PDA

View Full Version : Arno's Fate?

Namikaze_17
08-04-2014, 02:49 AM
I know that it's too soon for some people, but I'm really curious as to what's gonna happen to Arno in the end/after of Unity?
Is he gonna end up like Altair and die in the shadows after serving the brotherhood? ( Assuming Elise dies)
Will he end up like Ezio, and quit the brotherhood to live a peaceful happy with Elise or any other woman he may end up with.
Or will he end like Connor and suffers a major tragedy after the revolution....( I.e. Napoleon)
And lastly, will he end like Edward.....making a change in his life, but end up dying off-screen?

What do you guys think?

Will Arno end up like any of these, or will he end up something completely different.

Feel Free to Discuss......

guardian_titan
08-04-2014, 03:12 AM
Edward died in the Forsaken novel so not exactly off-screen. Off-screen in a visual media sense perhaps. We still know how he died, though. That's more than we could say for Aveline and Connor. Their deaths are more off-screen than Edward's and entirely unknown.

Since there is no Arno in history, he obviously steps back into the shadows after his story's over. He'll either fade away and focus on family (something he never really had himself as a boy), get the guillotine at the very end after fathering some random kid that leads to who ever, or he'll father some random kid and go *poof* leaving the mother up a creek while who goes and does who knows what (freaks out over being a father and thinking he'll be a failure). Other option is he becomes the mentor of the French assassins while also raising a family, but we've seen that story before with Ezio and the Italian branch (although he raised a family after he retired) ... and Altair. Having a deadbeat who knows he fathered a kid and abandoned it would be more interesting and be in contrast to Ezio, Altair, and Edward who all took responsibility for their kids while also being unforeseen by the fan base. But chances are Arno will be the little goody-two-shoes so has a kid and raises it just like every other Assassin we've seen. :p Ubisoft's getting predictable.

I don't see Arno dying at the end frankly although if his game ends ambiguously like Connor and Aveline leaving a lot of questions like what happens to them after, people might get pissed at Ubisoft to continue Arno's story, too, making three assassins brushed under the rug and being beaten flat.

Fatal-Feit
08-04-2014, 03:25 AM
Elise is in her family's tomb, under a Templar friend's plan in order to escape to Versailles with Arno. But unfortunately, Arno doesn't receive the Templar's message about how Elise is not truly dead, so he assumes she is really deceased. Arno goes to buy some poison, and goes to the tomb so that he can see Elise one last time.

Arno drinks the poison, and then Elise wakes up, only to see her beloved one lying dead on the ground. She grabs Arno's hidden blade and stabs herself.

This tragedy ends the feuds between the Assassins and Templar.

:)

HDinHB
08-04-2014, 03:34 AM
That's a brilliant and original ending! The only thing that would make it better would be if she tried to kiss the poison off Arno's lips before stabbing herself.

I think I'll wait til I play the game before I worry how Arno dies.

DarnedNut
08-04-2014, 03:34 AM
Elise is in her family's tomb, under a Templar friend's plan in order to escape to Versailles with Arno. But unfortunately, Arno doesn't receive the Templar's message about how Elise is not truly dead, so he assumes she is really deceased. Arno goes to buy some poison, and goes to the tomb so that he can see Elise one last time.

Arno drinks the poison, and then Elise wakes up, only to see her beloved one lying dead on the ground. She grabs Arno's hidden blade and stabs herself.

Sounds too much like Romeo and Juliet story :3

JustPlainQuirky
08-04-2014, 03:37 AM
^ whaaaaaat? Naaaaaaaaaah :rolleyes:

HDinHB
08-04-2014, 03:39 AM
Sounds too much like Romeo and Juliet story :3

Romeo and who?

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-04-2014, 03:49 AM

Lolz Romeo and Juliet :p

Namikaze_17
08-04-2014, 04:26 AM

Then Napoleon comes in and restarts the conflict. Lololol.

But seriously, I see Arno on the Connor/Edward kind of end but also a slight of Altair as well.

Sesheenku
08-04-2014, 04:42 AM
I'm thinking he's gonna be a parallel for Altair. Think about it, he's already got the Templar lover.

I expect he'll become the master of the French brotherhood, and stay with it till the end and maybe he'll convince Elise to cooperate.

Since they're bringing the franchise back to it's roots it's the best opportunity for them to draw a parallel between a new assassin and Altair if that's what they want to do.

Sigv4rd
08-04-2014, 04:43 AM
Something like this will happen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahFARm2j38c
Except with the Assassins trying to kill Elise, and the Templars trying to kill Arno. Arno will use I giant Templar cross to beat them back. lol

Xstantin
08-04-2014, 05:35 AM
I demand Game of Thrones wedding! not really #ArnoElisesequel

Legendz54
08-04-2014, 05:37 AM
Arno and Elise will Mr and Mrs Smith it.. Start fighting and then start making out.

Sigv4rd
08-04-2014, 06:46 AM
Elise will look up and shout "Save me!"

