PDA

View Full Version : Assassin’s Creed Rogue - Official World Premiere Cinematic Trailer

Pages : [1] 2

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 12:30 PM
New trailer leaked, will wait until the proper 5pm BST reveal.

It's not Connor, for those wondering. It is also a pirate game again it seems as one of the pre order packs is some sails and a wheel. November 11th is the release! Trailer here in 5 or so hours!

Snow confirmed? The trailer shows the main protagonist covered in snow.

Please don't look for the leak! The quality is horrible and you can hardly hear the VO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjSy5kF6io0&list=UU_fwlBSrMIfdb4Br2O_Fzlw

Kiltraki
08-05-2014, 12:31 PM
Literally a couple of minutes ago a trailer for Assassin's Creed Rogue was grabbed by a Chilean facebook page. Here is the trailer, recorded by "Major Assassin's Creed fans" before it was taken down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsXVUf35TSo

It's bad quality but the game clearly exists. Looks like the Templar Shay rumours are true. Also looks like snowy environments will see a return, along with the naval combat.

Releases November 11 for Xbox 360 and almost certainly for PS3. No news about PC though.

Remember that the true next gen AC experience this year is AC Unity. Do not expect this to be better than Unity in terms of gameplay, because this is last-gen exclusive. Unity is current-gen exclusive (Xbone, PS4, PC)

My thoughts? I will want to see gameplay, but it has sparked some intrigue. Unity is still my main focus but this definitely has got my attention.

What are your thoughts guys? :)

lothario-da-be
08-05-2014, 12:34 PM
You are a bit late too the party man, next time take a look at the active threads before making a new one.

Tully__
08-05-2014, 12:37 PM
Thanks for waiting :)

lothario-da-be
08-05-2014, 12:37 PM
We have been waiting for too long now.

Megas_Doux
08-05-2014, 12:43 PM
Now the PS2/Xbox game is the only one missing, I wonder where that will lead us.

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 12:43 PM
Thanks for waiting :)

No problem :)

We have been waiting for too long now.

Go outside and play :P its just a few more hours.

I'm wondering how they will top AC4 as a pirate game in terms of scale and content.

I heard rumours that this was set after AC4? So maybe Haytham could be in it as a side character?

lothario-da-be
08-05-2014, 12:45 PM

I'm wondering how they will top AC4 as a pirate game in terms of scale and content.

I heard rumours that this was set after AC4? So maybe Haytham could be in it as a side character?
Of course I can survive 5 more hours :p , I ment I am watching the leak no matter what, I have been waiting for this for months :p

Kiltraki
08-05-2014, 12:45 PM
lol my thread was made literally one minute after this, and yours wasn't taken down? I guess a minute really does make a difference lol. Anyway...

The game looks impressive, but it won't even compete with Unity. Still, interesting premise indeed, playing a Templar betraying the Assassin's. I hope the game isn't flooded with ship content though. It should have naval combat, but it can't forget that its an Assassin's Creed..

Mikeredmond
08-05-2014, 12:47 PM
just google Assassin's Creed Rogue Trailer and the video will come up

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 12:48 PM
lol my thread was made literally one minute after this, and yours wasn't taken down? I guess a minute really does make a difference lol. Anyway...

The game looks impressive, but it won't even compete with Unity. Still, interesting premise indeed, playing a Templar betraying the Assassin's. I hope the game isn't flooded with ship content though. It should have naval combat, but it can't forget that its an Assassin's Creed..

I think there have been about 4 so far but everything was linking to leaks which is a no no.

I don't think it will compete with Unity at all but its still nice they made its own game. To say it looks "impressive" though is really prejudgemental seeing as its a CGI trailer.

RinoTheBouncer
08-05-2014, 01:11 PM
I can’t freaking wait! watched the trailer and read the info. I’m so damn getting both Unity and Rogue. Thanks Ubisoft!

jayjay275
08-05-2014, 01:12 PM
Wait, where is this coming from? Whether what you speak of is true, 5 hours is nothing to wait, I'm currently playing AC3 and I thought it was morning and it's already 1PM.
Better damn be on PS4 if true.

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 01:16 PM
Wait, where is this coming from? Whether what you speak of is true, 5 hours is nothing to wait, I'm currently playing AC3 and I thought it was morning and it's already 1PM.

It leaked earlier today, no point watching it however. Its off Cam, cant really hear anything. I just skipped around the video, saw the protag with snow on him and skipped to the end of the video to see the release date etc.

Layytez
08-05-2014, 01:17 PM
I saw it say for 360.

Namikaze_17
08-05-2014, 01:22 PM

I don't know how this game can feature Haytham as a side character, or even having contact with Shay. He doesn't even hint or even mention coming in Contact by someone named Shay in forsaken.....that is if it was within the Timeskips or something. :rolleyes:

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 01:24 PM
I saw it say for 360.

It does but only cause of partnership with Microsoft. It is coming to PS3 too.

But back to Jays point, it probably will get a PS4 port with some better graphically thingies like AC4. Easy money for Ubi and Im sure even with the subtle graphic changes people would rather play it on PS4 than a PS3 or 360 etc.

Dag_B
08-05-2014, 01:26 PM
From the robe one of the characters in the Teaser is wearing it plays somewhere around Assassins Creed I.

Did I understand you correct? We already know that the Teaser will be revealed today in good quality? From where do we know this?

roostersrule2
08-05-2014, 01:27 PM
Holy **** yea, I don't come on here for like 2 days and this happens.

Radman500
08-05-2014, 01:28 PM
they lied about him being a templar

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 01:28 PM
From the robe one of the characters in the Teaser is wearing it plays somewhere around Assassins Creed I.

Did I understand you correct? We already know that the Teaser will be revealed today in good quality? From where do we know this?

Because it leaked today. Today is a Tuesday. Tuesday is Ubisofts happy day, and 5pm Is Ubisofts happy time :p

Holy **** yea, I don't come on here for like 2 days and this happens.

WHERE IS YOUR CONNUR NOW?! HAHHAHAAHWHWHHWAHHAHA HUEHEUEHEUY!!!!

nan_alin
08-05-2014, 01:30 PM
We can see in the trailer snow and a lot of maple leaf, so obviously the producer hints the game's location will be Canada.

Dag_B
08-05-2014, 01:30 PM
Thanks pac. :)
Sounds good, bugged me, that there is no proper sound in the leak. >_>

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 01:33 PM
Thanks pac. :)
Sounds good, bugged me, that there is no proper sound in the leak. >_>

There is sound but its just really hard to make out, which is why I put in the OP that there is no point searching for it as its bad quality

Lowly Assassin
08-05-2014, 01:35 PM
So you fans will only have 17days to 100% achievement w***e this out before unity
Let's hope its a short game

roostersrule2
08-05-2014, 01:36 PM
WHERE IS YOUR CONNUR NOW?! HAHHAHAAHWHWHHWAHHAHA HUEHEUEHEUY!!!!HAHAHAHAHHAH I DIDN'T EVEN REALISE THIS HAHAHAHA CORNER IS GONE LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Shay for president.

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 01:37 PM
So you fans will only have 17days to 100% achievement w***e this out before unity
Let's hope its a short game

Lets hope its not short. Why do we have to complete it before Unity? If people get both, they are allowed to play Rogue past Unity's release date haha

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 01:38 PM
HAHAHAHAHHAH I DIDN'T EVEN REALISE THIS HAHAHAHA CORNER IS GONE LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Shay for president.

I LOVE SHAY. Best thing to happen this year, Arno is great and all but. Good God, Shay. I can't even.
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/73514/muppet-show-o.gif

http://www.memecreator.org/static/images/memes/2989414.jpg

masterfenix2009
08-05-2014, 01:39 PM
Let's hope its a short game I'll probably finish it in 3 days. When AC2 came out, I 100% it in one night.

jayjay275
08-05-2014, 01:43 PM
It does but only cause of partnership with Microsoft. It is coming to PS3 too.

