PDA

View Full Version : Rogue & Unity

Pages : [1] 2

RinoTheBouncer
08-05-2014, 01:17 PM
Hey everyone,
Now that we know that the past gen AC game is gonna be title AC:Rogue and will feature a Templar protagonist, and we already know about the PS4/XB1 game, AC:Unity featuring Arno, the Assassin. So which one will you be getting? which one seems more exciting to you?

Iíll be getting both cause I wouldnít wanna miss any AC story and the concept of having to see the story from the perspective of a Templar is a dream weíve always talked about. But I know that many people still donít have next gen consoles or might just not be interested in the PS3 version, so use the poll to vote for which game youíre getting and feel free to discuss and speculate the connection between both games and everything related to either.

Farlander1991
08-05-2014, 01:21 PM
Unity is the priority to me.

Rogue looks interesting, but it just won't have everything that ACU has got. Redesigned core systems, intriguing co-op mechanics, incredibly huge crowds and whatnot. And, honestly, Rogue has got a lot to achieve in my eyes. Because as far as I'm concerned, Assassin's Creed IV was a 'best of' collection of the old-gen AC. It didn't have all the flaws fixed, but it provided experience that for the most part captured the most awesome things from every AC game preceding it, and has put it in a nice little package. It's hard to say if Rogue's going to be on par with that.

But ultimately, I'll be getting both, though I think I won't be getting Rogue until some time after its release.

ACfan443
08-05-2014, 01:24 PM
Unity.
I have no interest in Rogue or supporting the previous generation any further.

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 01:26 PM
Unity is my priority.

Already had a pirate game, don't need another one so soon.

Not to mention I have a major concern about Rogue's content. I don't see how it can beat AC4's content at all, or scale.

That said, I will get Rogue, but only when it has it's inevitable PS4 cash grab port.

marvelfannumber
08-05-2014, 01:27 PM
Unity is my priority, but if Rouge turns out good I guess I will pick it up too.

jellejackhammer
08-05-2014, 01:28 PM
ofcourse unity will be the diamond of the two but as a ac fan i can't think of no reason not to buy rogue :) that being said with what i have seen from the leak rogue seems to be a game with a story well done for a NEW take on something we have never fully seen yet so i'm sure rogue won't miss the mark either

aznassassin159
08-05-2014, 01:29 PM
Unity: Enhanced parkour, large climbable buildings, actual assassination missions, everything that made AC1 so bloody good.

Rouge: More ship-sailing. Instant deal-breaker.

Going with Unity.

jeordievera
08-05-2014, 01:30 PM
I will be getting Unity in October and possibly when I am finish with it, I will move onto Rogue. I've played all AC games so I won't be missing on any of these.

roostersrule2
08-05-2014, 01:33 PM
Both.

Cause the AC life is the life for me.

Dag_B
08-05-2014, 01:41 PM
I already preordered Unity but only because I was interested in the Amazon bundle and I wasn't sure how long this will be available.
Rogue - it would depend on the same thing: If there is some bundle, edition or preorder pack I really really want, I will preorder. If not, I will wait. Probably until I grab a good offer or until I finished Unity.

But yes, I think I will get both. (As far as one can tell this for a game where we only have one leaked trailer in really bad quality. :D )

jayjay275
08-05-2014, 01:45 PM
Unity is a must, easily. I haven't even seen Rogue yet, so I shall reserve my judgement until later.

SHADOWGARVIN
08-05-2014, 01:49 PM
I'll get both. There are still great games coming out on last gen consoles, Kingdom hearts 2,5 HD is one of them and so is AC Rogue.

LatinaC09
08-05-2014, 03:07 PM
I'll be getting both for sure. I gotta pay off my other pre-order for Unity and then I'll work on this one.

Megas_Doux
08-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Unity!!!!!!!!!

May be Rogue after I recover from upgrading my PC and getting Witcher 3, Arkham Knight and Unity.

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 03:14 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m643u2dYIn1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

prince162010
08-05-2014, 03:16 PM
I'll be getting both for sure ^_^

jeordievera
08-05-2014, 03:19 PM
I have to tell my folks in advance that there will be no gifts for them for Christmas. :p

Xangr8
08-05-2014, 03:27 PM
Totally going to get both...don't know how...probably have to rob a bank or something...well that's my problem...I'm totally going to get both of 'em :3

SixKeys
08-05-2014, 03:28 PM
I'll probably get both eventually (unless the reviews for Rogue are absolutely atrocious), but Unity is definitely my #1 priority. I'll get Rogue when it's on sale on Steam.

RinoTheBouncer
08-05-2014, 03:36 PM
Glad to see many people are willing to get both. As for myself, I’m pre-ordering them both. I ain’t waiting for sale or second hand copies. AC was way too important for me to wait, hehe. Ubisoft could pull a powerful promotional stunt and call both games ACV making people feel sort of obliged to get both because they complete each other and give us the full ACV experience, one way or another. At least that’s how I hope to happen.

SlyTrooper
08-05-2014, 03:46 PM
I'm getting both. I have never missed out on a major title on release & I don't plan to start now. Besides, playing as a Templar has always been a dream of mine.
It is a shame though, as I will need to cancel my Destiny pre-order to afford it. Oh well, it's worth it :)

lothario-da-be
08-05-2014, 04:00 PM
Both, unless Rogue turns out to be a 5hour long rip-off.

aL_____eX
08-05-2014, 04:04 PM
Both, unless Rogue turns out to be a 5hour long rip-off.
Yep, I'm planning to do the same thing. Wait about more information on Rogue and see if it's really worth the money. Ubisoft always says they're developing games for years, but now woth the release of the first next gen only game I have high doubts about Rogue being developed for 2-3 years now.

I really hope they prove me wrong... I never missed out on any main title of the series.

lothario-da-be
08-05-2014, 04:09 PM
Yep, I'm planning to do the same thing. Wait about more information on Rogue and see if it's really worth the money. Ubisoft always says they're developing games for years, but now woth the release of the first next gen only game I have high doubts about Rogue being developed for 2-3 years now.

I really hope they prove me wrong... I never missed out on any main title of the series.
Even if it has been in production for 2 years it's possible only 1 studio worked on it while the 26 other AC teams are working on high budget next-gen games.

aL_____eX
08-05-2014, 04:14 PM
Even if it has been in production for 2 years it's possible only 1 studio worked on it while the 26 other AC teams are working on high budget next-gen games.
Yeah, you're right, but the major releases always were directed by Ubisoft Montreal and I guess that's not the case for Rogue. Hopefully it's not Ubisoft Sofia, Liberation's story was so weak most of the game... :rolleyes:

I hope no one gets me wrong, I'm still excited after the announcement of any AC related game, but this Naval (black Flag rip-off) + Templar + North America (ACIII rip-off) thing is just not what I wanted/expected AC Comet/Phoenix/Rogue/whatever to be like.

Sushiglutton
08-05-2014, 04:50 PM
No need to kid myself, I'll be getting both. Probably save Rogue for spring though.

Sesheenku
08-05-2014, 06:03 PM
Unity, Rouge is just more sailing isn't it? I've had more than enough of that. It would have to make the ship parts way less repetitive than AC4 and would have to contain more land based assassinations as well as better combat to even make me consider buying it.

Unless Rogue get's a ridiculously good score by a review that doesn't say "ERMAGERRRRRD DAT PIRATING!" I will not touch it.

JamaicanHoliday
08-05-2014, 06:13 PM
Rogue if it has multiplayer. If not neither.

Actually probably both, but I'll pick up used copies. I won't give Ubi$oft my money for a game with without true multiplayer.

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 06:15 PM
Yeah, you're right, but the major releases always were directed by Ubisoft Montreal and I guess that's not the case for Rogue. Hopefully it's not Ubisoft Sofia, Liberation's story was so weak most of the game... :rolleyes:

I hope no one gets me wrong, I'm still excited after the announcement of any AC related game, but this Naval (black Flag rip-off) + Templar + North America (ACIII rip-off) thing is just not what I wanted/expected AC Comet/Phoenix/Rogue/whatever to be like.

You do realize that it's not the studio responsible for the story, but mainly the writer? Jill Murray wrote Liberation and Freedom Cry. I think she needs more practice on writing more coherent stories across games. Her individual pieces are usually pretty good though.

Xangr8
08-05-2014, 06:18 PM
Change of plans *weep* Unf...unfortunately I have a PC...so....*weep* I'm only gonna be getting Unity *weep*

lothario-da-be
08-05-2014, 06:18 PM
You do realize that it's not the studio responsible for the story, but mainly the writer? Jill Murray wrote Liberation and Freedom Cry. I think she needs more practice on writing more coherent stories across games. Her individual pieces are usually pretty good though.
This makes me realy wonder who the writer will be, and the composer, and the creative director :p

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 06:20 PM
Change of plans *weep* Unf...unfortunately I have a PC...so....*weep* I'm only gonna be getting Unity *weep*

http://media.giphy.com/media/AaV0TRmmedEzK/giphy.gif

There there, you're not alone...

aL_____eX
08-05-2014, 06:21 PM
Yeah, of course I'm aware of that. Liberation wasn't a revelation in terms of story and gameplay at all. The whole game just felt not as good as other AC games before. But, I'm positive they are doing a better job this time...

Xangr8
08-05-2014, 06:24 PM

Nice to know I'm not alone *weep*

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 06:29 PM
One of the writers is James Nadiger.

RinoTheBouncer
08-05-2014, 06:30 PM
Yeah, of course I'm aware of that. Liberation wasn't a revelation in terms of story and gameplay at all. The whole game just felt not as good as other AC games before. But, I'm positive they are doing a better job this time...

I agree with you. It takes more than just a good standalone story to make a good AC story and game. Maybe Liberation was good as a standalone entry but it just didn’t feel like an Assassin’s Creed game and it’s the problem with the gender nor the outfits, same goes for Freedom Cry (which I loved way more than Liberation). It was a good story of Adťwale, but that’s about it.

I just hope we get something more warm and emotional like AC:Revelations and more about the Assassins like ACI and ACII.

DaZex
08-05-2014, 07:24 PM
I already preordered AC Unity, and was really looking forward to Comet (now Rogue), but since I only have a PC I can't play it. I kinda feel cheated out of the whole collection and being able to experience the whole story.

Fatal-Feit
08-05-2014, 07:29 PM
I agree with you. It takes more than just a good standalone story to make a good AC story and game. Maybe Liberation was good as a standalone entry but it just didn’t feel like an Assassin’s Creed game and it’s the problem with the gender nor the outfits, same goes for Freedom Cry (which I loved way more than Liberation). It was a good story of Adťwale, but that’s about it.

I just hope we get something more warm and emotional like AC:Revelations and more about the Assassins like ACI and ACII.

AC:2 wasn't about the Assassins, it was about Ezio and his endeavors.

