PDA

View Full Version : ACB's ending relevance to ACU?

rickprog
07-23-2014, 11:59 PM
At the ending of Brotherhood, right before Desmond grabs the apple, Shaun says "I know this. I know that symbol. That's a Phrygian Cap. It stands for freedom... and that, that's a Masonic eye. Now those two come together in only one place-- *everything freezes*" That place, reading through AC Wiki, is the Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen. It goes along with all the repetition of the number 72 since (again, read it on the Wiki, not that I noticed by myself) it was approved in 1789 (89-17=72). Of course, ACU's setting is precisely on that time period. Maybe I'm reading into it too much, but why would a sign that only appears there be on the Colosseum Vault?

LoyalACFan
07-24-2014, 12:42 AM
Yeah, ACB's ending had basically everyone convinced that Desmond's final chapter would be set in the French Revolution. Then when it turned out to be the American one, everybody was left scratching their heads. In any case, Unity has supposedly been in development since Brotherhood shipped, if the lead artists' LinkedIn page is to be believed. I think a French Rev game was always in the pipeline, although I think it's extremely unlikely that the modern day story is unfolding as it was planned back in 2010.

Jexx21
07-24-2014, 12:51 AM
I disagree. The modern day story seems to be following what Subject 16 told Desmond in Brotherhood.

Xstantin
07-24-2014, 12:54 AM
Didn't they write off 16's predictions as ramblings of a madman with the whole Juno is the mastermind thing hinted at the Lost Archive?

wvstolzing
07-24-2014, 12:57 AM
The real question is whether the 'old MD' has *any* remaining relevance to the 'new MD'.

... maybe Shaun will post a message about this on Initiates. Or on Facebook, or something.

Xstantin
07-24-2014, 12:58 AM
^Shaun'd better start posting then. :p

Jexx21
07-24-2014, 01:05 AM
Didn't they write off 16's predictions as ramblings of a madman with the whole Juno is the mastermind thing hinted at the Lost Archive?

16's predictions match up perfectly with the events of AC3, with the Eve subject touched upon in Liberation, however the Garden of Eden and Desmond's son sections are not touched yet.

And it was only said that 16 was crazy and said a lot of things in reference to Desmond's son, which I think is actually fair seeing as that was one of the sections where Subject 16 wasn't being entirely coherent.

Desmond: Subject 16?
Clay: Yes, Subject 17.
Desmond: You're dead. I saw your blood (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Cryptic_Messages).
Clay: No time. It is far later than you know. Too late to save them.
Desmond: Who?
Clay: She is not who you think she is. Everything you hope to become, everything you hold dear. It's already gone.
Desmond: Explain. Please.
Clay: Eden. She... in Eden. Find Eve. The key. Her DNA...
Desmond: Tell me!
Clay: I can not... The sun (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Sun)... Your son... Too weak... Must replenish energy...
Desmond: Don't go.
Clay: I am with you until the end. Find me in the darkness (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Room).

Xstantin
07-24-2014, 01:16 AM
Ok, I see. I forgot about Eve in Liberation :( but I guess it makes sense then.