But back to Jays point, it probably will get a PS4 port with some better graphically thingies like AC4. Easy money for Ubi and Im sure even with the subtle graphic changes people would rather play it on PS4 than a PS3 or 360 etc.

Yup, that's what I'd like. :)

Which story will be canon then? Both? Or is one to be played before the other?

Dag_B
08-05-2014, 01:45 PM
There is sound but its just really hard to make out, which is why I put in the OP that there is no point searching for it as its bad quality
Yes, but I saw the video via Access the Animus because I could read your warning. Poor me. :rolleyes:

But even without sound there are interesting details. Templer symbols, Rogue has hidden blades, the white robe which is styled like Altairs... Preorder pack with ship items (-> ship combat).
What additional information do we need to know how the game will be? xD

Story? Different games, different protagonists, where do you see a conflict? It does not seem that Rogue will be after Arno, if that was your idea. The Assassins robe we see does not look like the robes they wear in Unity.

jayjay275
08-05-2014, 01:47 PM
Yes, but I saw the video via Access the Animus because I could read your warning. Poor me. :rolleyes:

But even without sound there are interesting details. Templer symbols, Rogue has hidden blades, the white robe which is styled like Altairs... Preorder pack with ship items (-> ship combat).

Thank you for the spoiler tags. I think I'm going to go dark for 4 hours. :-)

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 01:48 PM

That's... an interesting point. I wonder which one should be played before the other :S Never even crossed my mind.

The rumours about Shay were he turned Templar. Someone posted that the Templar outfit in AC4 looks like Shays, without the hood.

jeordievera
08-05-2014, 01:49 PM
Why do we have so many Rogue threads? I'm getting confused :rolleyes:

roostersrule2
08-05-2014, 01:49 PM
I LOVE SHAY. Best thing to happen this year, Arno is great and all but. Good God, Shay. I can't even.
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/73514/muppet-show-o.gif

http://www.memecreator.org/static/images/memes/2989414.jpgShay is so great, he must be an Auditore.

He has ridded the world of ****or, what a man.

xryanx28
08-05-2014, 01:50 PM
from my 5 second internet research I looked up the dlc fort ( fort de sable ) and it seems to be located off the coast of Canada http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Sable_Island

jeordievera
Shay must be great because he has a scar and a ponytail and we all know that's kickass!

pacmanate
Shay is so great, he must be an Auditore.

He has ridded the world of ****or, what a man.

http://www.memecreator.org/static/images/memes/2989431.jpg

jayjay275
08-05-2014, 01:53 PM
Damn, I miss Connor. Well, they better be saving his sequel for current gen then. I'm glad they've saved a possible Japan and Egypt setting rather than having it on last gen.

Radman500
08-05-2014, 01:57 PM
SO they lied about the protagonist being a templar in this game

jayjay275
08-05-2014, 01:58 PM

Shay is a templar, lol.

roostersrule2
08-05-2014, 01:58 PM
Shay is a Templar.

He's also not Connor.

Radman500
08-05-2014, 01:59 PM
Shay is a Templar.

He's also not Connor.
we dont know if the guy with the ponytail (i assume the protag) is shay

roostersrule2
08-05-2014, 02:01 PM
We know he's not Connor lololololol

RatonhnhakeFan
08-05-2014, 02:02 PM
We pretty much do, all the leaks this year are turning true

Dag_B
08-05-2014, 02:02 PM
If not, he's the Shay of our hearts. :o

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 02:03 PM
A reveal trailer not showing the protag... in what world would that make sense?

Even if that guy is not called Shay, he is the protag.

Radman500
08-05-2014, 02:05 PM
A reveal trailer not showing the protag... in what world would that make sense?

Even if that guy is not called Shay, he is the protag.
which one the ponytail guy shooting the assassin

RatonhnhakeFan
08-05-2014, 02:05 PM
Damn, I miss Connor. Well, they better be saving his sequel for current gen then.
It's not gonna happen. They're in the "newcomer friendly, new era, no need to know anything abut past" zone. Raton is now old news unfortunately, 3 more protagonists already followed and it seems like that their plan from now on, every time new hero so they have as little continuity as possible.

Dev_Anj
08-05-2014, 02:06 PM
This actually looks interesting, especially when I thought it was going to be a cash in. I'll still wait for gameplay news though.

Farlander1991
08-05-2014, 02:06 PM

a) What exactly points to a possibility of the protagonist not being a Templar? He's got Templar gear and kills an Assassin.
b) Why do you keep posting that in every thread?

joelsantos24
08-05-2014, 02:07 PM
New trailer leaked, will wait until the proper 5pm BST reveal.

It's not Connor, for those wondering. It is also a pirate game again it seems as one of the pre order packs is some sails and a wheel. November 11th is the release! Trailer here in 5 or so hours!

Snow confirmed? The trailer shows the main protagonist covered in snow.

Please don't look for the leak! The quality is horrible and you can hardly hear the VO.
So, it's official? More pirates? Excuse me a moment, while I slid my wrists. :(

RatonhnhakeFan
08-05-2014, 02:08 PM
This actually looks interesting, especially when I thought it was going to be a cash in. I'll still wait for gameplay news though.

It may still be cash in. Since the leaks are turning true, we can safely assume reused New York assets, reused ship sailing assets etc

Radman500
08-05-2014, 02:10 PM
so is this guy have a relation with Arno?

Lowly Assassin
Reminds me a lot of that Charles Lee fella
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121127150125/assassinscreed/images/3/39/ACIII-WtB_1.png
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121201163539/assassinscreed/images/3/30/ACIII-HideandSeek_7.png

Farlander1991
It may still be cash in. Since the leaks are turning true, we can safely assume reused New York assets, reused ship sailing assets etc

Brotherhood re-used TONS of Assassin's Creed 2 assets, and yet people didn't mind that.

As long as the game is quality, I don't think asset reuse is that big of a deal.

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 02:11 PM

Technically you could call AC:B and AC:R cash in's too. But that's not the interesting part. For me, the story could make this game sooooooo much more interesting that Unity.

Which is why im scared for Unity, all the extra stuff is nice but if the story sucks, the game sucks.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-05-2014, 02:13 PM
Technically you could call AC:B and AC:R cash in's too. But that's not the interesting part. For me, the story could make this game sooooooo much more interesting that Unity.

Which is why im scared for Unity, all the extra stuff is nice but if the story sucks, the game sucks.Since ACB was already mentioned, the story SUCKED. Killing Sunday-cartoon Borgias stretched for entire game, nothing interesting, nothing of consequence. But yes, the gameplay was great. So great gameplay CAN overcome story shortcomings.

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 02:16 PM
Since ACB was already mentioned, the story SUCKED. Killing Sunday-cartoon Borgias stretched for entire game, nothing interesting, nothing of consequence. But yes, the gameplay was great. So great gameplay CAN overcome story shortcomings.

Not to me, the gameplay sucked.

I actually liked AC:Bs story but gameplay in ACB was not special. The only 2 things I liked were the new kill chain thing (cause it looked cool) and the story.

But the story was short.

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 02:19 PM
Less than 3 hours to go? Sweet, sounds great. Too bad about Shay being a sailor/pirate though, was hoping for something a little more land based.

Unity's story still looks better so far though.

Kirokill
08-05-2014, 02:19 PM
So Shay rumors were true?(Didn't read the whole thread pages).
Also I don't like "Rouge" as the subtitle name.

hood3dassassin5
08-05-2014, 02:20 PM
FINALLY!! we got something!

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 02:29 PM
So Shay rumors were true?(Didn't read the whole thread pages).
Also I don't like "Rouge" as the subtitle name.