LoyalACFan
08-05-2014, 07:41 PM
I'm going to pretend that I'm only buying Unity because Rogue doesn't look that good to me, but deep down I know for a fact that I'll end up getting it too. Maybe not at launch, but before the year is out. Yeah, it's probably just going to be AC4 with snow, but... I can't say no to AC. I'm hooked.

Reptilis91
08-05-2014, 07:44 PM
I also play on PC... I really want to insult Ubisoft right now...

Where is equality Ubisoft? :mad:

jayjay275
08-05-2014, 07:45 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m643u2dYIn1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

I love that film! :D

Sushiglutton
08-05-2014, 09:07 PM
No need to kid myself, I'll be getting both. Probably save Rogue for spring though.

I did kid myself by thinking both would be available for PC. So it's gonna be Unity and then wait and see.

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 09:10 PM
I did kid myself by thinking both would be available for PC. So it's gonna be Unity and then wait and see.

Same here

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvf815ggxw1qfgxkr.gif

Sushiglutton
08-05-2014, 09:26 PM
Same here

Just as it says on the oficial blog: "Assassinís Creed Rogue will be the darkest chapter in the franchise" :( Very sad

lothario-da-be
08-05-2014, 09:34 PM
I think AC:Ro will get a remastered version for next gen and PC just like GTA5.

Sushiglutton
08-05-2014, 09:39 PM
I think AC:Ro will get a remastered version for next gen and PC just like GTA5.

Yeah I think there's a high chance of this happening. I actually have a Ps3, but I don't feel like buying any more new games for it. Rather take my chances Rogue will release on PC eventually.

rickprog
08-05-2014, 09:49 PM
I'll be getting both, but I must admit I'm not too hyped about Rogue. The story definitely has a new take on things, and most likely some holes of the North American saga (as it is now called) will be filled, and that's always the part I'm most interested about (so I'll be getting it without a doubt); but my concern is the game's scale, sense of innovation and side content. I'm assuming stuff ahead of the events and this is just my current impression (which will last until there's more info on Rogue revealed) but I have a hunch it will be a short game without much side-content.

lothario-da-be
08-05-2014, 09:53 PM
Yeah I think there's a high chance of this happening. I actually have a Ps3, but I don't feel like buying any more new games for it. Rather take my chances Rogue will release on PC eventually.
I feel the same, I don't realy want to go "back".
I want to buy the game when it releases, but I also want the best version.
Euhh descissions.

Brostok
08-05-2014, 10:04 PM
I already pre-ordered Unity. But Rogue picked up my interest.

So I think i'll find a used 360 and buy it too. :o

cjdavies
08-05-2014, 10:14 PM
Seeing as I don't have the next gen console yet, no need at the moment, games I have yet to play and those coming out are for 360 also. My move to next gen was only going to be for Arkham Knight as my Xmas gift from me to me (January time off work to play it), Unity is just the bounus, I had both (Arkham Orgins and Black Flag) for Xmas last year and played them over my time off in January and the year before (Arkham City and AC3).

Now with the delay with Arkham Knight until next year, I wasn't going to get a next gen console Xmas time just for Unity, so my Xmas time off with be Rogue and will get Unity some time next year. The lack of MP for Unity means I'm in no rush.

pacmanate
08-05-2014, 10:19 PM
I feel the same, I don't realy want to go "back".
I want to buy the game when it releases, but I also want the best version.
Euhh descissions.

I dont mind going back to PS3 due to graphics, its just the framerate. Im afraid of those 15-low 20's FPS

Ureh
08-05-2014, 10:19 PM
Unity is guaranteed. Rogue.... we'll wait and see.

Sesheenku
08-05-2014, 11:47 PM

Wouldn't weep to hard. This just proves that they're putting even less effort into the game than usual, so much so that they didn't even port it to PC.

If I was more pessimistic with AC than I already am I'd say ACRO 99.9% confirmed to be another dull repetitive adventure with a few interesting plot holes filled.

STDlyMcStudpants
08-05-2014, 11:50 PM
im more excited for rogue.. will get unity later.. not this yr

jellejackhammer
08-05-2014, 11:58 PM
im more excited for rogue.. will get unity later.. not this yr

wow you are kind of in the minority with that. not that i don't respect your choise but can you tell me why because unity seems more advanced and is in the long stretch a better game :)

jamgamerforever
08-06-2014, 12:01 AM
I'll be getting both, and likely will wait two weeks and play Rogue first for chronology, and because playing Unity first will probably make Rogue look terrible in comparison.

jellejackhammer
08-06-2014, 12:04 AM
I'll be getting both, and likely will wait two weeks and play Rogue first for chronology, and because playing Unity first will probably make Rogue look terrible in comparison.

the story will get rogue going i hope

pacmanate
08-06-2014, 12:06 AM

God damn, youre right :| going back to those controls will be bad bad

jellejackhammer
08-06-2014, 12:09 AM
with one thing we can all agree ubi did choose the wrong time to release rogue sure the sales will kind off do well but they will also be put off by unity the diffrence is way to big. should have taken a other setting for rogue

Sesheenku
08-06-2014, 12:12 AM
with one thing we can all agree ubi did choose the wrong time to release rogue sure the sales will kind off do well but they will also be put off by unity the diffrence is way to big. should have taken a other setting for rogue

It's really just for the last gen people so they won't get mad and hold a ridiculous grudge against Ubisoft for even daring to attempt to make better games on better technology.

Those vile traitors! Moving on and bringing the franchise to new heights!

jellejackhammer
08-06-2014, 12:20 AM
i know and it's nice from ubi's side (well not if it's just a cash grab) to take last gen in mind but still they could have done something a little bit more regarding the setting i mean bringing in new york is not that bad but if they want re-use things than they might have had better choises. they have a entire studio working on it ac sophia (oh that's right liberation)

Sesheenku
08-06-2014, 12:32 AM
i know and it's nice from ubi's side (well not if it's just a cash grab) to take last gen in mind but still they could have done something a little bit more regarding the setting i mean bringing in new york is not that bad but if they want re-use things than they might have had better choises. they have a entire studio working on it ac sophia (oh that's right liberation)

Not saying it wouldn't be better but I expected no less from a company that time and again only puts forth the right amount of effort not to piss all of us off, just enough to disappoint us slightly.

Oh that studio worked on it? Oh god. I feel bad for PS3/360 AC fans now. Here comes a severe re-hash.

ACfan443
08-06-2014, 12:37 AM
Oh that studio worked on it? Oh god. I feel bad for PS3/360 AC fans now. Here comes a severe re-hash.

That much was apparent when the GI article mentioned the return of New York.

jellejackhammer
08-06-2014, 12:42 AM
yeah how the memories float in my mind when i think of the dissapoinment liberation was and then they choose to make a HD version of it ... yeah greatness ubi greatness. like porting that game to consoles so more people could be dissapointed was a smart move

Jexx21
08-06-2014, 12:45 AM
Liberation was actually pretty good and it's persona system was unique and interesting. I know some people liked it more than AC3.

jellejackhammer
08-06-2014, 12:50 AM
Liberation was actually pretty good and it's persona system was unique and interesting. I know some people liked it more than AC3.

i'm glad you liked it :) but you know let's give the studio a 2nd chance sure they learned from it. altough i will only buy it because of the templar view on things

Sesheenku
08-06-2014, 12:54 AM

Yeah but the problem was it was built off of AC3.

It basically is 3 with a few new mechanics and a different setting which embarrassingly uses the same assets.

Besides that's hardly a good enough reason for me personally seeing as I don't particularly care for 3. I replay it more than AC4 but that's really only because at least it's closer to what AC is supposed to be rather that attempting to add a distraction via forced naval gameplay that keeps the players from looking at how terrible all the other aspects of the series had gotten.

jellejackhammer
08-06-2014, 12:57 AM

It basically is 3 with a few new mechanics and a different setting which embarrassingly uses the same assets.

Besides that's hardly a good enough reason for me personally seeing as I don't particularly care for 3. I replay it more than AC4 but that's really only because at least it's closer to what AC is supposed to be rather that attempting to add a distraction via forced naval gameplay that keeps the players from looking at how terrible all the other aspects of the series had gotten.

and it seems rougue will be yet another ac 3 this time but with a better protag i guess

Sesheenku
08-06-2014, 01:01 AM
and it seems rougue will be yet another ac 3 this time but with a better protag i guess

More like an AC3/4 hybrid maybe? They have AC4 style naval but yeah it just sounds like it's going to be really samey.

Personally I don't think any story of any quality could make me trudge through that type of tedium again. Even with the AC games I like there comes a point if I play them consecutively for too long where I get annoyed with some parts of the games.

jellejackhammer
08-06-2014, 01:05 AM
the real problem is that ubi has lost the real vibe of what an assassin is. i mean srsly connor was revenge on lee most of the time and edward was just because of his wealth. ok ezio in ac 2 was revenge aswell but atleast in brotherhood an acr it was more for the creed itself like in ac 1.

Xstantin
08-06-2014, 01:07 AM
the real problem is that ubi has lost the real vibe of what an assassin is. i mean srsly connor was revenge on lee most of the time and edward was just because of his wealth. ok ezio in ac 2 was revenge aswell but atleast in brotherhood an acr it was more for the creed itself like in ac 1.

That's like just your opinion man.

Fatal-Feit
08-06-2014, 01:56 AM

What are you talking about? AC:3 was morally grey, and showed respect to both Templar and Assassins with plenty of philosophical debates. --Exactly what AC:1 had. Connor was NOT after revenge, ever. His goal was to protect his village, and others. If he wanted revenge, he would have slit Charles' throat long, long ago. When he killed a Templar, it was because that was his only option. And with each kill, he'd protested. --Even wanted to joint the two orders plenty of times.

AC:IV went back to the roots. It reintroduced stealth, continued the moral greyness the series had originally had lost but returned in 3, and actually reiterated the value of the Creed and its merits. AC:IV is actually the realist sequel the franchise have received since AC:1.

AC:2 was only about Ezio and his endeavors. They only reiterated the Creed once. That was it. Grade B philosophy if you count 1-dimensional power hungry Templar. The same with Brotherhood. It was only about Ezio and his endeavors. No philosophy. The Creed was simply a means of recruiting. Everything else was Scooby Doo in a nutshell.

AC:R tried to make things almost as gritty as AC:1, but still retained a lot of Scooby Doo-like characters and Templar.

AC:2-R did NOT do anything with the Creed. I repeat, they DID NOT. That's not an opinion either. If anything, they downgraded it from AC:1.

STDlyMcStudpants
08-06-2014, 02:08 AM
wow you are kind of in the minority with that. not that i don't respect your choise but can you tell me why because unity seems more advanced and is in the long stretch a better game :)

Because owning a next gen system right now is stupid to me. If i beat every game i own in a week.. i have enough games to last me for 4 years.
ill of course own one next year because i wont have a choice as this is probably the last ac game on past gen and AC is really why i game.. i play everything else to hold me over....... but im in no rush

Wolfmeister1010
08-06-2014, 02:29 AM
Combat system in Rogue is likely AC3/4 because he is dual wielding sword and knife.

