PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Unity Soundtrack Discussion - Now Released!

Pages : [1] 2

ACfan443
08-02-2014, 12:07 PM
AC Unity Soundtrack discussion thread.

Composers:
Chris Tilton
Sarah Schachner
Ryan Amon

New 5 minute preview:
http://youtu.be/zb0moWEErOM

UPDATE: 30/10/14
iTunes Soundtrack preview

http://youtu.be/xToN3aBlYE0

UPDATE: 4/11/14
Assassin's Creed Unity full soundtrack has been released, available to download on iTunes

Volume 1
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/assassins-creed-unity-vol/id931657012

Volume 2
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/assassins-creed-unity-vol./id931665223

Full soundtrack on YouTube (Volume 1 & 2)

http://youtu.be/WF-88EvlzwI

jayjay275
08-02-2014, 12:21 PM
Sounds pretty decent, liked the 3rd last one the most, sounded most stealthy. :p
Not sure what to make of the rest.

Jexx21
08-02-2014, 12:29 PM
i like them

GunnerGalactico
08-02-2014, 12:33 PM
It sounds dramatic and I like that. I like the second last track, I'm guessing that's one you'll hear when engaged in combat.

ACfan443
08-02-2014, 12:47 PM
It sounds dramatic and I like that. I like the second last track, I'm guessing that's one you'll hear when engaged in combat.

That's the part I don't like. I get that the music has to reflect the chaotic and turbulent nature of the period, but a few of those tracks sound like they were plucked straight out of AC3, bland and generic in my opinion. Of course I'm not going to pass judgement on the entire OST based on a few previews, but if we're talking about just these particular tracks, I'm not really a fan. (Bar the first one).

Megas_Doux
08-02-2014, 01:10 PM
Not impressed!

Most of them sound like discarded material from AC III, too "dramatic" and yet average at it. The only track I really like is the one at 3:40.....

AssassinHMS
08-02-2014, 01:45 PM
Nothing special. Although they seem to fit the game's atmosphere, they all sound very bland and uninspired to me. Honestly, they're forgettable.

The last one was the most interesting IMO, however I felt it belonged in AC4 BF’s soundtrack.

m4r-k7
08-02-2014, 01:53 PM
Im kinda disappointed with those tracks. They weren't memorable what so ever. Hopefully other tracks will be better.

ACfan443
08-02-2014, 02:08 PM
Nothing special. Although they seem to fit the game's atmosphere, they all sound very bland and uninspired to me. Honestly, they're forgettable.

The last one was the most interesting IMO, however I felt it belonged in AC4 BF’s soundtrack.

Because it was composed by Sarah Schachner, who provided additional tracks for AC4 (Pyrates Beware for example). I've definitely noticed a very subtle piratey influence coming through in some of the music used in Unity's promo material.

SHADOWGARVIN
08-02-2014, 02:26 PM
It's ok, but nothing special.

LoyalACFan
08-02-2014, 02:38 PM
IMO the one at 2:45 is pretty great. It has a hint of Ezio's Family in it, but not so much that it sounds like a ripoff of it. More of an homage.

However, wasn't this channel the same one who said Jesper Kyd's "Aphelion" was part of AC3's soundtrack? So, I'm not entirely sold.

jayjay275
08-02-2014, 02:42 PM
Many people seem disappointed, but let us remind ourselves it is a preview, though is it even official?

m4r-k7
08-02-2014, 02:44 PM
I just hope the main theme tune is good as thats what they play on the menu screen :)

AssassinHMS
08-02-2014, 02:44 PM
Because it was composed by Sarah Schachner, who provided additional tracks for AC4 (Pyrates Beware for example). I've definitely noticed a very subtle piratey influence coming through in some of the music used in Unity's promo material.

Well, that explains the similarity. Still, it's disappointing because I was a big fan of AC's OST until AC3.

Gladiaattori1500
08-02-2014, 02:46 PM
I've always loved AC soundtracks and this one doesn't seem to be any different :)

jayjay275
08-02-2014, 02:46 PM
Well, that explains the similarity. Still, it's disappointing because I was a big fan of AC's OST until AC3.

I miss Jesper Kyd too. :p

m4r-k7
08-02-2014, 02:47 PM
Its hard to tell really. It all depends on when and how they play the music.

jayjay275
08-02-2014, 02:48 PM
Its hard to tell really. It all depends on when and how they play the music.

Indeed. Like at 2:45, I haven't a clue when that'd play.

Legendz54
08-02-2014, 02:51 PM
I liked it, Although the preview is a little bland, barely any highlights and catchy tunes. Most of the time i just heard dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun... 3:40 was interesting.

Reptilis91
08-02-2014, 02:53 PM
And these:

http://picosong.com/cYva/
http://picosong.com/c52D/

Legendz54
08-02-2014, 02:54 PM
And these:

http://picosong.com/cYva/
http://picosong.com/c52D/

pretty sure that was from some youtube video of AC3 fan made..

EDIT: Just listened to the second one.. no way thats any part of ACU.

m4r-k7
08-02-2014, 03:00 PM

That top one is definitely part of the Unity soundtrack. I have heard that in 2 official Ubisoft video's. I like it - very catchy and reminds me of AC 4.

Legendz54
08-02-2014, 03:04 PM
That top one is definitely part of the Unity soundtrack. I have heard that in 2 official Ubisoft video's. I like it - very catchy and reminds me of AC 4.

Lol it sounds like pirates of the Caribbean, I thought this was the french revolution hahah.

m4r-k7
08-02-2014, 03:07 PM
Lol it sounds like pirates of the Caribbean, I thought this was the french revolution hahah.

Haha I will admit it is not a song that suits the French Revolution but its really catchy and happy lol

Reptilis91
08-02-2014, 03:07 PM

It's from the Comic con video Day 2 I believe.

Legendz54
08-02-2014, 03:11 PM
It's from the Comic con video Day 2 I believe.

Ok well if the second one is in the game If I hear it I will literally drop my controller and expect jack sparrow to run across the screen doing that weird run he does with 10 french guards chasing him.

kosmoscreed
08-02-2014, 03:51 PM
I think it sounds good but the sample is too small to make a decent judgement.

marvelfannumber
08-02-2014, 04:08 PM
About the same as AC4's soundtrack for me, bland and forgettable, I like the third track and last track though like other have said (even though the third track is just a rip off of Ezio's Family).

Also, am I still the only one who found AC4's soundtrack more forgettable than AC3's? I keep reading the opposite which honestly confuses me, as AC3 (in my opinion) had alot of great tracks, as opposed to AC4 where I can only recall the main theme.

Jexx21
08-02-2014, 04:17 PM
I think the only forgettable soundtracks in the AC series are AC1 and ACB

Really loved both AC3's and AC4's sound tracks.

However, Ezio's Family and the Assassin's Creed III Main Theme are easily the best tracks in the series.

JustPlainQuirky
08-02-2014, 04:18 PM
1. sounds dark animus-y
2. sounds like a call to action
3. sad emotional song for death of Elise or Arno I bet, hue.
4. intense stealth, fast-paced parkour or fighting theme?

Meh so far. Aside from the first one.

BUT THE SONG THAT WAS THE OUTRO IS REALLY CATCHY

ACfan443
08-02-2014, 04:23 PM
IMO the one at 2:45 is pretty great. It has a hint of Ezio's Family in it, but not so much that it sounds like a ripoff of it. More of an homage.

However, wasn't this channel the same one who said Jesper Kyd's "Aphelion" was part of AC3's soundtrack? So, I'm not entirely sold.

Yes, but the tracks in that preview are legit, almost all of them were featured multiple times in IGN's Making Of series, as well as the Comic-Con coverage videos.

http://youtu.be/3OjVQBpQSEU 3:39 - one of the tracks.

Someone asked Tilton on twitter if had composed the music in one of the previews uploaded by AC Univers, and he pretty much confirmed that he did. https://twitter.com/christilton/status/483049703831896065

Not sure about the second one, but the first one's definitely real

http://youtu.be/2t1Pt_hCFt0 0:30

DoNNiEDaRkO50
08-02-2014, 06:00 PM
Nothing can replace Jesper kyd IMO.Since AC3 the soundtrack was just okay. AC4 had some good tracks but never as good as Jesper's. Just imagine Jesper's atmospheric music on paris ! It's just crime that he's not composing for AC games anymore, especially this game.

Dellers
08-02-2014, 06:12 PM
Nothing can replace Jesper kyd IMO.Since AC3 the soundtrack was just okay. AC4 had some good tracks but never as good as Jesper's. Just imagine Jesper's atmospheric musc on paris ! It's just crime that he's not composing for AC games anymore, especially this game.
Yup. While the sound clips here sound good, I don't think they suit Assassin's Creed that well. What Jesper Kyd did in the first few games was so atmospheric and appropriate for them. The music and the locations paired together were extremely atmospheric, and no other games have given me the same feeling.

Dome500
08-02-2014, 06:37 PM
I would still prefer Jesper Kyd. That guy is a genious.

