PDA

View Full Version : More modern Assassin's Creed settings.

EmbodyingSeven5
07-20-2014, 04:34 AM
hey guys. I've been thinking about an assassins creed game set in the old west or around the time of world war two. but im expecting to get back fire for even suggesting this. many assassins creed fans dislike the idea of an assassins creed game being so close to our own time because of a few things. one of them being GUNS. I myself wouldn't mind some shooting aspects added to AC. I think it would be cool. but they would need to make the stealth mechanics much better to stop the game from becoming a straight up shooter. also does anyone know how common guns were in the old west. by this I mean could they still make certain enemies use melee attacks without making it seem too strange for that time. I know movies and games display the old west ample in bullets and guns, but is this accurate?(# lazy to do own research) any settings u would like. or how do you feel about this?

I-Like-Pie45
07-20-2014, 04:46 AM
please use the official thread for this
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/758424-Future-AC-Titles

LoyalACFan
07-20-2014, 06:15 AM
also does anyone know how common guns were in the old west. by this I mean could they still make certain enemies use melee attacks without making it seem too strange for that time. I know movies and games display the old west ample in bullets and guns, but is this accurate?(# lazy to do own research)

Extremely common. Most people didn't walk around with revolvers on their belts like in the movies, but yeah, by this time guns had pretty much permeated society and most people (well, I should say most men) at least owned one if they were making their living on the frontier.

Anyway, guns are only one concern. The biggest problem IMO would be the setting itself. No major cities. I mean, there WERE big cities (e.g. San Francisco), but if you go there then it's not strictly a "wild west" game, is it? The whole western cowboy fantasy plays off of the ideas of lawlessness, freedom from civilization, and the open frontier... none of which really mesh with the AC fantasy of stalking prey from the rooftops and unraveling shadowy conspiracies. Basically, if they stray too far into the cowboy fantasy it doesn't feel like AC, but if they stray too far into civilization and AC-style gameplay it doesn't feel like a Western. As such it's one of the few potential AC locations I'd be utterly turned off by (besides anything 20th century or later). Now, Industrial London at the same time period, well, then I'd be on board. But Assassin cowboys just don't appeal to me at all.