LoyalACFan
08-06-2014, 02:39 AM
Combat system in Rogue is likely AC3/4 because he is dual wielding sword and knife.

Yeah, it sucks. When I saw that Crusader-looking sword I was hoping for some two-handed sword combat, but then I saw the knife. It'll almost certainly be an exact copy of Edward's fighting.

Fatal-Feit
08-06-2014, 02:47 AM
Yeah, it sucks. When I saw that Crusader-looking sword I was hoping for some two-handed sword combat, but then I saw the knife. It'll almost certainly be an exact copy of Edward's fighting.

I have to bet that the assassination animation is the same as Edward's but without dual swords. That knife is just awkwardly hanging there in its place.

Locopells
08-06-2014, 03:08 AM

I'd say it's main problem was that ACIII wasn't out and fully finished, while they were making it. They were in effect building a building on foundations that were still in the process of being built...

But I digress.

Jexx21
08-06-2014, 03:19 AM

I don't think so. Longsword/dagger is a completely different fighting style from cutlass/cutlass.

Sesheenku
08-06-2014, 05:31 AM
I don't think so. Longsword/dagger is a completely different fighting style from cutlass/cutlass.

Not like it makes a difference since every weapon plays extremely similar in 3 and 4.

SolidSage
08-06-2014, 05:38 AM
Unity? Oh yeah!

Even more ships? No. Not even going to bother. Luckily, I've been skipping the alternate campaign DLC's (AC3,4 and WD), so I've already broken the 'must have it all' habit.

I want AC back, Pirate sailing was an okay distraction in 3 for a minute but it's gone too far...I barely recognize Creed in it anymore. Thank funk for Unity.

Jexx21
08-06-2014, 05:44 AM
Not like it makes a difference since every weapon plays extremely similar in 3 and 4.
pretty much in all the games.

Hit X until enemy dies

I could only see the animations being the same as Connor's, but did Connor use the pivot blade with swords? I though he only used it with tomahawks/daggers.

Sesheenku
08-06-2014, 06:06 AM
pretty much in all the games.

Hit X until enemy dies

I could only see the animations being the same as Connor's, but did Connor use the pivot blade with swords? I though he only used it with tomahawks/daggers.

It was only with tomahawks and daggers.

They were all similar in all games but I felt it even worse in 3 and 4 where your weapons have been really restricted.

In 1 you had your fast dagger, your slower sword and then your instant kill hidden blade, all of which had a different purpose, dagger for crowds, sword for single targets, hidden blade for getting things done quickly and efficiently.

in 2 you have that and then Axes which provide the long range throw, maces, which were admittedly just window dressing, and broadswords which ended up similar to axes so again window dressing but in any case it added one more thing into it. On top of that you had the hidden gun and poison added.

ACB you get long range poison and the crossbow added.

AC3 kind of condensed the weapons, I hardly feel the speed difference between a tomahawk and a sword and then pistols suck way more than the hidden gun.

Then AC4 got worse, it condenses your arsenal even more, restricting you to hidden blades or double swords so there's basically no variety, you have your silent assassination tools and your one single combat weapon save for the ranged pistols.

RinoTheBouncer
08-06-2014, 11:40 AM

I agree. I believe they wonít really bother creating animations or a fighting mode from the ground up. It is obvious that they only reason they made the game split between naval and ground is that they can use a lot of what they created for ACIV.

Shahkulu101
08-06-2014, 12:52 PM
Definitely getting Unity. I want to wait out for a Rogue digital release on PS4 or a PC release (if it's not a timed exclusive that's ridiculous) but it will be hard to avoid spoilers...

Both, eventually I guess.

m4r-k7
08-06-2014, 12:55 PM
From Eurogamer

"A more overt link between Rogue and Unity exists, but will only be revealed in the game's closing moments."

Definitely a relationship between Shay and Arno. Perhaps Shay is the one who adopts Arno and we will see a young Arno at the end of the game?

SHADOWGARVIN
08-06-2014, 01:01 PM
From Eurogamer

"A more overt link between Rogue and Unity exists, but will only be revealed in the game's closing moments."

Definitely a relationship between Shay and Arno. Perhaps Shay is the one who adopts Arno and we will see a young Arno at the end of the game?

That would be great.

SixKeys
08-06-2014, 01:03 PM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-06-assassins-creed-rogue-is-single-player-only-report

"The game's icy waters mean there are no diving missions, however, and Cormac will start to lose health if he stays in the sea for too long."

This was one of the features planned for AC3s frozen lakes. I wonder if other cut AC3 features made it, like soldiers slipping on ice and stumbling in the snow?

jeordievera
08-06-2014, 01:07 PM
From Eurogamer

That would be interesting if Shay is the one that adopts Arno. Then Shay will get killed by Templars as they find out he was an Assassin and adopted Assassin's kid..

marvelfannumber
08-06-2014, 01:10 PM
This was one of the features planned for AC3s frozen lakes. I wonder if other cut AC3 features made it, like soldiers slipping on ice and stumbling in the snow?

Well their entire Pre-Fire NYC map for rogue is probably the one cut from AC3 I am guessing too. So that's another reused asset/feature. :rolleyes:

m4r-k7
08-06-2014, 01:11 PM
Hmmm. Surely we would see in Unity that his Templar step dad was called Shay (unless its flash backs only and we don't play Arno as a child) so maybe Shay isn't the step dad, but he may be related to Arno in some way as Shay used to be an assassin. Perhaps thats what drives Arno to try and unite the factions. Im not sure really.

aznassassin159
08-06-2014, 01:22 PM
Unity? Oh yeah!

Even more ships? No. Not even going to bother. Luckily, I've been skipping the alternate campaign DLC's (AC3,4 and WD), so I've already broken the 'must have it all' habit.

I want AC back, Pirate sailing was an okay distraction in 3 for a minute but it's gone too far...I barely recognize Creed in it anymore. Thank funk for Unity.

THIS.

Really, if Unity continues to impress, I might finally have a reason to buy a next-gen console. (that is, if Dishonored 2 doesn't get announced at Gamescom)

kosmoscreed
08-06-2014, 01:29 PM
Both and the great thing is that I can finish Rogue before Unity is out.

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 01:45 PM
From Eurogamer

Oh snap an actual connection?

Maybe Shay DOES adopt Arno...

SHADOWGARVIN
08-06-2014, 01:58 PM
Both and the great thing is that I can finish Rogue before Unity is out.

How? Rogue is released on november 11 and Unity on october 28.

melbye82
08-06-2014, 03:55 PM
I amgetting both,buti am looking forward to Rogue more because it won't be ruined by co-op and multiplayer

Reptilis91
08-06-2014, 03:57 PM
The 12th here in France. I don't understand why. :confused:

Toa TAK
08-06-2014, 04:00 PM
Both of course, but I'm in no rush to finish Unity before Rogue.

Jexx21
08-06-2014, 04:40 PM
I don't think Shay adopted Arno.

Maybe he's the father of Elise.

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 04:49 PM
could be. We still havent seen her last name.

pacmanate
08-06-2014, 04:51 PM

If that is true then this was obviously just put in for the sake of "linking" the two games and making Rogue worthy of being a game to bridge a gap that doesn't need to be bridged between AC4 and AC3.

Crazy_Vantage
08-06-2014, 04:56 PM

Can't be both. Elise' father took Arno in, so either Arno was adopted by Shay or Shay isn't Elise's father in the first place.

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 04:57 PM
Where does it say Elise' father is the one who took Arno in?

Xstantin
08-06-2014, 05:04 PM
Have you seen the new info about Elise's father from GI's article btw?
He is the victim of a shift in power and ideologies in the Templars. The new leader wants to take the order in the new direction.

RagingDragon14
08-06-2014, 05:05 PM
Well Elise does have red hair. And Shay is Irish. :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 05:05 PM
The new leader is probably rosepierre.

So daddy templar was a good templar who got screwed over it seems.

RinoTheBouncer
08-06-2014, 05:31 PM
I’m liking the idea that Shay is either the father of Elise or Arno or a foster/stepfather of either. It would be really interesting if there are such links between the two.

Jexx21
08-06-2014, 05:50 PM
Can't be both. Elise' father took Arno in, so either Arno was adopted by Shay or Shay isn't Elise's father in the first place.

Is that confirmed? I thought that Elise being Arno's step-sister was just speculation?

RagingDragon14
08-06-2014, 05:52 PM
Is that confirmed? I thought that Elise being Arno's step-sister was just speculation?

Game Informer article.

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 05:53 PM
OH GOD STEP SISTER ROMANCE CONFIRMED

*chuckles maniacly*

jeordievera
08-06-2014, 06:17 PM
It says he is chasing the killer of Elise's father the whole game, so I don't know. Also I don't know how would I feel about the step-sibilings love story...

pacmanate
08-06-2014, 06:21 PM
It says he is chasing the killer of Elise's father the whole game, so I don't know. Also I don't know how would I feel about the step-sibilings love story...

Its weird, even if its not incest.

Which is disgusting anyway.

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 06:22 PM
AC being inspired by Game of Thrones maybe. :rolleyes:

@pac

so those japanese girls who marry their cousins legally are disgusting to you?

SlyTrooper
08-06-2014, 06:22 PM

Just remember it is set in the 18th century; things were different back then.

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 06:23 PM
Sly has a point.

Standards were different in the past too.

jeordievera
08-06-2014, 06:25 PM
I don't think its disgusting but I have a step brother and would never think of him in such a way. I just hope they are not related in any way.

RagingDragon14
08-06-2014, 06:26 PM
I don't think its disgusting but I have a step brother and would never think of him in such a way. I just hope they are not related in any way.

It all depends on what age Arno is when he's adopted. I think they said he's like 8 when he gets adopted?

And their relationship doesn't have to be one of lovers, does it? Their love could be familial. Arno could love Elise as a brother would love his sister.

Xstantin
08-06-2014, 06:34 PM
And their relationship doesn't have to be one of lovers, does it? Their love could be familial. Arno could love Elise as a brother would love his sister.

Then why call it love story?

pacmanate
08-06-2014, 06:40 PM
AC being inspired by Game of Thrones maybe. :rolleyes:

@pac

so those japanese girls who marry their cousins legally are disgusting to you?

Cousin's is still weird as you are still blood.

I don't see how having sex with your brother or sister is okay at all, plus your kids will be ******ed.

Not to mention step sibling relationships are plain weird. Your Stepdad would be having sex with your mother, and his step son would be having sex with his daughter.