Made tracks for Hitman, Assassins Creed, Splinter Cell and a lot of other great games. Part-owner of IO Interactive.

ACfan443
08-02-2014, 07:01 PM
Nothing can replace Jesper kyd IMO.Since AC3 the soundtrack was just okay. AC4 had some good tracks but never as good as Jesper's. Just imagine Jesper's atmospheric music on paris ! It's just crime that he's not composing for AC games anymore, especially this game.

I agree, I definitely think the series has a seen a dip in quality since AC3 with respect to music. It's edged towards a more filmic, cinematic style and departed from the signature sound that Kyd established with the first four games, unfortunately. I would love for Kyd to have scored Unity, Paris and Jesper would have been a match made in heaven.

But I'm not going to write off these composers just yet, it's the ambient tracks where these games shine and we've barely heard any of those, or the soundtrack in general for that matter. And who knows, maybe the game has a masterpiece track that'll blow us away all over again.

LoyalACFan
08-02-2014, 07:07 PM
I agree, I definitely think the series has a seen a dip in quality since AC3 with respect to music. It's edged towards a more filmic, cinematic style and departed from the signature sound that Kyd established with the first four games, unfortunately. I would love for Kyd to have scored Unity, Paris and Jesper would have been a match made in heaven.

But I'm not going to write off these composers just yet, it's the ambient tracks where these games shine and we've barely heard any of those, or the soundtrack in general for that matter. And who knows, maybe the game has a masterpiece track that'll blow us away all over again.

Lol, "since AC3" there's only been one game :rolleyes: Whose soundtrack I loved, btw. In any case one game is hardly cause to think things are careening downhill; if I thought that I wouldn't have bought AC4.

ACfan443
08-02-2014, 07:16 PM
Lol, "since AC3" there's only been one game :rolleyes: Whose soundtrack I loved, btw. In any case one game is hardly cause to think things are careening downhill; if I thought that I wouldn't have bought AC4.

I didn't say they were? I was talking purely about the soundtrack, everything else is fine. I found both AC3's and AC4's OSTs generally forgettable and uninspiring. AC4 as a whole however is a massive improvement over AC3, but that's not what my post was about.

FlamingMoh
08-02-2014, 07:20 PM
Jesper's overrated imo.

jayjay275
08-02-2014, 07:24 PM
I quite liked how both Lorne Balfe and Jesper Kyd did Revelations, BUT the ambient music glitch occurs at the end of the freakin' game! I wish AC3 had ambient music, it was a shame to play just listening to the howling of wolves or the snow falling, though it did not stop me playing it the most out of all the games. Fortunately, they fixed the ambient music 'problem' in AC4.

HDinHB
08-02-2014, 07:34 PM
What? No shanties?

jayjay275
08-02-2014, 07:36 PM
What? No shanties?

Don't worry, didn't Alex Amancio say that there will be songs from pubs to collect?
EDIT: No, but you can listen to people sing in the social hubs/taverns.

HDinHB
08-02-2014, 07:41 PM
Don't worry, didn't Alex Amancio say that there will be songs from pubs to collect?
EDIT: No, but you can listen to people sing in the social hubs/taverns.

Oh good! They had some good Irish music on a couple of the fishing islands in AC4. I could just stand at the bar, drinking rum, listening to good music. Then wake up in a haystack.

Fatal-Feit
08-02-2014, 07:44 PM
Ambient aside, AC:3 had the most aspiring soundtrack, IMO. The soundtrack complimented the story very well, and listening to it now makes me much more emotional than the rest. AC:2-AC:R had some great ones as well, but only 1-2 of each were really memorable. I don't really remember much of AC:1's tracks but that's mostly because I spent the least time on that one. However, AC:IV's tracks are fantastic and remarkable. Some of AC:3's magic was lost, but it was nice going back to a less heavy and more fun theme. I still listen to the OSTs today. --Even swapped some of my game's MP3s for AC:IV's.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
08-02-2014, 08:18 PM
If you think Jesper is overrated just listen to Darksiders 2 OST Especially : The Corruption, Crystal Spire. Nevertheless even if he's overrated ( Which he's not), His style of music fits the AC series very well. It would have fitted AC3 and AC4 also, All this talk of his style not fitting the time period is completely BS IMO. He has a way of influencing every game he composes for. There's a HUGE difference between playing Darksiders 1 and Darksiders 2 . Why go far? Between AC1- AC:R and AC3-4. He has a way of mixing electronic elements with Choir that gives and amazing Atmosphere. The AC series has always been known for it's atmosphere, Unfortunately AC3 & 4 lacked this atmosphere and I think AC:U will still lack it Judging from this preview and IGN's Making of. I dunno why Ubisoft abandoned Jesper, But for whatever reason. IT'S A WRONG DECISION and one of the most important reasons ( for me ) to essentially lose interest in the series. don't get me wrong AC4 is a very good game and a massive improvement From AC3. I'm just commenting on the music part of the game. Actually the series isn't the same anymore after the departure of Patrice Désilets ,But that's another story best not to dwell on it .

SixKeys
08-02-2014, 08:44 PM
Sounds pretty generic and forgettable so far. I did like that they had some digital sounds in there, especially at the beginning.

Megas_Doux
08-02-2014, 08:49 PM
Matter of opinions, I loved AC IV´s soundtrack!

It is both "cinematic" and ambient, this one sounds like "action" outtakes from AC III, only way more generic.

Xstantin
08-02-2014, 08:56 PM
I really liked the shanties in Black Flag. Hope they can add some 18th century songs related to the French Revolution (for example, people could sing in the cafes they keep mentioning or something like that).

Megas_Doux
08-02-2014, 09:02 PM
I really liked the shanties in Black Flag. Hope they can add some 18th century songs related to the French Revolution (for example, people could sing in the cafes they keep mentioning or something like that).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpEesx_KyjM

Like that one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eG41pUcEug

Those are older than the Revolution and not even related to the struggle of it, but I like them!

Jexx21
08-02-2014, 09:03 PM
If you think Jesper is overrated just listen to Darksiders 2 OST Especially : The Corruption, Crystal Spire. Nevertheless even if he's overrated ( Which he's not), His style of music fits the AC series very well. It would have fitted AC3 and AC4 also, All this talk of his style not fitting the time period is completely BS IMO. He has a way of influencing every game he composes for. There's a HUGE difference between playing Darksiders 1 and Darksiders 2 . Why go far? Between AC1- AC:R and AC3-4. He has a way of mixing electronic elements with Choir that gives and amazing Atmosphere. The AC series has always been known for it's atmosphere, Unfortunately AC3 & 4 lacked this atmosphere and I think AC:U will still lack it Judging from this preview and IGN's Making of. I dunno why Ubisoft abandoned Jesper, But for whatever reason. IT'S A WRONG DECISION and one of the most important reasons ( for me ) to essentially lose interest in the series. don't get me wrong AC4 is a very good game and a massive improvement From AC3. I'm just commenting on the music part of the game. Actually the series isn't the same anymore after the departure of Patrice Désilets ,But that's another story best not to dwell on it .

Nah, Jesper Kyds definitely has a lot of forgettable soundtracks. Darksiders and Borderlands included.

Xstantin
08-02-2014, 09:11 PM
@Megas_Doux, something like that :p

overdidd
08-02-2014, 11:19 PM
Indeed. Like at 2:45, I haven't a clue when that'd play.
Sounds great to listen to while looking at various beautiful and exciting loading screens.

All stupid jokes aside. I really like these previews. They provoke a special feeling in me, which is good.

overdidd
08-02-2014, 11:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpEesx_KyjM

Like that one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eG41pUcEug

Those are older than the Revolution and not even related to the struggle of it, but I like them!

Chansons Françaises? That would be lovely! But I don't think they will include it though.

Locopells
08-03-2014, 12:18 AM
Part-owner of IO Interactive.

Well that explains a lot.

ACfan443
08-03-2014, 01:16 AM
Matter of opinions, I loved AC IV´s soundtrack!

It is both "cinematic" and ambient

It did actually have some great ambient tracks, but that was never a problem with AC games (apart from AC3, though the composer wasn't to blame). 'The Spanish Empire' is a favourite of mine, I love the infusion of electronic sounds and period scales, the Spanish guitar works really well against the digital noises and pulses, the track is just so classically AC.

The one thing that was prevalent in the older scores and something I sorely miss in the newer ones is a choir. Vocals were totally absent in AC4's soundtrack and used sparingly in AC3's, which was disappointing.

Sesheenku
08-03-2014, 02:05 AM
It's okay I suppose. Nothing I love yet.

Whatever though it's ALL subjective.

I liked some of the stuff in 1, loved 2 AND brotherhood, a few tracks in Revelations, a lot of 3's and I can't even remember 4's besides the theme.

The cinematic stuff suited 3 imo, especially the frontier battle, that song is just epic.