Neither do I, now when people say ACR no one will know what they are talking about :P

roostersrule2
08-05-2014, 02:32 PM
Neither do I, now when people say ACR no one will know what they are talking about :PThis has ruined ACR for me.

Namikaze_17
08-05-2014, 02:37 PM
Even though I'm personally disappointed in it not being about Connor and Eseosa.....I am indeed EXTREMELY excited for this game. FINALLY! A game that truly will represent the Templars and their beliefs.

MAY THE FATHER OF UNDERSTANDING GUIDE US THIS YEAR MY BROTHER AND SISTERS!

LatinaC09
08-05-2014, 02:39 PM
Assassin's Creed everywhere! I'm going to be gone for a month playing these games lol

joelsantos24
08-05-2014, 02:45 PM
You guys are seriously worried about the ambiguity of the terms?

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 02:48 PM
Why does he have a hood then?

Is he a spy?

The hair reminds me of Haytham, lol. But he looks asian.

jellejackhammer
08-05-2014, 02:51 PM

I he a spy?

and a hidden blade though he could have taken that from a killed assassin

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-05-2014, 02:53 PM
I don't believe anything until we hear official word from Ubi...

Namikaze_17
08-05-2014, 02:58 PM

Humble......I wanted Connor as much as the Next fan. But we gotta cut our losses and face the facts.

Today is not Connor's day......SOMEDAY, just not today.

*Reaches Shoulder*

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 03:00 PM
Rogue aint a Connor game, but depending on how long the game lasts we could see Connor?

I sort of hope not, because if Connor isn't in Comet then it's more likely he'll get another game, I hope.

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 03:02 PM
Not a fan of Shay's face or his overall design tbh. was hoping he'd have a templar design. *sigh*

I guess the assassin look sells.

Namikaze_17
08-05-2014, 03:03 PM

Is he a spy?

The hair reminds me of Haytham, lol. But he looks asian.

Yes....he does look kinda Asian?

Which is strange for someone rumored to be in the Caribbean or something. Plus, does anyone else find it weird that Shay and Shao Jun are almost alike? Especially considering he looks somewhat Asian?

I think I'm on to something....

jeordievera
08-05-2014, 03:04 PM
Not a fan of Shay's face or his overall design tbh. was hoping he'd have a templar design. *sigh*

I guess the assassin look sells.
Templars: ugly/sleazy guys (excluding Haytham coz y'know his dad was Ed)
Assassins: sex on legs

marvelfannumber
08-05-2014, 03:04 PM

I agree, my design was obviously far superior, definetly got that Templar part down y'know!

Then again, at first glance Haytham looked kind of Native American to me. Arno also looked kind of Arabic at first glance, so it might just be our eyes fooling us again.

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 03:06 PM
his giant gun is too bulky 4 mi

@jeo

yeah it is the robe that makes the man, lol

@namikaze

i dont think he's asian tho. I think he was said to be english

@marvel

ikr

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 03:06 PM

Still in denial about no Connor?

Which is strange for someone rumored to be in the Caribbean or something. Plus, does anyone else find it weird that Shay and Shao Jun are almost alike? Especially considering he looks somewhat Asian?

I think I'm on to something....

Rumoured to be in Canada, not the caribbean again.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-05-2014, 03:09 PM
Still in denial about no Connor?

Maybe, or the fact that you and some other people were having an O about it can tick people off.

Or the fact that I always don't believe anything until it's official.

Or the fact that Ubi wants to follow a boring path and make the same damn character every single game.

Or the fact that two games were created for two different characters.

Take your pick :rolleyes:

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 03:11 PM
Pac, don't egg her on.

marvelfannumber
08-05-2014, 03:14 PM
Or the fact that Ubi wants to follow a boring path and make the same damn character every single game.

We barely know anything about Arno or Shay at this point, we don't even know if the guy in the Rogue trailer is actually named Shay.

What a ridiculous statement.

LatinaC09
08-05-2014, 03:14 PM
Maybe, or the fact that you and some other people were having an O about it can tick people off.

Or the fact that I always don't believe anything until it's official.

You never know. Connor may make some sort of appearance in this game especially since it looks to be set in NA.

Namikaze_17
08-05-2014, 03:15 PM
@Mayrice.
Hmm. Maybe I should watch it again to see. But I am still curious about the similarity between him and Shao Jun .
Though.

@Pac.
Really? I can swear I've seen various Rumors saying he's from the Caribbean. And Canada? I'm sure the game may be there...but I'm 50/50 about it.

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 03:16 PM
The initial leaks said Shay was an English sailor who sails the atlantic.

I could totally see this guy killing Adewale.

Jexx21
Game is probably on the North Atlantic Coast in general. Will probably see the Gulf of St. Lawrence.

marvelfannumber
@Mayrice.
@Pac.
Really? I can swear I've seen various Rumors saying he's from the Caribbean. And Canada? I'm sure the game may be there...but I'm 50/50 about it.

Neither is correct the original Comet leak said it was set around New York and the Atlantic around 1758.

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 03:18 PM
@marvel

when was that deconfirmed? We don't know the time and location yet, do we? sailors can go to multiple areas...

Megas_Doux
08-05-2014, 03:18 PM
In which years the game is supposed to be set?????

Old rumours were something about 1754-1760, right?

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-05-2014, 03:19 PM
We barely know anything about Arno or Shay at this point, we don't even know if the guy in the Rogue trailer is actually named Shay.

What a ridiculous statement.

Arno so far was labeled as charismatic and whatnot so that much is clear.

About Shay, we don't know, true, but I can guarantee you who his personality is NOT gonna be like...

You never know. Connor may make some sort of appearance in this game especially since it looks to be set in NA.

True, but the fact that he got shafted out of a full game AGAIN... yeah...

marvelfannumber
08-05-2014, 03:20 PM
@marvel

when was that deconfirmed? We don't know the time and location yet, do we? sailors can go to multiple areas...

Huh? If I can recall the original leak said it was gonna be in New York and the atlantic ocean, sure it could be somewhere else too, but that's all we know so far (though the snowy area in the trailer could be in Canada, or Greenland if they are feiling ambitious.)

Arno so far was labeled as charismatic and whatnot so that much is clear.

About Shay, we don't know, true, but I can guarantee you who his personality is NOT gonna be like...

Ok so Arno being charismatic means.....what exactly? Does that mean Iron Man is the same as Spider-Man because they are also both charismatic? No, not really, also making assumptions to support your argument makes you look silly.

Kaschra
08-05-2014, 03:21 PM
YES YES YES FINALLY
And it really looks like we're going to play a Templar :D

SixKeys
08-05-2014, 03:23 PM
Man, I missed the leak. :(

I say we start shortening AC: Rogue to ACRO to distinguish it from ACR.

jeordievera
There still can be a game called Comet in development set in NY and the Atlantic Ocean..

SpiritOfNevaeh
YES YES YES FINALLY
And it really looks like we're going to play a Templar :D

Don't you think Templars should have their own game franchise though, or side franchise if that makes sense?

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 03:24 PM

1st point - It's funny cause you guys kept going deep into Noahs twitter and etc
2nd point - Same character every game? Um ,LOL?! Altair, Ezio, Connor, Edward are ALL different.
3rd point - So the fact that there are 2 games with different NEW protags is a problem? Thats a GOOD thing.

SixKeys
08-05-2014, 03:26 PM
Don't you think Templars should have their own game franchise though, or side franchise if that makes sense?

Please, no. They're already milking AC for all it's worth. Pretty soon they're gonna start running out of ideas for the main franchise, let alone stretching the same concept to a spinoff series.

marvelfannumber
There still can be a game called Comet in development set in NY and the Atlantic Ocean..

Mmmm that's unlikely, because the leak said it would be released for last-gen the same year as Unity (I really don't see them shoving out 3 games in 1 year).

