manager of Ubisoft Sofia. “Then, we see his transformation into this very somber, dedicated character who is pursuing his former comrades for something he genuinely believes is the better road.”
“At some point in the game there's going to be something that's going to happen, and this will make Shay rethink his whole philosophy and his allegiance to the assassins,” Farrese says. “Eventually, he will realize that the Templars' goals and methods are much more in line with his own beliefs, and he's got to join the cause.”
http://media1.gameinformer.com/filestorage/CommunityServer.Components.SiteFiles/imagefeed/featured/ubisoft2014/AssassinsCreed/rogue/shayprofile/ACRU_Character_content_SHAY_01.jpg
If you follow the series, you know that the two factions think they’re both doing what’s best for humanity. The difference is in their approach. The Assassins think that people should fundamentally be free to think and act as they choose – everything is permitted, after all. They perform assassinations to shape history to align to that philosophy. According to Templar thought, people aren’t ready to handle the kind of absolute freedom the Assassins offer. Instead, humanity should be guided (or some would say caged).
“The Templars aren't in control of the Colonial authorities, but they are trying to manipulate them, certainly,” Farrese says. “I think that's one of the exciting things about playing a Templar, in that you're experiencing all of that from the other side. Now you're part of the order, and you fight against the chaos that the Assassins bring.”
Philosophies aside, one of the most obvious differences between the groups comes down to resources. The Templars are a well-heeled organization, and that manifests its way through Shay’s arsenal. He’s outfitted with a variety of exotic weapons that either existed as prototypes during the era or were actually in use at the time – by those who could afford them. The most noticeable example is his air rifle, which allows him to silently take out enemies at a distance without suffering the indignity of blowing out of a pipe. The weapon can be outfitted with a variety of different projectiles, like firecrackers that distract enemies or help him complete objectives. He also has a grenade launcher, which fires off shrapnel grenades and other loads.
Rogue builds on the naval battles and exploration that Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag successfully incorporated into the game, so it only stands to reason that Shay is captain of his own ship. TheMorrigan is smaller than Edward Kenway’s Jackdaw, allowing it to navigate the rivers and bays of the North Atlantic. It’s outfitted with a Puckle gun, an early version of a machine gun that lets him pepper his foes into splinters.
Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/08/06/get-to-know-shay-from-assassins-creed-rogue.aspx?utm_content=buffer2f761&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 08:25 PM
I wonder if you can wear that Assassin outfit as a disguise to sneak into assassin forts or if it's just what you wear initially.

Assassin_M
08-06-2014, 08:26 PM
Why is no one complaining that Shay is just another "White man with a stubble"? No feminists/diversity people here to complain? I mean, Shay could have easily been a woman or a colored person...

I-Like-Pie45
08-06-2014, 08:28 PM
Why is no one complaining that Shay is just another "White man with a stubble"? No feminists/diversity people here to complain? I mean, Shay could have easily been a woman or a colored person...

cuz hes templah

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 08:29 PM
I noticed he was when I saw the trailer, but I care more about the characters themselves than their biological traits. *nod nod*

marvelfannumber
08-06-2014, 08:29 PM

But then he couldn't have had a fantastically awesome name like Shay, though I guess he could have been another race, but for some reason I don't hear black/asian/hispanic people complain about this sort of stuff for some reason.

xMiiSTY
08-06-2014, 08:34 PM
Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggg

Assassin_M
08-06-2014, 08:39 PM
Alright, since no one is complaining, i'll take that liberty myself...I shall make it a point to remind all of you of the Hypocrisy..

pacmanate
08-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggg

Explain your "HNNNNNNNNNNNNG" please :p

Jexx21
08-06-2014, 08:41 PM
M, most of us weren't complaining about that in the first place.

And SixKeys did make a comment about it.

You should be complaining to the news outlets.

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 08:41 PM
I never said I wasn't a hypocrite :p

I-Like-Pie45
08-06-2014, 08:42 PM
Do you think Shay will kill any Assassin kids?