Not like I wouldn't like Kyd back but this isn't horrible by any means and if the song is placed in the right situation I'll probably remember it anyways. A good song is worthless if it doesn't go well enough with what's happening.

jayjay275
08-03-2014, 05:13 PM
I liked 2:45 and the track after especially. The track after sounds so stealthy. I understand that some of the others sound a little cinematic/generic.

Amaral724
08-03-2014, 05:55 PM
The first and the last one from the 5min video...EPIC!

ACfan443
08-03-2014, 06:07 PM
The first and the last one from the 5min video...EPIC!

A slightly extended version of the first one can be heard at the 1:14 mark here:

http://youtu.be/2t1Pt_hCFt0

Though it's mostly drowned out by the voice over. I advise turning the volume up a few notches.

jayjay275
08-03-2014, 07:47 PM
I like how the main theme has some modern likeness to it. I just wish we had more tracks like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOs57nGjRgE

lonewarrior30
08-03-2014, 09:25 PM
Here are 4 minutes of pure ACU soundtrack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxjfXe6zS3E&feature=youtu.be

Toa TAK
08-03-2014, 11:59 PM
Before I delve into nonsense, I have to say I'm really liking what I'm hearing from Unity so far. Sure it's more reminiscent of ACIII (not that it's a bad thing), but it's enjoyable nonetheless. It's also just a sample, and I remember being pretty amped about ACIV's Tyler score so we'll see until the full score comes out.

This guy gets it.

Although I'm sure Jesper Kyd left on his own, he's been doing a lot and I think having to continue to compose for AC would've gotten in the way of his own personal growth. I don't think Ubi abandoned him, but the other way around. And since Lorne Balfe has been around himself since BroHood's E3 trailer, they got him to do III after his partnership with Kyd on Revelations. Which, I should add, still owns in the "let's be stealthy now, k?" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI7snsG00ps) department of music.

Regardless of all that, AC1-Revelations had an incredibly unique sound that represents everything these games are about. It's truly incredible, I still think "Access the Animus (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiCml4wNrbU)" as the series' overall theme.

I like how the main theme has some modern likeness to it. I just wish we had more tracks like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOs57nGjRgE
I love Apple Chamber, but it's got nothing on The Vault (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx9Q3PtTRrs), the prayer-gone-haunting (a similar effect is also used in AC1, too (http://youtu.be/Lnw3Jry6kZk?t=3m2s)) perfects the track and really puts back the whole sci-fi framing story in the music. Stuff like this is what the recent AC games since the third have been missing. This atmosphere that perfectly intertwines the history and the science-ficiton, which is exactly the narrative the series weaves.
And since we hit Brotherhood, I'm super thirsty for some quality ambient tracks again. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdlmwwRcfog) Even if we only manage to hit one golden one and have it redone (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvZHAT7xHO4) three (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyee46OFCkc) times (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GctuPoKv79s), I'll take it.

Ureh
08-04-2014, 12:10 AM
I like the first and last one. :]

ACfan443
08-04-2014, 12:15 AM
Although I'm sure Jesper Kyd left on his own, he's been doing a lot and I think having to continue to compose for AC would've gotten in the way of his own personal growth.

Nah, it was Ubisoft's decision not to bring him back. From his interview with Gameinformer:

Well, the industry is constantly changing. Many of the big franchises have changed their composers and I think Ubisoft wanted to do the same.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/08/03/game-music-spotlight-jesper-kyd.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

Fatal-Feit
08-04-2014, 01:39 AM
Opinion =/= Fact , guys.

ACfan443
08-04-2014, 01:48 AM
Opinion =/= Fact , guys.

It's all opinion as far as I'm aware. It shouldn't be obligatory to stick an 'IMO' at the end of every sentence to validate it as such.

Toa TAK
08-04-2014, 03:15 AM
Opinion =/= Fact , guys.
Eh, the reason I make the assumption it was his decision to leave is that he didn't come back for Hitman, either. A series he also helmed in the same way as Assassin's Creed.

JustPlainQuirky
08-04-2014, 04:20 AM
Relistened.

Not a fan of the first one much anymore.

BUT DAT OUTRO

Namikaze_17
08-04-2014, 07:30 AM
Meh. I'm 50/50 about the Unity soundtracks. One did sound like something that should've been on AC4. But regarding Jesper Kyd, I admit, I LOVE his tracks in the first games. ( Especially AC1/ ACR) and "Venice Rooftops" or "Earth" were breathtaking. however I don't think AC3 had that "lost atmosphere" that some are talking about.....Lorne Balfe and his tracks ( Though not really ambient) were also very gritty and to the point much like AC3. Plus another problem probably stems from when and where Ubi decided to place their tracks.....the cities and the frontier ESPECIALLY needed a track in there. However, I think the AC3/TOKW tracks were pretty great. Only listen to "short reunite, long goodbye" or "man with the wolf hood" along with MANY unreleased AC3 tracks to get what I'm saying. But I honestly wouldn't mind Jesper back for another game.

masterfenix2009
08-04-2014, 07:54 AM
This sounds pretty good. So far my favorites have been AC2 and AC4 so far. With little bit of AC3.

Jexx21
08-04-2014, 10:17 AM
listening to it again, man I think these tracks are really good. I can't wait to hear the full soundtrack.

ACfan443
08-08-2014, 01:45 AM
2 new previews

http://youtu.be/5KibYpT3lpI

http://youtu.be/9hdBjdIylYg

JustPlainQuirky
08-08-2014, 01:49 AM
Soundtrack 2- meeeeeh

too repetative and....i feel like i've heard that rhythm in plenty other forms of media a thousand times before

but to be fair perhaps it goes really well with the scene

Soundtrack 1-

better than the first. i like some of the insturments used. And it feels like it had more melodies (not sure if the right word, not a music major) than the first one.

ACfan443
08-08-2014, 01:55 AM
Soundtrack 2- meeeeeh

too repetative and....i feel like i've heard that rhythm in plenty other forms of media a thousand times before

but to be fair perhaps it goes really well with the scene

I'm assuming it's combat music, since that's the purpose it served in the E3 demo.

http://youtu.be/L5oCobhHCmw

3:25

But I have a feeling it was just a placeholder and will be used somewhere else.

marvelfannumber
08-08-2014, 02:10 AM
I said this in another thread, but I do quite like the 2nd new track. It has a decent rythm and feel. Hopefully it fits the part in the game where it plays.

Also is it just me or does it sound like it has parts of Access the Animus snuck in every now and then (might just be a coincidence)?

LatinaC09
08-08-2014, 02:15 AM
2 new previews

Interesting. The 2nd video captured my interest. It was a bit more.....melodic. What is going on with these soundtracks? I hope this one doesn't turn out like Black Flag. That one was mediocre at best aside from the sea shanties and other vocal music IMHO. I miss Jesper and Lorne.

Toa TAK
08-08-2014, 02:19 AM
Also is it just me or does it sound like it has parts of Access the Animus snuck in every now and then (might just be a coincidence)?
Same here. Of course it's not AtA, but it strongly reminds me of it. And that's a good thing, I think.

Megas_Doux
08-08-2014, 02:25 AM
One could work for infiltration/stealth and the other for combat.

Ureh
08-08-2014, 05:54 AM
I really like the new ones. Good stuff. :O

DoNNiEDaRkO50
08-08-2014, 05:55 AM
Before I delve into nonsense, I have to say I'm really liking what I'm hearing from Unity so far. Sure it's more reminiscent of ACIII (not that it's a bad thing), but it's enjoyable nonetheless. It's also just a sample, and I remember being pretty amped about ACIV's Tyler score so we'll see until the full score comes out.

This guy gets it.

Although I'm sure Jesper Kyd left on his own, he's been doing a lot and I think having to continue to compose for AC would've gotten in the way of his own personal growth. I don't think Ubi abandoned him, but the other way around. And since Lorne Balfe has been around himself since BroHood's E3 trailer, they got him to do III after his partnership with Kyd on Revelations. Which, I should add, still owns in the "let's be stealthy now, k?" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI7snsG00ps) department of music.

Regardless of all that, AC1-Revelations had an incredibly unique sound that represents everything these games are about. It's truly incredible, I still think "Access the Animus (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiCml4wNrbU)" as the series' overall theme.

I love Apple Chamber, but it's got nothing on The Vault (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx9Q3PtTRrs), the prayer-gone-haunting (a similar effect is also used in AC1, too (http://youtu.be/Lnw3Jry6kZk?t=3m2s)) perfects the track and really puts back the whole sci-fi framing story in the music. Stuff like this is what the recent AC games since the third have been missing. This atmosphere that perfectly intertwines the history and the science-ficiton, which is exactly the narrative the series weaves.
And since we hit Brotherhood, I'm super thirsty for some quality ambient tracks again. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdlmwwRcfog) Even if we only manage to hit one golden one and have it redone (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvZHAT7xHO4) three (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyee46OFCkc) times (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GctuPoKv79s), I'll take it.
Maan, I remember listening to The Vault for the first time in the game. I was blown away. this theme only plays when you're not notorious. Shame lots of people don't know about it.Also The End fight theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-11s1rWrH9o
Good times

Sesheenku
08-08-2014, 06:12 AM
I'm confused Ubisoft, are we sailing on the seas of the Caribbean again or are we in 18th century ****ing Paris?

