PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else getting 2012 déjà vu?

Sushiglutton
07-23-2014, 06:02 PM
So far almost everything about AC:U looks and sounds amazing. That's a good thing, right? Well remembering 2012 my feelings are a bit mixed. It's kind of spooky how similar the message is:

New engine
All gameplay pillars rebuilt from the ground up
Perfect entry point for new players
Freshest AC ever!
Brand new experience!
etc.

Just as one example of how it sounded in 2012 see this article: http://www.nowgamer.com/features/1326914/assassins_creed_3_why_starting_from_scratch_has_be en_worth_it_interview.html

At the same time (just as in 2012) they have shown very little of what this complete overhaul actually consists of. Will it lead to deeper, more rewarding gameplay, with a greater sense of control/interactivity? Or is Unity (as AC3) more focused on showing cool stuff, while at the same time minimizing the input required? Just as in 2012 I want to believe that this year Ubi will finally deliver on all the potential and create an AC game with gameplay matching the production values. It's exciting to get swept away by the hype train.

I just can't stop the nagging feeling though, that this is 2012 all over again!

ACfan443
07-23-2014, 06:28 PM
I feel the same way, and deep down inside I have this untenable suspicion that Unity will go down the AC3 route and fail to deliver. I just hope it doesn't end up being a colossal disappointment.

For me the déjà vu truly hit with the arrival of the latest 'experience' trailer, the buzzwords and hyperbole were frighteningly similar to AC3's anvilnext trailer.

JustPlainQuirky
07-23-2014, 06:29 PM
Too bad I wasn't in the fandom during 2012 :(

RatonhnhakeFan
07-23-2014, 06:29 PM
It's marketing tlk, what do you expect? "The new AC the same just with fresh coat of paint, give us $60"?

poptartz20
07-23-2014, 06:33 PM
actually.. don't they do this just about every time? ... Deadliest Assassin, Perfect Entry Point, New Experience, etc.

it's time to move on whether you liked AC3 or not it was 2 years ago. It's okay people we can live our lives!

RatonhnhakeFan
07-23-2014, 06:34 PM
it's time to move on whether you liked AC3 or not it was 2 years ago. It's okay people we can live our lives!

Nevar!!!11

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-23-2014, 06:41 PM
@Raton

Lol, good one. But yeah, I'm starting to see a deja vu pattern here myself. I really don't want to go through the overhyped underdelivered nonsense that AC3 went through. Ubi should have hopefully learned their lesson.

Regardless, I still think they did a good job with it, so I look forward to what Unity is gonna bring :)

@poptart

People have been scarred from the craziness of AC3 so I guess they have a right to feel "cautious" lol

m4r-k7
07-23-2014, 06:44 PM
I agree. Every AC game I get hyped for but AC 3 was on a different scale. I literally watched the E3 trailer so many times! I enjoyed the game loads though so I don't feel too scared. However many faults are in the next AC game I will still love it.

poptartz20
07-23-2014, 06:46 PM
Nevar!!!11

Haha! what was I thinking! you're right... let's compare every AC game for the next 4 years to AC3 and say everything will be like it . . FOR-EV-AR.

let's not forget the tremendous amount of complaining about how ubi just wants our money and doesn't care about games or doesn't follow through on promises! yes! I'm so excited! :D

@ humble yes being cautious is fine.. but at the same time I feel most people felt that AC4 was like the "ACB" of the Kenway saga. It was just a better polished version of AC3. Most were happy with it and it took a step in the right direction as far as game play. (because we all know that AC4 was really just "Pirates" Creed and had nothing to do with the actual creed. haha) So if ubi sticks with this formula and build on top of that I think they will be just fine! I'm curious and excited to see what's next to come for the franchise. It's the risk we all take when it comes to video games especially in a franchise like this. Some bomb. yeah it sucks. but we move on.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-23-2014, 06:51 PM
Haha! what was I thinking! you're right... let's compare every AC game for the next 4 years to AC3 and say everything will be like it . . FOR-EV-AR.

