PDA

View Full Version : Settings bound to the specific car you're using

martlart
08-04-2014, 12:52 AM
A major annoyance for me with many racing games is that when I switch between cars, the method of shifting doesn't change depending on the car. If I for example switch from a manual car with clutch to a car with paddle shifters, I have to go into the settings to change this each time.

I think that this mostly applies to wheel users, but I think this would be great as the support for wheels is already so good. It doesn't seem like a difficult thing to make this setting specific to each car and I would really appreciate if this was made available in the game.

iFartzz
08-04-2014, 10:25 PM
I'm actually pretty sure that The Crew does take this into consideration. At least I remember an Aston Martin Vantage having paddle shifters in the game, and they were actually used :)

martlart
08-04-2014, 10:51 PM
I'm actually pretty sure that The Crew does take this into consideration. At least I remember an Aston Martin Vantage having paddle shifters in the game, and they were actually used :)

But if you used a clutch in the previous car, was the clutch automatically disabled when you used the Aston Martin?

UbiVolfbane
08-07-2014, 04:09 PM
The settings should be saved upon car build. If I am mistaken, it is something we will also pass along to the development team. Thank you for the feedback.