RinoTheBouncer
08-06-2014, 06:42 PM
Well whether it has incest or not, I’m excited to see the story. I’m open-minded when it comes to art. I don’t expect ideals because that’s not the only thing art should portray. I love to hear and see stories unfold with their perfections and imperfections, with it’s happy and sad moments. That’s how a story goes. It doesn’t have to show what’s right or what’s morally acceptable prevailing or what’s wrong or socially/religiously unacceptable being condemned.

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 06:44 PM
@pac

weird is subjective :p

I personally see nothing wrong with it, but that's just me.

RinoTheBouncer
08-06-2014, 06:50 PM
@pac

I agree with you. I mean according in all Arab countries, it is not ok to marry your brother, sister, mother, father, uncle, aunt, stepson, step-daughter, nephew, niece but nothing’s wrong with marrying your cousin and it happens all the time.

jeordievera
08-06-2014, 06:51 PM
It would be kinda acceptable if Arno would be adopted by Elise's father in his puberty. But having 'sister' since you are 8 and the developing some feelings is weird.

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 06:52 PM
It all has to do with social expectations in culture and what is already established as the norm, IMO.

BUT I fear this is too political and I think politics isn't allowed on the forums so Imma stop here before infractions come in

pacmanate
08-06-2014, 06:52 PM
@pac

Obviously seeing as your sigs have been of Father and Son making out and now have them leading on each other with seductive faces

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 07:05 PM
Obviously seeing as your sigs have been of Father and Son making out and now have them leading on each other with seductive faces

Liking something in fiction doesn't equate to liking something in real life.

For example my favorite characters are mass murderers and when they kill I go "awwwww." Doesn't mean I condone it in real life.

Same with Jamie Lannister/ Cersei Lannister shippers.

Nevertheless I will go down with my ship. :cool:

SlyTrooper
08-06-2014, 08:06 PM
Liking something in fiction doesn't equate to liking something in real life.

For example my favorite characters are mass murderers and when they kill I go "awwwww." Doesn't mean I condone it in real life.

Same with Jamie Lannister/ Cersei Lannister shippers.

Nevertheless I will go down with my ship. :cool:

People actually like Jamie & Cersei's relationship?

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 08:08 PM
Surprisingly, yes.

I know a few shippers myself.

I hate Cersei though cuz she's an annoying SOB.

But that's waaaaaay off topic so Im gonna stop now.

Shahkulu101
08-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Man I feel like I know too much about ACU's story, I'd have liked to find out the details about Arno's father's and his relationship with Elise myself. :/

Dome500
08-06-2014, 09:06 PM
Depends.
If Rouge has a good story and also has a lot of gameplay improvements I'm getting this too. Would be the first game were we might play an Assassin turncoat, can't miss that.

But I'll probably get Unity soon after release and wait for Rouge another month or 2 to look how it turns out to be.

Unity first.
Rouge maybe.

(PC player)

Xstantin
08-06-2014, 09:10 PM
People actually like Jamie & Cersei's relationship?

I do. I view it as something to highlight how self-centered and egoistical Cersei is. She's one of the best characters in GoT imo, but I don't wanna go into details here :o.

shobhit7777777
08-06-2014, 09:12 PM
@Dome

So...you would like rouge if it was deep?

Dome500
08-06-2014, 09:18 PM
@Dome

So...you would like rouge if it was deep?

Yeah in terms of story and gameplay.
I'm not really interested in naval and I hope the balance between land/sea is okay.
But if gameplay improvements and story are satisfying I would give it a shot.

Sushiglutton
08-06-2014, 09:21 PM
Yeah in terms of story and gameplay.
I'm not really interested in naval and I hope the balance between land/sea is okay.
But if gameplay improvements and story are satisfying I would give it a shot.

I'm not feeling too optimistic about land-gameplay imrpovements for Rogue. Expect it to be copy paste of the AC3/4 versions of the core pillars pretty much.

Fetu2010
08-06-2014, 09:21 PM
I'm getting Unity, definitely, even if I don't have a next-gen console yet (hoping to have it by then, but we'll see what finances are). The French Revolution is a fascinating time period and just begs to have the eternal Assassin/Templar conflict threading through it. I love the idea of getting back to the basics of AC (discover things about your target, figure out how to take down the target, get out safely) again. I've missed that in recent AC titles.

I still have my PS3, but I may skip on Rogue, since I really don't like the idea of playing the world's villains, as if they're actually in the right. I'll take a look once it's out, but unless there's a really compelling story reason, I'll be good with watching game play to know what happens, or just reading about it in the archives. Definitely not a pre-order for me.

This is very sad for me, actually. Assassin's Creed is the only reason this old fart started gaming in the first place, and I don't like that it's taken a turn I don't want to follow.

shobhit7777777
08-06-2014, 09:24 PM
snip.

So its safe to say...that a full, deep, lush Rouge would be perfect for you

Jexx21
08-07-2014, 12:45 AM
like your blood

Xstantin
08-07-2014, 01:46 AM
I wasn't sure whether it deserves it's own thread but according to the wiki Elise's last name is De la Serre (guess Shay is her father theory is out, unless he changes names)

LoyalACFan
08-07-2014, 02:35 AM
I wasn't sure whether it deserves it's own thread but according to the wiki Elise's last name is De la Serre (guess Shay is her father theory is out, unless he changes names)

That's not really a surname :p It literally just means "from La Serre," which according to Wikipedia is a commune in the south of France. Kind of like "Da Vinci," my freshman art professor went ballistic whenever someone referred to Leonardo solely as "Da Vinci" because it's not a name, it's a descriptor. Actually, it's the same thing as Ezio Auditore da Firenze; his last name's Auditore, his name isn't Mr. Da Firenze. Apparently most people didn't use actual surnames back in those days unless they belonged to a noble family.

In any case, Shay could technically be her father, but that would be kind of lame and forced IMO; he's an Irish Templar operating in America who somehow wound up in France? Eh...

Jexx21
08-07-2014, 02:40 AM
What if Elise and Arno are both adopted and their father isn't married?

Xstantin
08-07-2014, 02:47 AM
@Loyal, thanks for clarifying, I asummed de la- something was just a noble last name, oh well the more you know :p

Ichrukia56
08-07-2014, 02:51 AM
Both as i really love the Story in the Assassin's Creed games and while i do like the Multiplayer i am happy that Unity is Co-Op and Rouge has no Multiplayer in it which mean more focus on Singleplayer :)

MurphyTarbawls
08-07-2014, 03:37 AM
Going with Unity. I'll just have to wait for someone to release the cut scenes from Rogue. I'm sure It'll play a role in Ubisofts grand scheme but it's totally last gen folks. PS4 from here on out. Just my 2 cents.

WT_Sherman
08-07-2014, 04:19 AM
I don't have have a PS4 and no way am I getting a PS4 just for AC5 that has no competitive multiplayer. I might get Rogue since the naval enhancements sound interesting. I liked AC multiplayer and it is pathetic that all these "fans" are dancing on the grave of AC MP. Not sure why all the hate, maybe they sucked at it. Enjoy your boring co-op.

Until Ubisoft brings MP back into AC I will migrate to other games that embrace competitive play, and nothing from Ubisoft. Destiny looks decent and comes out next month, might go with that.

Sesheenku
08-07-2014, 05:20 AM
I don't have have a PS4 and no way am I getting a PS4 just for AC5 that has no competitive multiplayer. I might get Rogue since the naval enhancements sound interesting. I liked AC multiplayer and it is pathetic that all these "fans" are dancing on the grave of AC MP. Not sure why all the hate, maybe they sucked at it. Enjoy your boring co-op.

Until Ubisoft brings MP back into AC I will migrate to other games that embrace competitive play, and nothing from Ubisoft. Destiny looks decent and comes out next month, might go with that.

You do realize how salty you sound about not liking that most people don't give a rats *** about MP in AC?

Damn son, sodium levels are through the roof, back off, you're gonna dry up our blood.

Jexx21
08-07-2014, 05:24 AM
Unity's Co-op isn't gonna be boring...

And Destiny is mostly co-op.

Sesheenku
08-07-2014, 05:25 AM
Unity's Co-op isn't gonna be boring...

And Destiny is mostly co-op.

He's either trolling or just the typical ****** bag PvP stereotype you see in every single MMO.

Not all of them act that way but the loudest ones always do.

Not surprising really, the loudest ones are nearly always the most foolish ones.

LoyalACFan
08-07-2014, 05:42 AM

Wow, man, you're just 2hardcore4me :rolleyes:

Sesheenku
08-07-2014, 06:05 AM
Wow, man, you're just 2hardcore4me :rolleyes:

Whoa, whoa, whoa, sir. I'm gonna have to ask you to back up.

His sodium levels have reached cheap noodle soup levels. It's dangerous.

http://postbaccooking.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/top-rame.jpg

MetalGear312
08-07-2014, 08:15 AM
Both! I'm a rabid fanboy, and I don't mind dropping the extra paper on them both.

creedalien
08-07-2014, 08:53 AM
im the only one who think rogue story will be better than unity? unity looks like a complicated romantic plot to me.

kosmoscreed
08-07-2014, 09:09 AM
How? Rogue is released on november 11 and Unity on october 28.

yeah I got that backwards, lol

Gin0r
08-07-2014, 10:43 AM
As the guy who made the "will rogue get a current-gen port"-poll... Iíll get Unity right away and wait if Rogue gets released as a remaster for current-gen consoles in spring/summer or just get it for last-gen then, probably a bit cheaper... although Iím pretty sure Iíll have the story spoiled by then (Iím really weak when it comes to those things).

RinoTheBouncer
08-07-2014, 01:30 PM

I have nothing against the Multiplayer. Although Iím Prestige in ACIV MP for PS4, I still donít care much about it or the Co-op in Unity. I think that AC is a single player game and all those ďcompetitiveĒ modes are extras, nothing more.

SHADOWGARVIN
08-07-2014, 01:41 PM
I have nothing against the Multiplayer. Although I’m Prestige in ACIV MP for PS4, I still don’t care much about it or the Co-op in Unity. I think that AC is a single player game and all those “competitive” modes are extras, nothing more.

I completely agree.

RinoTheBouncer
08-07-2014, 02:07 PM
I completely agree.

Thank you, my friend. I don’t understand when did MP become such a big deal in AC that now some people say “I’ll boycott AC for dropping it” or “I’ll seek other franchises cause they have a competitive MP”. To me, AC is a single player, story driven game split between modern day and historical settings. The only equation that should always be kept and balanced is that the single player is No.1, the story is important and interconnected, modern day exists and the games are linked with one another, in an obvious way like a T.V. series. Otherwise, any additional stuff don’t really matter as much even if they are good.

jeordievera
08-07-2014, 02:15 PM
I don't do multiplayers, I like to play as a lone wolf and I will probably play all the Brotherhood missions in AC Unity by myself. Also I want to get all the targets by myself. It's good to have some help but I want to be the one killing the main target. I am a selfish assassin :)

RinoTheBouncer
08-07-2014, 02:25 PM
I don't do multiplayers, I like to play as a lone wolf and I will probably play all the Brotherhood missions in AC Unity by myself. Also I want to get all the targets by myself. It's good to have some help but I want to be the one killing the main target. I am a selfish assassin :)

Me too. I’ll play and finish AC:U in single player. I might start Co-Op AFTER I finish it, but I will in no way rely on online play to finish a single player story.

pacmanate
08-07-2014, 02:48 PM
Im glad Rogue has no MP, I already think they are stretching resources between that and Unity already, which is probably why Rogue is the biggest reskin since AC:B

Dome500
08-07-2014, 05:21 PM

I don't understand the context quite right but I'm starting to think you are making fun of me...
So I'm not gonna answer that....