Plus New York in 1758 would allow them to use all those unused assets for pre-Great Fire New York they had made for AC3.

pacmanate

Nope. Comet was a code name.

Also this is rumoured to be set around Canada. If there was another game set in NY they would have 3 games in and around America

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-05-2014, 03:28 PM
1st point - It's funny cause you guys kept going deep into Noahs twitter and etc
2nd point - Same character every game? Um ,LOL?! Altair, Ezio, Connor, Edward are ALL different.
3rd point - So the fact that there are 2 games with different NEW protags is a problem? Thats a GOOD thing.

1. So what?
2. You know what I meant, as in charismatic and such.
3. And I bet you they're both gonna be a charismatic character...

Three games in a year? lol Doubt it.

Jexx21
Rogue probably does have New York as a city you can go to though.

ACfan443

I've seen you imply that Arno's an Ezio clone in multiple threads and it's getting annoying. You haven't played the game nor have you seen enough of his character to make such unsubstantiated assumptions.

poptartz20
08-05-2014, 03:30 PM
Dafuq... Gone for 2 days and BAM. Well. looks like we are getting some answers at least! woo!

do we have any official dates of where the game is set. I've read America again and yet I'm seeing Canada? Also not to mention, what is the historical bas in Canada around this time?

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 03:30 PM
1. So what?
2. You know what I meant, as in charismatic and such.

1. Cause it was funny, reading too much into things that meant nothing.
2. No I do not know what you mean. Altair was a stubborn ***, Ezio was charasmatic, Connor was Connor, Edward was Selfish. We don't know about Arno or Shay?

marvelfannumber
08-05-2014, 03:31 PM

I bet Shay is gonna be an uber serious Batman style character. Neither bet is more correct because we don't know anything yet

So please stop with this nonsense, thank you. :)

jayjay275
Now that I think about it, I'd really rather have a Connor sequel. He is an awesome character and to me stands out from the other assassins. I still don't know whether Connor or Ezio is my favourite, but I want another Connor game.

JustPlainQuirky
I want to see Haytham again is all. *cries manly tears*

I hope he and Shay get along if they do.

I'll sail poorly when he's around so Connor looks good in comparison.

poptartz20
Oh! and I don't know if anyone has seen this but here are screen shots.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.534670816633832.1073741963.340276136073302&type=1

I hope he and Shay get along if they do.

I DO TO RICE. ;_; Just one more time... #AC3FOREVAR

ACfan443
08-05-2014, 03:33 PM
I bet Shay is gonna be an uber serious Batman style character. Neither bet is more correct because we don't know anything yet

Don't attempt to reason with a Connor fan, you'll just be labelled a troll.

jayjay275
08-05-2014, 03:34 PM

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.534670816633832.1073741963.340276136073302&type=1

Oh, pretty cool images, but after strong demand for a Connor sequel Ubisoft create another character, who isn't even an assassin?

marvelfannumber
08-05-2014, 03:34 PM

Yup I have seen them, as well as a poor quality version of the video it's from, but the audio in that video is horrendus so y'know.

Ain't stopped me before ;)

I still crave an adaptation of Forsaken to be made!

Reptilis91
08-05-2014, 03:37 PM
Dafuq... Gone for 2 days and BAM. Well. looks like we are getting some answers at least! woo!

do we have any official dates of where the game is set. I've read America again and yet I'm seeing Canada? Also not to mention, what is the historical bas in Canada around this time?

Probably Nova Scotia and Newfoundland area.

SpiritOfNevaeh
I've seen you imply that Arno's an Ezio clone in multiple threads and it's getting annoying. You haven't played the game nor have you seen enough of his character to make such unsubstantiated assumptions.

*sigh*... Not the same as Ezio, just as charismatic! Don't have to play a different game to know what charismatic means.

1. Cause it was funny, reading too much into things that meant nothing.
2. No I do not know what you mean. Altair was a stubborn ***, Ezio was charasmatic, Connor was Connor, Edward was Selfish. We don't know about Arno or Shay?

So just because we might have read too hard into something, you find that funny? Now I find THAT funny..

I'm sure he probably will, because he's .... charismatic

pacmanate
http://www.memecreator.org/static/images/memes/2989769.jpg

poptartz20
08-05-2014, 03:38 PM
@jayjay Ohh.. I know. but then again we have to think that ubisoft is on a totally different schedule. so Comet has probably been in the works for like 5 years haha... but really I wish they would at least do a comic or something. gah. but this isn't about connor. it's Shay! woo! I'm still happy to see a game for last gen. Looks like I'll be playing both this holiday season! :)

Yup I have seen them, as well as a poor quality version of the video it's from, but the audio in that video is horrendus so y'know.

Ain't stopped me before ;)

Haha! True story!

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 03:39 PM

Explain cause this is just non-sense. In your eyes you seem to have a real clear cut of personalities.

Charismatic and Connor, whatever that is.

You have weird tunnel vision.

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 03:39 PM

eh?

To be fair, you guys are ganging up on her and there were multiple people mocking people who wanted the game to be about Connor. Not to mention that the quoted post is a direct insult to anyone who is a Connor fan.

Quite frankly, your comments are hurtful and you should probably think more about what you say before you say it.

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 03:40 PM
I wonder who Shay's crew/buddies will be.

Tho gone rogue does kind of imply a loner, no?

but he needs a ship crew at least...hm..

marvelfannumber
08-05-2014, 03:41 PM

Wait, so you've already played Rogue and seen videos with audible voices? GREAT SCOTT! Can I borrow you time machine plz?

eh?

To be fair, you guys are ganging up on her and there were multiple people mocking people who wanted the game to be about Connor. Not to mention that the quoted post is a direct insult to anyone who is a Connor fan.

Quite frankly, your comments are hurtful and you should probably think more about what you say before you say it.

To be fair, Connor fans have ganged up on me too, and while I am completely against any personal insults, this stuff always happens on the internet unfortunatly.

OpenWorldGame
Holy cow! Can't wait for this. I love the idea of taking a ship through ice infested waters. That'll be a different experience.

And of course, playing as a Termplar will be awesome as well. I loved Haytham from AC3. I thought his character (personally) was in some ways better than Connor. Can't wait!

RzaRecta357
Oh man I'm excited. A Templar with a different name that kicks assassin ***? Hopefully he kicks a lot of assassin butt. Curious if they'll release a better graphic'd version on PS4 the way they did with ACIV.

Like should us PS4 users just wait a few months incase it's announced later down the road or what? I know I won't be able to like an idiot. Probably play this a lot while my friends are busy and we can't play Unity.

Wonder if if it's going to have our classic MP modes since Unity won't.

SpiritOfNevaeh
Explain cause this is just non-sense. In your eyes you seem to have a real clear cut of personalities.

Charismatic and Connor, whatever that is.

You have weird tunnel vision.

In other words, why does a character have to be charismatic to be liked? It gets boring after a while, no matter what kind of personality they have.

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 03:42 PM
eh?

Soo using logic is ganging up? Oki doki. Personally I dont see what I said to her was hurtful.

RinoTheBouncer
The leaked synopsis claims that the game takes place around the atlantic and the arctic and it’s somewhat similar to ACIV in terms of having the gameplay split between ground and waters and there’s a Templar whom we see in the end presumable killing an Assassin. This reminds of me ACIV when we kill an Assassin and steal his outfit at the beginning only to end up being an Assassin in the end. So perhaps this Templar will suddenly stumble upon an interesting revelation and eventually goes “Rogue” against the Templars.

I wonder what period are we in. I mean there are pistols so it can’t be too far in history but that still doesn’t confirm exactly when.

RzaRecta357
Also, Rogue. As in Rogue Templar that turns assassin with Connors help? :P.

SHADOWGARVIN
08-05-2014, 03:43 PM
Oh man I'm excited. A Templar with a different name that kicks assassin ***? Hopefully he kicks a lot of assassin butt. Curious if they'll release a better graphic'd version on PS4 the way they did with ACIV.