I hope for, for aesthetic purposes.

After all, this is being advertised as the darkest AC yet and I think the developers should stop holding back on something gamers have been begging for since we ran into our first pack of orphans.

ze_topazio
08-06-2014, 08:44 PM

Because he's a villain.

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 08:46 PM
Do you think Shay will kill any Assassin kids?

I hope for, for aesthetic purposes.

After all, this is being advertised as the darkest AC yet and I think the developers should stop holding back on something gamers have been begging for since we ran into our first pack of orphans.

Well Achilles' son DID die of illness....

perhaps Shay indirectly caused it?

Loki Will Rule
08-06-2014, 08:46 PM
Really liking the sound of it so far. Not so keen on the grenade launcher thing though.

RzaRecta357
08-06-2014, 08:48 PM
Awesome pic in the original post Mayrice. Are there any 1080p?

I need some serious Unity and Rogue 1080p wallpapers to add to my 15 minute wallpaper rotation.

Assassin_M
08-06-2014, 08:49 PM
M, most of us weren't complaining about that in the first place.

And SixKeys did make a comment about it.

You should be complaining to the news outlets.
I wasn't talking about YOUR Hypocrisy, just some others' who complained...if you did not complain, you're not a hypocrite, that should be clear.

Sixkeys is not either because she stayed true to her principle

rob1990312
I doubt we will see him kill any kids on screen that seems to be a no go zone in most games

JustPlainQuirky
@rza

Uh I dunno. I didn't check. I'm sure you can find some on tumblr.

reddragonhrcro
08-06-2014, 08:50 PM
I wonder if you can wear that Assassin outfit as a disguise to sneak into assassin forts or if it's just what you wear initially.

+1

pacmanate
08-06-2014, 08:50 PM
Well Achilles' son DID die of illness....

perhaps Shay indirectly caused it?

They died of Typhoid Fever, through food and or water.

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 08:51 PM
They died of Typhoid Fever, through food and or water.

Oh. Figured as much.

No conspiracy theories about infected blankets then *sigh*

RzaRecta357
08-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Love the idea of his grenade launcher to be honest. He has weapons you wouldn't think of which is great. Things that are prototype because they can afford it and want to take total advantage of a well trained Assassin who switched sides.

I-Like-Pie45
08-06-2014, 08:54 PM
I think it should be retconned that Shay does the deed, or better yet forces Achilles to do it, and that Achilles was so traumatized his mind came up with a lie that became his truth

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 08:55 PM
Starting to sound like things people do in the Mafia.

jeordievera
08-06-2014, 08:57 PM
I still feel like calling him Mc Cormac

pacmanate
08-06-2014, 09:04 PM
I still feel like calling him Mc Cormac

Sounds like a McDonalds burger

reddragonhrcro
08-06-2014, 09:17 PM

With the sour taste of betrayal.;)

rprkjj
08-06-2014, 09:18 PM
Really liking the sound of it so far. Not so keen on the grenade launcher thing though.

Is it weird I actually want this? It just feels fresh. I'm interested to see how it works.

SHADOWGARVIN
08-06-2014, 09:20 PM
Sounds great!

pacmanate
08-06-2014, 09:21 PM
Is it weird I actually want this? It just feels fresh. I'm interested to see how it works.

Next we will get killstreak rewards. 2 kills for a NUUUUUUUUKE!!!!

Dome500
08-06-2014, 09:25 PM
Yeah I like it.
It just shows Ubisoft is finally embracing what they breach since years. That both orders are not "right" or "good" but that both have different advantages, views and ideals to the same goal.

Dome500
08-06-2014, 09:31 PM
Wonder how that will work then since we are Templars this time considering Templars often have the city guard on their side or at least some hired mercenaries.
Also hope we'll start as Assassin and experience his change of mind.
Plus, I hope Stealth still plays a big role.