Ureh
08-08-2014, 06:29 AM
I don't understand the context quite right but I'm starting to think you are making fun of me...

shobhit is just making fun of your spelling. You spelled Rogue as rouge. Rouge is a facial cosmetic.

Sesheenku
08-08-2014, 06:33 AM
Im glad Rogue has no MP, I already think they are stretching resources between that and Unity already, which is probably why Rogue is the biggest reskin since AC:B

At least ACB made a graphical jump.

Depending on how samey the mechanics are ACB might have trumped it in advancement of the mechanics and new features too.

shobhit7777777
08-08-2014, 06:59 AM

shobhit is just making fun of your spelling. You spelled Rogue as rouge. Rouge is a facial cosmetic.

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/003869443/416747076_batman_laughing_xlarge.jpeg

Synchrossassin
08-08-2014, 07:16 AM
Lol I was only planning on getting Unity for my first New-gen game, which I'm buying an Xbone a week in advance of October 28th just to be ready :) I knew I was still going to play whatever the last gen version of AC game would be about, but not sure whether I'd actually buy it, I wasn't very interested, because I figured (before hearing any rumors at all) that it would still have some naval sailing stuff in it and Black Flag gave me enough, but I couldn't see Ubisoft just ditching all that hard work of the ocean/water and sailing/boat mechanics of an entire game unless they used it in at least 1 more game (which they did) and after the announcement of Rogue and learning all these details about it, I'm definitely getting it. Probably not day 1, but not too long after. I love (and hate) the idea of playing from a Templar's perspective. And from what it sounds like, it's not just another pirate game, it's not set in the caribbean but instead in the Atlantic I think, and has cold weather/ice bergs and also has some of either the same frontier or a different yet similar frontier-like area wilderness for exploration..plus the get off your boat whenever you want thing..so it's sounding like a mix between AC3's approximate location of land with AC 4's naval freedom..also they said Shay's boat is even smaller than Edward's Jackdaw, so you will be able to explore small rivers throughout land..so it sounds pretty sweet to me!!!! But I swear the only thing that will really piss me off is if they re-use the animations from previous games...like this is an Assassin-turned-Templar so he will move similarly yet he should Definitely have his own animations and feel ya know??

Sesheenku
08-08-2014, 07:34 AM
Lol I was only planning on getting Unity for my first New-gen game, which I'm buying an Xbone a week in advance of October 28th just to be ready :) I knew I was still going to play whatever the last gen version of AC game would be about, but not sure whether I'd actually buy it, I wasn't very interested, because I figured (before hearing any rumors at all) that it would still have some naval sailing stuff in it and Black Flag gave me enough, but I couldn't see Ubisoft just ditching all that hard work of the ocean/water and sailing/boat mechanics of an entire game unless they used it in at least 1 more game (which they did) and after the announcement of Rogue and learning all these details about it, I'm definitely getting it. Probably not day 1, but not too long after. I love (and hate) the idea of playing from a Templar's perspective. And from what it sounds like, it's not just another pirate game, it's not set in the caribbean but instead in the Atlantic I think, and has cold weather/ice bergs and also has some of either the same frontier or a different yet similar frontier-like area wilderness for exploration..plus the get off your boat whenever you want thing..so it's sounding like a mix between AC3's approximate location of land with AC 4's naval freedom..also they said Shay's boat is even smaller than Edward's Jackdaw, so you will be able to explore small rivers throughout land..so it sounds pretty sweet to me!!!! But I swear the only thing that will really piss me off is if they re-use the animations from previous games...like this is an Assassin-turned-Templar so he will move similarly yet he should Definitely have his own animations and feel ya know??

Paragraphs man, use em.

It's difficult to read when it's all in one big mish mash.

In any case don't count on anything too fresh and new. This is going to most likely be their most obvious re-skin yet.

At least if you put your expectations that low you might enjoy it more. I put my expectations too high for AC4 and I was severely disappointed because of that. I can't even play it again.

That said for Unity my expectations are ultra high again as they should be for any main game, especially the first one on a new gen. I would set them to be more reasonable but screw that, this is the main course and should meet all expectations.

Anything less and I shouldn't feel any emotion besides disappointment and anger at yet another game that fails to meet expectations (Not saying it won't I fully expect it too and it better deliver.)

RinoTheBouncer
08-08-2014, 10:51 AM

I agree with you. Since the Multiplayer was introduced in Brotherhood and Iíve been saying that itís a waste of resources. I know that many of us did like it. I honestly started playing in ACIV because thatís when AC:Initiates offered XP for leveling up and I did enjoy it and reached Prestige in ACIV MP, but Iíd trade any MP for a better single player experience and a better story and in this case, the resources are shattered between two games and MP is a game of itís own so we donít need the resources distributed on 4 since Co-Op is obviously a whole new thing even if it takes place within the same story mode.

Dome500
08-08-2014, 02:49 PM

Oh, must have overseen that. Thanks for the info.

And Batman strikes again ;)

LatinaC09
08-08-2014, 03:37 PM
I agree with you. Since the Multiplayer was introduced in Brotherhood and I’ve been saying that it’s a waste of resources. I know that many of us did like it. I honestly started playing in ACIV because that’s when AC:Initiates offered XP for leveling up and I did enjoy it and reached Prestige in ACIV MP, but I’d trade any MP for a better single player experience and a better story and in this case, the resources are shattered between two games and MP is a game of it’s own so we don’t need the resources distributed on 4 since Co-Op is obviously a whole new thing even if it takes place within the same story mode.

I'm with you on this one. I never really thought of AC as a multi-player game. I thought that it was an ok addition but often fell short of expectations. I only played it for the trophies/achievements honestly. I am glad that they are removing it. Now Co-op is something that will be interesting and I am definitely looking forward to it.

RinoTheBouncer
08-08-2014, 03:39 PM
I'm with you on this one. I never really thought of AC as a multi-player game. I thought that it was an ok addition but often fell short of expectations. I only played it for the trophies/achievements honestly. I am glad that they are removing it. Now Co-op is something that will be interesting and I am definitely looking forward to it.

I agree with you. I think Co-Up will be more of a motivation to bring more people to the story mode of the game and enjoy the story they’re showing and don’t want to compete, but rather enjoy the atmosphere, together. Many people just wanna roam around town, annoying and killing guards and that’s what Co-Op is giving them without wasting too much resources on a whole new mode built from scratch.

MasterAssasin84
08-08-2014, 03:44 PM
Unity has my attention !

But Shay is an interesting character .

AherasSTRG
08-08-2014, 03:47 PM
Shay > Arno for me. Getting Anakin Skywalker feels once again. I thought I would never see such a great story being retold.

cawatrooper
08-08-2014, 06:19 PM
I'm way more intrigued by Rogue right now.
I'm getting both games, to be sure, and I'll bet that Unity turns out to be the better game in the end, but Rogue has seemed the more interesting to me back when we first heard about it under the name "Comet".

lothario-da-be
08-08-2014, 06:32 PM
The fact that the game doesn't have MP makes me think this is even more of a cash grab short game. Especially because they said " at this stage there is no MP". Does that mean we get MP as DLC?
This makes me wonder how long this game has been in development, 1 year? 8 months? 6 months?

Toa TAK
08-08-2014, 07:20 PM
The fact that the game doesn't have MP makes me think this is even more of a cash grab short game. Especially because they said " at this stage there is no MP". Does that mean we get MP as DLC?
This makes me wonder how long this game has been in development, 1 year? 8 months? 6 months?
Unity has no multiplayer, either, unless you consider MP Co-OP as well.

lothario-da-be
08-08-2014, 07:24 PM
Unity has no multiplayer, either, unless you consider MP Co-OP as well.
But Unity is already much bigger and more innovative than rogue, the game is massive and doesn't need MP. But Rogue already seems such a small game with no new city and no real new features, now it seems it has no MP too wich makes this game even smaller.

NondairyGold
08-08-2014, 07:25 PM

Unfortunately it looks like MP could be finished for good, according to this article by kotaku about the future of AC. I know I never really bothered with it, but it takes a lot of time to create maps and character's for it. Only a hardcore of players (compared to those that played the main game) used the MP and maybe they thought that their resources could be better spent on the core game.

http://kotaku.com/the-2013-survey-that-foretold-the-future-of-assassins-c-1618246631?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

pacmanate
08-08-2014, 07:28 PM

Actually, we will never see MP ever again.

Ubisoft said in the Blog the reason they don't have MP is that they saw that SP and MP were 2 completely different games. Thats why they went back to the drawing board to intergrated both into single player.

shingorengeki84
08-08-2014, 07:33 PM
I preordered a special edition of Unity as well and will also buy Rogue on itīs release day. :D

lothario-da-be
08-08-2014, 07:40 PM
Unfortunately it looks like MP could be finished for good, according to this article by kotaku about the future of AC. I know I never really bothered with it, but it takes a lot of time to create maps and character's for it. Only a hardcore of players (compared to those that played the main game) used the MP and maybe they thought that their resources could be better spent on the core game.

http://kotaku.com/the-2013-survey-that-foretold-the-future-of-assassins-c-1618246631?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow
WOW that is pretty impressive! This also means they realy listen to the fans, the question is if that is always a good thing to do.
I actualy realy liked the MP in AC. I thought it was nice that it's gone in ac unity but I hope it isn't gone forever.

Synchrossassin
08-09-2014, 04:08 AM
Paragraphs man, use em.

It's difficult to read when it's all in one big mish mash.

In any case don't count on anything too fresh and new. This is going to most likely be their most obvious re-skin yet.

At least if you put your expectations that low you might enjoy it more. I put my expectations too high for AC4 and I was severely disappointed because of that. I can't even play it again.

That said for Unity my expectations are ultra high again as they should be for any main game, especially the first one on a new gen. I would set them to be more reasonable but screw that, this is the main course and should meet all expectations.

Anything less and I shouldn't feel any emotion besides disappointment and anger at yet another game that fails to meet expectations (Not saying it won't I fully expect it too and it better deliver.)