let's not forget the tremendous amount of complaining about how ubi just wants our money and doesn't care about games or doesn't follow through on promises! yes! I'm so excited! :D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

Jexx21
07-23-2014, 06:54 PM
@ humble yes being cautious is fine.. but at the same time I feel most people felt that AC4 was like the "ACB" of the Kenway saga. It was just a better polished version of AC3. Most were happy with it and it took a step in the right direction as far as game play. (because we all know that AC4 was really just "Pirates" Creed and had nothing to do with the actual creed. haha) So if ubi sticks with this formula and build on top of that I think they will be just fine! I'm curious and excited to see what's next to come for the franchise. It's the risk we all take when it comes to video games especially in a franchise like this. Some bomb. yeah it sucks. but we move on.

What are you talking about. AC4 was all about the Creed.

GunnerGalactico
07-23-2014, 06:57 PM
@Raton

Lol, good one. But yeah, I'm starting to see a deja vu pattern here myself. I really don't want to go through the overhyped underdelivered nonsense that AC3 went through. Ubi should have hopefully learned their lesson.

Regardless, I still think they did a good job with it, so I look forward to what Unity is gonna bring :)

I hope they did learn their lesson, but despite the shortcomings in AC3- I still enjoyed the plot. That was what kept me going. I don't think that Unity is going to go down the same road as AC3.

Jexx21
07-23-2014, 07:00 PM
Unity doesn't seem to be trying to sell itself as much as AC3 or AC4 did though.

At least, not so far... At least we don't have any stupid Smosh video yet or some guy eating American revolution themed food.

Game will still be fun regardless (at least I had fun with AC3).

Xstantin
07-23-2014, 07:04 PM
@Jexx, indeed. So far Ubi's actually keeping it classy, but I'll wait for dubstep here and there.

Mr_Shade
07-23-2014, 07:08 PM
I like a bit of dub step..

wooob wooob wooob

Xstantin
07-23-2014, 07:12 PM
Same here :) woob woob fits AC videos

poptartz20
07-23-2014, 07:16 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

-_-... maybe you should read it as I was giving it right back to you.

What are you talking about. AC4 was all about the Creed.

I'm totally kidding Jexx! I was being sarcastic!

Sushiglutton
07-23-2014, 07:21 PM
I feel the same way, and deep down inside I have this untenable suspicion that Unity will go down the AC3 route and fail to deliver. I just hope it doesn't end up being a colossal disappointment.

For me the déjà vu truly hit with the arrival of the latest 'experience' trailer, the buzzwords and hyperbole were frighteningly similar to AC3's anvilnext trailer.

Yeah like I said it's almost spooky how they repeat the marketing line by line. *shivers*

It's marketing tlk, what do you expect? "The new AC the same just with fresh coat of paint, give us $60"?

I suppose it's the nature of marketing. Thought about Unity some today and realized that they have shown absolutely nothing to support that combat has been substantially improved (as an example). I suppose what I want to see are more detailed gameplay videos clearly demonstrating that the gameplay has been improved in meaningful ways and will now have enough depth to last throughout the experience.

:eek: you are crrrrrrazy pop! AC3 has scared me for ever, there is no going back to a normal life now!

Xstantin
07-23-2014, 07:24 PM
Dunno, the reveal trailer had a really strong AC I vibe about it.
I guess Ubi's mixing it up a bit. For ACIII we had inky Connor, this time it's some statues representing the French Revolution (maybe it's just me but I usually remember stylized trailers the most).

poptartz20
07-23-2014, 07:27 PM
:eek: you are crrrrrrazy pop! AC3 has scared me for ever, there is no going back to a normal life now!

It is kinda like scar for life. I understand. You start comparing games like borderlands, mass effect, and CoD to AC3 because of all the pain and torment. *pats back* it'll be okay friend.

m4r-k7
07-23-2014, 07:28 PM
The difference with AC Unity is that with AC 3 the marketing was really aimed at Connor who was a warrior - he was shown killing tons and tons of redcoats, like he was a one man army. With Unity it looks like it is really emphasising that Assassin feel. It really is reminding me of AC 1 and it seems they are being inspired by that "assassin" simulator of efficiency, social stealth and crowds.

