PDA

View Full Version : New Update Coming to Trials Fusion!

Publishing
07-21-2014, 03:54 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtE8EF_CcAA9jd5.png

Greetings Trials riders, our first DLC Riders of the Rustlands is almost here but even before the first of 6 DLCs release next week, we’re going to have some new stuff coming to Trials Fusion in a new update. Not only will this update be filled with fixes and improvements for Tournaments, Track Central, the Track Editor and more but we are also adding a much requested feature. Track builders will now have the option to create custom Supercross tracks for the Local Multiplayer mode. Throw down 4 lanes of motorcross madness in the editor then invite your friends over and challenge them on your devious creations. The update will be out this Thursday, July 24th. "What else does it have?" you ask, check out the full patch notes below:

Title Update 3 Patch Notes
These Fixes are present on all platforms

General Bug Fixes

Split times will show the player’s best score in the split when Default Ghost is set to “none”.

When redeeming the Squirrel or Clown helmets from Uplay app, the correct reward will now be unlocked in the garage.

Fixed an issue that caused the game to freeze or crash on some tracks.

Fixed the localization of some message prompts and menus.

A message now appears when the user selects a grayed out tab from the statistics menu.

Fixed an issue where some data was not being synced between owner and friend.

Fixed an issue where users were receiving in-game track notifications from friends who only owned the trial version of the game.

Fixed an issue with bike and rider collision sound effects.

Fixed an issue where an exclamation mark was showing in career mode when no new tracks were available.

Using the “None” for the HUD scoring label now correctly shows no label instead of the word “None.”

Fixed a bug where record beat notifications are displayed even when the user does not play single player tracks.

Tournaments

Tournament XP will now immediately update the user's level and will be reflected in the Quick Stats Multiplayer tab instead of taking a few minutes.

Completed tournaments menu now shows more than 15 tournaments.

Fixed an issue that caused crashes on some tournaments.

Fixed the reward highlight to make it more clear what reward you earned.

Fixed a bug where the Tournament close dialog is not shown if the Tournament ends while in the quit Tournament screen.

Fixed a bug where “Undefined” is shown in the closed tournaments menu.

When a Tournament time isn’t saved, the player now receives a warning.

Fixed Tournament screens to not display information during menu transitions.

Fixed a bug where the game directs to the Garage if the user proceeds back to the race track selection screen and same time continuously pressing the RT button.

Editor

Players can now create Supercross tracks for local multiplayer in the editor.

Fixed an issue with textures in the editor.

Right control stick will now still work if you disable FMX tricks.

The track name will now update while sharing when you rename the track.

Fixed an issue where instructions were not being displayed while sharing a Skill track.

Players have the option to define controls uses for the “B”/”O” button in the Trials Fusion editor.

Track Central

Fixed an issue where a custom feed was not saved if it searched only by track creator.

Top rated feeds now shows the highest rated tracks first.

Type / Difficulty / Creator feeds can no longer be accessed while searching for a track, which was leading to menu overlapping.

Optimized Track Central searches for users with low bandwidth.

Local Multiplayer

Fixed an issue that was causing the game to crash with certain settings.

PC Specific Notes
These Fixes are for PC Only

General

When changing the resolution and starting a track, the duplicate glass-like image artifact is no more present.

Game display won’t anymore go out of safe frame window upon changing the resolution from lower to higher .

Black screen doesn’t appear anymore upon changing the Game resolution.

Alt + Enter keyboard shortcut should now work.

Fixed game crashes when user logs out from Uplay.

Graphical Options

When user is attempting to change the bottom graphics options by clicking on the names, it will not change anymore the options several rows above. • Conservative Morphological Anti-Aliasing (CMAA) option is now added to video settings.

Added an option to render particles with half definition to improve frame rate.

Editor

Fix for copying spline point using keyboard, it adds a new spline point after previous one.

User can now select another object without deselecting the previous one.

The "medal times" menu can now be navigated using the mouse.

The Song List menu now can be navigated by using the mouse.

Fixed an issue when user remains stuck when scroll-zooming out far away from the map.

Gizmos are not visible during gameplay in Test Track mode.

When going back from the Object Properties tool after selecting the 'Crater 5' Object in the 'Terrain Modification Tool' using a Mouse and Keyboard, the game won’t crash anymore.

Miscellaneous stability improvements of the In game Editor.

Track Central

After title fails to download a track, the highlighting and selecting of the tracks will now work without issues.

Local Multiplayer

Fix for automatic acceleration input if user resumes the game with Button A on Xbox controller for a keyboard player.

Fixed an issue when multiplayer match cannot be completed after pressing A or Enter button when one of the controller is disconnected.

Fixed an issue when player can join the Local Multiplayer lobby even when the Notification Center and Quick Stats tab is invoked.

