PDA

View Full Version : I found an excellent hiding spot on the downtown bridges.

ThisNameIsSoCool
07-21-2014, 10:52 PM
Here are two back-to-back hacks where I stumbled onto a great hiding spot. The first hack is me finding it for the very first time, and the second is me completely screwing up a good thing by making one mistake after another. Since then, I've managed to do it successfully 100% of the time by raising the bridge. With the bridge raised, there is almost no way they can find you. I believe this spot is on every bridge on the river.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00K-L1vhIII

Ureh
07-22-2014, 04:36 AM
Nice find. :]

FalconFly
07-22-2014, 09:39 AM
I always wonder why some seem to be able to hack from such a large distance ?

I have to move within about 40-45m to initiate a hack or ~50m to profile :p

ThisNameIsSoCool
07-22-2014, 06:19 PM
I always wonder why some seem to be able to hack from such a large distance ?

I have to move within about 40-45m to initiate a hack or ~50m to profile :p

I was only 30m away from both of them when I started the hack. You should be able to get a good distance away from them before initiating the hack though. I usually take the full minute to run away and find a good spot. There will be a red area on the map that will tell you when you've gone too far away from the target.

FalconFly
07-22-2014, 06:31 PM
?
Just looking at 00:12 in your video, the game first offers you to hack the player at ~79m range (he quickly breaks line of sight though but your cursor definitely changes into Hack mode there). A few seconds later visibly again at about 65m range.

That's what I meant.
I don't get that option until I'm inside at least 50m or less. Lots of times this distance also prevented me from using otherwise well-positioned cameras.

I've noted that in several other videos as well, that's why I was curious about that. Being able to hack from almost 80m distance would make my life incredibly easy compared to what I had to do so far.

ThisNameIsSoCool
07-22-2014, 06:38 PM
OK, I see what you mean. There are different perks as you level up in notoriety, so maybe that's one of them. Sorry, I really don't pay much attention to the scoring system. But for instance, I know that once you hit 10,000 notoriety, you get a picture of the person who's invading you, so you can see what their NPC skin is. I really don't know what the other perks are, but having the ability to hack from greater distances might be one of them.

FalconFly
07-22-2014, 08:19 PM
I have >16000 and unfortunately that doesn't come with that ;)

lKiBl
07-23-2014, 05:55 PM
it's very accessible from the far bank with a sniper rifle, I killed a hacker hiding there the other night. The search circle was centred on the bridge which made it a bit easier as there weren't many places he could of been.

ThisNameIsSoCool
07-24-2014, 06:28 PM
That's true. That's a bit of a vulnerability. You've got make sure the circle doesn't go over to the other side, because I almost never see players leaving the search circle to find me from another vantage point. And the other side of the river is too far to use the cameras there. Plus, if you raise the bridge, and make sure it stays raised, then they definitely aren't going to bother to race all the way over to the next bridge. Swimming across is the only other option, and then they've screwed themselves, because I'm going to see them and move.