Kaschra
07-23-2014, 07:33 PM

Yeah, I got the same feeling, especially after the Revolution Gameplay trailer. And it kinda makes me nervous, too :/

Megas_Doux
07-23-2014, 07:41 PM
Yes!!!

And even though Arno reminds me of Altair, there is some sort of 2012´s resemblance and I just DONT like that. At least my hype levels are not even close though.

m4r-k7
07-23-2014, 07:48 PM
I think its just Ubisoft's marketing strategy. To hype stuff as much as possible. But at the moment, I am very happy with AC Unity.

pirate1802
07-23-2014, 08:54 PM
Parkour seems to be as automated as before and there is still no indication that combat would be noticiably harder. The city looks breathtaking though, and the addition of a stealth mode took a long time coming. But then again, AI still seems to be dumb. SO I dunno what to think honestly.

The difference with AC Unity is that with AC 3 the marketing was really aimed at Connor who was a warrior - he was shown killing tons and tons of redcoats, like he was a one man army. With Unity it looks like it is really emphasising that Assassin feel. It really is reminding me of AC 1 and it seems they are being inspired by that "assassin" simulator of efficiency, social stealth and crowds.

That is a good point. White showing off AC3 they were mostly focusing on the new shiny things, the fluff. Jungles, hunting, animals, naval and stuff. This time around atleast what they are showing are the core pillars of the series.

Jexx21
07-23-2014, 10:10 PM
Pirate, parkour in AC was always "automated."

I'm replaying AC2 and parkour feels the same as AC3/AC4 except for the jump grab mechanic and the lack of the "slide over/under object" mechanic (from AC3 and AC4).

rickprog
07-23-2014, 10:36 PM
^Edward/Haytham/Connor do run faster than Ezio/Altaïr, which was implemented to compensate for the wider streets.

I confess my hype is very high with AC:U, but it's for the proper reasons. I really thought that while both AC3 and AC4 brought up some great and fun elements into play, the franchise lacked the upgrading of the core pillars, and that's precisely what we're getting this time around. There's still things that could make the game disappointing like a predictable/cliché'd/cheesy/forced story, senseless side missions, erratic AI (in the bad sense, of course), lack of delivery in the actual upgrade of the core pillars and under-intuitive systems in the game, to name a few. But I think the game will be quite enjoyable in the worst possible scenario.

Jexx21
07-23-2014, 10:49 PM
The running faster I have no issue with. Ezio climbed faster than Altair to compensate for the larger buildings and also to make it more fluid.

I'm just saying, that I don't think that AC3/AC4 are necessarily that "automated." People have said that it was because Connor would jump places when we didn't actually move the stick in that direction for it to happen, but I notice that happening in both AC1 and AC2 as well...

Besides, ACU parkour doesn't look that automated anyway.

Landruner
07-24-2014, 01:19 AM
So far almost everything about AC:U looks and sounds amazing. That's a good thing, right? Well remembering 2012 my feelings are a bit mixed. It's kind of spooky how similar the message is:

New engine
All gameplay pillars rebuilt from the ground up
Perfect entry point for new players
Freshest AC ever!
Brand new experience!
etc.

Just as one example of how it sounded in 2012 see this article: http://www.nowgamer.com/features/1326914/assassins_creed_3_why_starting_from_scratch_has_be en_worth_it_interview.html

At the same time (just as in 2012) they have shown very little of what this complete overhaul actually consists of. Will it lead to deeper, more rewarding gameplay, with a greater sense of control/interactivity? Or is Unity (as AC3) more focused on showing cool stuff, while at the same time minimizing the input required? Just as in 2012 I want to believe that this year Ubi will finally deliver on all the potential and create an AC game with gameplay matching the production values. It's exciting to get swept away by the hype train.