Fixed keyboard mappings to join multiplayer session does not appear after a keyboard player joins and then leaves the session.

PC Control

Controller mapping button are now always displayed if player uses keyboard/mouse and then right analog stick.

Navigating the suit menus with the mouse will not update the menu bar when hovering over an equipped item.

Mouse wheel can now be used in How to Play menu and Credits.

Mouse is now supported for the Report Offensive Content Menu.

Xracer500
07-21-2014, 04:08 PM
• Fixed an issue that caused crashes on some tournaments.

Is this fix for this bug (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/893655-Tournament-Went-from-3rd-track-to-2nd-track)? Thanks

These updates look really great thanks RL!!! :)

Ozy Be
07-21-2014, 04:16 PM
:)Nice looking update...
Great news, thank you.

Will the Supercross tracks be available on Track Central for sharing?
Or are we limited to only play our own builds in Local?

Jeruhnq
07-21-2014, 05:40 PM
Great new :)

But i hope we will be able to download supercross tracks :nonchalance:

PneumaticBog484
07-21-2014, 08:37 PM
I know everyone including myself is excited about the return of custom Supercross :D But.........

•Players have the option to define controls uses for the “B”/”O” button in the Trials Fusion editor.

Did I just read that right?... We can define the checkpoint reset button?....... :eek:

YESSS! :D :D :D
This is an awesome addition. It may not work as I imagine it, but just being able to use it as a control is good enough for me. I already can imagine a way to turn it into a Track Restart button for speed run purposes. This is a great addition to the game. I remember threads asking for this feature and here it is! Thanks so much for adding a community suggested feature!

•Fixed an issue with bike and rider collision sound effects.
•Using the “None” for the HUD scoring label now correctly shows no label instead of the word “None.”

These two bug fixes are definitely nice as well. I know they are minor bugs, but it is nice to see the little quirks being patched too. I was having problems with my bike sound when I dynamically turned it the bike sound on/off, and hopefully this should fix it. The "None" label was just funny to look at. :p "You need None - 1000 to get Gold"

It's awesome to see such a big list of bug fixes, and the addition of both Supercross and a B button control. Keep up the awesome work!
- PneumaticBog484

DietPepsi1997
07-21-2014, 11:22 PM
I think the best way to describe my reaction to this post is: =D

TeriXeri
07-22-2014, 11:00 AM
Nice surprise to see this Update, will definately see how the fixes/changes perform.

DLC not too far now either 1 more week.

GAS_PR1CES
07-22-2014, 05:39 PM
hey really good news about the continuing patches and updates guys!

anyone have any idea if the small font will be made bigger in any upcoming updates? Is that possible to update? Thanks!

Archon453
07-22-2014, 11:13 PM
Yay! haha, glad to see this actually. :) Nice surprise, and DLC soon. Thanks guys!

Breity187
07-23-2014, 03:21 PM
rejoiced to hear, but PLEASE fix the FMX trick system, that makes me really angry. -.-

En0-
07-23-2014, 03:40 PM
FMX trick system is not broken :) It requires some training to get it right but it behaves the way it's supposed to behave. It's not easy to master though, totally agree.

Breity187
07-23-2014, 05:29 PM
Okay, Thanks :D
I try the Platin Medall, on Polar Accelerator, but it is so Hard.
I freak out, every time this, yoga move (coffein) let me cry. -.- :D

ObeseSpectator
07-24-2014, 03:20 AM
I hope the statistics overlay issue with the editor was fixed but not listed, because it can be tricky to be testing a track and not know how far you can push the animations/content without suffering frame drops while driving.

En0-
07-24-2014, 05:22 AM
Yes, I think it is fixed and just missing in the release notes. Please confirm when you get the patch today.

D2Dahaka
07-24-2014, 07:28 AM
Some very nice items in that list, things are getting there albeit slooooowly :)

auzkahglt
07-24-2014, 10:18 AM
update is out^^

Vimes_IXI
07-24-2014, 11:35 AM
Read through the list & it's all looking good so far!

Just have a couple of minor points on the 360 version:
The exclamation mark is still there on career for me. No new tracks are available (already 100%)
On the notifications tab, the red triangle is now there permanently even if I have nothing to be notified of :S

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=AA9B6C529DAD5A99!3290&authkey=!AAI7QUv61H1Pcsk&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=AA9B6C529DAD5A99!3291&authkey=!AGlKkpBKUKC9hOk&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

Vimes_IXI
07-24-2014, 11:42 AM
Thankfully nothing that affects the playing of this awesome game :D

Ozy Be
07-24-2014, 04:22 PM
Supercross:D Sweet, Just had a quick peek...Cant wait to get my building cap on:D
Also the Split-time fix and rating options switcheroo are good to see,
Along with a lot of not so obvious little changes this is a crackin update...