SlyTrooper
08-06-2014, 09:32 PM
Here's some new info about Shay. (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/08/06/get-to-know-shay-from-assassins-creed-rogue.aspx)

Toa TAK
08-06-2014, 09:36 PM
Shay is shaping up to be more interesting than Arno, dare I say.

Namikaze_17
08-06-2014, 09:41 PM
[QUOTE=Assassin_M;10149824]Why is no one complaining that Shay is just another "White man with a stubble"? No feminists/diversity people here to complain? I mean, Shay could have easily been a woman or a colored person...[/QUOTE
@M.

I have somewhat of a problem with Shay's look......he looks identical to Edward or Arno.

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 09:42 PM
Shay >>>>>>>>>>> Arno

reddragonhrcro
08-06-2014, 09:43 PM
Wonder how that will work then since we are Templars this time considering Templars often have the city guard on their side or at least some hired mercenaries.
Also hope we'll start as Assassin and experience his change of mind.
Plus, I hope Stealth still plays a big role.

From what it seems Assassin's have gained control over the cities.Guard's are being presented usualy neutral but with some of them being influenced by one side or the other(well so far we have seen Templar influenced guards only)

ze_topazio
08-06-2014, 09:46 PM
To tell the truth the concept of Rogue seems a lot more interesting that Unity, Unity is just your traditional AC, Rogue actually sounds a bit different.

rickprog
08-06-2014, 09:50 PM
I don't like how it sounds like he was rather foolish by the beginning. It makes sense, but it would be more interesting if he was actually thoughtful enough to shape strong arguments to say that the assassin's ideology isn't going to lead the world anywhere.

guardian_titan
08-06-2014, 09:58 PM
Issue with traitors is they can't be trusted. Benedict Arnold betrayed the US and died in England a pariah. No one trusted him. He betrayed his own country for some money. Who's to say he wouldn't do it again? Easier to not trust a traitor. The Templars appear to be too trusting of an Assassin turncoat. Either Ubisoft neglected that point or it will be a major plot point. Somehow, I'm not betting on the latter.

The weapons sound interesting enough. Hopefully they're not clunky to use. Having too many options for things makes them a pain to select on the fly.

Like the outfit designs. Nice to have a character that doesn't have a hood for once. Chances are it'll mimic Edward where we start in one outfit and move to the other unable to revert to the old one.

Only thing I'm really iffy on is Shay starting out brash and not really caring much for the Creed. If he didn't care for it, why'd he even join the Order? Surely his recruiter could have found better people who actually wanted to be there. There was like a million people in the US at that point excluding the native tribes. Shay's recruiter wasn't limited. There's also the fact that Altair, Ezio, Connor, and Edward all started out brash before mellowing out. Arno seems to also be following that. While I'm aware men tend to die younger due to being brash in their youth, the amount of protagonists in AC that are that way is rather repetitive.

Would stand to reason that Shay helped dismantle the Assassin order but begs the question what happened to him. The Aquila didn't sink until 1768 so after the end of Rogue and that would likely be around the time the Colonial Assassins fell. So begs the question what happens to Shay? Achilles kill him which maybe explains why he walks with a cane? Or is Ubisoft retconning when the Colonial Assassins fell?

Also makes me wonder how they'd do a Haytham cameo. He doesn't arrive in the US until 1754, and he's in France from late 1757 to at least early 1758, then probably England for a short bit to get Jenny settled. That'd suggest if Haytham is around, it's only from 1754-1757 (except he's already with Charles, etc then) and then 1758-1761. Shay's recruitment would then suggest, if he was recruited by Haytham, to either be before he left to save Jenny and thus retconning part of Forsaken since Haytham never mentioned Shay or having it occur after he saved Jenny in Haytham's missing years. If the latter, then that would then only make half the game being an ex-Assassin hunting Assassins. Given the Haytham hair color retcon at the end of AC4 (despite that being a mistake that was never fixed), I'm betting on more retcons in Rogue. Makes me wonder how far ahead Ubisoft really plans the games if they can't avoid retconning something later.

killzab
08-06-2014, 10:26 PM
Why am I much more interested in Rogue than Unity even though I know it won't be as good ???

reddragonhrcro
08-06-2014, 10:30 PM
Why am I much more interested in Rogue than Unity even though I know it won't be as good ???