That is actually the feeling of a lot of people outside this forum. It looks like that a lot are getting ready for a massive disappointment for Unity a la AC3 especially based upon the massive hype campaign surrounding that game and also those multiple versions and territorial version (collectors eds) and those pre-orders bonuses for multiple retailers and so one.... the facts is that if you check closely to the feedback from most online recent articles it looks like that Ubisoft is pushing people to pre-ordering the game the same way it had been done for the mixed Watch Dogs .

In fact thanks to Ubisoft and WD now in some popular video gaming reactions - too much hype and marketing strategy for a game in order to push people to pre-ordering a game is resuming that the game won't meet the expectations.

Back then despite the little deception of ACR, a lot of people had confidence that AC3 will be the best of the series. The hype was there but it was not that much exaggerated. Lokk at he stuff announced for AC3 and how many stuff went down the drain.... we have no guaranty they won't do the same for Unity neither.

It is difficult to honestly have an opinion for Unity based upon what the game could be like post release, but already they are some points or signs regarding the game design directions and the game conception and realization that alas show the reliability of the concerns for a lot of people. I am not personally very enthusiastic regarding some changes, but i could be wrong as well, but for what I saw so far the all thing looks pretty much the same...

The fact that it is Alexandre Amancio on the board this time again does not really reassure people neither. ACR was somewhat no one of the best AC and most of the design for ACR always appeal mixed opinion regarding the game.

Actually and additionally, PC people have serious concern regarding the optimization of the game, and I understand them.

Months ago someone told me that they were going to spend more money for promoting that game that they actually did regarding its conception, (which is ridiculous) and after seeing all that marketing fare I believe that is true., and it does not sound good at all.

In my opinion Ubisoft should make some effort to convince people with concrete explanations or clarification regarding the gameplay instead of focusing on marketing campaign and generating over and over those almost comical extravaganza hyped propaganda for that game or still generating those unpopular controversies like it was the case after E3.

JarekKorczynski
07-24-2014, 01:31 AM
Landruner +1

So far we have seen two developer's diaries and the second one was practically a repetition of the first... No new footage except of a few seconds that appeared to be taken out from cutscenes... With all the talk how big and densly populated the Paris map is going to be - what have we really get to see since announcement? Same crowds gathered around Notre Dame and the Palais de Justice, same random procedural streets... Same sequences "filmed" from different angles... I'd really want to see more before I hit the preorder button, but Ubi just does not make me feel compelled to... :(

SixKeys
07-24-2014, 01:33 AM
TBH I was never all that hyped for AC3 and some tidbits we've heard about Unity have made me less hyped than I initially was. So I'm taking the marketing talk with a massive grain of salt. Expect the worst, hope for the best.

pacmanate
07-24-2014, 01:36 AM
Dont' Believe The Hype.

Landruner
07-24-2014, 01:38 AM
Dont' Believe The Hype.

Well I quit this age ago but I am still hoping since....lol

marvelfannumber
07-24-2014, 01:44 AM
I've said this before, and i'll say it again, it's best to be cautiosly optimisitc.

Here's what I do in these kinds of situations:

When I have the game in my hands, ready to put in the disc/press launch, i'll say to myself "Ok me, I know you're really hyped for this but try to think if it's bad. Just think of the worst possibile scenario and try to expect it to be ok, not the best game ever, just something to waste time."

Point is, never bite into the hype. Keep an open mind to everything you hear and see and don't expect anything more out of the game until you've played it yourself.

king-hailz
07-24-2014, 01:54 AM
Well I have had a different experience through out the AC's...
AC1 -ACB I played without any marketing and trailers... LOVED IT!
ACR I expected a great ending and a good story and I was excited about constantinople. I got what I expected.
AC3 I thought this would be the best game in the world. I was disappointed.
AC4 I was excited but was holding it after AC3... pleasantly surprised.
ACU not excited yet... looks a bit meh.... For many reasons... I want to be shocked!

