PDA

View Full Version : ORR future

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 11:44 AM
First of all, I am glad to see Oleg back in 'action' here again!! I am a dedicated fan of IL2/FB and I have been following the various forums here for a long time - but especially ORR.

The issue, I will bring up now has been discussed before and I am sure I will recieve a lot of bad feedback for my opinion ...but here it comes anyway....

What I find most fascinating about the ORR, is that we actually have the opportunity the get the thoughts, visions and answers to our question directly from the source, the maestro, the expert: Oleg Maddox!! The is a very unique situation - especially in the commercial branch of software development.

To be honest, I am sick and tired of reading multiple posts about various flight model data - posted by people like myself that have no actual experience from WW2 airplanes - except from a book maybe! Also, I feel so incredible tired when tiny little details are blown up by the whiners. OK, admitted - in the past some things have been brought up that has significance, but my guess is that 97% of all posts is 'pollution'! But isn't the pollution nescessary in order to catch the 'real' posts? Hmmm...maybe, but I think there might be a couple of alternative ideas.

I bet there are others, like me, that couldn't care less about what A, B, and C thinks about this and that. What we want to know is what Oleg Maddox things about this and that - therefore the name ORR!!.

For years I have now struggled with the search-functionality of the site. If that was working good, I would easily be able to find the posts that Oleg found worth to reply to. However, most of the time, I recieve a time-out, which makes it useless most of the time. So, idea number one would be to for UBI to fix that search functionality - i.e. probably upgrade the DB-backend or server park.

Secondly, if that is not possible. I would actually prefer that ORR was censored/moderated in some way. For me it would be much better that Oleg answered say 10 very relevant questions a week, than he spent his time reading through millions of 'useless' posts. By moderated/censored I don't mean in the way that it is done now. I mean that questions should be accepted by the moderators before entering the forum and then awaiting an answer from Oleg.

The various discussions about FM, DM, FMB, QMB and other s... could then be ported to the general discussion forum where the so-called "experts" probably could spend hours/days/years discussing if the luggage compartment of a FW190 was designed with built-in aircondition or not! LOL

Just my humble opinion.....

Heine

PS: Oleg - we NEED some Danish aircrafts in FB too....LOL

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 11:44 AM
First of all, I am glad to see Oleg back in 'action' here again!! I am a dedicated fan of IL2/FB and I have been following the various forums here for a long time - but especially ORR.

The issue, I will bring up now has been discussed before and I am sure I will recieve a lot of bad feedback for my opinion ...but here it comes anyway....

What I find most fascinating about the ORR, is that we actually have the opportunity the get the thoughts, visions and answers to our question directly from the source, the maestro, the expert: Oleg Maddox!! The is a very unique situation - especially in the commercial branch of software development.

To be honest, I am sick and tired of reading multiple posts about various flight model data - posted by people like myself that have no actual experience from WW2 airplanes - except from a book maybe! Also, I feel so incredible tired when tiny little details are blown up by the whiners. OK, admitted - in the past some things have been brought up that has significance, but my guess is that 97% of all posts is 'pollution'! But isn't the pollution nescessary in order to catch the 'real' posts? Hmmm...maybe, but I think there might be a couple of alternative ideas.

I bet there are others, like me, that couldn't care less about what A, B, and C thinks about this and that. What we want to know is what Oleg Maddox things about this and that - therefore the name ORR!!.

For years I have now struggled with the search-functionality of the site. If that was working good, I would easily be able to find the posts that Oleg found worth to reply to. However, most of the time, I recieve a time-out, which makes it useless most of the time. So, idea number one would be to for UBI to fix that search functionality - i.e. probably upgrade the DB-backend or server park.

Secondly, if that is not possible. I would actually prefer that ORR was censored/moderated in some way. For me it would be much better that Oleg answered say 10 very relevant questions a week, than he spent his time reading through millions of 'useless' posts. By moderated/censored I don't mean in the way that it is done now. I mean that questions should be accepted by the moderators before entering the forum and then awaiting an answer from Oleg.

The various discussions about FM, DM, FMB, QMB and other s... could then be ported to the general discussion forum where the so-called "experts" probably could spend hours/days/years discussing if the luggage compartment of a FW190 was designed with built-in aircondition or not! LOL

Just my humble opinion.....

Heine

PS: Oleg - we NEED some Danish aircrafts in FB too....LOL

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 11:51 AM
Very original, another "I'm sick and tired post" topic /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 11:51 AM
And all that to ask for Danish aircrafts, pouah /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 11:52 AM
By the way, Oleg - do you have any inputs on this?

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 03:57 PM
Yes, it should be moderated, so that only questions/suggestions could be posted on an original thread.

A.

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 04:35 PM
Heine30 wrote:

-
-
- To be honest, I am sick and tired of reading
- multiple posts about various flight model data -
- posted by people like myself that have no actual
- experience from WW2 airplanes - except from a book
- maybe! Also, I feel so incredible tired when tiny
- little details are blown up by the whiners.

Hey, when I've told people their little details and gripes are rediculous, I get rediculed and told to start my own thread about gripes if I didn't find theirs "good enough". Looks like around here if you redicule someone else's redicule, you get rediculed! LOLOL /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Some of this has to do with the childish mentality of a select few on this board.....

http://www.80snostalgia.com/classictv/airwolf/pic1.jpg