Well Shay seems more unique as a new character while Arno gives of the feel of Altair and a bit of Ezio mixed in.
Not to forget the whole betrayal thing and him turning a Templar.

Toa TAK
08-06-2014, 10:41 PM
To tell the truth the concept of Rogue seems a lot more interesting that Unity, Unity is just your traditional AC, Rogue actually sounds a bit different.
It is good to have both, though. I'm itching for a more traditional AC, especially after IV where you really didn't become an Assassin until the end of the game off-screen.

I don't like how it sounds like he was rather foolish by the beginning. It makes sense, but it would be more interesting if he was actually thoughtful enough to shape strong arguments to say that the assassin's ideology isn't going to lead the world anywhere.
Maybe he'll form them after he leaves them, and when you encounter each Assassin, he'll give his own two cents.

Issue with traitors is they can't be trusted. Benedict Arnold betrayed the US and died in England a pariah. No one trusted him. He betrayed his own country for some money. Who's to say he wouldn't do it again? Easier to not trust a traitor. The Templars appear to be too trusting of an Assassin turncoat. Either Ubisoft neglected that point or it will be a major plot point. Somehow, I'm not betting on the latter.

I don't know. The game's writer Richard Farrese (who co-wrote Liberation) may surprise us. Though, this kind of thing is very much in Corey May's territory, as he pretty much excelled the grey vs. grey morality in AC1 and AC3, as opposed to the cartoon villainy and heroics of AC2-Revelations.

SlyTrooper
08-06-2014, 10:51 PM
Well Shay seems more unique as a new character while Arno gives of the feel of Altair and a bit of Ezio mixed in.

Don't be so sure that Arno won't be interesting. The whole idea that he is trying to avenge his adoptive father (who was a Templar) makes it more interesting. That's without even mentioning Elise.

SixKeys
08-06-2014, 10:55 PM
Only thing I'm really iffy on is Shay starting out brash and not really caring much for the Creed. If he didn't care for it, why'd he even join the Order? Surely his recruiter could have found better people who actually wanted to be there. There was like a million people in the US at that point excluding the native tribes. Shay's recruiter wasn't limited. There's also the fact that Altair, Ezio, Connor, and Edward all started out brash before mellowing out. Arno seems to also be following that. While I'm aware men tend to die younger due to being brash in their youth, the amount of protagonists in AC that are that way is rather repetitive.

I agree the "brash young man" is a bit of a cliché at this point, but I don't think it's a problem for the setup. Lots of people join the army without really caring for it or understanding what they're fighting for, they just think it's cool to be a part of something bigger than themselves. As for his recruiter, Ezio picked hobos off the streets to join his brotherhood, so no, the assassins have never been very particular about who they recruit.

UbiDuchess
08-06-2014, 11:06 PM
I'm excited about different aspects of both games. I'm intrigued by the rogue thing but I'm glad that there's a proper assassin game as well, you know?

And yeah, Shay looks amazing. :D

m4r-k7
08-06-2014, 11:26 PM

How do you know Shay will be a unique character. I bet he will be a generic hard *** guy who wants to be a strong Templar, in charge of himself and not being told what to do by other Assassins. I hope i'm wrong but I don't see him being that interesting. So far it seems like he is just the generic Templar that Ubisoft portay in all their games.

reddragonhrcro
08-06-2014, 11:30 PM
Don't be so sure that Arno won't be interesting. The whole idea that he is trying to avenge his adoptive father (who was a Templar) makes it more interesting. That's without even mentioning Elise.

Not saying he won't be interesting, just that he gives of a familiar feeling unlike Shay.

aL_____eX
08-06-2014, 11:48 PM
Personally I don't have anything left for baseball, but this one looks pretty badass... :rolleyes: I definitely want that baseball bat as a weapon in Unity.

