PDA

View Full Version : International organisation?

Tartanclad
07-28-2014, 07:58 PM
Hello chaps

Rainbow is a NATO-led international organisation based in Hereford, UK and is tasked with performing counter-terrorist operations around the world, comprising of elite and special forces members from throughout NATO and its allies (also including countries such as Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Japan and Israel). At least half of the organisation is from Europe. Often the organisations they face are also international, such as the Phoenix Group from Rainbow Six, the Eastern European/Russian organisation from Rainbow Six:Rogue Spear and the European/South American Neo-Nazi group from Rainbow Six: Raven Shield.

I'd very much like to know two specific things; Firstly, if Rainbow Six Siege is going to reflect the spirit of the Rainbow Six franchise and be set in mission locations all around the world (unlike the recent Vegas series and the cancelled Patriot game). Secondly, I'd like to know if there will be any customisation options and, if so, would they reflect the internationalism of the franchise, such as a variety of accents and voices from throughout the world, as opposed to a generic American accent, and perhaps flag patches or some such.

I don't know if this is the correct forum to discuss this but failing to find an alternative, this'll have to do.

Thanks very much for reading, chaps, and I'll be interested in your own thoughts.
Wills

twinspectre
07-28-2014, 11:10 PM
old school Rainbow Six (1998 till 2003) FOR THE WIN

Dome500
07-29-2014, 02:19 AM
Hello chaps

Rainbow is a NATO-led international organisation based in Hereford, UK and is tasked with performing counter-terrorist operations around the world, comprising of elite and special forces members from throughout NATO and its allies (also including countries such as Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Japan and Israel). At least half of the organisation is from Europe. Often the organisations they face are also international, such as the Phoenix Group from Rainbow Six, the Eastern European/Russian organisation from Rainbow Six:Rogue Spear and the European/South American Neo-Nazi group from Rainbow Six: Raven Shield.

I'd very much like to know two specific things; Firstly, if Rainbow Six Siege is going to reflect the spirit of the Rainbow Six franchise and be set in mission locations all around the world (unlike the recent Vegas series and the cancelled Patriot game). Secondly, I'd like to know if there will be any customisation options and, if so, would they reflect the internationalism of the franchise, such as a variety of accents and voices from throughout the world, as opposed to a generic American accent, and perhaps flag patches or some such.

I don't know if this is the correct forum to discuss this but failing to find an alternative, this'll have to do.

Thanks very much for reading, chaps, and I'll be interested in your own thoughts.
Wills

He is right.

R6 as international organization should be a major point within the theme of any R6 game.

sarbazevije
07-29-2014, 10:30 AM
Well we touched upon these points in the story mode thread but it seems to me no one is really interested in any of it. Multiplayer is the real focus of this game and as for the single player section of it there won't be a campaign as such to incorporate the traditional Rainbow elements you mentioned above. I'm guessing it will be very very similar to Battlefield Hardline and SWAT 4.

Tartanclad
07-29-2014, 03:15 PM
Well we touched upon these points in the story mode thread but it seems to me no one is really interested in any of it. Multiplayer is the real focus of this game and as for the single player section of it there won't be a campaign as such to incorporate the traditional Rainbow elements you mentioned above. I'm guessing it will be very very similar to Battlefield Hardline and SWAT 4.

I see no reason why it cannot be incorporated into multiplayer. Non-mic combat talk as seen in some of the footage can be in a variety of voices, and the maps in the multiplayer could be set all around the world. So far, all we've seen is an American house, but other multiplayer maps could include places like a London embassy, a private airstrip in Australia, a Singaporean office, a Jamaican harbour or a hijacked ship in the Suez Canal. There are all sorts of possibilities.

Kaiskune
07-29-2014, 04:13 PM
we are hoping for a show of the International aspect of the Rainbow project. but to be honest the showcase was essentially screaming that rainbow had been relegated to being a police division in some suburb in America, Early or not I get the feeling its Vegas 2 all over again. at least in Vegas 1 you went as far as Mexico...
they could have gone anywhere. a suburban house in Hamberg, a hotel in Cyprus, hell they could have even gone for something really out there like a raid on a rum distillery in Barbados

and what do they go with? a glorified swat exercise judging by the back ground in Los Angeles

but due to the complete lack of faith in Ubisoft I think we will be lucky if we get the pair of incompetent 'foreign' sidekicks like Jung and Michael in Vegas 2 while the player once again runs about as the chisel jawed/ broad chested all American hero.

Tartanclad
07-29-2014, 04:36 PM
we are hoping for a show of the International aspect of the Rainbow project. but to be honest the showcase was essentially screaming that rainbow had been relegated to being a police division in some suburb in America, Early or not I get the feeling its Vegas 2 all over again. at least in Vegas 1 you went as far as Mexico...
they could have gone anywhere. a suburban house in Hamberg, a hotel in Cyprus, hell they could have even gone for something really out there like a raid on a rum distillery in Barbados

and what do they go with? a glorified swat exercise judging by the back ground in Los Angeles

but due to the complete lack of faith in Ubisoft I think we will be lucky if we get the pair of incompetent 'foreign' sidekicks like Jung and Michael in Vegas 2 while the player once again runs about as the chisel jawed/ broad chested all American hero.