Thank you:D

Hope to see the 52track limit sorted and online MP added soon,
Along with all the DLC planned,
Soon we will have a pretty awesome game:D

Awesome now... but hope to see it even awesomer;)

ElColoLoco
07-24-2014, 05:19 PM
I still can't see my friends tracks, everytime I open the feed its says no tracks found

ElColoLoco
07-24-2014, 05:40 PM
Also exclamation mark still showing in career mode with 100% completed (PS4)

dasraizer
07-24-2014, 05:54 PM
wow great update guys, the editor seems so much more responsive and you fixed the vector bug woot.

thank you :D

the b button (so awesome) tile has no icon picture, its a brown tile (i think it had disabled text when on trials game type) , but i don't care its not game breaking and works a dream, kind of funny having this option now, well over 200+ hours and nearly 3 months creating a skill game and i set (i believe) nearly all objects to unchecked reset on check point (and meh collision sounds), even on objects with deco settings! (not sure how i got into that habit), but hey ho, if i run out of file size i'll (weeping) default them.

attila-999
07-24-2014, 06:41 PM
I have nothing, but then "nothing" including (a what has been said above) ... but obviously everyone is happy!

Congratulations guys RedLynx!

ObeseSpectator
07-24-2014, 07:57 PM
The editor feels very smooth now, and the statistics overlay issue has been fixed, seems like a victory in my book.

UseLessUK
07-24-2014, 09:33 PM
Greetings,

Is "alt + Enter" supposed to do something now on the PC? As it does nothing.

Also the Windows key also does nothing the only way now to minimize the game is to ALT + TAB it...

Jeruhnq
07-25-2014, 01:26 AM
Good update :)

Some litte improvements i noticed :
- The wallpapers when we load tracks or tournaments
- The 'image' of "Top rated this week (extreme)" is now correct (it don't touch the side).
- The medals and descriptions of tracks are now in the loading time (as i said before)
- I don't know if it's me or not but some tracks looks better.
- Supercross tracks have now medals! :p

But i've some questions :
What is the "!" near the SP mode ? (and near the MP mode?) It can't be undisplay.
+ It looks i've a notification but the notification number is at 0. When i click on it, it doesn't affect (i'm on PS4).
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/30/1406244038-trials-fusion-tm-20140725010337-50.jpg

Some issues i noticed (in relation to this update) :
- The image of the "button B" is broken (+ when you test a track with the 'icons' enable, some 'icons' don't appear) :
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/30/1406244042-trials-fusion-tm-20140725011759-50.jpg
- When you add a custom supercross track (with the xroto statue or the 5th key, i think (or my track is 'too big')) you haven't done in local MP, the game will crash : error "CE-34878-0".
I thought it was because i added some special things to the track (:rolleyes: ) but i removed them and tried again, it's not these things who cause the crash.
- When you test a supercross track, it doesn't show the time
- When you play tournaments, it doesn't show the friends ghosts

Some improvements it would be nice (in relation to this update) :
- For custom track, add a wallpaper too. Maybe the picture/thumbnail we took ?
- When i say "+ It looks i've a notification but the notification number is at 0. When i click on it, it doesn't affect.", is it the "Track notifications" ? because it doesn't work (since the launch of the game ...).
- Undisplay the B button in all type track except skill game. You undisplay many things for the supercross tracks, why not the B button too ?

Hope a dev' will read this :)

ps: when i will be able to put more characters in the instructions of my skill game ? =/

En0-
07-25-2014, 06:40 AM
Greetings,

Is "alt + Enter" supposed to do something now on the PC? As it does nothing.

Also the Windows key also does nothing the only way now to minimize the game is to ALT + TAB it...

Alt + Enter works for me (Windows 8), what is your OS? (it switches between full screen and windowed mode)

For Windows key, I'll report the key.

Cheers,

UseLessUK
07-25-2014, 08:06 AM
Greetings,

Windows 7 Professional x64

Mandrake2007
08-04-2014, 08:22 PM
It is a minor issue but not only did you not remove the exclamation mark which indicates new tracks from Career mode but you added another to Multiplayer!

I'm not suggesting you stop supporting Fusion but I think it is time to accept defeat and take whatever steps are necessary to ensure the next Trials game is a successful return to form or the franchise is done. I cannot find the words to adequately express my disappointment with Fusion. Maybe you raised the bar too high with Evolution!

En0-
08-05-2014, 07:25 AM
Hello Mandrakke,

I am not sure your negativity and the ton is really useful.

However, I just wanted to precise the exclamation mark in multiplayer is here to show it's now possible to add custom track for local multiplayer.

Regards,

Smilies2013
08-05-2014, 07:27 AM
It is a minor issue but not only did you not remove the exclamation mark which indicates new tracks from Career mode but you added another to Multiplayer!