Ubisoft’s San Francisco office is located at 625 Third Street, a mere two blocks from AT&T Park, home of the San Francisco Giants. Which is why this upcoming event is truly close to home in more ways than one. Ubisoft and McFarlane Toys are joining together as community partners and participants of the San Francisco Giants’ first ever Video Gamer Night at AT&T Park on September 10.

http://blog.ubi.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Lead-Image.jpg

This special event welcomes gamers to attend a Giants game and see them play against the Arizona Diamondbacks. It also includes admission to the Video Gamer Night pre-game party in Seals Plaza from 5PM to 7PM, as well as an exclusive limited-edition Giants-themed Assassin’s Creed figure from Todd McFarlane.

Legendary artist and baseball fan Todd McFarlane and McFarlane Toys created this limited-edition San Francisco Giants-themed figure of Arno, the main character from the latest installment in Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed franchise, Assassin’s Creed Unity. The figure features Arno decked out in the Giants’ signature orange and black colors, plus a bat and helmet.

“Growing up in the Bay Area, watching baseball was my favorite thing in the world and Giants’ Bobby Bonds was my favorite player,” said Todd McFarlane, McFarlane Toys founder and creative force. “I am excited to be a part of the Giants’ unique, fun event that brings together two of my favorite things: videogames and baseball.”

Assassin’s Creed Unity creators, Todd McFarlane and other special guests in the videogame community will be on-hand to participate in a special Q&A panel moderated by IGN’s Naomi Kyle during the pre-game event.

For event details and tickets for the first ever San Francisco Giants Video Gamer Night visit:
http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/sf/ticketing/group_special_events.jsp?group=video

http://blog.ubi.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Giants_Arno_Packaging_Photos_11.jpghttp://blog.ubi.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Giants_Arno_Packaging_Photos_4.jpg

edit: He looks so stoned on the bottom left picture. At least nothing like the Arno we have seen yet... I hope Ubisoft will do better job than McFarlane on the figure that comes with the Unity Collector's Edition. I remember the Connor Figure included in the Freedom Edition looking nothing like Connor either.

m4r-k7
08-06-2014, 11:49 PM
That whole costume is awesome apart from the 14 on his back. I hope that type of customization is in the game (changing and mixing colours on any outfits)

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 11:53 PM
pfffffft HAHAHAHAA

SHADOWGARVIN
08-06-2014, 11:53 PM
That whole costume is awesome apart from the 14 on his back. I hope that type of customization is in the game (changing and mixing colours on any outfits)

I hope so too.The whole black and orange combo looks awesome!!

Megas_Doux
08-06-2014, 11:55 PM
Ok..........

SlyTrooper
08-06-2014, 11:55 PM
Not saying he won't be interesting, just that he gives of a familiar feeling unlike Shay.

Surely that's more to do with the plot more than their personalities?

marvelfannumber
08-06-2014, 11:59 PM
What is this...."Baseball"? Oh and who are these "giants"? I thought giants went extinct millennia ago.

Also, OMG Duckface Arno is back!

Megas_Doux
08-07-2014, 12:11 AM
This should have been a baguette and a Paris Saint Germain Jersey!!!!!

Kaschra
08-07-2014, 12:17 AM
I have somewhat of a problem with Shay's look......he looks identical to Edward or Arno.

I can understand Arno, but Edward? Edward with his bright blonde hair, the only AC character who doesn't has dark hair?

aL_____eX
08-07-2014, 12:22 AM
The Arno Concept Art definitely looks like Edward, but Shay looks just exactly like the young CHAWWWLEEES LEEEE. Could be because of the pony-tail though.

HoIcon
08-07-2014, 12:24 AM
He looks awesome

pacmanate
08-07-2014, 12:24 AM
The Arno Concept Art definitely looks like Edward, but Shay looks just exactly like the young CHAWWWLEEES LEEEE. Could be because of the pony-tail though.