Like should us PS4 users just wait a few months incase it's announced later down the road or what? I know I won't be able to like an idiot. Probably play this a lot while my friends are busy and we can't play Unity.

It's a last gen exclusive.

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 03:43 PM
In other words, why does a character have to be charismatic to be liked? It gets boring after a while, no matter what kind of personality they have.

Joel isn't charismatic in TLoU and I love his character.
Snake isn't charismatic in MGS and I love his character.

SHADOWGARVIN
08-05-2014, 03:44 PM
The leaked synopsis claims that the game takes place around the atlantic and the arctic and it’s somewhat similar to ACIV in terms of having the gameplay split between ground and waters and there’s a Templar whom we see in the end presumable killing an Assassin. This reminds of me ACIV when we kill an Assassin and steal his outfit at the beginning only to end up being an Assassin in the end. So perhaps this Templar will suddenly stumble upon an interesting revelation and eventually goes “Rogue” against the Templars.

I wonder what period are we in. I mean there are pistols so it can’t be too far in history but that still doesn’t confirm exactly when.

It would explain the name. I like your idea.

pacmanate
It's a last gen exclusive.

We don't know that. Liberation was "vita" exclusive then came to PC and PS3/60

I am certain that Rogue will get a PS4/X1 port with updated mini graphical improvements for the cash grab.

RzaRecta357
Heh. Liberation was a vita exclusive. See what I'm saying?

LatinaC09

Wonder if if it's going to have our classic MP modes since Unity won't.

Will he be a Templar though? Maybe he'll simply just be a rogue assassin or someone who conforms to neither side. Just my speculation lol

SixKeys
08-05-2014, 03:45 PM
char-is-mat-ic

a special personal quality or power of an individual making him capable of influencing or inspiring large numbers of people

a quality inherent in a thing which inspires great enthusiasm and devotion

By this definition Connor could be seen as charismatic as well, since he single-handedly revived the assassin brotherhood in America. OMG Connor is such an Ezio clone!!!1 :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 03:45 PM
@open

I associate ships + ice with vikings.

Megas_Doux
08-05-2014, 03:46 PM
One could say both Haytham and Ezio are charismatic and yet, they are COMPLETELY different!!! I like Connor, but his reception was the worst amongst all the protagonists, that HAS to be accepted by his fans and stop turning EVERY thread into a discussion about him...

IT IS GETTING REALLY OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GEEEEEEEEZ!!!!!

jayjay275
If we're playing as a Templar, then... I will be disappointed. We already had 4 Sequences of that in AC3, and it dragged on for me. It couldn't have been dealt by shortening some of the missions, but maybe that's just me. Personally, Assassin's Creed is about playing as an Assassin rather than a Templar. ._.

RzaRecta357
Will he be a Templar though? Maybe he'll simply just be a rogue assassin or someone who conforms to neither side. Just my speculation lol

Haha yeah I'm leaning that way. I just don't see why an Templar would Rock the hood. He's for the who getup on. He's gonna switch sides somewhere or something.

SHADOWGARVIN
We don't know that. Liberation was "vita" exclusive then came to PC and PS3/60

I am certain that Rogue will get a PS4/X1 port with updated mini graphical improvements for the cash grab.

That took a couple of years! I'm not waiting years to play this game, if i can play it right away on ps3.
I hope you're right and that the game will also be released on ps4. I would rather buy the game on ps4 than ps3.

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 03:48 PM
@rza

could be he dresses like an assassin to spy on assassins.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-05-2014, 03:49 PM
Joel isn't charismatic in TLoU and I love his character.
Snake isn't charismatic in MGS and I love his character.

Bad comparison.. those are two characters in an entirely different universe.

And if you mentioned them, then what's your excuse?

On topic: Anyway, I believe the trailer when I see it. Anyone could say that they posted it and it was taken down and it was already down. The truth will be revealed soon.

Also, Rogue. As in Rogue Templar that turns assassin with Connors help? :P.

char-is-mat-ic

a special personal quality or power of an individual making him capable of influencing or inspiring large numbers of people

a quality inherent in a thing which inspires great enthusiasm and devotion

By this definition Connor could be seen as charismatic as well, since he single-handedly revived the assassin brotherhood in America. OMG Connor is such an Ezio clone!!!1 :rolleyes:

Lolz, nice one.

marvelfannumber
@rza

could be he dresses like an assassin to spy on assassins.

Or maybe he just stole their gear and used them as souvenirs of his kills? Kinda like Zsaz from Batman.

poptartz20
gahh... are we really going to to this. -_-

@ pac there were actually many people that didn't like Joel's character because he didn't have much "personality" so it's really subjective in terms of whom is "charismatic"

I liked Connor and Joel. but some people don't hey, whatever floats your boat.

CoachAssassin
Holy ****, doesn't he look like a younger version of Haytham O_O?

Jexx21
Can't wait for the Rogue trailer.

SixKeys
If we're playing as a Templar, then... I will be disappointed. We already had 4 Sequences of that in AC3, and it dragged on for me. It couldn't have been dealt by shortening some of the missions, but maybe that's just me. Personally, Assassin's Creed is about playing as an Assassin rather than a Templar. ._.

The word "rogue" implies to me that Shay (or whatever his name is) is an assassin gone rogue, kind of like Vali cel Tradat in ACR. I'm guessing he either starts off as a Templar and then turns assassin by the end, or the other way around.

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 03:50 PM
An Assassin that converts to templar philosophies....

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/591/928/94f.png

Mr.GoodKall
08-05-2014, 03:51 PM
Ubisoft commented on this saying "we dont comment on rumors and speculation" lol. But if this is true, how much you guys wanna bet this will be ported to new gen later in the year

marvelfannumber
On topic: Anyway, I believe the trailer when I see it. Anyone could say that they posted it and it was taken down and it was already down. The truth will be revealed soon.

You do realize that you can see that trailer, in fact I have seen it and several other people have seen it too. It's simply to good to be faked at this point. I mean that rumor about the name change from Comet to Rogue was.....what a few weeks ago? And some guy had the time to make that trailer in such a short time span?

Very unlikely...

Xangr8
Talking about Haytham meeting Shay...we didn't hear any mention of Shay in Haytham journal (Forsaken)...

Reptilis91
08-05-2014, 03:52 PM
Actually we can see maple leaves that confirms even more Canada.

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 03:53 PM
Talking about Haytham meeting Shay...we didn't hear any mention of Shay in Haytham journal (Forsaken)...

Connor could have skimmed over those pages or they could have been ommited from the journal for secrecy's sake. :p

Besides Forsaken has been retconned before.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-05-2014, 03:53 PM
You do realize that you can see that trailer, in fact I have seen it and several other people have seen it too. It's simply to good to be faked at this point. I mean that rumor about the name change from Comet to Rogue was.....what a few weeks ago? And some guy had the time to make that trailer in such a short time span?

Very unlikely...

You never know. We almost fell for other ones (Great Fall, some English assassin) lol

poptartz20
08-05-2014, 03:54 PM

Actually ... this I don't remember. I feel like I need to take a look at this again .

aL_____eX
08-05-2014, 03:54 PM
Hmmm... I don't know what to think about this leak. I'm not excited at all. There's not much information about the game yet, but it doesn't look too interesting and I hope the naval mechanics won't play a main role again. And the whole Shay thing... another game like ACIII with North America as a setting? The second try to make people happy with it? I mean, I love every AC game until now, but ACIII was just rushed to make money and fit the interests in a Revolution setting. The idea was brilliant but it was ridiculously executed.

I thought I would be like "YEAAAAAAAAAH!!" when the last AC for current/last gen is announced, but now... :( Let's wait for gamescom and some official stuff about the game, but right now I'm pretty disappointed.