I did use a paragraph (just trying to be a funny sarcastic *** lol) ..but yes I know multiple paragraphs would make it easier to read however I was in a hurry and when I'm typing (and thinking) a lot I just need to get it out, otherwise I would have presented it much better. Also I think I did pretty well with spelling almost everything correctly, if not everything, and grammar was at least fairly decent, give me some credit man T.T it was a lot better than most people on the internet's, I think :P

ANYWAY I'll stop explaining and defending myself, I tend to do that quite often..it's a habit..

and yes I learned a few years ago to Not have high expectations or any at all, because often the anticipated game is a very well made game but because of all the hype a vid game might get, people end up saying it sucked and this and that..which is exactly what happened to AC3. YES it had its many problems and bugs and everything everybody complains about, but even if it didn't have so many bugs, people would still have said it sucked, just because of how much Hype it had..like it is a great game in a general sense of video games being made today, however compared to other AC's it fell short of how epic people thought it was going to be..I do agree with people that it was wayy too scripted and not enough freedom (ironic considering what the game is all about xD ) was given to the player on how to complete objectives/assassinations..I did partially like how the combat system works, how you have more choice of what to do with your enemy immediately after you counter them, BUT I wish that counter window was a lot smaller, like it was wayy too easy, and same as Black Flag..however I don't mind it in Black Flag since it was less Assassin-type of game and it was pretty much a lot of screwing around pirate-ey badass fun lol

But I often think, if only we had the small navigation upgrade introduced in AC3 and give that to AC2, including whistling, contextually leaning around corners and better visuals etc then you would have an amazing game :)

And ^that^ is why I'm going to love Unity, AC back to its roots and with New-gen only focus, along with absolute freedom in completing objectives and the massively revamped core pillars, I think Unity will be the way AC was meant to be played!!!! :D

K I think that's all...for now :p

Sesheenku
08-09-2014, 05:23 AM
I did use a paragraph (just trying to be a funny sarcastic *** lol) ..but yes I know multiple paragraphs would make it easier to read however I was in a hurry and when I'm typing (and thinking) a lot I just need to get it out, otherwise I would have presented it much better. Also I think I did pretty well with spelling almost everything correctly, if not everything, and grammar was at least fairly decent, give me some credit man T.T it was a lot better than most people on the internet's, I think :P

ANYWAY I'll stop explaining and defending myself, I tend to do that quite often..it's a habit..

Your grammar and spelling was fine but dem walls, they're a pet peeve of mine.

and yes I learned a few years ago to Not have high expectations or any at all, because often the anticipated game is a very well made game but because of all the hype a vid game might get, people end up saying it sucked and this and that..which is exactly what happened to AC3. YES it had its many problems and bugs and everything everybody complains about, but even if it didn't have so many bugs, people would still have said it sucked, just because of how much Hype it had..like it is a great game in a general sense of video games being made today, however compared to other AC's it fell short of how epic people thought it was going to be..I do agree with people that it was wayy too scripted and not enough freedom (ironic considering what the game is all about xD ) was given to the player on how to complete objectives/assassinations..I did partially like how the combat system works, how you have more choice of what to do with your enemy immediately after you counter them, BUT I wish that counter window was a lot smaller, like it was wayy too easy, and same as Black Flag..however I don't mind it in Black Flag since it was less Assassin-type of game and it was pretty much a lot of screwing around pirate-ey badass fun lol

But I often think, if only we had the small navigation upgrade introduced in AC3 and give that to AC2, including whistling, contextually leaning around corners and better visuals etc then you would have an amazing game :)

And ^that^ is why I'm going to love Unity, AC back to its roots and with New-gen only focus, along with absolute freedom in completing objectives and the massively revamped core pillars, I think Unity will be the way AC was meant to be played!!!! :D

K I think that's all...for now :p

AC2 with all Unities features and graphics would be orgasmic. Orgasmic.

I hated 3's combat, it was too damn easy and I felt despite the added options that it felt more simple than ever, there was no reason to use the new features, enemies could be taken out the simple way with no trouble. Then on top of that all the counter resistant enemies took SOOOOO many hits to kill.

At least when it was forced in Revelations with the spear men you could take em out in a short 2-3 hit combo, but AC3 takes like 5 to 7 hits of which the enemy must remain unarmed so if you get hit or you have to pause to counter or parry you have to start ALL over again.

Even worse when you got your notoriety to max and those types of enemies keep spawning infinitely out of nowhere.

If you're gonna make combat take long it better be fun by being challenging and requiring thought and strategy.

-------------------------------

Speaking of pet peeves I just found the most amusing pet peeve.

"-People who put $30,000 in modifications to their ****ty Honda Civic."

Hehehehe the internet is funny.

Mine is people who put those cheap *** rims on nice cars. WHY would you totally ruin your nice new Nissan Altima by puttting cheap *** plasticy rims on it? No. Bad.

JustPlainQuirky
08-09-2014, 06:43 AM
https://38.media.tumblr.com/6d217c371901631d215271e549c43e89/tumblr_na0ubkZSKR1r6tmsdo1_500.png

This person had a good point. Partially why I'm not hyped for Unity anymore.

But Elise seems likable so we'll see.

LoyalACFan
08-09-2014, 07:06 AM
https://38.media.tumblr.com/6d217c371901631d215271e549c43e89/tumblr_na0ubkZSKR1r6tmsdo1_500.png

Templar-Assassin love affair really HASN'T been done though. Maria quit the Templars before she got with Altair, and that was in the crap PSP game to boot. Crossbow hidden blade also hasn't been done before and is such a small and dumb thing to complain about. And we're only allowed to do one revolution? o_O

Dumb meme is dumb.

Sesheenku
08-09-2014, 09:06 AM

You disappoint Mayrice!

A story and its elements are just a skeleton that can't be fully known until it's dressed in its skin.

After all many stories are based on good vs evil and share several traits, it matters how it's dressed and presented.

This is the nature of literature and its descendants.

killzab
08-09-2014, 09:15 AM

They're revamping all the gameplay mechanics and a lot of people have been begging for the French Revolution.

And it's TOTALLY different from the American Revolution.

What else do you want ?

AherasSTRG
08-09-2014, 09:31 AM

Please, enlighten me. In which game did we have a crossbow hidden blade? And also, if two eras are named after the same word, does thar mean they are the same in terms of political and social value?

Sushiglutton
08-09-2014, 09:31 AM
Yeah Unity sounds super generic. I mean we play as yet another two-legged protagonist in a three-dimensional world. The sky is blue and blood is red just like in every other game. Boooooring!

RinoTheBouncer
08-09-2014, 12:06 PM
Yeah Unity sounds super generic. I mean we play as yet another two-legged protagonist in a three-dimensional world. The sky is blue and blood is red just like in every other game. Boooooring!

I think what we really want is an Assassin’s Creed game focused on the Assassins alone, just like ACI was. They tried so hard to create a likable character like Ezio and they’ve failed. I’m getting Unity and Rogue because I don’t wanna miss any AC game but I personally believe that they’re trying way too hard and bringing way too many elements for the franchise’s own good. It became too crowded with elements that the story’s becoming irrelevant. AC1 was annoyingly repetitive but the story is what kept me going. Now we have a ton of activities, weapons, side missions, collectibles yet you keep wondering “why am I doing this?”.

I believe what they need to do is go back to roots. Bringing an well-known historical event and making it everything that matters and showing some known historical figures isn’t enough. AC1 had the Assassins and the Templars under the magnifying glass and everything else was a beautiful blurred background like any macro/close up and it was beautiful, but now I feel like the Assassins and the Templars are just an excuse to set a game around a known historical period and that isn’t enough. The franchise is still young, relevant and selling very well and I think they shouldn’t be starting to borrow elements from past games just yet nor rely on Co-Op to sell.

Dev_Anj
08-09-2014, 01:20 PM
The franchise is still young, relevant and selling very well and I think they shouldn’t be starting to borrow elements from past games just yet nor rely on Co-Op to sell.

You mean they're only touting coop, and not talking about the revamped mechanics to promote the game? Also Assassin's Creed: Unity is going back to its roots, it seems to focus on assassinations.

SHADOWGARVIN
08-09-2014, 01:27 PM
I believe what they need to do is go back to roots.

Based on all the interviews this is exactly what they wanted to do with unity. If it was succesfull remains to be seen.

AherasSTRG
08-09-2014, 02:28 PM
Co-op is not the main focus of the game, it's just advertised so much for marketing purposes. The same goes for Piracy and AC4 and the multiplayer for Brotherhood.

PS: I forgot to cry today for Rogue not being released for the PC.

http://i.imgur.com/3HUlDp5.gif?1

Dome500
08-09-2014, 03:59 PM
I'm already out of the "gotta get them all" loop. Only buying the games that impress me nowadays. Unity is almost a sure buy, but Rogue.... have to wait and see...

Synchrossassin
08-09-2014, 08:15 PM
Your grammar and spelling was fine but dem walls, they're a pet peeve of mine.

AC2 with all Unities features and graphics would be orgasmic. Orgasmic.

I hated 3's combat, it was too damn easy and I felt despite the added options that it felt more simple than ever, there was no reason to use the new features, enemies could be taken out the simple way with no trouble. Then on top of that all the counter resistant enemies took SOOOOO many hits to kill.

At least when it was forced in Revelations with the spear men you could take em out in a short 2-3 hit combo, but AC3 takes like 5 to 7 hits of which the enemy must remain unarmed so if you get hit or you have to pause to counter or parry you have to start ALL over again.

Even worse when you got your notoriety to max and those types of enemies keep spawning infinitely out of nowhere.

If you're gonna make combat take long it better be fun by being challenging and requiring thought and strategy.

-------------------------------

Speaking of pet peeves I just found the most amusing pet peeve.

"-People who put $30,000 in modifications to their ****ty Honda Civic."

Hehehehe the internet is funny.

Mine is people who put those cheap *** rims on nice cars. WHY would you totally ruin your nice new Nissan Altima by puttting cheap *** plasticy rims on it? No. Bad.

LOL YES Orgasmic is the correct word to use. And I agree with all you said about the combat system of AC3..so many stabs and slashes and blood flyin everywhere without really doing anything, no damage all you had to do was keep it going and Bam they're 'combo' killed..that's what I was worried about first and foremost when I saw the tiny bit of swordplay combat in the Co-op demo from E3, it just seemed like a lot of repeated slashing and stabbing again..however I have seen a few different vids since then that make more sense of it, and although it still looks similar it is quite different, since they have a parry, strike, block, dodge etc like they keep saying its a rock-paper-scissors kinda thing only multiple (as in More than 2) enemies attacking at once, for once :P

So I'm not too worried about the combat anymore, since it will be difficult to master and you can't just keep button mashing, or insta-countering and counter kills because they took out the Counter Everything button and replaced it with a Parry I think they said which doesn't Parry or Deflect every attack, like you have to use the different buttons to successfully repel or defeat the different types of enemies. ALSO I love that they've brought back a sort of Strafe or Dodge kinda thing, I felt like I had more control of the combat in the Ezio games than in AC3 on forward because it felt more like sword fighting when I could dodge or strafe and yeah...I can't keep talking about this game, getting too excited..so many things seem to have been fixed or adjusted or upgraded...So Happy :D

Darkljolly
08-09-2014, 10:36 PM
Getting both.