Seriously guys? Slap this composer so that they stop with the pirate style. Stop it. No. Bad composer. Black Flag is over. You're doing Paris now. Okay? P-A-R-I-S.

I really don't like Black Flag at all, in ANY way. Please do not even remind me that it exists by putting in this music that sounds quite frankly, exactly like Black Flags music.

JustPlainQuirky
08-08-2014, 07:04 AM
Can't wait to hear soundtrack to AC Rogue

jeordievera
08-08-2014, 07:15 AM
Can't wait to hear soundtrack to AC Rogue

I really like the Rogue trailer song, if the soundtrack sounds like that I will be happy :)

poptartz20
08-08-2014, 08:53 AM
I feel like these tracks are alright. They do come off as somewhat generic though. As much as I love to be positive I must agree. There is room for improvement! but they are samples! So maybe if they added some more depth to these they'll be great.

Also I'm okay with every AC track ever made wasn't made by Jesper kyd. -_- Great composer has a great industrial/electronic/vocal thing going, but I like the fact that they have brought in other people as well. I'm not gonna lie and say I remember every AC2 track because it blew my mind. haha. no, because it didn't. I feel there are tracks that were great from each game in the series. some are just more rememberable than others because how they made us feel at the time, or the message that was conveyed with the song. And honestly I feel it would be a disservice if they only used J. Kyd. because we would only hear his musical vision vs. for each game vs so many other just as talented artist.

Reptilis91
08-08-2014, 11:06 AM
Both tracks are really nice. But I want the main theme please!

LatinaC09
08-08-2014, 12:42 PM
I feel like these tracks are alright. They do come off as somewhat generic though. As much as I love to be positive I must agree. There is room for improvement! but they are samples! So maybe if they added some more depth to these they'll be great.

Also I'm okay with every AC track ever made wasn't made by Jesper kyd. -_- Great composer has a great industrial/electronic/vocal thing going, but I like the fact that they have brought in other people as well. I'm not gonna lie and say I remember every AC2 track because it blew my mind. haha. no, because it didn't. I feel there are tracks that were great from each game in the series. some are just more rememberable than others because how they made us feel at the time, or the message that was conveyed with the song. And honestly I feel it would be a disservice if they only used J. Kyd. because we would only hear his musical vision vs. for each game vs so many other just as talented artist.

I don't think they should use Jesper Kyd for every single AC game but you have to admit he is a talented composer and I feel like his music always fit the mood. Lorne Balfe (I know a lot of people didn't like him) was also extremely talented. Revelations is one of the greatest soundtracks I've ever heard. They both were able to come up with beautiful main themes. That's what AC needs. I feel like this soundtrack (although these are only samples so who knows) is all over the place. It sounds a bit like Black Flag...

Xangr8
08-08-2014, 10:52 PM
Pretty awesome I'd say x) Vive la revolution!

Namikaze_17
08-08-2014, 11:19 PM
I don't think they should use Jesper Kyd for every single AC game but you have to admit he is a talented composer and I feel like his music always fit the mood. Lorne Balfe (I know a lot of people didn't like him) was also extremely talented. Revelations is one of the greatest soundtracks I've ever heard. They both were able to come up with beautiful main themes. That's what AC needs. I feel like this soundtrack (although these are only samples so who knows) is all over the place. It sounds a bit like Black Flag...

Do you have proof that "everyone" hated Lorne Balfe? I think alot of it stems from ONE game that wasn't composed by Jesper Kyd.....I like Jesper though. But still, Lorne is a VERY talented composer who really gave some really brilliant soundtracks that most people don't bother to listen to his music outside AC.

And Yes, Lorne may have lack that atmosphere like Kyd, but I like his gritty and to the point style in AC3 which defines Connor and the setting.

JustPlainQuirky
08-08-2014, 11:22 PM
There's a lot more soundtracks I like that are by Lorne Balfe than by Jesper Kyd.

marvelfannumber
08-08-2014, 11:25 PM
And Yes, Lorne may have lack that atmosphere like Kyd, but I like his gritty and to the point style in AC3 which defines Connor and the setting.

Honestly I think Lorne did do atmosphere pretty good, it's just that his ambient tracks were few and far between (y u no ambient city tracks AC3?) I really like the feel during parts of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdbH0-9BDr0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzBN977NdeQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5stLf2hFcQs

I feel that if Lorne had gotten the chance to do a game with ambient music and experimented a bit, it would have been something really special (still no Kyd, but pretty great still).

JustPlainQuirky
08-08-2014, 11:27 PM

I literally cry everytime i hear the beginning of that song Q-Q

marvelfannumber
08-08-2014, 11:31 PM
I literally cry everytime i hear the beginning of that song Q-Q

Same (well not literaly, but feels)

I think the point when Haytham stood on top of the mast and looked over the vast landscape of Boston while that sweeping tracks played was the exact moment I became an Assassin's Creed fan. Right then, right there.

JustPlainQuirky
08-08-2014, 11:34 PM
Same here.

At first I was like "Eh" because I never played AC before then but when I got to that part I criiiiiiied it was so beautiful.

At that point I knew it was something I would invest a lot of my time in.

marvelfannumber
08-08-2014, 11:42 PM
@Mayrice

I really hope Unity will have a moment like that (Or like entering Damascus for the first time/title of AC2) again. I really missed it from Black Flag, cause those awesome atmospheric moments that give me real feels are always my favorite parts of any game in the series.

m4r-k7
08-09-2014, 12:03 AM
entering Damascus for the first time/title of AC2) again.

These too were my favourite parts of all AC games.

ACfan443
08-09-2014, 04:55 PM
Third official full track from the Unity website

http://youtu.be/EPq1v68XIpc

Previous two official full tracks from same website, for those who may have missed them.

Megas_Doux
08-09-2014, 04:58 PM
That third one is better, I like it.

JustPlainQuirky
08-09-2014, 05:01 PM
Sounds like 'generic intense theme' tbh....

I'm sure it does its job well in the game. Nothing I would put on my ipod tho. Not a fan.

LatinaC09
08-09-2014, 05:03 PM
Do you have proof that "everyone" hated Lorne Balfe? I think alot of it stems from ONE game that wasn't composed by Jesper Kyd.....I like Jesper though. But still, Lorne is a VERY talented composer who really gave some really brilliant soundtracks that most people don't bother to listen to his music outside AC.

I never said everyone hated Lorne Balfe. I loved his soundtracks. AC3 had a gorgeous soundtrack in my opinion. I'm just saying from a lot of the comments that I've seen people don't really seem to like him. If it was up to me he'd be composing the AC soundtracks along with Jesper Kyd like they did with Revelations.

marvelfannumber
08-09-2014, 05:05 PM
I never said everyone hated Lorne Balfe. I loved his soundtracks. AC3 had a gorgeous soundtrack in my opinion. I'm just saying from a lot of the comments that I've seen people don't really seem to like him. If it was up to me he'd be composing the AC soundtracks along with Jesper Kyd like they did with Revelations.

Jesper Kyd: Gameplay Music

Lorne Balfe: Cutscene Music

That would probably be my go-to AC composer choice if I was in charge.

Namikaze_17
08-09-2014, 05:10 PM

No, I never ment in particularly you....I was just asking in general. I LOVED both Composers as well and would love for them to team together again. And I must ask: where have you seen these......Comments? Because as I see it, AC3's soundtrack was received quite well.....the only thing sadly.

Megas_Doux
08-09-2014, 05:12 PM
Problem with AC III´s soundrack is the lack of background themes, a HUGE sin.....

Namikaze_17
08-09-2014, 05:13 PM
TBH, the third soundtrack sounds like something off of AC3. It's like a Poor man's attempt at AC3.

Quite Generic as well.....just laziness from these composers man.

marvelfannumber
08-09-2014, 05:14 PM
Problem with AC III´s soundrack is the lack of background themes, a HUGE sin.....

Indeed, I am hoping rogue can bring some life into New York because all the cities in AC3 seemed super boring due to lack of ambient music.

Still not sure who to blame it on though.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-09-2014, 05:15 PM
problem with ac iii´s soundrack is the lack of background themes, a huge sin.....

^ this!

jayjay275
08-09-2014, 05:16 PM
From top to bottom of the listings:
I thought the first was good, the second was GREAT and the third had nice little parts with piano, but that was it.

Namikaze_17

I agree....I strictly said that the cities and the Frontier DEFINITELY needed background music. I remember when Connor first arrived at Boston, there was so nice little background music playing there...i don't know why that couldn't play each time we entered.

SMH.

ACfan443
Sounds like 'generic intense theme' tbh....

I agree, but the quieter second half with the electronic elements sounds infinitely better than the first.

My favourite out of the three tracks has to be soundtrack 2 though. The first 60 or so seconds are great, and I really hope it's used in the final game as it was in the E3 demo - as combat music.