Megas_Doux
08-05-2014, 03:55 PM
By Horus!!!!!

Rogue is here and it is NOT about the character you like, get over it....

JustPlainQuirky
I better be able to raid ships of their maple syrup.

marvelfannumber
You never know. We almost fell for other ones (Great Fall, some English assassin) lol

True, but the thing about those was, Great Fall was an obvious re-used audio clip from Revelations and some text with the Abstergo logo in the background and the Samuel Fey thing was just text, both which could be possibile to fake. None of these were CG, with new character models, new enviroments etc.

EDIT: AHA! Looks like I win automatically. How grand!

aL_____eX
08-05-2014, 03:59 PM
And to everyone saying the character looks like a younger version of Haytham: Did you guys watch the same trailer I watched?

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 04:00 PM
By Horus!!!!!

Rogue is here and it is NOT about the character you like, get over it....
pretty sure Humble is more angry about the way people are insulting her and other Connor fans rather than the lack of Connor itself.

ze_topazio
08-05-2014, 04:00 PM
No doubt, that mofo is a former Assassin that converted and he's going on an Assassin hunt, let's hope the game climax is the attack on the Homestead with Haytham and company, after that the story jumps years in to the future and we have an epilogue with Connor killing an old Shay.

People disappointed with it not being a Connor sequel.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/f8e9733fe883ee6c78b92b383acf9765/tumblr_n9nlrcqtn51tf6v6eo1_500.gif

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 04:03 PM
gahh... are we really going to to this. -_-

@ pac there were actually many people that didn't like Joel's character because he didn't have much "personality" so it's really subjective in terms of whom is "charismatic"

I liked Connor and Joel. but some people don't hey, whatever floats your boat.

I didn't say people didn't like charismatic characters, i was saying that I do like non charismatic characters. I don't just like characters with charisma was my point :p

prince162010
08-05-2014, 04:05 PM
He is James Kenway , Edward's father :p

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10553426_670143556411771_3443530980172760313_n.jpg ?oh=a789b3df510b28a7c1f2876e87dae368&oe=543CCF56&__gda__=1415159263_7ac7d3d25cd07d49b6ed2176bb0c386 b

lothario-da-be
08-05-2014, 04:12 PM
No doubt, that mofo is a former Assassin that converted and he's going on an Assassin hunt, let's hope the game climax is the attack on the Homestead with Haytham and company, after that the story jumps years in to the future and we have an epilogue with Connor killing an old Shay.

People disappointed with it not being a Connor sequel.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/f8e9733fe883ee6c78b92b383acf9765/tumblr_n9nlrcqtn51tf6v6eo1_500.gif
THAT would be awesome, it would also be the ultimate pay-off for previous gen ac games.

Megas_Doux
08-05-2014, 04:14 PM
pretty sure Humble is more angry about the way people are insulting her and other Connor fans rather than the lack of Connor itself.

It is the over, UBER, EXCESSIVE, ANNOYING spamming that has plagued the forums since early 2013 more than anythng else. Hey, like Connor, but I already accepted he is not getting a sequel anytime soon due to him being the most disliked main protagonist so far! And there is also the fact some Connor fans are saying "ubi makes the same characters" , "Edward will be another Ezio, bu bu bu, Arno will be another Ezio, bu bu bu, Shay or whatever his name is, will be another Ezio, bu bu bu", that is getting OLD

killzab
08-05-2014, 04:32 PM
To Connor's fans :

Deal with it

Game looks lazy anyway

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 04:37 PM
Game looks lazy anyway

How so? Graphically?

I wasnt happy about New York seeing as AC3 had the worst parkour building structures ever but its "reimagined" which hopefully means "more dense", like the AC4 team said they did with Kingston and Havana.

Andddd speaking of New York, I just remembered how bad the frame rate was on PS3 and 360 for the cities in AC3 :\

Mr.GoodKall
08-05-2014, 04:48 PM
If this leak is true and it is coming to last gen, it will deff be ported to new gen within a yr

http://venturebeat.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/ac-rogue.jpg?w=780&h=9999&crop=

poptartz20
08-05-2014, 04:48 PM
I felt that AC4 on PS3 was graphically on par with AC3. So I don't see how it's lazy either?

unless you mean rehashing out new york again being lazy. I like the fact they are making it more dense which is what people wanted anyways since the cities in AC3 were hard to do parkour in.

I was fine with the original but I do understand the complaint.

I didn't say people didn't like charismatic characters, i was saying that I do like non charismatic characters. I don't just like characters with charisma was my point :p

Ahh! Gotcha! :D

jayjay275
08-05-2014, 04:49 PM
How so? Graphically?

I wasnt happy about New York seeing as AC3 had the worst parkour building structures ever but its "reimagined" which hopefully means "more dense", like the AC4 team said they did with Kingston and Havana.

Andddd speaking of New York, I just remembered how bad the frame rate was on PS3 and 360 for the cities in AC3 :\

And how horrible it looked as well. The viewpoint synchronisation showed off the aliasing so well.

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 04:53 PM
Can people please stop posting off screen screenshots from the trailer, you will all see it in 7 minutes

killzab
08-05-2014, 04:54 PM
It's lazy because they made a game that would use as many existing assets as possible. They're reusing the same time period AGAIN, the same city ... Even the hood's got the exact same shape as Edward's and the soldiers in the screenshots look the same as the ones in ACIV'.

Mr.GoodKall
08-05-2014, 04:54 PM
Can people please stop posting off screen screenshots from the trailer, you will all see it in 7 minutes

will you post it on this forum?

ze_topazio
08-05-2014, 04:56 PM
Anakin Skywalker approves of Shay.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrqcu6TNgX1r2v6tdo1_500.gif

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 05:00 PM
will you post it on this forum?

Updating OP when it comes out, which should be now

Locopells
08-05-2014, 05:01 PM

And I put it in the OP for ya!

Xstantin
It's lazy because they made a game that would use as many existing assets as possible. They're reusing the same time period AGAIN, the same city ... Even the hood's got the exact same shape as Edward's and the soldiers in the screenshots look the same as the ones in ACIV'.

Think of it as a side game, and you'll feel better :) "lazy" is not the best way to address it

pacmanate
And just as I was about to update the OP, Loco was doing it at the same time haha. I love Shays voice!

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 05:02 PM

sdflkjasdlkfhzkfhdskzjhfasjdhfkljads

MY BODY WASNT READY

edit: dat accent doe

Locopells
08-05-2014, 05:02 PM
And just as I was about to update the OP, Loco was doing it at the same time haha. I love Shays voice!

Think fast!

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-05-2014, 05:03 PM
Nice trailer!

Sushiglutton
08-05-2014, 05:04 PM
Not coming to PC? Aaand I'm out :)

pacmanate
The real question is, why did he use a bullet.

Mr.GoodKall
this better be out for PC also. I am not purchasing a last gen system again just for this game. Trailer looks bad *** though

jayjay275
08-05-2014, 05:05 PM
Neither coming to PS4. I'm not sure about this.

Megas_Doux
Irish accent, is it not?

JustPlainQuirky
UPDATE:

The description says his name is officially "SHAY CORMAC"

Omigod yes.

prince162010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjSy5kF6io0

Sushiglutton
08-05-2014, 05:08 PM
The real question is, why did he use a bullet.

Because he is a HUNTER!!!!

Neither coming to PS4. I'm not sure about this.

I'm sure it will come out on PC/PS4/X1 eventually, like they did with Liberation. It means there's zero chance I'll get it at launch though.

jeordievera
08-05-2014, 05:16 PM
The trailer is lame, dunno how to feel about this but so far I am not very impressed.

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 05:16 PM
Wait? Rogue isn't coming to PC????????

