PDA

View Full Version : Reccomended Gaming PC Laptop for Traveling?

JustPlainQuirky
07-27-2014, 02:41 AM
I know a custom PC desktop is reccomended for maximum gaming goodness but I was thinking about travel and I might travel a lot in the not too distant future.

I don't think custom laptops is a thing (or if it is it sounds hard) so I was wondering if any of you knew some good high-end gaming laptop that'll last me a good 4-7 years.

Disregard price for now.

I don't need 120fps 4k graphics or anything. Just something that'll guarantee my ability to run current gen console games like the upcoming AC Unity and Witcher 3.

Edit: The only thing I might need is a lot of space because I might need to use it for work too. And I use programs like Photoshop and Autodesk Maya.

Locopells
07-27-2014, 08:08 AM
Alienware are the major name in gaming laptops at the moment, but can be heavy on both bulk and price.

I've used Toshiba Qosmios in the past, with great success. The latest model has been out for some time however, which leads me to think there must be a new one coming soon.

YazX_
07-27-2014, 11:17 AM
sorry Mayrice, there is no such thing called high end gaming laptop, its all marketing hype but doenst mean you cannot find decent laptops though, anyway, in my personal opinion i agree with loco and wouldnt recommend Alienware at all since they are overpriced over nothing, i would recommend MSI since they have a wide range of gaming laptops with good prices, as an example MSI GT70 2PE DOMINATOR PRO.

the only thing that kills me about gaming laptops is the price as you can build a high end desktop that gives 3x performance for the same amount, but since it doenst matter to you, then that MSI one i mentioned above is a killer, here is a link for your reference:

http://www.msi.com/product/nb/#?category=Gaming Series&category_no=271

JustPlainQuirky
07-27-2014, 04:16 PM
Oh ok. So you guys would reccomend I should get a PC desktop regardless of frequent travel?

Locopells
07-27-2014, 10:54 PM
Well no, the whole point of a gaming laptop is being able to take a gaming rig wherever you want, with minimum fuss. So if you travel a lot, go for it - what you may loose in gaming power, you gain in portability, hence the price thing.

YazX_
07-27-2014, 11:15 PM
its a user preference, for me i would never ever get a gaming laptop even if i travel frequently UNLESS if i'm going away for long times, then i might get mid-range one and save the rest of money to get a very high end desktop, thats me, but maybe for you its different story, but the fact stays that no one would recommend laptop for gaming over desktop unless its ultra necessary.

XxShadexX
07-29-2014, 12:39 AM
honestly if your looking for the best cross between portability and power the Razer Blade pro is the way to go. http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-blade-pro

switchSL
07-29-2014, 08:28 AM
I was in your situation and found the answer to be with http://www.maingear.com/?gclid=CN34tOrdkrACFUZN4AodgiuTrA. They aren't the cheapest option, but I wasn't after cheap. I wanted a laptop for work and it would need to be able to handle gaming as well. They are a great bunch of guys and any question/concern you might have will be handled promptly to your satisfaction. I had no problems either, just to make that clear. Boutique company, huge performance, built how you want it. Check them out.

By the way, Alienware is a dell. Razer is also just a re-badged, cheap Chinese brand.

huntergabr
07-29-2014, 05:01 PM
Well,maybe you first have to check configuration of the laptop and then make a comparison