PDA

View Full Version : Whole new game...

scootertgm
12-31-2003, 08:48 AM
So yesterday my new PC came in and I hooked it up and loaded my software and fired up FB... Hammer had come over and it was the first time seeign teh program on the new PC. It's an ATI card so I had exerything but landscape set as high as it would go with ground detail set at excellant. 4x/8x aa/af and image qualities set to max quality.

Poppe dup into a quick mission and watched the frame rate go to 70fps... Thats up from around 23 on my old system.

I fired up a leningrad campaign and got 40 fps while sitting on the ground waiting for takeoff. Needless to say it is like a whole new game.

we tried a couple dogfights and the sounds and the motions... man... All I could say was wow...

scootertgm
12-31-2003, 08:48 AM
So yesterday my new PC came in and I hooked it up and loaded my software and fired up FB... Hammer had come over and it was the first time seeign teh program on the new PC. It's an ATI card so I had exerything but landscape set as high as it would go with ground detail set at excellant. 4x/8x aa/af and image qualities set to max quality.

Poppe dup into a quick mission and watched the frame rate go to 70fps... Thats up from around 23 on my old system.

I fired up a leningrad campaign and got 40 fps while sitting on the ground waiting for takeoff. Needless to say it is like a whole new game.

we tried a couple dogfights and the sounds and the motions... man... All I could say was wow...

McTriggerhappy
12-31-2003, 08:50 AM
good for you man, the best part about running FB on a new computer is that it doesnt get laggy with big maps and when your about to shoot someone

tsisqua
12-31-2003, 11:29 AM
Post your new system specs, Scooter http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. I am on a new machine, and know just how you feel. I'm interested in knowing what people are mostly buying now. I have an AMD64 3200+ , and I'm curious as to how many people are going with this processor.

AMD64 3200+
Nvidia Ti4200 128 meg
1 gig of cheap DDR Ram
ATA 160 gig HD, 7,200
Gigabyte (number escapes me) MoBo

Tsisqua

http://www.uploadit.org/files/010903-nedChristie.jpg
Tsalagi Asgaya Equa