PDA

View Full Version : Adult Car guy/Gamer looking for crew

Majik16106
07-23-2014, 10:23 PM
With all of the new posts and crews and everything popping up. I thought I would try this. Below is my "resume". Just looking for a place where I can play with people and talk cars with car guys. I'd like to avoid the " I've never even seen a GTR but OMG ITS THE BEST CAR EVAR!" crowd. I don't mind people who aren't as knowledgeable. Not at all. I mind people who pretend that they are.

I am in the US now and will probably have both PC and xbox1 versions of the game. I am curious about your clubs as well.

Is it mostly adults? Do you guys do social events as well as competition or mostly competition focused? Are you guys car guys or game guys? More one or the other?

A little about me: Im 30 and have been playing games and racing games since I was 6. I've done everything from hardcore raiding in Wow to casual playthrough of games like Mini Ninjas and Tales of Vesperia. I own pretty much every racing game from Outrun to Tokyo Xtreme racer to auto modellista, every forza, Dirt, NFS.. etc. The reason for this is my primary passion is cars. I lived in Japan for a long time just to be part of the car scene there. You can see my pictures/proof at facebook.com/echogarage. I have been racing in real life since I was 10, Junior Dragsters and Karting all the way up to now. Current track cars include a 350z and Triumph tr4A, but I have driven just about everything on track, including exotics. So.. Im a gamer, a mechanic, and a driver. I was looking for a fun social crew who can talk cars and race with. Im no longer super competitive in gaming. Maybe my age, or maybe just tired of it. I definitely participate in races and do well, but I dont spend 40 hours a week practicing. I wouldn't consider myself hardcore but I do well in online modes of Forza5 or other series I play.. Just wanted to find a crew that was a good fit for me, and that I could be a good fit for. Let me know what you think.

Paul

BeerdedFury
07-24-2014, 05:42 AM
With all of the new posts and crews and everything popping up. I thought I would try this. Below is my "resume". Just looking for a place where I can play with people and talk cars with car guys. I'd like to avoid the " I've never even seen a GTR but OMG ITS THE BEST CAR EVAR!" crowd. I don't mind people who aren't as knowledgeable. Not at all. I mind people who pretend that they are.

I am in the US now and will probably have both PC and xbox1 versions of the game. I am curious about your clubs as well.

Is it mostly adults? Do you guys do social events as well as competition or mostly competition focused? Are you guys car guys or game guys? More one or the other?

A little about me: Im 30 and have been playing games and racing games since I was 6. I've done everything from hardcore raiding in Wow to casual playthrough of games like Mini Ninjas and Tales of Vesperia. I own pretty much every racing game from Outrun to Tokyo Xtreme racer to auto modellista, every forza, Dirt, NFS.. etc. The reason for this is my primary passion is cars. I lived in Japan for a long time just to be part of the car scene there. You can see my pictures/proof at facebook.com/echogarage. I have been racing in real life since I was 10, Junior Dragsters and Karting all the way up to now. Current track cars include a 350z and Triumph tr4A, but I have driven just about everything on track, including exotics. So.. Im a gamer, a mechanic, and a driver. I was looking for a fun social crew who can talk cars and race with. Im no longer super competitive in gaming. Maybe my age, or maybe just tired of it. I definitely participate in races and do well, but I dont spend 40 hours a week practicing. I wouldn't consider myself hardcore but I do well in online modes of Forza5 or other series I play.. Just wanted to find a crew that was a good fit for me, and that I could be a good fit for. Let me know what you think.

Paul

Hey, Paul, how's it going, man? I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty jealous...I've always wanted to go to Japan...love the culture, and, of course, the cars. It's cool to find an actual adult gear-head/car person/gamer such as myself! I've always had an affinity for cars since I was a kid. I've had everything from an older 80's Celica, to a 73 240Z (Fairlady Z in Japan), an SR swapped s13 and some decent mods/upgrades/etc, and now, my newest love, an '03 Audi Allroad Quattro. (My other love...German sports cars haha)

Anyway, I'm just now downloading the game to check it out. I've played the Forza series since it originally came out, except I've not yet had a chance to play 5 because I don't have an Xbox One. Also played Gran Turismo from the very beginning up to I believe GT 4 or so.

Anyway, hit me up sometime if you'd like to **** around in-game or something!

Later,

Jason