PDA

View Full Version : Stop excluding territories in your giveaways

Bad Instincts
08-01-2014, 10:22 PM
We are custumores/fan a/s well and deserve be treated the same way as others gamers fans of the franchise. I had a great disappointment last year with the Uplay giveaway where fans of AC that lived in territories like Puerto Rico etc were excluded and now is happening the same again with the AC Unity spin the wheel giveaway/contest. I hope Ubisoft stop doing unfair actions like that.

JustPlainQuirky
08-01-2014, 10:25 PM
A fellow Puerto Rican, ay? *fist bumps*

jk ofc.

But yes, excluding people sucks. Not just in territiories but in several regions in general. I couldn't do the 'design your own Assassin' thing. :(

LieutenantRex
08-01-2014, 10:39 PM
Honestly, mostly Americans play Assassin's Creed, so I'd say allow American territories only in the giveaways.

SHADOWGARVIN
08-01-2014, 10:56 PM
Honestly, mostly Americans play Assassin's Creed, so I'd say allow American territories only in the giveaways.

You're delusional.

Xstantin
08-01-2014, 11:01 PM
He's just baiting. I wouldn't get into arguments with new rules though.

JustPlainQuirky
08-01-2014, 11:11 PM
I love you Lieutenant :rolleyes:

guardian_titan
08-01-2014, 11:24 PM
Given Ubisoft is in so many countries, there's no reason why their giveaways, etc are so limited. There's also the fact that we're so global today. Why limit anything? Something isn't available somewhere, people will figure out how to get it. Might as well make it available. Ubisoft could make the competitions, etc regional based like the Americas, Europe/Africa, Asia/Australia. Why shortchange customers? :rolleyes: Good way to keep customers coming back. People really LOVE Comcast and Time Warner right now. :nonchalance:

Granted, I see the same complaints with other companies. EA does something and limits it to the US and Europeans complain yet EA does nothing. Tends to relate to collector's editions more often than not, though. My thinking is either make it available to everyone or don't make it available at all. If it can't be fair, why do it? Reminds me of rigged carnival games. Yeah, sure, you can win ... if you cheat or know the carnie working the game.

SHADOWGARVIN
08-01-2014, 11:32 PM
He's just baiting. I wouldn't get into arguments with new rules though.

Good advice. It's not worth it.

Landruner
08-02-2014, 09:27 AM
We are custumores/fan a/s well and deserve be treated the same way as others gamers fans of the franchise. I had a great disappointment last year with the Uplay giveaway where fans of AC that lived in territories like Puerto Rico etc were excluded and now is happening the same again with the AC Unity spin the wheel giveaway/contest. I hope Ubisoft stop doing unfair actions like that.

I could be wrong, but I believe that it is a question of territories business rights for consumer protection ruling in some countries.
I know for a fact that some business practices in order to enforce the customers purchasing a product such as the ones provided by Ubisoft and their are forbidden in some countries for costumer protections. Insisting in pre-consummation on a product not even in the market are not allowed in some countries and it belongs to the category of commercial speculation and fake advertizing in some countries)
It could be why some countries can not get those extra give away contest goodies ....