PDA

View Full Version : Connecting to Ubisoft servers, please wait: AC4

ElToroBenito
07-29-2014, 11:21 AM
Since I bought the game, when ever I start the game up I get "Connecting to Ubisoft servers, please wait" and I have to cancel and play offline.

To be clear the Uplay launcher logs in and works perfectly online - it's the game itself that will not connect.

So far playing offline was OK until now where I'm at the point in the single player game where you get to manage "Kenways Fleet" but the game just hangs (i.e. because it can't connect I assume?) and I have to ctrl-atl-del and close it down via task manager.

I've followed this advice to the letter: https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000eayPCAQ
No luck there

(My ISP just laughed and said the only port they block is 25 which almost all ISPs block (http://help.telecom.co.nz/app/answers/detail/a_id/1218))

I have additionally attempted running Steam/Uplay/AC4 with admin rights - again the uplay launcher is fine - it's AC4 game that won't connect.

I've raised a support ticket: 01474752 - if any mods are looking.

I was told to update my Uplay account details and fill in any missing fields. I've since done that but again no luck - every single field that can be filled in, is filled in and the game refuses to connect to the ubisoft servers - I'd be surprised if I missed something!

Is anyone else having the same issue???? Have you solved it??? Please share!!

Thanks.

CptSkyBear
07-31-2014, 09:34 PM
Hello, I just looked into your ticket and the latest suggestion was to un-check the two boxes in your Settings under your Network Tab. If you need some assistance with this, please go to the Settings menu in the Uplay PC client by clicking the gear / cog icon in the upper-right of the window and then click on the Network tab.

You will want to make sure that "Always start Uplay in Offline Mode" and "Allow Uplay to use a proxy connection to access the internet" are unchecked. Save the settings, and then restart the client.

I hope this helps! :)

ElToroBenito
08-01-2014, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the reply CptSkyBear,

Yes I saw the support ticket update. Unfortunately that potential solution didn't work.

The next step is support will try to link my uplay account to a new email, then I'll hopefully receive a password reset, then try logging in to uplay and hopefully it'll work after that!

***EDIT***

Sadly the new email didn't fix the "Connecting to Ubisoft servers, please wait" issue....

dragonthc
08-09-2014, 04:22 AM
I've been having the same issue since I installed it last month. I can't seem to contact the server in question. api-ubiservices.ubi.com. Their gateway seems to be blocking it.