And Arno will look down and whisper "The Requirement for male acquaintances shall always preclude the requirement for a wench (bros b4 hos)"

Then he will proceed to do several co op missions with the Assassin BROtherhood... lol

JustPlainQuirky
08-04-2014, 07:06 AM
Elise will look up and shout "Save me!"

And Arno will look down and whisper "The Requirement for male acquaintances shall always preclude the requirement for a wench"

http://i.imgur.com/0YLPW0Y.gif

Namikaze_17
01-03-2015, 04:41 PM
Figure I bring back this dusty thread for the occasion... :rolleyes:

What do you think will happen to Arno?

ze_topazio
01-03-2015, 04:47 PM
He died of constipation.

Assassin_M
01-03-2015, 05:04 PM
He'll retire like Ezio. Arno's entire story centered around fanaticism and extremism.

The only reason he survived was that he, while his job as an Assassin was extreme, was a much milder extreme as the Revolution made the Assassins look like moderates. His entire end speech is about dogma and fanaticism. I'd assume he'd serve the brotherhood loyally for some time but then decide that he's had enough because he doesn't want to end up like Bellec and retire peacefully with whomever he ends up with.
I'd actually imagine that had Elise survived, Arno would have retired from the Assassins or just not returned to them. It's not that he didn't believe in the cause. He just doesn't have Connor's perseverance nor Altair's devotion.

MasterAssasin84
01-03-2015, 05:13 PM
Its a shame really I mean when I was playing through the single player campaign I was thinking to myself were is this going ?

The prominent points that really stand out is that Assassins Creed unity has a Love story element to it ? ....

SixKeys
01-03-2015, 05:28 PM
He'll retire like Ezio. Arno's entire story centered around fanaticism and extremism.

The only reason he survived was that he, while his job as an Assassin was extreme, was a much milder extreme as the Revolution made the Assassins look like moderates. His entire end speech is about dogma and fanaticism. I'd assume he'd serve the brotherhood loyally for some time but then decide that he's had enough because he doesn't want to end up like Bellec and retire peacefully with whomever he ends up with.
I'd actually imagine that had Elise survived, Arno would have retired from the Assassins or just not returned to them. It's not that he didn't believe in the cause. He just doesn't have Connor's perseverance nor Altair's devotion.

I wish I could believe that, but somehow I doubt it. The whole "oh, it's all about dogma and fanaticism" aspect kinda felt like it was written in at the last minute to give the story some semblance of depth, but it felt pretty disjointed from Arno's quest really. So far Ubi haven't allowed any assassin to retire before old age just because they'd had enough of fighting. (Edward was an exception and I'd say it was because his role in Forsaken was written before they had a proper backstory for him.)

I'm guessing Arno starts off as an embittered drunk in the DLC, then finds a reason to live - maybe another woman, maybe some noble cause - and to keep fighting for the assassins.

JustPlainQuirky
01-03-2015, 05:32 PM
He has a kid and dies immediately after.

Nah, I wish.

He likely retires, as M said. But not before being a master assassin for a while.

Assassin_M
01-03-2015, 05:34 PM
I wish I could believe that, but somehow I doubt it. The whole "oh, it's all about dogma and fanaticism" aspect kinda felt like it was written in at the last minute to give the story some semblance of depth, but it felt pretty disjointed from Arno's quest really. So far Ubi haven't allowed any assassin to retire before old age just because they'd had enough of fighting. (Edward was an exception and I'd say it was because his role in Forsaken was written before they had a proper backstory for him.)
It didn't feel that way at all to me. I saw the theme of dogma all throughout the game.

The Revolution, Bellec, Robespierre, the brief chat Arno and Elise had about the father of understanding

I didn't feel like it came out of no where to me. Arno wouldnt retire because he's had enough of fighting, though. He'd retire because he wouldst want to end up like Bellec and become a fanatic soldier.

As for Edward, who knows?

I'm guessing Arno starts off as an embittered drunk in the DLC, then finds a reason to live - maybe another woman, maybe some noble cause - and to keep fighting for the assassins.
I don't think that'll be the case.

Hans684
01-03-2015, 08:17 PM
He leaves Paris seeking isolation in Dead Kings, so from there it seems like an escape or finding and fixing himself.

I-Like-Pie45
01-03-2015, 09:09 PM
Arno signs himself into an asylum, where he uses his cafe money to have cadavers dressed like Elise brought in for his personal pleasure.

RADAR__4077
01-03-2015, 09:36 PM
Arno signs himself into an asylum, where he uses his cafe money to have cadavers dressed like Elise brought in for his personal pleasure.

Roflmao!

...where he lives to be an old man who dies covered in his own **** after falling off the toilet.

Altair1789
01-03-2015, 10:50 PM

Thanks Shakes-Feit

adventurewomen
01-03-2015, 10:54 PM
Maybe the Dead Kings DLC has the answer?

