PDA

View Full Version : Major Graphic Improvements of AC Unity?

dandins
07-20-2014, 09:17 PM
Compared to AC Black Flag (PS4) - what are the major graphic improvements? maybe finally a better water deformation simulation? Or better light effects?

Would be nice to get some informations about that.

JustPlainQuirky
07-20-2014, 09:18 PM
....Did you not watch gameplay videos...?

dandins
07-20-2014, 09:23 PM
ubisoft released some tech video for black flag where they explained the new tech specs - was hoping for sth. similiar

JustPlainQuirky
07-20-2014, 09:25 PM
IGN released a 'making of' video for Unity. The lighting and general specs are discussed there.

dandins
07-20-2014, 09:27 PM
<.< nice thanks. have a link?

JustPlainQuirky
07-20-2014, 09:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OjVQBpQSEU

prince162010
07-20-2014, 09:29 PM
The major graphic Improvements can be seen clearly from gameplay videos & screenshots :)

m4r-k7
07-20-2014, 09:31 PM
Heres a comparison thing I made a while back

http://i.imgur.com/f7Kxdu5.jpg

SHADOWGARVIN
07-20-2014, 09:58 PM
IGN released a 'making of' video for Unity. The lighting and general specs are discussed there.

I wonder when IGN will post the second "making off". They released the first one a while ago.

JustPlainQuirky
07-20-2014, 09:58 PM
Maybe during Comic-Con :p

SHADOWGARVIN
07-20-2014, 10:03 PM
Maybe during Comic-Con :p

I hope so!

Locopells
07-21-2014, 12:14 AM
It would figure, seeing as the first was during E3.

king-hailz
07-21-2014, 11:11 AM
Overall ACU looks better... The character models and the lighting... BUT I prefer the colours in AC4. .

LoyalACFan
07-21-2014, 11:26 AM
Overall ACU looks better... The character models and the lighting... BUT I prefer the colours in AC4. .

I think that's just a product of AC4's setting more so than the graphics. A jungle is always going to be more colorful than a city ;)

Although I must say, I'm actually quite impressed with Unity's color scheme. Mostly washed-out blues and whites, with an occasional tasteful splash of red.

It's suspiciously French, actually :p http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/54/Civil_and_Naval_Ensign_of_France.svg/1280px-Civil_and_Naval_Ensign_of_France.svg.png

Fatal-Feit
07-21-2014, 11:39 AM
AC:U will look a bit washed out. That's usually how these games work when they revamp things every new generation.

m4r-k7
07-21-2014, 12:07 PM
Whilst the graphics do look incredible. I will say that when Arno was standing on the building using the highground feature, the buildings did not look as next gen as they did when he was on the ground

http://theinsightfulpanda.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/highground1.png

Might just be me though

Ureh
07-21-2014, 06:59 PM
Yeah, a lot of the textures weren't as detailed as I hoped and there were even a few objects close to Arno that would "pop in" at the last moment (gargoyle on the left). But hopefully that has to do with an early build of the game.

Sushiglutton
07-21-2014, 07:05 PM
AC:U looks clearly better imo, but the focus has mostly been on scale. That is large buildings (with full interiors) and lot's of NPCs. Now if you compare to games similar in style to TLOU on new gen, AC:U will not look as good in close shots. But you have to consider scale when doing graphical comparison. AC:U looks like a great tech achievement to me.

GreySkellig
07-21-2014, 08:44 PM
I wonder when IGN will post the second "making off". They released the first one a while ago.

Nearly six weeks ago, in fact. Which is pretty strange, given the spacing between entries for previous AC titles was generally 1 or 2 weeks. I'm dying here.

SHADOWGARVIN
07-21-2014, 09:19 PM
Nearly six weeks ago, in fact. Which is pretty strange, given the spacing between entries for previous AC titles was generally 1 or 2 weeks. I'm dying here.

Yes, it's really weird that they haven't released the second video yet. I hope they release it soon.

pacmanate
07-21-2014, 09:38 PM
Yes, it's really weird that they haven't released the second video yet. I hope they release it soon.

http://i.minus.com/iAg1rbRtwmyJp.gif

dandins
07-21-2014, 10:13 PM
in the first making off they actually only spoke about a better occlusion and sky effects. Another important point was the huge effort for the demo with the detailed palace interieur.. i really hope that the whole world has that detail level but i will not expect too much.. even if they say 3 years development time - it doesnt mean that the whole team worked on it. I guess before the release of the top secret ps4 only a couple of trustworthy people worked on it. when ac4 released the pushed the capacity to acu. so all in all i would guess 2 good years work in it with a good basement trough older ac games.

When you take a closer look to the characters you still notice that typical bad contrast problem which gives you the feeling that the characters doesnt fit into the world. A typical ac problem and hard to improve. I also noticed very edgy objects.. was hoping for more detail and "roundness" xD. hopefully we get some video or interview about the technical improvements..