JustPlainQuirky
I actually liked how there was no music in AC3's cities...

marvelfannumber
08-09-2014, 05:18 PM
I actually liked how there was no music in AC3's cities...

Ok, I am not going to bother questioning your opinion, but even if you like there being no music, you had the option to turn it off in the other games.

So it would atleast be nice to have the option.

jayjay275
08-09-2014, 05:19 PM
I agree, but the quieter second half with the electronic elements sounds infinitely better than the first.

My favourite out of the three tracks has to be soundtrack 2 though. The first 60 or so seconds are great, and I really hope it's used in the final game as it was in the E3 demo - as combat music.

Soundtrack 2 is the best I've heard from Unity. Fits the setting and the element of stealth so well, which is what I wanted.

JustPlainQuirky
08-09-2014, 05:20 PM
@marvel

I suppose that's fair

Namikaze_17
08-09-2014, 05:24 PM
@Marvel

I agree....there should've been an option.

@Mayrice.

I did like there was no music in the Frontier.....actually made hunting and such relaxing. The cities on the other hand...

ACfan443
08-09-2014, 05:26 PM
Soundtrack 2 is the best I've heard from Unity. Fits the setting and the element of stealth so well, which is what I wanted.

I haven't stopped listening to it since it was uploaded, great track.

jayjay275
08-09-2014, 05:28 PM
Really? I thought the frontier could've used some music.

Something like this track could have been good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caPpDygORuw

Plus, @ACfan,
I love that track now. It's up there with my favourites already. :p

marvelfannumber
08-09-2014, 05:31 PM
Also didn't Boston have an ambient track when you first got there as Haytham?

Edit: I think I found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZDV5X67n8E

Now why couldn't they just have used that?

JustPlainQuirky
08-09-2014, 05:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsr6Ifp-F2w

Looked up the pig herder music to see what that sounded like....and LOL at 2:18

@marvel

gets too intense for a normal city stroll IMO

marvelfannumber
08-09-2014, 05:40 PM

The best part is that she is just standing there watching Connor get eaten alive and still talking XD

It is more realistic tho.

@marvel

I guess, but it's still better than nothing at all.

Megas_Doux
08-09-2014, 05:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AltK9T-2EE8
Why Ubi?

W H Y ? ? ? ?

ACfan443
08-09-2014, 05:42 PM
[video=yF2w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsr6Ifp-F2w]

@marvel

This is the right one http://youtu.be/Q1k2JrpfPJc

Anyway, we should stick to Unity..

jayjay275
08-09-2014, 05:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AltK9T-2EE8
Why Ubi?

W H Y ? ? ? ?

Wow. I can't believe they left ambient music out of the game. Such a silly mistake, still the game is my favourite.

This is the right one http://youtu.be/Q1k2JrpfPJc

Anyway, we should stick to Unity..
Agreed.

Namikaze_17
08-09-2014, 06:01 PM
@Jay.
Yeah, that could've worked for the frontier. WHY UBI!?

@Marvel.
Yeah, both would've worked for the cities.

@Mayrice.
"UGH! THE THINGS I DO FOR THIS PLACE!"

LatinaC09
08-09-2014, 06:58 PM
No, I never ment in particularly you....I was just asking in general. I LOVED both Composers as well and would love for them to team together again. And I must ask: where have you seen these......Comments? Because as I see it, AC3's soundtrack was received quite well.....the only thing sadly.

Ah ok. I get what you're saying. Generally I see those comments on here about the soundtrack but I guess forums aren't always something to go off of when it comes to critiques.

lothario-da-be
08-09-2014, 07:34 PM
This stuff sounds good, not much more then just good though, wich isn't good enough. I still feel like Jesper's style fits the French Revolution much more.

Namikaze_17
08-09-2014, 07:42 PM
Ah ok. I get what you're saying. Generally I see those comments on here about the soundtrack but I guess forums aren't always something to go off of when it comes to critiques.

The forums has it's moments......but it's pretty civil around here. Except during Connor or Ezio debates.

JustPlainQuirky
08-09-2014, 07:43 PM
Well anyway, I had high expectations since Unity is comprised of 3 composers.

So far I've only been disappointed, tbh.

Ac3, ToKW, Revelations, and Freedom Cry had some of the best atmospheric music in the franchise IMO.

jayjay275
08-09-2014, 07:52 PM
I'm not disappointed, I'm satisfied. I cannot fully judge the soundtrack until I play the game...
However, this track that ACfan posted is just so good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KibYpT3lpI

Namikaze_17
08-09-2014, 08:25 PM
Well anyway, I had high expectations since Unity is comprised of 3 composers.

So far I've only been disappointed, tbh.

Ac3, ToKW, Revelations, and Freedom Cry had some of the best atmospheric music in the franchise IMO.

^ This.

Megas_Doux
08-09-2014, 08:43 PM
It was 2007 and the vision of Altair riding a horse at the entrance of Jerusalem while this tune played:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qX_WOD4EaI

Still haunts me.....

Whereas AC III, Revelations and The tyranny had good cinematic tracks, nothing comes close to that ambient greatness. AC IV was a good attempt ,though.

Edit: Ambient tracks in Revelations were great too.

Landruner
08-10-2014, 04:24 AM
Honestly, those tracks sound very video gaming generic and nothing really great scale there. Jesper's enigmatic melodies that made that series are still missing a lot (one more time).

Jexx21
08-10-2014, 05:12 AM
jesper was only good in AC2 and ACR. Mostly in AC2.

Wolfmeister1010
08-10-2014, 05:13 AM
I am noticing that we all just have different tastes. None of the games had "better" soundtracks than any other. It is just taste. I am extremely satisfied with Unity pst so far. I love the combination of violin/ clarinet, and electronic beats

Jexx21
08-10-2014, 05:20 AM
really liking these new unity soundtracks.

Landruner
08-10-2014, 05:26 AM

AC/Brotherhood as well, I mean come on get a pair of ears?!:p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyee46OFCkc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwzwCIcI_n4

Fatal-Feit
08-10-2014, 05:38 AM
I am noticing that we all just have different tastes. None of the games had "better" soundtracks than any other. It is just taste. I am extremely satisfied with Unity pst so far. I love the combination of violin/ clarinet, and electronic beats

This.

Going back and listening to Jesper's tracks now, I find only a few to be notable. The rest are mostly forgettable, IMO. Unity's tracks, however, are starting to grow on me, and I'm beginning to really enjoy them.

Landruner
08-10-2014, 05:48 AM
The forums has it's moments......but it's pretty civil around here. Except during Connor or Ezio debates.

....and except during debates regarding women as protagonist(s)... I got banned 15 days for defending it!

JustPlainQuirky
08-10-2014, 06:10 AM
yeah not fond of most of Jesper Kyd's tracks TBH

Namikaze_17
08-10-2014, 11:09 AM
....and except during debates regarding women as protagonist(s)... I got banned 15 days for defending it!

How.............Can..........You...........Get.... ......Banned..........For...That?

RinoTheBouncer
08-10-2014, 11:45 AM
I doubt there will be any soundtrack from AC, better than AC:Revelations.

Namikaze_17
08-10-2014, 01:30 PM
I doubt there will be any soundtrack from AC, better than AC:Revelations.

Well Considering how Revelations was composed by both Lorne Balfe and Jesper Kyd...it's no wonder.

To this day, "Labored and Lost" remains one of my fav songs in AC Soundtrack history.......with other tracks like: "Short Reunite, Long Goodbye" "Fallen Warriors" and "Connor's Life" trailing behind it.

GunnerGalactico
08-10-2014, 02:32 PM
Well Considering how Revelations was composed by both Lorne Balfe and Jesper Kyd...it's no wonder.

And Hans Zimmer composed only one track in it.

jayjay275
08-10-2014, 02:33 PM
Didn't Jesper Kyd only do the gameplay tracks in Revelations, whereas Lorne Balfe did the cinematic/scene tracks and the main theme?

GunnerGalactico
08-10-2014, 02:42 PM
Didn't Jesper Kyd only do the gameplay tracks in Revelations, whereas Lorne Balfe did the cinematic/scene tracks and the main theme?

Some of the tracks were a collaboration, and some they composed on their own. I'm not sure which ones in particular, but that's what I heard anyways.

Megas_Doux
08-10-2014, 02:57 PM

Yeaht it is not like Access the animus is a good track or something.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH1NFziHUxg

Great combo! Jesper is kinda weak in terms of cinematic ones and Balfe´s strong area is not the ambient.

JustPlainQuirky
08-10-2014, 03:33 PM
Soundtrack 5 released on tumblr. It's not that bad.

Not amazing, but better than the others so far, IMO.

Shahkulu101
08-10-2014, 03:40 PM
Soundtrack 5 released on tumblr. It's not that bad.

Not amazing, but better than the others so far, IMO.

Linkage?

And don't you mean track 4?