I didn't want Elise to die in the end of Unity, poor Arno loved her so much.. her death reminded me of Christina's death

dargor5
01-03-2015, 11:12 PM

How will he be fighting for the Assassins? He got expeled from the order after everything he did. I wonder if he would turn templar, the assassin order seems to have lost its way after Ezio

Pandassin
01-03-2015, 11:21 PM
How will he be fighting for the Assassins? He got expeled from the order after everything he did. I wonder if he would turn templar, the assassin order seems to have lost its way after Ezio

Arno rejoined the Brotherhood as a Master Assassin some time after the events of Unity, so I doubt he would turn Templar unless he turned on the Assassins or got kicked out the Brotherhood again :P

Bleem7
01-03-2015, 11:27 PM
Arno becoming a Templar would actually be a fun way to continue the story. That way he could honor Elise or something, that is if he loved her that much.

The assassins kinda did get messed up, especially in Unity. It was weird to see everybody flipping out that one time when Arno chose to kill a target by himself (don't remember the guy). Guess not everything is permitted :rolleyes:

Altair1789
01-03-2015, 11:34 PM
I didn't really like Arno, but I want a decent ending for him. Please not the Connor treatment

Arno becoming a Templar would actually be a fun way to continue the story. That way he could honor Elise or something, that is if he loved her that much.

The assassins kinda did get messed up, especially in Unity. It was weird to see everybody flipping out that one time when Arno chose to kill a target by himself (don't remember the guy). Guess not everything is permitted :rolleyes:

Yea, I thought the assassins' system was pretty stupid. I didn't like Mirabeau's way of doing anything. I agreed with Bellec 100%, but I thought killing Mirabeau was too extreme

Bleem7
01-03-2015, 11:39 PM
but I thought killing Mirabeau was too extreme

Well he was killed in real history, so Ubi had to get rid of him one way or the other.

Pandassin
01-03-2015, 11:43 PM

I agree, the Assassins in Unity seemed really strict and overreacted when Arno killed a target (even though he would probably have to kill him anyways and it saved a journey going back and forth from the Bureau). I dread to think how they would react if Edward was their recruit...

It would be pretty nice if Arno became a Templar in Élise's memory though.

Hans684
01-03-2015, 11:51 PM

Agree

The Templar he just killed worked with Élise and didn't conspire against De La Serre, so he messed up. Their reaction made sense, Bellec even called him a cold bloodthirsty murder.

Assassin_M
01-03-2015, 11:59 PM
Suuuuure, lets have anyone do whatever the hell they wanted. Everything is permitted is not what you think it means. Bellec himself warned Arno of just killing anyone they pleased at any given time. The Assassins are calculating, careful soldiers, not some anarchists who kill anyone, anywhere, whenever.

Lafreniere could have been a valuable ally against Germain but Arno's brashness took that chance away because he worked on his own

The assassin order seems to have lost its way after Ezio
Lol, no it hasn't. Ezio wasn't the leader of the Assassins, he was only mentor of the Italian branch and a very effective and influential one. The Turkish Assassins were a great guild that Ezio royally screwed up by getting involved in their affairs but he did set it back in order, so there's that.

Ah Tabai established a great brotherhood. One that attempted to follow the model of Altair's Brotherhood back at Masyaf. Ah Tabai's wisdom attracted many individuals such as Adewale, Mary Read and Achilles. All would go on to do great things. The Brotherhood in the indies would go on to hold power in the area for a long time, so far that the modern day Templars still think some remnants of the Brotherhood still exist there guarding the observatory.

The french brotherhood had managed to establish a truce with the Templars, which is more than I could say for Ezio's time.

Connor brotherhood also becomes powerful and influential, so much that someone like Bellec puts it up there with Ezio's and Altair's brotherhoods. So...yeah. Kind of a moot point. Sure, there were some corrupt brotherhoods, like Mackandal's but hey, it happens all the time. it happened in Altair's time.

Hans684
03-15-2015, 12:22 PM
He hunts down Napoleon and at some point gets a box, he is assassinated moments latter by a unknown person. Her name is revealed to be Cormac.

Namikaze_17
03-15-2015, 12:26 PM
He hunts down Napoleon and at some point gets a box, he is assassinated moments latter by a unknown person. Her name is revealed to be Cormack.

The irony.

Is she red headed?

Hans684
03-15-2015, 12:34 PM
The irony.

He is living up to his fathers memory. :rolleyes:

Is she red headed?

Yes.

VoXngola
03-15-2015, 01:47 PM
He hunts down Napoleon and at some point gets a box, he is assassinated moments latter by a unknown person. Her name is revealed to be Cormac.

I'd pay to see this happen.

Xstantin
03-15-2015, 05:10 PM
Family feuds are new daddy issues.

Mr.Black24
03-15-2015, 09:22 PM
One thing for sure, I know there will be a confrontation of some type between Arno and Shay. How, when, and where is the question. At the same time, I feel like there will be talks between Connor and Arno, due to the fact that they are the behind-the-scenes big players of their respective revolutions AND the few members to actively try to create a truce and union of both Orders.

JustPlainQuirky
03-15-2015, 09:35 PM
erryboddeh want a piece of dat Shay