I thought that from the CGI trailer for Shay
But in game he looks like a Haytham/Connor hybrid

Kaschra
08-07-2014, 12:26 AM

Speaking of Lee, I wonder if he's in AC Rogue too? If Haytham's there, Lee can't be too far away :nonchalance:

Jexx21
08-07-2014, 12:26 AM

McCormick is a brand of spices.

I-Like-Pie45
08-07-2014, 12:29 AM
Still more dignified than Smosh and Tobuscus videos

reddragonhrcro
08-07-2014, 12:29 AM
wtf...

MnemonicSyntax
08-07-2014, 01:15 AM
Speaking of Puckle Gun, I was just playing Black Flag and Woodes Rogers was talking to Julien Du Casse about a friend named James Puckle who was working on "something spectacular" as the two were shooting guns during "Duncan Walpole, I presume?" mission.

Pretty awesome :D

Xstantin
08-07-2014, 01:24 AM
If it's the same artist responsible for the characters, some similarities are expected. Also similar looking faces keep the characters unified in a way. He doesn't look like Charles Lee to me though, I'd say he looks more like Duncan Walpole or concept Ah Tabai sans facepaint.

jeordievera
08-07-2014, 08:03 AM
McCormick is also a brand of tractors...

Also I am more interested in Arno than in Shay, I think he will have more in dept personality than Shay - which to me feels just like a angry guy on a hunting spree.

And I hope we will see Charles Leeee!!

MetalGear312
08-07-2014, 08:08 AM
Come in Shay, and know me better man!

Namikaze_17
08-07-2014, 08:10 AM
I can understand Arno, but Edward? Edward with his bright blonde hair, the only AC character who doesn't has dark hair?

I meant when he's wearing his hood.....he looks like Edward if he ever turned the other cheek in BF.
And Arno pretty much looks like long-lost brother or something.

wvstolzing
08-07-2014, 11:19 AM
And I hope we will see Charles Leeee!!

The question is not whether we'll see him, but

WHERE!

WHERE ARE WE GOING TO SEE CHARLES LEE???

Namikaze_17
08-12-2014, 09:01 PM
I'm actually curious about everyone's perspective on this...do you think he will? Or something else entirely?

Kratos: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gd5dpif9HAQ/UAO-RHy94bI/AAAAAAAABKU/fVaxnhI01f0/s640/god+of+war+gow1+gow+1+kratos+face+wallpaper+backgr ound+sony+action.jpg

Shay: http://media1.gameinformer.com/filestorage/CommunityServer.Components.SiteFiles/imagefeed/featured/ubisoft2014/AssassinsCreed/rogue/shayprofile/ACRU_Character_Shay_610.jpg

I personally hope he doesn't...and sees the Templars as a true home instead of a Backdrop.

Feel Free to discuss!

JustPlainQuirky
08-12-2014, 09:04 PM
Just look at dat glare

https://31.media.tumblr.com/e2dc9e6b8b3dcacba0b034b36f17f73f/tumblr_na4urtobr41rrukgwo1_500.jpg

The pinnacle of satan

sounds Kratos-y to me :rolleyes:

DumbGamerTag94
08-12-2014, 09:08 PM
He'll only brutally dismember the people who wronged him....lol

jellejackhammer
08-12-2014, 09:09 PM
i just looooooove his templar rope design! that aside i think he will be more devoted to them because of the influence he might get from haytham

LoyalACFan
08-12-2014, 09:15 PM
It's kinda sounding that way to me, which is disappointing.

Random but kinda related fun fact; Morrigan is a goddess of war :rolleyes:

GunnerGalactico
08-12-2014, 09:23 PM
It's kinda sounding that way to me, which is disappointing.

Random but kinda related fun fact; Morrigan is a goddess of war :rolleyes:

Ah yes, now that you've mentioned it.... the ships in AC are named after or have some reference to a bird (like some of the Assassins).

Aquila- is Latin for eagle

Jackdaw- is a bird

Morrigan- is a goddess of war, sometimes she appears in the form of a crow on battlefields.