LoyalACFan
07-24-2014, 03:51 AM
I'm not feeling the same at all. When AC3's setting was announced, I had already got my heart set on the French Revolution (based on the end of Brotherhood) so colonial America was a huge punch in the gut. I eventually got on board the hype train (unfortunately) but it took some persuading. With AC3 I felt "wow, this is a fresh new take on the formula" but with Unity I'm feeling "this is what AC was supposed to be." AC3 sold me on its boldness, whereas Unity is selling me on features that I've been specifically wanting for years now.

Basically, I think AC3 took a lot of risks that I was initially hyped for but ultimately didn't pay off, whereas Unity seems to be taking fewer risks and actually fixing what was broken.

JustPlainQuirky
07-24-2014, 05:35 AM
I need to stop falling for hype. Totally ruined Watch_Dogs for me.

Jexx21
07-24-2014, 05:53 AM
Watch Dogs was actually pretty good IMO. I had a lot of fun with it.

masterfenix2009
07-24-2014, 05:56 AM
It's simple. Just have reasonable expectations. You will never be overhyped.

Assassin_M
07-24-2014, 05:59 AM
Mayrice is a story person, if the story is just a notch below mind blowing, the game sucks....that's what i gathered from her posts, at least

Sesheenku
07-24-2014, 09:08 AM
I didn't even watch the commercials for AC3, I had stopped watching TV ages ago and had forgotten about AC entirely after playing Revelations.

Then 3 popped up in stores and I still got it.

I had no expectations other than the ones given to me from previous games and I still hated it.

"New combat" Lololololololol! That's hilarious that they put it in an AC3 article... New combat... All they did was take the exact same combat and over simplify it so that even a brain dead monkey could play it efficiently.

Taking the cheese off of a slice of bread does not change the fact that the bread is bread.

I seriously hope they're not doing this again. They can say good bye to my money after Unity if they don't deliver.

LoyalACFan
07-24-2014, 12:39 PM

IMO it's one of those games that's fun as hell when you're playing it but once you finish you don't ever feel the desire to go back to it. I haven't touched it since May.

pacmanate
07-24-2014, 03:13 PM
IMO it's one of those games that's fun as hell when you're playing it but once you finish you don't ever feel the desire to go back to it. I haven't touched it since May.

Same as you. Same with me and GTAV actually. Havent played it since I finished it in September

joelsantos24
07-24-2014, 03:37 PM
I agree. Every AC game I get hyped for but AC 3 was on a different scale. I literally watched the E3 trailer so many times! I enjoyed the game loads though so I don't feel too scared. However many faults are in the next AC game I will still love it.
My feelings exactly. I still love all the AC games, I just love some more than others. Currently, Black Flag is at the bottom of my list, but I'm currently giving it another try and I'm seriously enjoying it this time. Far more than I did the first time I played it, but it's still early to say if it'll change my opinion entirely. Unity, however, has everything to deliver: you have the famous engine and the new generation consoles. I'm seriously impressed, in a very positive way, from what I've been watching in the vídeos.

m4r-k7
07-24-2014, 03:57 PM

I just completed it this minute. Its a weird one. It started really good, but then I struggled to continue the game as I just didn't care for the characters or what they were trying to achieve. I made myself carry on as I hate not finishing games. Its a good game. I would rate it about a 7 / 10. It had some innovative ideas and I loved the stealth in it. I just didn't have much fun playing it towards the end of the game. Watch Dogs is a great baseline game, like AC 1 was. I think Watch Dogs 2 has the chance to be a fantastic game now they have the basis of what the game is about.

Locopells
07-24-2014, 04:05 PM
Same as you. Same with me and GTAV actually. Havent played it since I finished it in September

You just reminded me to order that...

RenoRex1995
07-24-2014, 04:09 PM
I just completed it this minute. Its a weird one. It started really good, but then I struggled to continue the game as I just didn't care for the characters or what they were trying to achieve. I made myself carry on as I hate not finishing games. Its a good game. I would rate it about a 7 / 10. It had some innovative ideas and I loved the stealth in it. I just didn't have much fun playing it towards the end of the game. Watch Dogs is a great baseline game, like AC 1 was. I think Watch Dogs 2 has the chance to be a fantastic game now they have the basis of what the game is about.