JustPlainQuirky
08-10-2014, 03:41 PM
maybe it's track 1 or 2 or 3 again and im a hypocrite for thinking it's alright.

but here it is

http://wq0326.tumblr.com/post/94338866027/assassins-creed-unity-soundtrack-05

tell me if it's the same one over again cuz im too lazy to confirm.

marvelfannumber
08-10-2014, 03:43 PM
I believe that is track 1 over again, yes.

JustPlainQuirky
08-10-2014, 03:45 PM
yay for being a hypocrite

I'll go jump off a cliff now.

I'm tired

I guess my tastes differ depending on what mood I'm in

m4r-k7
08-10-2014, 03:46 PM
I really want to know the main theme

Landruner
08-10-2014, 03:48 PM
Yeaht it is not like Access the animus is a good track or something.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH1NFziHUxg

Great combo! Jesper is kinda weak in terms of cinematic ones and Balfe´s strong area is not the ambient.

jesper kinda weak in term of cinematic....(???) ear that one from another famous assassin and plz, tell me if it is not cinematic enough for you - that is AAA blockbuster epic to me, and will perfectly fit in an AC U located in Paris....during French revolution....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQTsj8c-RHM

Shahkulu101
08-10-2014, 03:48 PM
maybe it's track 1 or 2 or 3 again and im a hypocrite for thinking it's alright.

but here it is

http://wq0326.tumblr.com/post/94338866027/assassins-creed-unity-soundtrack-05

tell me if it's the same one over again cuz im too lazy to confirm.

Nah that's definitely a different track, and I like it. Sounds eery.

More distinctive and less generic than what we've gotten so far, but seems to devolve into the same generic stuff about half way through.

I do like some of these tracks, like Soundtrack 2, this one and most of all the slow piano music.

marvelfannumber
08-10-2014, 03:49 PM
I really want to know the main theme

I really want to hear some of the ambient tracks honestly, quite curious as to how they will make Paris sound.

m4r-k7
08-10-2014, 03:52 PM
I normally concentrate most on the music in AC games when an emotional thing happens or when I am on the main menu and listening to the main theme tune (and opening scene when the title comes up for the first time) or when I was getting chased in AC 1.

JustPlainQuirky
08-10-2014, 03:55 PM
Oh so it IS a new soundtrack?

Shahkulu101
08-10-2014, 03:57 PM
I think so. All though I've only listened to each track once so maybe I'm wrong... :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
08-10-2014, 04:00 PM
lol join the lazy club

m4r-k7
08-10-2014, 04:23 PM
New (part 2) of exclusive tracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2F20d06caY

EmbodyingSeven5
08-10-2014, 04:54 PM
play dem all at once........................................OH YES

JustPlainQuirky
08-10-2014, 05:13 PM
1- not bad.
2- bland
3- meh

is this a repeat of the first 3 tracks or something? it sounds almost the same...

Namikaze_17
08-10-2014, 05:22 PM
I agree....all them sound the same and un-inspired.

This soundtrack already seems forgetable.

#thatisuntilihearthefullsoundtrack

jayjay275
08-10-2014, 06:07 PM
Track 2 is my favourite now. :p

ACfan443
08-10-2014, 06:53 PM
1- not bad.
2- bland
3- meh

is this a repeat of the first 3 tracks or something? it sounds almost the same...

Yeah, it's just all three of the previously posted tracks clumped together.

Jexx21
08-10-2014, 08:06 PM
these tracks are so good sounding

FlamingMoh
08-11-2014, 05:15 AM
The only track by Jesper that I like is Ezio's Family.

Legendz54
08-11-2014, 05:24 AM
Maybe Rogues track will be better

AWBiggs
08-13-2014, 09:59 PM
What I don't understand is why they can't/won't get Jesper Kyd back? He's the perpetual musical soul of this series... He's given all the earlier (better) games a consistent through-line of themes and character and along with the incredible stories those games told, he followed that journey with musical perfection and gave those games so much credibility. Wandering around Venice or Rome was so much more interesting than wandering around the colonies or being a pirate on the ocean due to story and music and more than graphic enhancements or shooting at ice-bergs, I mean, honestly.

Unity looks nice, maybe just maybe it might be a return to a proper Assassin's story and deliver on the promise of Ezio that seems so long ago now, but musically without Jesper it'll just be another game for me, he's such an important part of what made those games work and a success. Just throw him all the money in the world instead of trying to squeeze more pixels into a bloated boring story, like so many of these games have been. Focus on the story, the music and the characters and less on making the maps bigger.

What made ACII and to a lesser extent Brotherhood and Revelations incredible games were the characters, the story and the music. Not about how big the maps are.

Toa TAK
08-13-2014, 10:43 PM
Jesper Kyd isn't going to come back, he moved on to doing other projects. I really don't think it was Ubi's doing to abandon him.

As much as it breaks my heart.

ACfan443
08-13-2014, 10:47 PM
Jesper Kyd isn't going to come back, he moved on to doing other projects. I really don't think it was Ubi's doing to abandon him.

As much as it breaks my heart.

It was, I already linked you to an interview where he says so.

Toa TAK
08-13-2014, 10:53 PM
It was, I already linked you to an interview where he says so.

Ah, can you post the link again, please?

ACfan443
08-13-2014, 10:54 PM
Ah, can you post the link again, please?

Sure.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/08/03/game-music-spotlight-jesper-kyd.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

Toa TAK
08-13-2014, 11:00 PM
Sure.
Thanks.

For the uninitiated:

You’ve been associated with the Assassin’s Creed series over the years, why aren’t you doing the music for Assassin’s Creed III?

Well, the industry is constantly changing. Many of the big franchises have changed their composers and I think Ubisoft wanted to do the same. I’m proud of the music we created for the Assassin’s Creed series. This year I have been busy with Darksiders II, Borderlands 2 and the live action TV series Metal Hurlant Chronicles based on the Heavy Metal comics, as well as several other upcoming projects.

So that's an even bigger bummer because Ubisoft had the perfect composer for the series and dropped him. Jay-sus.

lonewarrior30
08-14-2014, 11:23 PM
2 new ones
http://www.acunity-unite.com/paris/popin/509_Wu6OZn0xMFfsgfZb
http://www.acunity-unite.com/paris/popin/513_y9warIYNfLKJMdE5

I've got to say Im in love with the first one

JustPlainQuirky
08-14-2014, 11:27 PM
I really like the first one actually, despite its simplicity in rhythm.

Woah the second one is pretty good too. Many rhythmic variants! (or melodies, im not good with terminology) And overall nice to listen to!

The good music finally kickin' in it seems. :cool:

Jexx21
08-14-2014, 11:28 PM
Thanks.

For the uninitiated:

So that's an even bigger bummer because Ubisoft had the perfect composer for the series and dropped him. Jay-sus.

Balfe and Tyler have made absolutely AMAZING tracks for the series though.

Shahkulu101
08-14-2014, 11:34 PM
Both boring.

Couldn't even finish the second one.

Jexx21
08-14-2014, 11:35 PM
2 new ones

the beginning of the first track reminded me of the avengers (by alan silvestri)

ACfan443
08-14-2014, 11:38 PM
2 new ones

I prefer the first one over the second, but both are yawn-inducing and painfully repetitive.

Youtube form

http://youtu.be/kgsbBATO5iY

http://youtu.be/yXrbfqiNids

Megas_Doux
08-15-2014, 12:19 AM
Pretty meh.

Kyd, Balfe and Tyler.........................WHERE ARE YOU?????????????????

LatinaC09
08-15-2014, 03:30 AM
I actually like those two new tracks. They are more engaging than the other ones I've heard so far. At least number 1 has a nice melody to it.

LoyalACFan
08-15-2014, 03:54 AM
Both of those are awesome. And I stand by my statement that we've only heard ambient music; the reason none of these are grandiose and instantly memorable is because they're supposed to play subtly in the background. Tracks like Earth, Ezio's Family, Salvation of Forli, etc. that people remember so fondly from AC2 were made for cutscenes and setpieces. They're meant to stand out.

ACfan443
08-16-2014, 12:57 AM
Another one

http://youtu.be/5uvQlBYf2CE

JustPlainQuirky
08-16-2014, 01:00 AM
not feelin' dat one.

Shahkulu101
08-16-2014, 01:06 AM
I just want to hear some of Rogues delightful tracks we caught a glimpse of in the demo in full, to be honest. So many of these tracks have been...meh. Like...really meh. :/

ACfan443
08-16-2014, 01:14 AM
not feelin' dat one.

Neither am I, too bombastic for my liking.

I just want to hear some of Rogues delightful tracks we caught a glimpse of in the demo in full, to be honest. So many of these tracks have been...meh. Like...really meh. :/

So do I, I loved the ambient track that played during the Sapphire shipwreck section of the demo, so enchanting. Also eager to hear Unity's main theme.

Journey93
08-16-2014, 01:18 AM
Man these soundtracks are really not that great which is a shame
but in my opinion Black Flag was already lacking in that regard
where are the composers from the Assassins Creed 2 Era and hell even three was awesome

Fatal-Feit
08-16-2014, 01:22 AM
So do I, I loved the ambient track that played during the Sapphire shipwreck section of the demo, so enchanting. Also eager to hear Unity's main theme.