Well, I'm not sure we should judge so quickly on a pre-alpha video. Yes, it looked like Rainbow was doing SWAT's job in an American suburb, but it's only representative of a single map and, who knows, perhaps the backstory is that Rainbow was assigned to the operation because of the hostages involved (family of a rainbow official? etc.) or the enemies involved (connected to another Rainbow operation?).

Of course, if it is just a SWAT setting throughout the game, I will be very displeased, but as I said, it's too early to make damning assumptions.

(I will get worried if the next map footage is set somewhere similar though).

Dome500
07-29-2014, 09:24 PM
It's pretty easy. I love my singleplayer in games like SC, GR or R6. If there is no Singleplayer I probably won'T buy it.

Kaiskune
07-30-2014, 04:10 PM
Well, I'm not sure we should judge so quickly on a pre-alpha video. Yes, it looked like Rainbow was doing SWAT's job in an American suburb, but it's only representative of a single map and, who knows, perhaps the backstory is that Rainbow was assigned to the operation because of the hostages involved (family of a rainbow official? etc.) or the enemies involved (connected to another Rainbow operation?).

Of course, if it is just a SWAT setting throughout the game, I will be very displeased, but as I said, it's too early to make damning assumptions.

(I will get worried if the next map footage is set somewhere similar though).

a very good point, but really there was no need to go with the white picketed 'American dream' house as the pre-alpha example. I understand wanting to play it safe, The Future Soldier Pre-alpha demonstration got so much stick the team threw one hell of a spat over it and destroyed the game completely. but all that footage made me think was "for F**** sake, its just Vegas 3" if anything I think it was too safe. a house raid someone different, Poland or Spain perhaps would have generated questions and intrigue

Dvsilverwing
07-31-2014, 07:36 AM
variety of accents and voices from throughout the world, as opposed to a generic American accent

Yeah, it's called work on your fake accent and use it when you talk on the microphone. (I kid, of course.)

Also, one main issue I have with the current concept is that they said they refuse to force players to "play as terrorists". This, combined with the fact the recent videos we have seen showing the "Rogue" group literally using copy/pasted and recolored skins of the "Rainbow" team rather than the balaclava/t-shirt/vest models that we saw in the original gameplay makes me leery that there isn't really a "bad-guy" team, which seems... lacking. I much rather preferred the paramilitary style uniforms we saw on the "Rogue" team in the earliest gameplay video we saw rather than the current model, as right now it literally looks like a counter-terrorist fireteam fighting a... cloned counter-terrorist fireteam in desert camo.

Tartanclad
11-12-2014, 03:42 PM
Just bumping this thread after four months to see if there are any Ubisoft spokespersons on this thread and hoping if they could reassure us regarding the Internationalism question. Will Rainbow be set in locations all around the world? A simple 'yes' and I will be very content and looking forward to the game.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-12-2014, 04:29 PM
Hi wilsormiston, whilst this does not directly answer your question, there are clues;

'Assume the roles of global counter terrorist operatives, inspired by the reality of counter terrorist operatives across the world.'

Kaiskune
11-14-2014, 07:09 PM
Hi wilsormiston, whilst this does not directly answer your question, there are clues;

'Assume the roles of global counter terrorist operatives, inspired by the reality of counter terrorist operatives across the world.'

you said that about vegas 1 and 2 and you barely even leave US soil on both games. in both games your attempt was multinationalism was a pair of incompetent 'Foreign' sidekicks that are there purely to promote that Bishop (playable character) was a chisel jawed/ buff chested all american hero, kicking mexican *** in the name of the good old U S of A.

Tartanclad
01-20-2015, 02:33 PM
Hello chaps. This is Willsormiston again, but under my new UPlay username.

I just wanted to say that I've seen this quote from MoshiMoshi, apparently taken from a Ubisoft blog page.

As the realization of the counter-terrorist fantasy, you will step into the shoes of CTU agents from all over the world. These men and women (and yes, you can be either) are masters of close-quarters, indoor combat. You’ll have more customization options for your agent than ever before in a Rainbow Six title.

This is a very encouraging clarification. It specifically mentions playing as operatives from around the world. It specifically mentions the choice of gender, an important option these days (and increasingly realistic with more nations around the world admitting women into dedicated combat roles). Furthermore, it's claims regarding customisation are fantastic, considering the options we had in the Vegas series. Whatever your gripes with Vegas, one cannot deny that the customisation system was done well.

I would still like some information direct from Ubisoft discussing the international setting. Not necessarily spoiling anything, but at least a quotation explicitly stating that missions will take place all over the world. Otherwise, however, I am indeed encouraged by what I have read.