I don't HAVE a last gen console

http://www.elle.com/cm/elle/images/3r/Cryinggifs_01_1.gif

RagingDragon14
08-05-2014, 05:19 PM
The inevitable AC Rogue HD remaster is probably the one that's going to come to PS4/XB1/PC.

killzab
08-05-2014, 05:19 PM
Wait? Rogue isn't coming to PC????????

I don't HAVE a last gen console

http://www.elle.com/cm/elle/images/3r/Cryinggifs_01_1.gif

It's being made by AC Sofia so you're probably not missing out too much

TheHumanTowel
08-05-2014, 05:20 PM
That accent will grate my brain.

Locopells
08-05-2014, 05:22 PM
It's being made by AC Sofia so you're probably not missing out too much

Difference this time is that the systems that will be used have already been created and finished, as opposed to ACIII/ACIII:L which were done side by side,

aL_____eX
08-05-2014, 05:23 PM
http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/de-DE/game/assassins-creed/ac/acrogue-gi-01_161299.jpg
Are those guys french? They look like the guards in Freedom Cry.

RagingDragon14
08-05-2014, 05:24 PM
They look French.

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 05:27 PM
Where's that new screen from?

adventurewomen
08-05-2014, 05:38 PM
Assassin's Creed Rouge?

This game should be named Templar's Creed Rouge

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 05:39 PM
http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/de-DE/game/assassins-creed/ac/acrogue-gi-01_161299.jpg
Are those guys french? They look like the guards in Freedom Cry.

He's so....so......

devilishly handsome >u<

Xstantin
08-05-2014, 05:40 PM
Assassin's Creed Rouge?

This game should be named Templar's Creed Rouge

He's a former assassin, makes sense.

aL_____eX
08-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Where's that new screen from?
From the official german AC website.

Here are some more:
http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/de-DE/game/assassins-creed/ac/acrogue-gi-02_161295.jpg

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/de-DE/game/assassins-creed/ac/acrogue-gi-03_161296.jpg
And here's one of the Collector's Edition:
http://drh1.img.digitalriver.com/DRHM/Storefront/Company/ubi/images/screenshots/ACRO_SCREEN_00_DE.jpg

@Mayrice: The new ship definitely looks like the Jackdaw a bit. At least the ship type is most likely the same, which would be awful...

lothario-da-be
08-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Cool trailer, but...
Kinda strange they didn't show any gameplay, this game launches in 3 months, you would kinda expect that they want to market it descently in those brief 3 months.

adventurewomen
08-05-2014, 05:43 PM
He's a former assassin, makes sense.
I really don't know much about the guy since I've been out of the loop on AC news recently, so bare with me.

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 05:46 PM
From the official german AC website.

Here are some more:
http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/de-DE/game/assassins-creed/ac/acrogue-gi-02_161295.jpg

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/de-DE/game/assassins-creed/ac/acrogue-gi-03_161296.jpg
And here's one of the Collector's Edition:
http://drh1.img.digitalriver.com/DRHM/Storefront/Company/ubi/images/screenshots/ACRO_SCREEN_00_DE.jpg

@Mayrice: The new ship definitely looks like the Jackdaw a bit. At least the ship type is most likely the same, which would be awful...

really nice screens. Wish I could get this game.

Xstantin
08-05-2014, 05:47 PM
really nice screens. Wish I could get this game.

Same here, I miss winter in AC.

aL_____eX
08-05-2014, 05:48 PM
Cool trailer, but...
Kinda strange they didn't show any gameplay, this game launches in 3 months, you would kinda expect that they want to market it descently in those brief 3 months.
That's up to come at gamescom. Ubisoft better be fast with their gameplay reveal preparations...

By the way, I'm not 100% convinced yet but... must... not... buy... Collector's Edition. :nonchalance:

Jexx21
I'm sure Unity will have winter.

JustPlainQuirky
Cool trailer, but...

agreed.

we need gameplay. stat.

Wolfmeister1010
08-05-2014, 05:49 PM
Oy. Finally came back.. and to this!!!! NICE. Guess the rumors were all true. GIMME CONNOR

jayjay275
08-05-2014, 05:52 PM
Why isn't it on PC?

lothario-da-be
08-05-2014, 05:54 PM
Why isn't it on PC?
The comet man has a mac, so they couldn't make it for pc users.

aL_____eX
08-05-2014, 05:55 PM
Here are some more excerpts from the Assassin's Creed Website:

18th century, North America. Amidst the chaos and violence of the French and Indian War, Shay Patrick Cormac, a fearless young member of the Brotherhood of Assassins, undergoes a dark transformation that will forever shape the future of the American colonies. After a dangerous mission gone tragically wrong, Shay turns his back on the Assassins who, in response, attempt to end his life. Cast aside by those he once called brothers, Shay sets out on a mission to wipe out all who turned against him and ultimately become the most feared Assassin hunter in history.

Introducing Assassin’s Creed® Rogue, the darkest chapter in the Assassin’s Creed franchise yet. As Shay, you will experience the slow transformation from Assassin to Assassin Hunter. Follow your own creed and set off on an extraordinary journey through New York City, the wild river valley, and far away to the icy cold waters of the North Atlantic in pursuit of your ultimate goal - bringing down the Assassins for good.

For the first time ever, experience the Assassin’s Creed universe from the perspective of a Templar. Play as Shay, who, in addition to the deadly skills of a Master Assassin, also possesses never before seen skills and weapons:

Equip Shay’s deadly air rifle for both short and long range combat. Distract, eliminate, or confuse your enemies by using a variety of ammunition, including specialized bullets and grenades

Protect yourself from hidden Assassins with your enhanced eagle vision. Constantly assess your surroundings and detect Assassins hiding in the shadows, on rooftops, and in the crowds

Witness Shay’s transformation from an adventurous Assassin to a grim and committed Templar willing to hunt down his former brothers. Experience first-hand the events that will lead Shay down a dark path and set him on a course that will forever change the fate of the Assassin Brotherhood.

Cast off in your ship, The Morrigan, and fight your way through the icy seas of the North Atlantic and the narrow waters of America’s river valleys. Assassin’s Creed® Rogue builds on the award winning naval experience from Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag™ with all new gameplay including:

New enemy tactics: Defend yourself from Assassins as they attempt to board your ship and overthrow your crew. Fight them off quickly to avoid losing too many crew members.

New weapons: Including burning oil, which leaves a trail of fire behind to burn enemy ships, and the puckle gun, capable of delivering continuous machine-gun-like fire.

An arctic world full of possibilities: Ram through ice sheets to discover hidden locations and use icebergs as cover during naval battles.

The bold things seem to be very promising if well executed.

Aphex_Tim
08-05-2014, 05:56 PM
Cool trailer, but...

I've a feeling this is going to be a smaller, maybe even less significant game. Brotherhood length.
Almost a spin-off since we'll be playing as a Templar.

Fatal-Feit
08-05-2014, 05:57 PM
I just got back from work. Time to give my opinion on this.

First of all, WDF. No PC release?!?! This HAS to be a timed exclusive. It's not that I don't own both an Xbox 360 and a PS3, I just don't prefer 3rd party games on them. They run terribly. AC:3's FPS was atrocious and AC:IV downgraded a lot of its graphics for playability. I also hate finishing an entire sandwich while the game loads a freaking map.

Whatever, that's enough of that. Here's my likings. --If that's even a word.

1. Templar. Oh man, I absolutely loved the Templar robe in AC:IV. I'm glad they brought it back and gave it a hood. I'm also curious to see the conflicts between creeds from a Templar point of view.

2. Was that a blunderbuss or a musket? Whatever the case is, I welcome its return. Freedom Cry's double kills were AWEEEEESOME.

3. I LOVE THE SETTING. It's a great place to finish off naval gameplay.

jayjay275
08-05-2014, 05:58 PM
I don't think we'll see modern day in this game for some reason.