Indeed. I'm more excited for Rogue's than Unity's.

Jexx21
08-16-2014, 01:27 AM
Another one

http://youtu.be/5uvQlBYf2CE

Man this track from 1:53 onward is so good

Namikaze_17
08-16-2014, 01:37 AM
Damn, this soundtrack is just.....meh.

Even that little track in Rogue sounded better than alot of these tracks in Unity.....just so forgetful.

But this one sounded alright...

king-hailz
08-16-2014, 02:38 AM
I think that one is 2 in one... but the second one is better... However why Is ezios family used so much in this soundtrack... It doesn't even do it justice it just sounds like a worse version... that hook of the song should be a vocal piece not an instrumental!

jeordievera
08-16-2014, 08:24 AM
Man this track from 1:53 onward is so good
They should just extend the second part sounds pretty good. It's also weirdly cut at the end.

Sesheenku
08-16-2014, 08:39 AM
Whoever composed those last 3 tracks, they should be the ones handling Unity. It has a fresh sound, not like that last set where one of them sounded like a rejected track from AC4.

Logicmix9
08-19-2014, 11:00 AM
does anybody know who is composing Assassins Creed Rogue?

Namikaze_17
08-20-2014, 02:36 AM
Am I the only one who wants the soundtrack like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC29WopQt38&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOU0jvpUAX4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1UNh11YCOo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc4dFmJbCW4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

All of them seem to give off that paris feel and the eerie darkness of the revolution. Not to mention some first Civ type of music...could really fit into the end with Napoleon and stuff. ;)

king-hailz
08-21-2014, 12:07 AM
I know we have only heard 12 full tracks of unity out of a probable 30, but I think it's enough to judge what Is going on and know that something is wrong! This soundtrack is by far the worst the AC series has seen. And I have actually points for why! In precious AC games we got a soundtrack that represented the time but also had an interesting hook to it and had a proper rhythm to it. However in this soundtrack so far I hear no proper hook and there is overall they are all just so messed up. I know it was made by 3 composers and I think this is the problem. I can hear exactly what Sarah has done for this soundtrack since everything she does sounds the same as AC4! None of what we have hard so far has anything good to it... Their is no originality and no identity to this soundtrack! I have heard a little of the main theme and have heard the main hook of this game several times and it is not very good at all! It's not memorable at all! AC has always been a franchise to me that's had a perfect soundtrack throughout but now that has changed... With this generic piece of sh*t do untracked!

And I hate how they are putting ezios family into this when they do it no justice! They just f*cked it up! That part is supposed to have vocals not instrumental!

What do you guys think. They seriously need to have jasper kyd back and use him as the main composer for all AC games!

P.S. sorry for any grammatical errors. I am using my phone for this.

SixKeys
08-21-2014, 12:18 AM
What I've heard so far sounds mostly generic, but I like the tracks that have a more "modern" sound, with digital instruments and rhythm. Reminds me a little bit of Jesper Kyd's style. I also love the little nods to "Ezio's Family". As for the main theme not being memorable, you may be right. I don't remember what the main theme for Unity sounds like. Keep in mind though that not every AC is supposed to have a main theme. AC1, Freedom Cry and Liberation - none of them had a memorable theme song. I'd much rather have a cohesive overall soundtrack than only ONE memorable track.

Wolfmeister1010
08-21-2014, 12:19 AM
You should find and post all 12 tracks here.

SixKeys
08-21-2014, 12:23 AM
You should find and post all 12 tracks here.

I think they're all up on the Free Paris minigame site.

Namikaze_17
08-21-2014, 12:25 AM
Meh, I actually agree...

I wish Kyd, Balfe, Tyler, and Sainio were Composing on this Soundtrack...

:(

Shahkulu101
08-21-2014, 12:29 AM
Heh, I sort of agree. Although I loved the tracks that had an AC4 ring to them, since I thought the tracks Sarah composed were incredibly catchy. Other than that, haven't really enjoyed the soundtrack.

To be honest though, I won't be so bothered if everything in the soundtrack turns out to be generic. As long as nothing is horribly unfitting. I love Jesper's, Tyler's and Balfe's work but in the end a great soundtrack is just a bonus to me.

ACfan443
08-21-2014, 12:39 AM
A bunch of new tracks

http://youtu.be/1kado3pF3Qw

http://youtu.be/acup5FLjoQo

http://youtu.be/PqYVPWNzuk0

http://youtu.be/5CmXCQcmL8A

http://youtu.be/bPT95Ej3Cno

Love the electronic sounds in the last one (the best of the bunch IMO), the blend of old and new is my favourite aspect of that track. Not so keen on the rest of them.

king-hailz
08-21-2014, 12:55 AM
A bunch of new tracks

Love the electronic sounds in the last one (the best of the bunch IMO), the blend of old and new is my favourite aspect of that track. Not so keen on the rest of them.

The best thing about this soundtrack is the Sci Fi sound to it.. that reminds me of the modern day sections of AC. Shame there won't be any modern day lol. But the rest is trash...

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 01:02 AM
the game does have a modern day section

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 01:22 AM
A bunch of new tracks

WOW

I absolutely LOVE these 5 tracks. They're amazing sounding, really liking the main Unity theme, which I believe is the 8th track.

Wolfmeister1010
08-21-2014, 01:42 AM
That site is unavailable in US I believe

LoyalACFan
08-21-2014, 01:45 AM
That site is unavailable in US I believe

Yep

Although I have to say, I like what I've heard so far. No, we don't have an iconic, instantly memorable title track, but everything I've heard sounds perfect for ambient music.

Dev_Anj
08-21-2014, 01:52 AM
I hope the game has some music as good as this: http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-ex-revision/videos/paris-streets#imagebox

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 01:53 AM
actually we do have a pretty iconic, memorable track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kado3pF3Qw

Contain's the soundtrack's hook and theme basically.

Also, both Freedom Cry and Liberation had a theme song SixKeys.

For Liberation, it would be "Liberation Main Theme," :P and for Freedom Cry it's the main chanting lyrics that you can find in "The Root" and "The Freedom Cry."

ACfan443
08-21-2014, 01:55 AM
WOW

I absolutely LOVE these 5 tracks. They're amazing sounding, really liking the main Unity theme, which I believe is the 8th track.

Nah, I reckon it's a variation of some form, if the recent demo's anything to go by it's probably a stealth theme.

Gameinformer stated that the track used in this video is the main theme:

http://youtu.be/NxfYwcIsVGg

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 01:58 AM
why is the Ezio Family homage in the main theme. That's dumb.

pacmanate
08-21-2014, 02:05 AM
I think the music will be better in context.

But when I found out 3 composers were working on this I did get worried. Each composer will have their own vision, their own idea, their own concept. Just mashing them all up is not going to work well.

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 02:08 AM
Destiny's soundtrack is pretty good and it has a bunch of composers working on it.

ACfan443
08-21-2014, 02:13 AM

I wouldn't call that iconic and memorable by any stretch of the imagination, sounds similar to most of the forgettable garbage we've already heard. Soundtrack 2 is way better (IMO), even though it sounds like reused AC4 material.

pacmanate
08-21-2014, 02:13 AM
Destiny's soundtrack is pretty good and it has a bunch of composers working on it.

It's not hard to make a generic "space/sci fi" soundtrack. Pretty much everything will sound good.

AC games however are a totally different story. You need to capture the setting, the mood, the atmosphere. If you have clashing representations of the atmosphere Ubi as a whole are trying to portray, its gonna sound jumbled.

FR0ZENZiNE
08-21-2014, 02:35 AM
It's not hard to make a generic "space/sci fi" soundtrack. Pretty much everything will sound good.

AC games however are a totally different story. You need to capture the setting, the mood, the atmosphere. If you have clashing representations of the atmosphere Ubi as a whole are trying to portray, its gonna sound jumbled.

I dunno what you've heard but Destiny's score is more than a 'generic "space/sci fi" soundtrack'. It's one of the best gaming soundtracks of this year so far. Seriously.

Dunno, the stuff that we've heard so far is um.. meh. But lets see, Chris Tilton and Sarah Schachner are part of the composer team, so I think we'll get at least five outstanding tracks maybe.

This might sound a little bit random but the AC sound team should consider contacting Marcin Przybyłowicz and Mikołaj Stroiński. (tho it will probably never happen) What they are doing with The Witcher 3's soundtrack is just amazing.

pacmanate
08-21-2014, 02:40 AM
I dunno what you've heard but Destiny's score is more than a 'generic "space/sci fi" soundtrack'. It's one of the best gaming soundtracks of this year so far. Seriously.

Dunno, the stuff that we've heard so far is um.. meh. But lets see, Chris Tilton and Sarah Schachner are part of the composer team, so I think we'll get at least five outstanding tracks maybe.

