PDA

View Full Version : 190 vs La7

XyZspineZyX
09-06-2003, 08:52 PM
Ok, i hear everyone whining about the 190, but what about the La7??!? I've seen this thing pull a *very* tight almost blackout vertical loop and still come out with almos the same E as it had going in. I'm not saying it Completly uber, i'm just saying i've seen it do some crazy stuff. Ofcourse, i've seen the 190 do some crazy stuff also, but alot of 190 jocks admit there is something wrong. I've yet to see any go "I love the La7, and i fly it all the time. but there is definatly some FM discrepencies"

XyZspineZyX
09-06-2003, 08:52 PM
Ok, i hear everyone whining about the 190, but what about the La7??!? I've seen this thing pull a *very* tight almost blackout vertical loop and still come out with almos the same E as it had going in. I'm not saying it Completly uber, i'm just saying i've seen it do some crazy stuff. Ofcourse, i've seen the 190 do some crazy stuff also, but alot of 190 jocks admit there is something wrong. I've yet to see any go "I love the La7, and i fly it all the time. but there is definatly some FM discrepencies"

XyZspineZyX
09-06-2003, 09:00 PM
The AI is a b-tch,,makes me mad!/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

http://members.chello.se/unni/GK-2.JPG

'When it comes to aircombat, I'd rather be lucky than good any day!'

ZG77_Nagual
09-06-2003, 09:02 PM
What alot of people seem to be missing is that there are ALLWAYS going to be discrepencies. The only way around that is to take the approach of my primitive flights simms and use tables based directly on the data and charts people are using to compare to - then the planes would achieve x speed an x altitude, would turn thus and such and break up just then. This simm is much more complex than that.

Back to your subject though - the la7, near as I can tell, should be the best turn fighter in the simm. I personally never fly it - in fact I'm usually fighting them in a 190 and I don't fight them horizontally so it really doesn't matter how well they turn - at higher speeds the 190 will outturn them.

http://pws.chartermi.net/~cmorey/pics/p47janes.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-06-2003, 09:20 PM
If we believe what the Russian data says, it should be pretty close to a Bf109F-4 in turn performance.

In any rate, the La-7 has got a lot of options to choose from, and it is great in every aspect of every possible attribute a WW2 fighter can have, maybe the exception of high alt performance and bad visibility, extreme high speed maneuvering.

It is in the game, and was in R/L, probably one of the best low-mid alt interceptor fighter to ever see daylight. No wonder Kozhedub so stubbornly believed that his La-7, was the best fighter of WW2 - he's not much wrong!

-----------
Due to pressure from the moderators, the sig returns to..

"It's the machine, not the man." - Materialist, and proud of it!

XyZspineZyX
09-06-2003, 09:20 PM
The La-7 is definatly the best allied fighter currently in FB. I consider it to be an equal match for the Fw 190D9 late, which dispite what some people claim, is the better of the two D9's.

<center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I/JG1 Oesau (http://jg1-oesau.org) is recruiting. Join us!

Stab.I/JG1Death at HL, Maj_Death at Ubi.com

At the start of WW2 the German army lacked experienced anti-aircraft gunners. The average gunner was so bad that the USSR decided to help them out. They did it by forcing some of their pilots to fly I-153 flak magnets. These planes were slow but very sturdy. This allowed German anti-aircraft gunners to get a large amount of target practice on a relatively small number of planes. Thanks to the Soviets help, by the end of the war the German anti-aircraft gunners were amoung the best in the world.</center>

XyZspineZyX
09-06-2003, 10:03 PM
I'd like to see them left alone. I think it's a pretty fair fight.

25th_Buzz
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<center>
http://www.vfa25.com/sigs/buzz.jpg

ZG77_Nagual
09-06-2003, 10:54 PM
I've been doing well in the 190as - now I gotta get going in the dora. Woe is me. Major D - are you likeing the dora as well as the antons?

XyZspineZyX
09-06-2003, 11:04 PM
dora is certain, best 190 from performance, but i have problem with firepower

i not so good gunman

like therefore more a9

dora11 with mk108 in nose and little more speed as dora9 would nice.

Message Edited on 09/07/0301:10AM by Skalgrim

XyZspineZyX
09-07-2003, 01:02 AM
I'm not arguing about the turn performance. It is, as it should be, incredibly good. I'm saying i've been an indicated distance of 1.75-2.10 away from it, and pulling away. At this point, I've pulled up in a zoom climb (in a 190) and into a loop. The La7 Followed me into the loop, went higher, and came out with so much E that he had to throttle down to avoid overshooting me.

XyZspineZyX
09-07-2003, 01:12 AM
1. Better maneuverability = Better E retention in maneuvers associated with "turns". However slightly it is, you still pull the stick if you nose up to go vertical. Even if the La-7 flies the exact same path as your Dora flies, it will lose less E.

2. The La-7 can easily 'cut the corners' to nab you at the apex of your zoom climb. You shouldn't think that it you go into a zoom climb with certain angle, the La-7 will do the same.

3. It depends on the relative E state and stature of two planes. If vertical maneuvers were so easy to judge, there won't be people getting shot down.

-----------
Due to pressure from the moderators, the sig returns to..

"It's the machine, not the man." - Materialist, and proud of it!

XyZspineZyX
09-07-2003, 01:13 AM
I fly all the Fw 190's. The F8 is my favorite of them. The A9 comes second and the D9 late is third.

<center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the start of WW2 the German army lacked experienced anti-aircraft gunners. The average gunner was so bad that the USSR decided to help them out. They did it by forcing some of their pilots to fly I-153 flak magnets. These planes were slow but very sturdy. This allowed German anti-aircraft gunners to get a large amount of target practice on a relatively small number of planes. Thanks to the Soviets help, by the end of the war the German anti-aircraft gunners were amoung the best in the world.</center>

ZG77_Nagual
09-07-2003, 05:20 AM
I'd say a9, a5 and dora for me - I'll try the f8 haven't used it yet - I have no probs vs la7s in the antons - it's about energy - keep it and they can't stay with you when you go vertical - It works - but you really have to have a sense of your and your opponenents energy state. Also - at high speeds you can turn inside them easily - just go vertical before things get slow.

XyZspineZyX
09-07-2003, 06:12 AM
I don't use the F8 for dogfighting unless I have to, I use it for mudmoving.