PDA

View Full Version : Gold Edition: preorder bonuses or not?

Morankurai
08-05-2014, 03:06 PM
Does the Assassin's Creed Unity Gold Edition available on the Ubishop does contain the digital preorder bonuses of other editions? Because they aren't listed on the Ubishop for me in my country (Germany), but they are listed on the Gold Edition on the Steam page, which have the same price. I personally would rather avoid purchasing the edition over Steam because I tend to avoid Steam if it's not necessary; but I would prefer getting all the preorder bonuses over avoiding Steam.

Could anyone officially answer this? Or do the preorder bonuses show up on the Ubishop page of a different country?

(The bonuses I'm talking about are the Chemical Revolution-mission and the other preorder-exclusive weapons and clothes.)

The search function on the forum didn't reveal any other threads with the same topic to me, so sorry if this has already been discussed elsewhere.

UbiVolfbane
08-05-2014, 03:38 PM
The gold edition might come with the season pass and chemical revolution. However, due to your region's locale, I would contact your Uplay shop team to verify each exclusive item. Different regions may have different pre-order versions and content. You may also PM me directly as well as contacting your team using the links in my signature below. Sorry for the confusion. Again, let me know if you continue to have any questions or concerns.

Chrisday0
08-07-2014, 04:45 AM
Same sort of question:

I'm considering pre-ordering The ACU Gold edition for PC through Uplay and I'm in Australia.

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_AU/pd/ThemeID.8605700/productID.304176800/Assassins_Creed%C2%AE_Unity_-_Gold_Edition.html

it includes:
Assassin’s Creed® Unity game
Assassin’s Creed® Unity Season Pass
for AUD $119.95 as a promo pre-order price

All over the place I've been searching for exactly what is included and more important what is missing in the way of DLC in the Season pass but I've had no luck yet.
The most important question as I see it is if all 3 DLC missions are or will be included?:
The Chemical Revolution
The American Prisoner
Killed by Science
(All three would be included in the Bastille Edition through EBGAMES for example, but the Season Pass would have to be purchased separately)
and which weapons and clothing are included and which are not to be included in the long run?

Of all the DLC and pre-order bonuses that are known to exist for different editions and through different retailers, is there anything in the way of game content that will not appear in the Gold edition of ACU at least eventually as the Season Pass releases new content?

Anykeyer
08-11-2014, 06:55 AM
Usually for Ubisoft games Season Pass includes everything except for platform exclusives.

huntergabr
08-11-2014, 08:23 PM
Does the Assassin's Creed Unity Gold Edition available on the Ubishop does contain the digital preorder bonuses of other editions? Because they aren't listed on the Ubishop for me in my country (Germany), but they are listed on the Gold Edition on the Steam page, which have the same price. I personally would rather avoid purchasing the edition over Steam because I tend to avoid Steam if it's not necessary; but I would prefer getting all the preorder bonuses over avoiding Steam.

Could anyone officially answer this? Or do the preorder bonuses show up on the Ubishop page of a different country?

(The bonuses I'm talking about are the Chemical Revolution-mission and the other preorder-exclusive weapons and clothes.)

The search function on the forum didn't reveal any other threads with the same topic to me, so sorry if this has already been discussed elsewhere.

William @ Ubisoft Customer Service:
I can confirm that the Unite pre-order code is included with all editions of the game except Assassins Creed Unity - Gold Edition. If you purchase any edition excluding the Gold Edition you will get a Unite pre-order bonus code.

Kind regards
William
Uplay Shop Customer Service.

This is how UBIsoft Support has told me

Chrisday0
08-12-2014, 11:18 AM
William @ Ubisoft Customer Service:
I can confirm that the Unite pre-order code is included with all editions of the game except Assassins Creed Unity - Gold Edition. If you purchase any edition excluding the Gold Edition you will get a Unite pre-order bonus code.

Kind regards
William
Uplay Shop Customer Service.

This is how UBIsoft Support has told me

This being the case, Does (or will it eventually) the Gold Edition (preordering of course) include the 'killed by science' DLC that would otherwise be activated through the Unite program???

huntergabr
08-12-2014, 12:52 PM
This being the case, Does (or will it eventually) the Gold Edition (preordering of course) include the 'killed by science' DLC that would otherwise be activated through the Unite program???

The "killed by science" is a reward of the UNITE program which must be activated by the pre order code. If you decided to buy the Gold edition,you would not receive a pre order code,much less the DLC you mentioned. But it's just my opinion and i strongly suggest you send your questions to the Support Team :)

Anykeyer
08-12-2014, 01:19 PM
You worry too much IMO. Eventually you will get everything.

Chrisday0
08-12-2014, 03:11 PM
You worry too much IMO. Eventually you will get everything.

Not in my experience.

The AC4 Black Flag Season Pass (pre-ordered but purchased separately from Black Flag itself) didn't include the Aveline missions from Black Flag even though they were included in the Gold Edition of Black Flag. The content was adapted for PC gamers but ONLY available in the Gold Edition. The Aveline missions are still not yet available to PC gamers who purchased both Black Flag and the Season Pass but didn't know about the Gold edition. Some people say that the Aveline Missions in Black Flag weren't that great anyway but I would rather play them and decide that for myself were I able.

So I really don't think that I'm worrying too much...

Anykeyer
08-12-2014, 03:30 PM
As I said earlier, SP contains everything but platform exclusives. And Aveline was that platform (PS3/4) exclusive. Ubi still didnt announce any for Unity.

Chrisday0
09-03-2014, 03:31 PM
UPDATE: It looks as though now when pre-ordering the GOLD edition that the UNITE program is now included at no extra cost. Thanks Ubisoft!

Now I'm just waiting for the PC system requirements to be released before I finalize my decision to pre-order AC Unity Gold.

naumaan
09-03-2014, 06:37 PM
well i had the same experience of gold edition, that kinda suck, i pre ordered without checking its details and in my area, it does not offer pre order unite program, and for that reason i was excluded from the brotherhood team as well, now thinking to make one my self or to join another .. but anyways if you want pre order unite code .. dont get this gold edition ...

naumaan
09-03-2014, 06:39 PM
UPDATE: It looks as though now when pre-ordering the GOLD edition that the UNITE program is now included at no extra cost. Thanks Ubisoft!

Now I'm just waiting for the PC system requirements to be released before I finalize my decision to pre-order AC Unity Gold.

dont joke :(

Anykeyer
09-04-2014, 05:56 AM
Currently in europe when you add gold in basket it also adds unite key. Not sure if this change is retroactive and they also send keys to those who preordered gold already.

naumaan
09-05-2014, 02:11 AM
well i have pre ordered the gold edition and i m kinda worried what kind of a brotherhood group i can make or be a part of ..

Anykeyer
09-05-2014, 05:55 AM
It has no uses beyond preorder bonuses. And its likely you would get that content anyway as a part of gold edition and its season pass.
As for coop you can play it with any of your friends on PC regardless of their game editions, or let matchmaking find random teammates for you (and then add them to friends list if they are any good).

naumaan
09-05-2014, 03:38 PM
Currently in europe when you add gold in basket it also adds unite key. Not sure if this change is retroactive and they also send keys to those who preordered gold already.

nope .. it does not happen with the golden edition, i didnt get any code..

naumaan
09-05-2014, 03:39 PM
It has no uses beyond preorder bonuses. And its likely you would get that content anyway as a part of gold edition and its season pass.
As for coop you can play it with any of your friends on PC regardless of their game editions, or let matchmaking find random teammates for you (and then add them to friends list if they are any good).

its totally kool with me, so i need not to worry ... good .. thanks