Watched the gameplay video. Seems like AC1 all over again with a even more I-don't-really-care-who-he-is-and-what-he-is-doing main protagonist.
It becomes quite repetitive and boring after a certain moment.

pirate1802
07-24-2014, 04:58 PM
Mayrice is a story person, if the story is just a notch below mind blowing, the game sucks....that's what i gathered from her posts, at least

You are alive!

pacmanate
07-24-2014, 05:03 PM
You are alive!

He's been here for at least 3 weeks now... have you been in a coma?

Dev_Anj
07-24-2014, 05:20 PM
The Phanton Blade gives me 2000 deja vu.

http://www.visualwalkthroughs.com/deusex/subbase1/35.jpg

:p

pirate1802
07-24-2014, 05:26 PM
He's been here for at least 3 weeks now... have you been in a coma?

Erm no.. busy with more important matters in life. So please forgive me if I don't keep an accurate timelog of who is banned and who is active at which instant.

pacmanate
07-24-2014, 05:27 PM
Erm no.. busy with more important matters in life. So please forgive me if I don't keep an accurate timelog of who is banned and who is active at which instant.

Didnt say you have to do that. But if you arent around for ages its a bit weird to come back like "Omg you're back!", when you yourself havent been here

pirate1802
07-24-2014, 05:30 PM
Didnt say you have to do that. But if you arent around for ages its a bit weird to come back like "Omg you're back!", when you yourself havent been here

Because when I was active I saw someone say that he's given up on these forums 4eva.

To M: OMG you're alive and I'm alive too!

Dome500
07-24-2014, 05:48 PM
Well, I think it definitely goes down the same road in terms of marketing, but what do you expect, PR is still PR.

I'm also suspicious, but what they have shown so far looks definitely better than anything AC3 did ever show before release, it's less concentrated on the visuals and animations and seems to want to rather revolutionize the core gameplay concepts which is something promising.

Also I really like Amancio so I have a little bit more trust this time, but I do of course stay suspicious until the end.

GoldenBoy9999
07-24-2014, 07:41 PM
Also I really like Amancio so I have a little bit more trust this time, but I do of course stay suspicious until the end.

Yeah I like Amancio too. He seems pretty passionate in his work. I feel confident he can make a good game but he says seamless in almost every sentence it seems like.:p

Jexx21
07-24-2014, 07:51 PM

I like Watch_Dogs more the further I got into the story.

I give it an 8.5/10

Can't wait to get back to it once I get a better rig.

m4r-k7
07-24-2014, 07:55 PM
Yeah I like Amancio too. He seems pretty passionate in his work. I feel confident he can make a good game but he says seamless in almost every sentence it seems like.:p

Arno - the most seamless assassin yet

Xstantin
07-24-2014, 07:57 PM
The Phanton Blade gives me 2000 deja vu.

:p

Dunno, I get this vibe.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130420154917/dishonoredvideogame/images/f/fb/Wristbow_use_02.jpg

Jexx21
07-24-2014, 08:00 PM
that's Daud, not Corvo

Xstantin
07-24-2014, 08:02 PM
@Jexx, I know. Just similar weapon in a way.

Jexx21
07-24-2014, 08:09 PM
I know, I was just saying it in case people were thinking they stole the idea from Dishonored's protagonist.

lothario-da-be
07-24-2014, 09:50 PM
I too feel like its 2012 again, and I don't like it. Everytime I get excited I think of ac3, wich kils my hype instantly :(

Jexx21
07-24-2014, 11:34 PM
AC3 was still a fun game even if it disappointed us in some aspects though

Xstantin
07-24-2014, 11:36 PM
I still like ACIII despite its flaws. I guess for me it something about the setting/scale.

m4r-k7
07-24-2014, 11:37 PM
AC3 was still a fun game even if it disappointed us in some aspects though

To be honest, when I played the game the only bad things about it was the terrible stealth and the bugs - the rest I loved and I quit the game thinking "wow what a great game"
I only started to doubt myself of the games awesomeness when I read about reviews / comments on the internet. Looking back now, I loved the game despite its faults!

