PDA

View Full Version : The Crew: Street Racing Cup

KernelPad
07-27-2014, 04:18 AM
http://i.imgur.com/bOhCql5.png

NOTICE:
Note: This tournament shall begin after the next beta or game release.
Note: The tournament format can change if more than 16 crews wish to participate.
Note: The winning crew may receive a prize if I'm able to negotiate with Ubisoft.
Note: If you are not the Crew Leader, you are allowed to lead your team to victory. (Ask permission from your Crew Leader)

STREET RACING CUP:
Hi, everyone and welcome to The Crew: Street Racing Cup. You will find all the detailed information about the competition, as well as the current progress and the answer to all of questions. This is an open cup where crews from all around the world will race against each other throughout the tournament, which will feature a group stages and a playoffs.

Every fully established crew is welcome to join, there are some restrictions:

A crew must have at least 4 members. In each stage, the members that can participate are reduced so choose wisely. (You remove 2 members from the racing crew after every stage, this means you cannot select them to race in the competition.) Races are played on 4 vs 4. You select 4 members from your entire selection of registered drivers in every match.

Round 16: You may choose up to 10 members in your crew to race. (4/10)
Quarter Finals: You may choose up to 8 members in your crew to race. (4/8)
Semi-Finals: You may choose up to 6 members in your crew to race. (4/6)
Finals: You may choose up to 4 members in your crew to race. (4/4)

CUP SPECIFICATION:
Round 16 - 16 Crews: Round 16 consists of 4 groups in which contains 4 crews. The top two crews from each group, based on the points system, advance to single-elimination play where the winners of each group play the second-place winner of different groups, and vice versa.

E.g: 1st place in group A vs 2nd place in group B | 1st place in group B vs 2nd place in group A.

Quarter Finals - 8 Crews: The Quarter Finals consist of 8 crews as the others have been knocked out. In this stage, 4 matches are played with the same system of single-elimination. The winning crew advance to the next stage whereas the losing crew are eliminated.

Semi-Finals - 4 Crews: The Semi-Finals consist of 4 crews. In this stage, 2 matches are played to determine which crew faces of in the Finals.

Finals - 2 Crews: The Final is between the last 2 crews who will play 5 races to determine who is victorious. (Results can either be: 5-0, 4-1, 3-2)

MATCH SPECIFICATION:
- The matches have to be played on 4 vs 4, across 3 different tracks (5 for the final) written in the track rotation.
- Points for each race are distributed as follows: (the crew which scores the most points win the match from the 3 races)
1st – 7pts;
2nd – 6pts;
3rd – 5pts;
4th – 4pts;
5th – 3pts;
6th – 2pts;
7th – 1pt;
8th – 0pts
- The crew that wins a match receives 3 points on the leaderboard.
- The match results have to be reported as soon as possible by the crew leader via PM to the host. (KernelPad). In order to be valid, the PM must include the Uplay names of all the players who have raced in each race, the overall score (3-0 or 2-1).
- Optional: Don’t forget to provide a link to any match footage (screenshots / video). This is valid if there is a debate among the Crew Leaders to prove who won the match.

REGISTRATIONS:
Teams are composed of 1 leader (responsible for match scheduling and internal organization), and 4 to 10 drivers (Reduced as we advance through the stages by 2).

To register for the tournament, simply send a PM to KernelPad or may post on this thread providing the following information:

Crew Name:
Country you wish to represent (optional):
A full list of participating drivers (4 to 10):
Default date & time choice for matches (optional):

As mentioned above, the teams can choose the default schedule for matches when they register (The options are any day of the week, 0:00, 4:00, 8:00, 12:00, 16:00, 20:00 or 22:00 GMT+1. As the number of participating crews is limited, it will be “first come, first served”, meaning that once all the spots are full, registrations will close, so don’t wait. You've already came through the most important things. Everything below is just additional information, however you should still read it before the start of the competition.

Round 16: (Groups)
Groups will be made according to the following table: Incomplete. The table will look more neat soon.

GROUP A
- SpeedHunters

GROUP B
GROUP C
GROUP D

PROJECTED TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE:
27/07/2014: Tournament Public Announcement. Opening of Crew Registrations.

PROJECTED TRACK ROTATION:
Track: N/A
Region: N/A

GENERAL RULES:
- No car or spec restriction. (Choose wisely upon tracks/region).
- Only the registered drivers are allowed to play during the matches.
- It is not allowed to add any driver to the team line-up after the closure of registrations, excepting between the groupstages and the playoffs (a PM is mandatory).
- The default schedule for the matches is TBA.
- The default date and time chosen is only the default schedule, which means that teams are really encouraged to try and find the most suitable schedule for everyone.
- Both crew teams have to agree on the match schedule.
- It’s strongly recommended to record the races (one player from each team at least) and/or to take a screenshot at the end of each race, in case of a disagreement about the proceeding of the match (and also to provide videos of nice close racing!).
- Line-up change is allowed between tracks only.
- Before starting the match, all players should restart the game to prevent lag or bugs.
- All players should stop the race if any driver disconnects during the run (excepting if someone has already crossed the finish line) and wait for him to reconnect. If the driver still isn’t back 15 minutes after the disconnection, the match should carry on with another player.
- Lag (as important as it might be) isn’t considered as a sufficient issue to restart the race. However, if all players agree on restarting, go ahead.
- If a crew doesn't show up on the agreed or default schedule, it is considered as a forfeit, and the remaining team wins the match 1-0. (Wait 5 minutes for every race).
- Fair play is strongly encouraged!
- Cheating is NOT tolerated.
- Any cheater (reported with solid proof) will be excluded from the contest, and permanently banned from any other contest/event that I may organize on the future. Depending on the event, the entire team may also receive the same punishment.
- These rules are subject to change with or without prior notification

For any questions, fell free to ask below or to send a PM me:
http://i.imgur.com/4NRdKaq.png KernelPad

PS: Want to support the competition? Raise its awareness and bring more people to unleash the fun! Use the signature banner at the top of this thread!

Grisdoff
07-27-2014, 07:17 PM
NoLife Crew is searching for Members to participate at this event. Preferred German speaking.

motokazieracer
10-30-2014, 01:13 AM
This sounds fun! but im not in a crew sadly.

Grim_Xv
11-02-2014, 09:18 PM
Heh, sounds like fun, hopefully this won't happen until a few weeks after release. That way we can all get a feel for the game and how certain cars handle. + I Need time to find some decent drivers that use racing wheels haha.

Savage_Mk-II
11-02-2014, 11:05 PM
I'm a bit confused. So for Round 16, we "choose" up to 10 people to drive, but if races only allow a 4 v 4, does that just mean that during that stage you can swap anyone from those 10 people in to drive in between the races? If that's the case, I'm assuming that a 4 man crew would not be disadvantaged by the lack of people, am I correct?

Additionally, will there be any rules against heavy car ramming or intentional collisions, or will this be a put-the-other-team-in-the-wall-in-the-first-corner-and-cruise-to-victory type of setup?

KernelPad
11-07-2014, 09:37 PM
I'm a bit confused. So for Round 16, we "choose" up to 10 people to drive, but if races only allow a 4 v 4, does that just mean that during that stage you can swap anyone from those 10 people in to drive in between the races? If that's the case, I'm assuming that a 4 man crew would not be disadvantaged by the lack of people, am I correct?

Additionally, will there be any rules against heavy car ramming or intentional collisions, or will this be a put-the-other-team-in-the-wall-in-the-first-corner-and-cruise-to-victory type of setup?

You are correct, and ramming will not be tolerated.