Namikaze_17
08-12-2014, 09:35 PM
Ah yes, now that you've mentioned it.... the ships in AC are named after or have some reference to a bird (like some of the Assassins).

Aquila- is Latin for eagle

Jackdaw- is a bird

Morrigan- is a goddess of war, sometimes she appears in the form of a crow on battlefields.

Aquila is also a tribute/ reference to Aquilus.

Btw, they reminds me......Aquilus NEEDS a game. Too bad he died though.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/354/6/4/assassin_s_creed_aquilus_second_version_2_by_yowan 2008-d6ypxrz.jpg
http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/1925/aquilusscreen3.png

Sushiglutton
08-12-2014, 09:42 PM
Well, he is a hunterrrr... I actually said that I thought he would be a bit Kratos like in some other thread, so I'm gonna stick by it. Basically he will be pissed most of the game and hunt assassins down and kill them, which won't make him happier.

Honestly though I don't know much about the Shay at all.

GunnerGalactico
08-12-2014, 09:45 PM
Aquila is also a tribute/ reference to Aquilus.

Btw, they reminds me......Aquilus NEEDS a game. Too bad he died though.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/354/6/4/assassin_s_creed_aquilus_second_version_2_by_yowan 2008-d6ypxrz.jpg
http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/1925/aquilusscreen3.png

It would be great if he had his own game. I would also like Shao Jun and Nicolai Orelov to have their own games.

Hans684
08-12-2014, 09:46 PM
Ezio did go all Kratos-like agains the Templars after his family was betrayed, so it's only fair that Shay go all Kratos-like on the Assassins when they betrayed him. Betrayal ain't easy to get over.

JustPlainQuirky
08-12-2014, 09:46 PM
Shay is slowly shaping up to be my new fav AC character.

Don't screw this up, Ubi!

AherasSTRG
08-12-2014, 09:48 PM
Seriously? Noone's refering to this guy:
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130621175844/starwars/images/6/6f/Anakin_Skywalker_RotS.png

I mean, he was with the good guys, but he didn't agree with their methods and the good guys tried to kill him and he went with the bad guys and started killing the good guys? Shay's story is a rip-off of his story. I am surprised there is a thread comparing Shay to Kratos, but not one that compares him to Anakin Skywalker.

JustPlainQuirky
08-12-2014, 09:49 PM
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130621175844/starwars/images/6/6f/Anakin_Skywalker_RotS.png

I mean, he was with the good guys, but he didn't agree with his methods and the good guys tried to kill him and he went with the bad guys and started killing the good guys? Shay's story is a rip-off of his story. I am surprised there is a thread comparing Shay to Kratos, but not one that compares him to Anakin Skywalker.

Anakin Skywalker clearly became a villain though.

For all we know Shay is the one thinking in the right and the assassins aren't the 'good guys' afterall.

It's more morally grey, yo

LoyalACFan
08-12-2014, 09:52 PM
Shay is slowly shaping up to be my new fav AC character.

Don't screw this up, Ubi!

:rolleyes:

Namikaze_17
08-12-2014, 09:53 PM
@Sushi

Well I hope he rises above it, and doesn't become like sasuke from Naruto.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111150904/3679383-3754595845-narut.jpg

Namikaze_17
08-12-2014, 09:55 PM
It would be great if he had his own game. I would also like Shao Jun and Nicolai Orelov to have their own games.

*High Five*

Hell yeah!!!! Only if......

Hans684
08-12-2014, 09:55 PM

I mean, he was with the good guys, but he didn't agree with their methods and the good guys tried to kill him and he went with the bad guys and started killing the good guys? Shay's story is a rip-off of his story. I am surprised there is a thread comparing Shay to Kratos, but not one that compares him to Anakin Skywalker.

Shay Skywalker/Anakin Patric Cormac

Unlike SW, AC don't have "good guys"/"bad guys", it's far to morally gray on both sides of the war. And you lost me at rip-off.