Unity will have a much better gameplay due to the new engine and they're focusing more on AC 1 way of assinations

But Rouge will most definetly have the more interesting story, better exploration and superior setting. One big city is a step back from multiple smaller cities.

SHADOWGARVIN
08-09-2014, 11:08 PM
Getting both.

Unity will have a much better gameplay due to the new engine and they're focusing more on AC 1 way of assinations

But Rouge will most definetly have the more interesting story, better exploration and superior setting. One big city is a step back from multiple smaller cities.

The setting won't be superior. The french revolution is a much better setting. Plus new york was terrible. Paris will be much better.

Sesheenku
08-09-2014, 11:17 PM
LOL YES Orgasmic is the correct word to use. And I agree with all you said about the combat system of AC3..so many stabs and slashes and blood flyin everywhere without really doing anything, no damage all you had to do was keep it going and Bam they're 'combo' killed..that's what I was worried about first and foremost when I saw the tiny bit of swordplay combat in the Co-op demo from E3, it just seemed like a lot of repeated slashing and stabbing again..however I have seen a few different vids since then that make more sense of it, and although it still looks similar it is quite different, since they have a parry, strike, block, dodge etc like they keep saying its a rock-paper-scissors kinda thing only multiple (as in More than 2) enemies attacking at once, for once :P

So I'm not too worried about the combat anymore, since it will be difficult to master and you can't just keep button mashing, or insta-countering and counter kills because they took out the Counter Everything button and replaced it with a Parry I think they said which doesn't Parry or Deflect every attack, like you have to use the different buttons to successfully repel or defeat the different types of enemies. ALSO I love that they've brought back a sort of Strafe or Dodge kinda thing, I felt like I had more control of the combat in the Ezio games than in AC3 on forward because it felt more like sword fighting when I could dodge or strafe and yeah...I can't keep talking about this game, getting too excited..so many things seem to have been fixed or adjusted or upgraded...So Happy :D

It seems like you can choose a direction too when you dodge? I hope I'm right.

Landruner
08-10-2014, 02:23 AM
you know that AC/Rogue will come in HD version for the new system and PC don't you?

Synchrossassin
08-10-2014, 06:20 AM
It seems like you can choose a direction too when you dodge? I hope I'm right.

I hope you're right also :) but I'm sure we can choose the direction, that would be a little ridiculous if we couldn't..also looks like we can quickly dodge backwards, if I saw that correctly in the vid..

Darkljolly
08-10-2014, 06:24 AM
The setting won't be superior. The french revolution is a much better setting. Plus new york was terrible. Paris will be much better.

Sure one big grey dull city vs One small dull grey city + Colorful explorative Appalachian River Valley+ Dangerous and enticing Polar North.

Rouge has the better setting hands down.

Assassin_M
08-10-2014, 06:27 AM
Am I the only one who thinks both settings are awesome? What the hell?

JustPlainQuirky
08-10-2014, 06:31 AM
I like both settings....

Landruner
08-10-2014, 06:35 AM

no you are not the only one....

Assassin_M
08-10-2014, 06:47 AM
I like both settings....

no you are not the only one....
Oh thank god

TJ_Wylde
08-10-2014, 06:51 AM
Actually like both settings a lot as well. If done properly that one big city can be a huge play ground :). And i did already pre-order AC:U CE. as i did with all previous AC games. And i will get AC Rogue as well for sure. But i will wait a bit to see if it gets a PS4 version like AC:BF did or if it stays on the previous gen only.

Jexx21
08-10-2014, 07:23 AM
I also like both settings M.

Sesheenku
08-10-2014, 07:47 AM
Sure one big grey dull city vs One small dull grey city + Colorful explorative Appalachian River Valley+ Dangerous and enticing Polar North.

Such bias.

Unity also has glorious second empire type French interiors, a heavy inspiration mind you for some of the most glorious Victorian era houses to ever appear in America. In other words, marble, wood, expensive materials and excessive details and vibrant colors.

This doesn't even speak about Versailles.

An opinion is fine but I won't allow you or anyone else to say such tripe as either is most certainly superior without a good verbal smack.

Nothing I hate more than fools peddling opinion as undeniable fact.

killzab
08-10-2014, 11:15 AM
Such bias.

Unity also has glorious second empire type French interiors, a heavy inspiration mind you for some of the most glorious Victorian era houses to ever appear in America. In other words, marble, wood, expensive materials and excessive details and vibrant colors.

This doesn't even speak about Versailles.

An opinion is fine but I won't allow you or anyone else to say such tripe as either is most certainly superior without a good verbal smack.

Nothing I hate more than fools peddling opinion as undeniable fact.

Aaah thanks !

The more I read your posts Sheseenku, the more I agree with you about a lot of things.

As a Parisian myself , I was flabbergasted by this post.

It's perfectly fine to like Rogue's settings, I like it myself, with the icy waters and everything, I don't even mind New York

But to say Paris is a grey dull city .... OMG ...

And I'm not talking about Versailles... Probably the most beautiful castle in the world.

RinoTheBouncer
08-10-2014, 11:36 AM

They are!

Sesheenku
08-10-2014, 08:04 PM
Aaah thanks !

The more I read your posts Sheseenku, the more I agree with you about a lot of things.

As a Parisian myself , I was flabbergasted by this post.

It's perfectly fine to like Rogue's settings, I like it myself, with the icy waters and everything, I don't even mind New York

And I'm not talking about Versailles... Probably the most beautiful castle in the world.

Indeed, their architecture and classy interiors are so fantastic that I hope one day to purchase an authentic Victorian era house in the second empire style. I can find few things as beautiful as the exterior and interiors of those grand manors that put our dull, simple modern architecture to shame.

http://historicbuildingsct.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/silas-robbins-house.JPG

ze_topazio
08-10-2014, 08:11 PM
Second Empire architectural style was only created and used in the second half of the XIX century though.

Sesheenku
08-10-2014, 09:26 PM
Second Empire architectural style was only created and used in the second half of the XIX century though.

The point being that it draws inspiration from the architecture present in Unity.

http://gamingbolt.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/assassins-creed-unity.jpg

Particularly the roof.

However the interiors of their buildings also influence that type of Victorian architecture later on. Their excessive detail, vibrant, rich colors, and classy look are part of what inspires Victorians.

Assassin_M
08-10-2014, 09:41 PM

It can be dull and grey to someone...it's subjective, it's not OBJECTIVELY beautiful, i thought we were countering proclaiming opinions as facts here.

killzab
08-10-2014, 09:58 PM
It can be dull and grey to someone...it's subjective, it's not OBJECTIVELY beautiful, i thought we were countering proclaiming opinions as facts here.

Well it can be considered dull, but it's not grey haha

Assassin_M
08-10-2014, 10:04 PM
Well it can be considered dull, but it's not grey haha
Well, okay..some of the buildings are grey

Sesheenku
08-10-2014, 10:31 PM

It's more along the lines of that being a generalization clearly based on his bias.

Indeed it's subjective but one shouldn't say such tripe as he did while ignoring the fact that it's subjective just because they prefer something.

Assassin_M
08-10-2014, 10:32 PM
It's more along the lines of that being a generalization clearly based on his bias.

Indeed it's subjective but one shouldn't say such tripe as he did while ignoring the fact that it's subjective just because they prefer something.
I'm talking about calling Paris objectively beautiful and jumping on someone for not thinking so...

Sesheenku
08-10-2014, 10:34 PM
I'm talking about calling Paris objectively beautiful and jumping on someone for not thinking so...

Just covering my bases bud.

killzab
08-10-2014, 10:38 PM

Where did I say it was "objectively" beautiful ? Do you have to write IMO in every sentence ?

Darkljolly
08-10-2014, 10:38 PM
Lol, so having opinion makes me bias.

Even though I just said I'm getting both games and I also said that New york is a boring city as well. the only difference is I don't have to be stuck in there the whole game . Nice logic there.

Jexx21
08-10-2014, 10:40 PM

actually it does.

opinionated = bias

Sesheenku
08-10-2014, 10:41 PM

Even though I'm obviously getting both games and I also think New york is a boring city as well. Nice logic there.

You certainly said it in a way where you think it's superior.

You don't need IMO but your wording can imply many things.

So untie your breeches there and chill.

"Sure one big grey dull city vs One small dull grey city + Colorful explorative Appalachian River Valley+ Dangerous and enticing Polar North.

Rouge has the better setting hands down."

That wording is quite strong. I wouldn't have even bothered if you left "hands down" out.

actually it does.

opinionated = bias

True but one should be capable of overcoming their personal opinions for the sake of healthy debate.

Assassin_M
08-10-2014, 10:43 PM
Do you have to write IMO in every sentence ?
No..but you were "flabbergasted" because someone called Paris dull..

"I was flabbergasted by this post.

And I'm not talking about Versailles... Probably the most beautiful castle in the world."

so what you're saying is that, perfectly fine to like Rogue setting but not liking Paris and calling boring? OMG

Jexx21
08-10-2014, 10:46 PM
True but one should be capable of overcoming their personal opinions for the sake of healthy debate.

never said the opposite.

killzab
08-10-2014, 10:52 PM
No..but you were "flabbergasted" because someone called Paris dull..

"I was flabbergasted by this post.

And I'm not talking about Versailles... Probably the most beautiful castle in the world."

so what you're saying is that, perfectly fine to like Rogue setting but not liking Paris and calling boring? OMG

I've got the right to be suprised by someone's opinion you know ... as long as I respect it, which is something you don't often do !

Assassin_M
08-10-2014, 10:56 PM
I've got the right to be suprised by someone's opinion you know ... as long as I respect it, which is something you don't often do !
Lol why are you bringing me into this? So defensive. I think your "surprise" at his opinion was disrespectful and implied condescension...it wasnt the type of surprise that was "oh...well, it's rare to see someone think that Paris is dull" but rather "HOLY CRAP, OMG, i'm shocked that someone would think paris is boring....you can say NY is good but say paris is boring? OMG"

Jexx21
08-10-2014, 10:59 PM
I think Paris looks beautiful and has the potential to be my favorite city in the game.

But I also loved Boston and New York.

One of the reason's I'm looking forward to Paris is because it feels like a blend of gothic, colonial, and rennaisance architecture to me, not to mention the new parkour mechanics.

RinoTheBouncer
08-10-2014, 11:42 PM
Since we’re talking about cities, I must say that I’m equally excited for both Unity and Rogue, even though I’m not very fond of having to do ships again but the idea of playing as a Templar will for sure overweigh any downside with the setting. I think Paris could be one of the best settings even though I’m sad that Versailles isn’t a part of as far as we know. I’ve been there, it’s really one of the best Castles around the world and it would make a great part of AC. However, my personal favorite setting is still Istanbul and The Frontier followed by Florence, Monteriggioni and Masyaf.