This might sound a little bit random but the AC sound team should consider contacting Marcin Przybyłowicz and Mikołaj Stroiński. (tho it will probably never happen) What they are doing with The Witcher 3's soundtrack is just amazing.

I'm not saying it's bad, I'm saying that regardless of representation, it will all fit together nicer than different artist representations for atmosphere and whatnot for AC.

Its like having lorne balfe and jesper kyd write the score for a single AC game, and then Ubi picking and choosing songs from both artists. It would sound weird as they have different artist directions.

Layytez
08-21-2014, 03:22 AM
Do I hear...modern day sounding tracks ? :O Wish we knew the names of them. Number 10...damn.

SixKeys
08-21-2014, 04:02 AM

Also, both Freedom Cry and Liberation had a theme song SixKeys.

For Liberation, it would be "Liberation Main Theme," :P and for Freedom Cry it's the main chanting lyrics that you can find in "The Root" and "The Freedom Cry."

I said memorable theme song. Liberation had some good music, but the main theme was forgettable. Freedom Cry had the worst soundtrack in the series IMO. AC1 had a ton of memorable tunes but no theme song.

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 04:12 AM
I said memorable theme song. Liberation had some good music, but the main theme was forgettable. Freedom Cry had the worst soundtrack in the series IMO. AC1 had a ton of memorable tunes but no theme song.

I can barely remember any tracks from AC1 but I can remember Liberation's main theme and I thought Freedom Cry's track was pretty damn good.

Namikaze_17
08-21-2014, 04:13 AM
I thought Track #8 and Track #10 sounded Alright...still meh, but alright.

The others are just...well...the same I guess?

Just nothing originally organic or artistic from these Composers... :(

Matt.mc
08-21-2014, 05:18 AM
Does anyone know if it's confirmed that ambient / free roam music will be in Unity?

Fatal-Feit
08-21-2014, 05:20 AM
These tracks will grow on you guys when you finally experience them in the game.

Sesheenku
08-21-2014, 08:55 AM
Imo Sarah needs to go, she can't get out of this AC4 thing she's stuck in and I don't want to hear it anymore. This needs to be more AC2 style with a Paris twist.

Fatal-Feit
08-21-2014, 09:07 AM
Imo Sarah needs to go, she can't get out of this AC4 thing she's stuck in and I don't want to hear it anymore. This needs to be more AC2 style with a Paris twist.

That's exactly what we have, and why people are complaining.

jeordievera
08-21-2014, 09:20 AM
I still hope these are just 'filler' songs and will be mostly used in the background (like in the Gamescom demo). Hopefully the soundtrack will be much diverse.
But I really miss Lorne Balfe and Jesper Kyd!

Sesheenku
08-21-2014, 09:22 AM
That's exactly what we have, and why people are complaining.

Barely, it's a poor mans version of a copy. I only feel light touches of it behind the rest of the sound.

wvstolzing
08-21-2014, 09:26 AM
I'm not at all impressed by what I've heard so far.

AC4 had given me some hope after the painfully generic AC3; but the ACU tracks floating around YT so far sound *way* more generic.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear any of that in a martially-themed bug spray commercial.

Fatal-Feit
08-21-2014, 09:27 AM
Most of AC:2's soundtrack sounds just as poor to me, TBH.

I'd prefer if Unity went a more unique approach. I really enjoyed the glimpse we got from the first E3 demo. They should have stuck with that instrumental-like tune instead of going all modern day on us.

Sesheenku
08-21-2014, 09:35 AM
Most of AC:2's soundtrack sounds just as poor to me, TBH.

I'd prefer if Unity went a more unique approach. I really enjoyed the glimpse we got from the first E3 demo. They should have stuck with that instrumental-like tune instead of going all modern day on us.

Indeed. Although I very much like games with atmospheric approaches to music. Much like Silent Hill, every piece of sound is built around atmosphere, naturally due to the nature of developing a horror title but still.

Even their themes are so easy to connect to the games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI-_emIGqr0

Even without the video when I hear it I instantly think of Heather walking through the other wolds filthy and decaying halls.

I love the atmosphere and everything about that game so much that I decided that if I have children, my first daughter will be named Heather and my second Alessa ;P

king-hailz
08-21-2014, 09:37 AM
I thought ACFC soundtrack was way better than this. It gave me goosebumps every time.... even AC3 is better with the occasional whistles. This is just generic crap! It sounds a bit like a horror soundtrack at times... I wouldn't mind if they went for more of a romantic sounding track for elise and arno.

Visually this game is brilliant. However the sounds are just terrible and immersion breaking. From the terrible British accents which makes it feel like London and this annoyingly generic soundtrack!

I guess I will just have subtitles with my TV on mute. To feel the full immersion of Paris! Or maybe listen to the ratatouille soundtrack while playing lol.

Fatal-Feit
08-21-2014, 09:46 AM
*snip*

Two girls? Good luck.

Speaking of which, I enjoyed that little snippet at the end of the P.T demo. That alone made me uber excited.

1:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay_RAkE7bUY

Reptilis91
08-21-2014, 09:51 AM
i really like track #12. :o

jeordievera
08-21-2014, 10:04 AM
Track #10 is the best so far, i really like the transitions

Sesheenku
08-21-2014, 10:25 AM
Two girls? Good luck.

Speaking of which, I enjoyed that little snippet at the end of the P.T demo. That alone made me uber excited.

1:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay_RAkE7bUY

Indeed, Silent hill has a style all its own ;P

I hope the game isn't like that though. Silent Hill isn't about jump scares, leave that to Resident Evil.

Silent Hill is like a high quality slow burner horror. It creeps into your soul and squeezes it slowly and causes you to constantly be paranoid.

Only when you've lost all sanity does it finally finish breaking you.

jeordievera
08-21-2014, 10:51 AM
Indeed, Silent hill has a style all its own ;P

I hope the game isn't like that though. Silent Hill isn't about jump scares, leave that to Resident Evil.

Silent Hill is like a high quality slow burner horror. It creeps into your soul and squeezes it slowly and causes you to constantly be paranoid.

Only when you've lost all sanity does it finally finish breaking you.
Well have you seen the current demo? I just couldn't watch it. It was so creepy I was literally too scared to finish it!

Matt.mc
08-21-2014, 12:12 PM
Hey I asked this in another thread but no reply as of yet.
Is it confirmed that their will be ambience music in free roaming??

jeordievera
08-21-2014, 12:38 PM
Hey I asked this in another thread but no reply as of yet.
Is it confirmed that their will be ambience music in free roaming??
I don't think it was confirmed but I guess so.

aL_____eX
08-21-2014, 02:38 PM
Did you notice the subtle ambient sounds in the Notre Dame demo? I hope they keep this in the final version. So, yes, I think and hope there will be ambient sound during free roam.

Locopells
08-21-2014, 02:58 PM
Dat organ...

JustPlainQuirky
08-21-2014, 03:37 PM
Every single song from the new set of tracks is so blaaaaaaaand

too monotone.

C'mon composers

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-21-2014, 03:38 PM
Every single song from the new set of tracks is so blaaaaaaaand

too monotone.

C'mon composers

Then YOU compose it :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
08-21-2014, 03:45 PM
Then YOU compose it :rolleyes:

Maybe I WILL

*grabs bunch of kitchen pans*

Ah my god look at all this moosic i just made with dem pans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z96vk4bzbZY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV92_MlyDkk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLgQ3em2JYY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVA9A4Qv7Y8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8xeZ0RqmP8

come at me bro

jeordievera
08-21-2014, 03:51 PM
You have pretty amazing pans! Where did you buy them?

JustPlainQuirky
08-21-2014, 03:53 PM
bettycrocker.com

jeordievera
08-21-2014, 04:06 PM
bettycrocker.com
There's no pans I feel cheated! :rolleyes:
But thanks for the recipes :D

Back on topic, I really really wish the soundtrack would be as amazing as AC3 theme, I just f** love it!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtEB7uMrOo4
I could listen to it all day long. Can someone make me a 12 hour version? :p

Shahkulu101
08-21-2014, 04:10 PM
I think AC3's main theme is an example of how you can be loud and epic with a track without sounding generic. Brilliant track.

rrebe
08-21-2014, 04:11 PM
Back on topic, I really really wish the soundtrack would be as amazing as AC3 theme, I just f** love it!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtEB7uMrOo4
I could listen to it all day long. Can someone make me a 12 hour version? :p

Don't know about a 12 hour version, but there's the listen on repeat web site: http://listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=UtEB7uMrOo4
and yes, AC3 main theme is awesome <3

Dev_Anj
08-21-2014, 04:17 PM
Since we are getting out of topic, I think I'll post some of my favourite music that plays at a French location:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x5YkjfPL_w

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-21-2014, 04:19 PM
Man I love those AC3 tracks! <3

JustPlainQuirky
08-21-2014, 04:21 PM
I just wanna hear the Main Theme of Unity.

That's the only song that matters to me really.

pacmanate
08-21-2014, 04:27 PM
So many ****ing merges. I can't find half my posts anymore :@