AherasSTRG
08-12-2014, 09:56 PM
Anakin Skywalker clearly became a villain though.

For all we know Shay is the one thinking in the right and the assassins aren't the 'good guys' afterall.

It's more morally grey, yo

Anakin also believed that the Jedis were the bad guys. "From my point of view, the Jedis are evil", he tells Obi-Wan during their final battle.

In fact, Anakin had exactly the beliefs of a Templar. He believed that uniting the world under a single ruler (The Emperor) and controlling the galaxy was the only reasonable way to bring peace to the Republic.

AherasSTRG
08-12-2014, 09:57 PM
Shay Skywalker/Anakin Patric Cormac

Unlike SW, AC don't have "good guys"/"bad guys", it's far to morally gray on both sides of the war. And you lost me at rip-off.

Yeah, you are right. I used the term pretty lightly in that matter. But, I do insist that their stories are really close.

JustPlainQuirky
08-12-2014, 09:58 PM
A key difference is presentation.

Anakin AKA Darth Vader is the symbol of a villain. He's been deliberately portrayed as one.

Shay has been portrayed as controversial at most. But not 'bad.'

LoyalACFan
08-12-2014, 09:58 PM
Anakin also believed that the Jedis were the bad guys. "From my point of view, the Jedis are evil", he tells Obi-Wan during their final battle.

In fact, Anakin had exactly the beliefs of a Templar. He believed that uniting the world under a single ruler (The Emperor) and controlling the galaxy was the only reasonable way to bring peace to the Republic.

Anakin was a hormonal emo twerp who had no compelling philosophy beyond "ermagerd can't let Padme die, so here let me murder a few dozen toddlers"

Sorry, I just ****ing hate the Star Wars prequels

Sushiglutton
08-12-2014, 10:00 PM
Speaking of Kratos I kind of love this trailer because it's so incredibly cheesy. Let's hope Shay won't go that far ;) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgyjPS_uJTA

EmbodyingSeven5
08-12-2014, 10:04 PM
kind of hoping the assassins betray him. him betraying the assassins randomly would make you hate him instantly. or maybe his partner assassin kills innocents and doesn't follow the creed forcing shay to kill him, this results in the assassins thinking shay betrayed them. when shay sees that everyone from the assassin order is after him he begins to hunt them down himself, along the way he discovers the dark secrets of the assassins and gains the help of Templars who notice how well he handles himself against them!

Namikaze_17
08-12-2014, 10:04 PM

Well then if we're saying that Connor and Haytham are like Luke and Darth vader yet you have a point.

Namikaze_17
08-12-2014, 10:06 PM

But that was only when the Emperor manipulated the hell outta him.
Anakin questioned, but the Emperor pushed it.

AherasSTRG
08-12-2014, 10:09 PM
But that was only when the Emperor manipulated the hell outta him.
Anakin questioned, but the Emperor pushed it.

Yeah. Actually Haytham is the Emperor (Grand Master Templar) and the end of the game goes something like this:

What if in Rogue, Shay has a love interest with a female Assassin, who he is forced to leave behind to pursue his quest for redemption? And at the end of the game he has a sword/fist fight with Achilles and Achilles manages to cut his arm off and immobilize him. And then he yells: "You were supposed to destroy the Templars, not join them! Bring balance to the world, not leave it in darkness!". Then, Shay shouts "I HATE YOU!" and Achilles talks about the brotherly bond between the two, but leaves Shay to die in the cold...

Haytham, however, retrieves the fainted Shay and tends to his wounds. When Shay wakes up 3 days later, he asks Haytham about his Assassin love interest and Haytham tells him that Shay had killed her along with the other Assassins without even realising it. Shay then stands up and yells

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

while destroying his bandages and bed sheets...

PS: I know I have been spamming the above post, but I just love it so much.

Namikaze_17
08-12-2014, 10:14 PM
@Ahe.

Meh......I doubt he would manipulate him. Use him perhaps, but not manipulate.

plus lol at your story.......pure gold! FIVE STARS!