Darkljolly
08-11-2014, 12:03 AM
You certainly said it in a way where you think it's superior.

Rouge has the better setting hands down."

That wording is quite strong. I wouldn't have even bothered if you left "hands down" out.

Uhh, when someone prefer's something over another thing, it's beacuase they think its superior., in some ways or all ways

That applies to anything. To me the setting is superior, whethere that's true or not, to me it is.

But sorry if my way of expressing my opinion is too strong for you.

On the brighter side, there's no way Paris can be worse than Rome.

Assassin_M
08-11-2014, 12:06 AM
On the brighter side, there's no way Paris can be worse than Rome *Shudders*
Hellooooo best friend.

Sesheenku
08-11-2014, 12:39 AM
Uhh, when someone prefer's something over another thing, it's beacuase they think its superior., in some ways or all ways

That applies to anything. To me the setting is superior, whethere that's true or not, to me it is.

But sorry if my way of expressing my opinion is too strong for you.

On the brighter side, there's no way Paris can be worse than Rome.

Is that so?

I prefer blue over red cause blue is clearly superior hands down.

Makes no sense.

Maybe I just like blue more than I like red why do I have to think it's superior to prefer it? That's not how people work.

Unless you have issues and you have to like the things that you perceive as superior.

Megas_Doux
08-11-2014, 12:57 AM

That is your opinion!

I would take for an Assassinīs Creed game a city whose magnificent palaces and cathedrals have made one of the most beautiful and visited cities in the world, with the extra ingredient that you will be able to seamlessly go inside them .....And doing so during one of the most important events in western history. And dont get me wrong, I loved ACIV and I am trying to keep my hype levels as low as possible, but that is the way I feel.

I might be prejudicing Rogue, but it screams Cash cow for me, see how it fares.

Assassin_M
08-11-2014, 01:21 AM
Is that so?

I prefer blue over red cause blue is clearly superior hands down.

Makes no sense.

Maybe I just like blue more than I like red why do I have to think it's superior to prefer it? That's not how people work.

Unless you have issues and you have to like the things that you perceive as superior.
You DO realize that you're just arguing for the sake of arguing, right? You're doing nothing to advance the discussion but argue pointless and unnecessary semantics. drop it.

That is your opinion!
OF COURSE it is, he doesn't have to type "imo" at the end of every sentence -_-

Syler99
08-11-2014, 02:04 AM
You forgot the neither option. I'm not getting either this round unity finds it too hard to make a character type they apparently wanted in the game and rouge while generic guy yet again gets at least +1 for being Irish its not enough to get me on board, but I'll be telling them what makes me buy their games for next round. The only way I might reamend my stance on unity is if the fem Templar gets a dlc or expansion add on that has her being the PC and not just Arno's LI or rescue.

Darkljolly
08-11-2014, 02:42 AM
Anyways, Unity and Rouge will be glorious games regardless of which setting I prefer most.

LoyalACFan
08-11-2014, 02:50 AM
Iím sad that Versailles isnít a part of as far as we know. Iíve been there, itís really one of the best Castles around the world and it would make a great part of AC.

I'm pretty sure Versailles IS in? I know I heard them say that at least once. Unless they've backtracked on that without me hearing about it, yeah, Versailles is in.

Sesheenku
08-11-2014, 07:28 AM
You DO realize that you're just arguing for the sake of arguing, right? You're doing nothing to advance the discussion but argue pointless and unnecessary semantics. drop it.

You do know the meaning of semantics right? Sometimes I feel like you throw words around.

Semantics would be if I was arguing about the meaning of his sentence, phrase, or a particular word. You know like when Desmond in AC1 calls what Vidic is describing "animal instinct". Desmond tries to argue about his phrases meaning.

My last point was that superiority and preference are mutually exclusive, one does not need the other. Else there would be no people who prefer something considered lower quality or inferior such as the case with say a Volkswagen Beetle and a BMW 6 series coupe. That is not the case however as preference is determined by infinitely more factors.

You forgot the neither option. I'm not getting either this round unity finds it too hard to make a character type they apparently wanted in the game and rouge while generic guy yet again gets at least +1 for being Irish its not enough to get me on board, but I'll be telling them what makes me buy their games for next round. The only way I might reamend my stance on unity is if the fem Templar gets a dlc or expansion add on that has her being the PC and not just Arno's LI or rescue.

This again? I thought we were done with this nonsense. Honestly I'm fed up with the whining about such insignificant issues in a series that has had more diversity than you can shake a stick at.

Stop it. It's getting super pathetic now. If you don't like it fine but go start a rally at Ubi's door or something... I don't know about everyone else but I'm sick and tired of hearing this kind of stuff.

It's about as important as whether or not Arno will use a sword or a mace as his canon weapon. It isn't. It isn't important and the social justice whining isn't going to convince anyone otherwise, at least not in this series.

Write them an angry email or something just don't make me have to look at it cause seriously it's like having a friend who just talks about the same thing over and over and over and OVER AND OVER AND OVER. All. The. Time. Non. Stop.

Assassin_M
08-11-2014, 07:43 AM
You do know the meaning of semantics right? Sometimes I feel like you throw words around.

Semantics would be if I was arguing about the meaning of his sentence, phrase, or a particular word. You know like when Desmond in AC1 calls what Vidic is describing "animal instinct". Desmond tries to argue about his phrases meaning.

My last point was that superiority and preference are mutually exclusive, one does not need the other. Else there would be no people who prefer something considered lower quality or inferior such as the case with say a Volkswagen Beetle and a BMW 6 series coupe. That is not the case however as preference is determined by infinitely more factors.

There he goes again..."Semantics is arguing the meaning of a word, phrase, sentence or text" That's EXACTLY what you did and it's EXACTLY what you're doing now.

Sesheenku
08-11-2014, 07:58 AM
There he goes again..."Semantics is arguing the meaning of a word, phrase, sentence or text" That's EXACTLY what you did and it's EXACTLY what you're doing now.

There is no arguing the definition of preference, it's set. The factors that go into it are subjective and can be argued but not preference itself.

We can argue about what makes a person prefer something but at the end of the day preference is a set definition, a greater liking for an alternative what leads to that is different for everyone which is why I said he's wrong when he says superiority plays a role in preference. It doesn't for everyone and is subjective.

Now get off my back already, you want me to shut up but you keep arguing.

Assassin_M
08-11-2014, 08:29 AM
There is no arguing the definition of preference, it's set. The factors that go into it are subjective and can be argued but not preference itself.

We can argue about what makes a person prefer something but at the end of the day preference is a set definition, a greater liking for an alternative what leads to that is different for everyone which is why I said he's wrong when he says superiority plays a role in preference. It doesn't for everyone and is subjective.

Now get off my back already, you want me to shut up but you keep arguing.
I just want to show you how much you're complicating things AND arguing unnecessarily...I don't want you to shut up, I would hate that...really.

Sesheenku
08-11-2014, 08:42 AM
I just want to show you how much you're complicating things AND arguing unnecessarily...I don't want you to shut up, I would hate that...really.

I know what I'm doing, I simply find it difficult to just let such things pass by without a satisfying conclusion.

In any case he dropped it so it's not like I was going to go and continue on.

As for the bolded...

-insert typical tsundere response-

Assassin_M
08-11-2014, 08:51 AM
-insert typical tsundere response-
oooooooh who's that?

Sesheenku
08-11-2014, 08:59 AM
oooooooh who's that?

Incoming weaboo crap.

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Tsundere+Wolverine_d056bb_4691348.gif

http://i.imgur.com/jlBiIj2.png

Fatal-Feit
08-11-2014, 09:04 AM
http://i62.tinypic.com/125jjwo.jpg

****ing tsunderes...

Still waiting for a new age of anime that are actually good again.

RinoTheBouncer
08-11-2014, 11:19 AM
I'm pretty sure Versailles IS in? I know I heard them say that at least once. Unless they've backtracked on that without me hearing about it, yeah, Versailles is in.

Then that is GREAT NEWS. Cause I was personally worried that it might not be in since they said itís just Paris and Versailles is kinda on the outskirts. I didnít watch many interviews because they either spoil or bring too many high expectations and eventually, disappointments. But itís really great to hear that it is a part of it. Iíd love to see them put the Eiffel Tower in the Modern Day segment. For example, they could put that Abstergo office or Assassins Hideout atop the Eiffel tower since thereís the ďsecret apartment(s)Ē on top of it, as far as I know and they could take advantage of that or perhaps some hotel room or apartment nearby where we can see it up close.

PRWarrior1986
09-06-2014, 11:35 PM
I will be getting both since I heard Rogue will be connected to Unity.

OpticSpecs
09-07-2014, 04:57 AM
I'm getting both.

I've always wanted to play as a Templar, because their my favourite

Unites co-op should be fun.

Namikaze_17
09-07-2014, 06:26 AM
I like both Cities and Settings...

Sometimes bigger doesn't equal better guys...

Paris could flop ( Which I doubt)

And NY Could flourish

And Vice Versa...point is, it's all in the eye of the beholder.

Hans684
09-07-2014, 08:30 AM
Pre-ordered Rogue yesterday and pre-ordered Unity a long time a go, so I'm getting both.

RinoTheBouncer
09-07-2014, 02:50 PM
I like both Cities and Settings...

Sometimes bigger doesn't equal better guys...

Paris could flop ( Which I doubt)

And NY Could flourish

And Vice Versa...point is, it's all in the eye of the beholder.

I agree. Just because a game is “big” doesn’t mean it’s good and Paris/French Revolution are well-known settings, yes but that doesn’t mean everybody enjoys them. The game has re-invented it’s formula, entirely so I think there’s a higher chance that some fans will dislike the changes or just not feel so used to them, even though there will definitely be newcomers and those who appreciate the changes. I also think that Rogue will be very interesting since it’s gonna be a Templar game and will bring back Haytham, Adťwale and Achilles. But on the other hand, many might criticize it for borrowing a lot from ACIV and ACIII’s gameplay and locations, respectfully.

So it depends on what outweighs what and how the public will receive both entries.

Pre-ordered Rogue yesterday and pre-ordered Unity a long time a go, so I'm getting both.

I pre-ordered them both last Thursday. Was planning to do so for a while but waited to be closer to the release date since I often buy on eBay.

m4r-k7
09-07-2014, 03:07 PM
I will buy Unity first for sure.

Then I will wait until Rogue is ported over to next-gen and then decide whether to get it :D

Hans684
09-07-2014, 03:57 PM
I pre-ordered them both last Thursday. Was planning to do so for a while but waited to be closer to the release date since I often buy on eBay.

The reason i waited to pre-order Rogue was because i expected an big edition like with Unity but it never showed up, so i pre-rdered it.