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 05:58 PM
I wonder who would win in a naval fight...Edward or Shay...

@jayjay

I was sure we would until I saw it was developed by Sofia.

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 05:59 PM
Oy. Finally came back.. and to this!!!! NICE. Guess the rumors were all true. GIMME CONNOR

Connor isnt in AC rogue.

Xstantin
08-05-2014, 05:59 PM
I've a feeling this is going to be a smaller, maybe even less significant game. Brotherhood length.

That's the vibe I'm getting too. Still something though:)

lothario-da-be
08-05-2014, 06:00 PM
I will be happy if it is as good and big as ACB or ACR, but Rogue gives me the feeling it's even smaller and less significant.

Sushiglutton
Why isn't it on PC?

I dunno. Maybe they don't want to block Unity sales. Or perhaps they don't want to "favour" any platform or something. Meh

Wolfmeister1010
Shay kills Ade and meets Haytham. Shay is the reason for the fall of the brotherhood in AC3. Later, He leaves for a bit but comes back to kill Connor wen he realizes the brotherhood isn't dead. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Those screens are nice. Totally crap last gen grphx but hey lol what did we expect? Looks good. Like the Assassin hunter theme.

Wolfmeister1010
08-05-2014, 06:02 PM
Connor isnt in AC rogue.

He isn't the protagonist..but is it confirmed he is not in the game AT ALL?

poptartz20
08-05-2014, 06:02 PM
I'm curious as to what all goes on in this game. interesting turn of events.

marvelfannumber
08-05-2014, 06:04 PM
Shay kills Ade and meets Haytham. Shay is the reason for the fall of the brotherhood in AC3. Later, He leaves for a bit but comes back to kill Connor wen he realizes the brotherhood isn't dead. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Yeah sure, if you wanna see Connor fighting an 80 year old Irishman :rolleyes:

SHADOWGARVIN
I liked the trailer, but i want to see some gameplay footage. I wasn't a big fan of new york in ac3 though. I hope this version is better.

Jexx21
The game takes place in the Seven Years' War. Shay ain't encountering Connor. Connor would have heard about Shay and would have killed him.

Wouldn't surprise me if Achilles kills Shay or something.

Also, I love how the AC site's section for Rogue has info for Unity at the bottom of it. :P

aL_____eX
I'm still not sure how there can be two parallel or nearly parallel stories (in terms of the time the game plays at) with ACIII and AC:Rogue and we never heard any word about this guy called Shay in ACIII? Let's see how and if Ubisoft can connect both.

jayjay275
08-05-2014, 06:05 PM
Not interested in playing as a Templar, I think I might wait or see how reviews turn out for Rogue.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-05-2014, 06:05 PM
He isn't the protagonist..but is it confirmed he is not in the game AT ALL?

Nothing yet. All we can do is wait for more info as always.

Besides, the game takes place in the Seven Years War when Connor was a child. And depending how long it will go, we may or may not see him.

I'm still not sure how there can be two parallel or nearly parallel stories (in terms of the time the game plays at) with ACIII and AC:Rogue and we never heard any word about this guy called Shay in ACIII? Let's see how and if Ubisoft can connect both.

I know right? I'm confused as heck myself, since this is apparently a BRAND NEW character.

lothario-da-be
08-05-2014, 06:06 PM
I could see Ubi giving rogue Connor dlc though, there is so much demand for Connor, but too much people don't bother with him to make a full Connor sequel.

adventurewomen
08-05-2014, 06:07 PM
I liked the trailer, but i want to see some gameplay footage. I wasn't a big fan of new york in ac3 though. I hope this version is better.
The city looks the same reused in Rouge from the screens we've had so far.

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Connor DLC could happen too I guess.

I want Haytham DLC tho. More fitting.

Or Colonial assassin DLC. Or Achilles DLC.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-05-2014, 06:08 PM
I could see Ubi giving rogue Connor dlc though, there is so much demand for Connor, but too much people don't bother with him to make a full Connor sequel.

You never know, man. We can always wait.. and wait...

Still a shame that even a non-Assassin character is getting a full game in the first place.

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 06:10 PM
I want Connor too but this looks fun.

lothario-da-be
08-05-2014, 06:10 PM
Connor DLC could happen too I guess.

I want Haytham DLC tho. More fitting.

Or Colonial assassin DLC. Or Achilles DLC.
I agree that Haytham and Achillis DLC's would be better, but if Connor doesn't get a sequel I would prefer a Connor DLC :p

jayjay275
08-05-2014, 06:11 PM
If they did Connor DLC for Rogue instead of Unity, that would be silly.
@Humble,
I couldn't agree more. But isn't Rogue being made by Sofia? If so, I'm not that interested. I mean, if ten studios are working on Unity, then surely this game can't be too good, in terms of content.

Xstantin
08-05-2014, 06:12 PM

I'll keep looking at the stars here :D

SpiritOfNevaeh
If they did Connor DLC for Rogue instead of Unity, that would be silly.

Whys that?

*gasp* Never use those phrases here O_O;; EVER! :p

RagingDragon14
Apparently, the UK and US trailers have different dialogue. Can anybody confirm?

adventurewomen
08-05-2014, 06:13 PM
Connor I'll miss you more now :'(

Still have hope that Connor will return, come on Ubisoft!!

Aphex_Tim
Look at all the crying going on by PC elitists in the comment section! Any multiplatform game has them p*ssing all over us about how superior their version is going to be. Then when a certain game isn't IMMEDIATELY confirmed for PC, they start crying about how it's not fair and how consoles suck etc. Pathetic, really.

poptartz20
The city looks the same reused in Rouge from the screens we've had so far.

Ahhh! omg Adventure! I've missed you! :D Welcome back! *hugs*

you have come back just in time for new AC stuff!

Wolfmeister1010
08-05-2014, 06:14 PM
Yeah it totally looks like Freedom cry meets AC3. Blunderbuss and stuff. I imagine this game will be less significant than AC3, but way more so than Freedom cry.

@Poptart Where's my welcome back hug??

harsab
08-05-2014, 06:14 PM
i would of preferred Rogue to be a final Connor game with Shay as an enemy and we also play as Shay in a DLC...

still looking forward to this though should be interesting.

Doesn't look no way near as exciting as unity though....

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 06:15 PM
Man.

Since AC Rogue isn't on PC now it's impossible to get all the main AC games on 1 platform. I like my stuff organized. :(

lothario-da-be

Still a shame that even a non-Assassin character is getting a full game in the first place.
That doesn't realy have anything to do with a Connor sequel, this game is probably in development for 2 years, so that means they wouldn't have had much time to see what the reaction for Connor was. A sequel is more likely next year then it would have been this year.

Megas_Doux
Doesn't look no way near as exciting as unity though....

This screams FILLER.....

RagingDragon14
08-05-2014, 06:16 PM
Man.

Since AC Rogue isn't on PC now it's impossible to get all the main AC games on 1 platform. I like my stuff organized. :(

AC Rogue HD will come to PC. You can bet on it.

aL_____eX
08-05-2014, 06:16 PM
This brings back some very bad memories. I remember the time when everyone tried to solve the 'Look at the stars' things... :D

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 06:17 PM
AC Rogue HD will come to PC. You can bet on it.

But then I wont be able to play it for a while. I'll be spoiled the plot.

http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Dr.-Who.gif

adventurewomen
08-05-2014, 06:18 PM
Ahhh! omg Adventure! I've missed you! :D Welcome back! *hugs*

you have come back just in time for new AC stuff!
Aww! I've missed you too Lonna! <3 Thank you *hugs* Good to be back!

I've just come back today and just seen all the hype over Rouge, so I thought I'd see what the fuss was about it looks interesting.. hoping Achilles is in this, maybe even Haytham.

Fatal-Feit
08-05-2014, 06:18 PM
Man.

I know the feels. QQ