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-24-2014, 11:40 PM
I also thought AC3 was good regardless of the flaws.

#prayforaremasterededitiontocorrectflaws

Xstantin
07-24-2014, 11:42 PM
@Humble, Amen :D.

GunnerGalactico
07-24-2014, 11:49 PM
I really enjoyed the plot in AC3. Not all of the missions were terrible. I really enjoyed the naval and Captain Kidd missions the most. :)

JustPlainQuirky
07-24-2014, 11:54 PM
I appreciate people who love a game and at the same time acknowledge it has flaws.

Nothing annoys me more when people insist their favorite game is a masterpiece that needs no improvement.

Ureh
07-25-2014, 08:11 AM
I'm not too worried. Bugs/glitches on release, features that are absent, graphics that don't look exactly like the promo vids, stuff that turn out to be less than we expected/hoped for.... chances are one of these'll happen (or all of them). Despite these thingies, the AC games still satisfy me somehow.

poptartz20
07-25-2014, 08:23 AM
To be honest, when I played the game the only bad things about it was the terrible stealth and the bugs - the rest I loved and I quit the game thinking "wow what a great game"
I only started to doubt myself of the games awesomeness when I read about reviews / comments on the internet. Looking back now, I loved the game despite its faults!

I still feel the same way as this! I experienced personally a very minute amount of bugs.

joelsantos24
07-25-2014, 11:37 AM
I really enjoyed AC3, and the convoluted meta-story was never an issue, at least for me perssonally. Bugs are normal, in every single game, some may have them more than others, but it's general. With that being said, the stealth was definitely lacking something, but as the first game in the series to effectively apply physical stealth, I can forgive that.

In Unity, they're applying some defining concepts from (Splinter Cell) Blacklist. For instance, the last known position shadow, which attracts the enemies to that exact place, enabling you to vanish after you move from that spot. The crouching and overall stealth movement, are all Splinter Cell trademark concepts. And you know what? It's about time they realize there are some really applicable notions, from the greatest stealth action game ever.

Fatal-Feit
07-25-2014, 03:49 PM
Before AC:3, I thought the franchise was just another cliche casual series. Bought AC:3 expecting it to be the exact same thing because you know, that was Assassin's Creed from 2009-2011, but I was dead wrong.

Glitches aside, I was absolutely blown away by the game. The graphics were definitely ahead of its time. --I still think it's much better than AC:IV. Hell, AC:3 and AC:IV could have switched place, IMO. The story was phenomenon, and had me realize how deep and philosophical the franchise could be when it wants to. A lot of people didn't like the fact that Haytham took a majority of the game, but it didn't bother me at all. In fact, Haytham became my #1 antagonist in video games. And the way the story progressed, there was always either something new to play with (naval, tools, assassin brotherhood, homestead, hunting, faction missions), or something major was happening in the story. I was also blown away by the accuracy of its time period. Whether it was exploring the cities, or hunting in the frontiers, I couldn't help but be impressed. --Let alone the fun I had with the new parkour system. All in all, AC:3 simply kept me impressed every step of the way. It didn't feel as linear as the previous title, and the story was twice as engaging for me.

So I guess for me, I would love for another 2012 deja vu. :o

Jexx21
07-25-2014, 06:26 PM
Just saying, but Haytham didn't take up a majority of AC3. Just a significant chuck.

naumaan
07-25-2014, 07:12 PM
whenever a new game with a new set of tools and gameplay methods and techniques arive ... people talk .. for some its no good .. for some its no bad ... i liked the gameplay of older games but iAC3 was not a disappointment to me ... so i think ACU will also be great unless they kill the story angle of the game.

Fatal-Feit
07-25-2014, 07:33 PM
Just saying, but Haytham didn't take up a majority of AC3. Just a significant chuck.

3 playable sequences, I believe. And another 2 or 3 around the end.