I'm not suggesting you stop supporting Fusion but I think it is time to accept defeat and take whatever steps are necessary to ensure the next Trials game is a successful return to form or the franchise is done. I cannot find the words to adequately express my disappointment with Fusion. Maybe you raised the bar too high with Evolution!

At the beginning of trials fusion i also was very disapointed.
But at the look of it, i think this is gonna be INDEED the best trials game ever.
Yes.there is no multyplayer, but dont stare blind on it. (hope they ad it soon though)
But to tell you all, who keep saying this game sux.
Some games dont have the support or the care as they do in trials.
They are working on every feedback as much as possible, thats how i see it.
Give it time, and if u dont like it, maybe this isnt the game for you.

All i say: keep up the good work.

Mandrake2007
08-06-2014, 06:11 PM
Hello Mandrakke,

I am not sure your negativity and the ton is really useful.

However, I just wanted to precise the exclamation mark in multiplayer is here to show it's now possible to add custom track for local multiplayer.

Regards,

I can understand how you feel my negativity and tone are not useful. It must be difficult reading the constant bashing that something you helped create is receiving. However my negativity and tone are useful to me in signifying my frustration and disappointment that one of my favourite game franchises has released a sub par entry. I appreciate that you and your fellow developers are attempting to make the game more in line with your consumers expectations but you must appreciate that those consumers are entitled to their opinions regardless of how much you dislike it or them.

Thanks for the response all the same. So I have to play a custom super cross track to get the multiplayer exclamation mark to disappear? I take it the fix for the single player exclamation mark was unsuccessful?

At the beginning of trials fusion i also was very disapointed.
But at the look of it, i think this is gonna be INDEED the best trials game ever.
Yes.there is no multyplayer, but dont stare blind on it. (hope they ad it soon though)
But to tell you all, who keep saying this game sux.
Some games dont have the support or the care as they do in trials.
They are working on every feedback as much as possible, thats how i see it.
Give it time, and if u dont like it, maybe this isnt the game for you.

All i say: keep up the good work.

It isn't going to change enough to convince me. It has nothing to do with no multiplayer or poorly implemented Track Central. The game feels weird. Evo was spot on. Fusion is shoddy.

dasraizer
08-06-2014, 07:11 PM
nice quiet patch release :) and great you got the performance back.

one thing im interested in however, is the 1.1gig DL now a permanent feature of patch updates, or do you have plans on releasing the RoRL DLC as a 'you need to DL this' compatibility pack?

Patabarnack
09-02-2014, 11:58 PM
next patch will be ready around ?
can't wait to play (without trouble) multi player on local !!

Tigerriot
09-03-2014, 03:45 PM
I'm wondering when the tracks from friends section is going to work on PS4. It works on XB1, but not on PS4.

En0-
09-03-2014, 05:53 PM
I'm wondering when the tracks from friends section is going to work on PS4. It works on XB1, but not on PS4.

Hello!

Just to set the expectations right, we know about this issue, we're trying to understand why it works for some people and not for others (it doesn't seem to be only X1/PS4 difference) and trying to reproduce in our test environment. We don't have a fix for next patch but we're trying to find the cause of the issue and we'll fix it.

Cheers,

Ozy Be
09-03-2014, 06:18 PM
^ yea I hope this can get sorted someday,
Eno is right, its not a whatever platform issue,
On 360 it was randomly full/empty for me and on XB1 I've never seen a track in the friends feed and I check regularly because like I said about 360...
...I'm hoping it will just randomly work someday:confused:

Tigerriot
09-03-2014, 08:01 PM
Hello!

Just to set the expectations right, we know about this issue, we're trying to understand why it works for some people and not for others (it doesn't seem to be only X1/PS4 difference) and trying to reproduce in our test environment. We don't have a fix for next patch but we're trying to find the cause of the issue and we'll fix it.

Cheers,

Thanks for the info. It's always worked just fine for me on XB1, and never worked on PS4.

XoHAYDNoX
09-08-2014, 10:56 AM
Hello :)

Its been a while since I last checked, but do we have any new information on a upcoming update? Im eager to see what is implemented now that the two obvious options , Custom Supercross and Tournaments, have been added. Teams sound like a good start and a possible MP hint couldn't go a miss either ;)

attila-999
09-08-2014, 11:36 AM
Hello :)

Its been a while since I last checked, but do we have any new information on a upcoming update? Im eager to see what is implemented now that the two obvious options , Custom Supercross and Tournaments, have been added. Teams sound like a good start and a possible MP hint couldn't go a miss either ;)

in any case there are more people on this game, ...
strategy and his priority developers for this game are stupid .....
look at this forum ... empty anyway ... for me it will be my last message before long .. sell as much, for so many losses, this is heartbreaking