PDA

View Full Version : Petitioning Ubisoft to get "Osiris project" made!

DonatoAndrea99
07-18-2014, 03:35 PM
Sign the petition here: https://www.change.org/petitions/ubisoft-release-osiris-project-and-exceed-the-god-of-war-series

Aphex_Tim
07-18-2014, 03:37 PM
Petitioning ain't gonna do jack ****.
I don't even think it's allowed on these forums.

Jexx21
07-18-2014, 03:40 PM
no, I don't want Osiris

DonatoAndrea99
07-18-2014, 03:40 PM
Petitioning ain't gonna do jack ****.
I don't even think it's allowed on these forums. Yep, it's allowed :cool:

no, I don't want Osiris You clearly haven't saw the work-in progress trailer then...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWhJOpHJwtk

roostersrule2
07-18-2014, 03:47 PM
Osiris is probably going to be a future AC game or a POP reboot anyway.

DonatoAndrea99
07-18-2014, 03:49 PM
Osiris is probably going to be a future AC game or a POP reboot anyway. Whatever you think, just sign the petition :o

roostersrule2
07-18-2014, 03:50 PM
Do wot i want m8

Jexx21
07-18-2014, 03:59 PM
No, I've seen that trailer. It was going to be a Prince of Persia game if I remember correctly, but it was canned and they used some of it's initial promo content as easter eggs in AC4's modern day.

Shahkulu101
07-18-2014, 04:04 PM
Wonder why they cancelled it.

Looked cool. I hate when news about cancelled games is leaked - I'd rather not know about this awesome thing that could have happened but won't. It's even worse when a game is shown off or talked about by a publisher and then disappears entirely. Here's looking at you, The Last Guardian and Agent.

Mr_Shade
07-18-2014, 04:09 PM
Unannounced titles - which might not have even passed the initial brain storming phase, are not normally something that will suddenly appear due to petitions.

'Canceled' means there was a game to cancel normally ;)

I would refrain from spamming the petition on the forums though - since you already have a thread on the PoP forums - which according to some rumours , is where the game should belong..

I honestly don't think your petition will force anyone into creating a game, but good luck with it - but please follow the forum rules and don't spam or bump it..

roostersrule2
07-18-2014, 04:11 PM
Wonder why they cancelled it.

Looked cool. I hate when news about cancelled games is leaked - I'd rather not know about this awesome thing that could have happened but won't. It's even worse when a game is shown off or talked about by a publisher and then disappears entirely. Here's looking at you, The Last Guardian and Agent.It's probably being developed into another series.

R* are easily the worst for this, their marketing team is ****ing annoying but it does work.

Shahkulu101
07-18-2014, 04:16 PM
Rockstar's marketing team are the clueless publications that lament it's violence, thereby stirring the controversy that helps sell the games. ;)

The official marketing team, if there even is one, is oh so quiet.

roostersrule2
07-18-2014, 04:19 PM
Rockstar's marketing team are the clueless publications that lament it's violence, thereby stirring the controversy that helps sell the games. ;)

The official marketing team, if there even is one, is oh so quiet.Indeed.

It's brilliant though, that like whole year when GTA V got pretty much no info is easily the most hyped I've ever been for a game.

Kakuzu745
07-18-2014, 05:03 PM
An AC game in Ancient Egypt is something I have always craved for hehe.

Won´t sign the petition though.

dxsxhxcx
07-18-2014, 05:27 PM
Osiris is probably going to be a future AC game.

this.

marvelfannumber
07-18-2014, 06:28 PM
I guess it could have been a cool IP, considering I heard it was described as a mix between Prince of Persia and Shadow of the Colossus (also we need more games set in ancient Egypt or antiquity in general. But the petition won't bring it back, and I suspect Ubi are using it's assets for.....something else.....

m4r-k7
07-18-2014, 06:33 PM
They probably started created Osiris which was meant to be the next PoP but then the things they wanted to do with the game would draw too much resemblence with the AC series and have thus perhaps made it into a future AC. That or they have just cancelled it completely as the next PoP is going to be created using the UbiArt engine that made Rayman and Child of Light.

marvelfannumber
07-18-2014, 06:39 PM
They probably started created Osiris which was meant to be the next PoP but then the things they wanted to do with the game would draw too much resemblence with the AC series and have thus perhaps made it into a future AC. That or they have just cancelled it completely as the next PoP is going to be created using the UbiArt engine that made Rayman and Child of Light.

I doubt it, since the game was apparently really fictionalized with God of War style mythology and stuff, they could do plenty to differentiate it from AC. Also I can't seem to find any confirmation about it being a PoP game, it seemed like it was going to be a new IP to me.

m4r-k7
07-18-2014, 07:10 PM
I doubt it, since the game was apparently really fictionalized with God of War style mythology and stuff, they could do plenty to differentiate it from AC. Also I can't seem to find any confirmation about it being a PoP game, it seemed like it was going to be a new IP to me.

Well this was the original leak. http://www.computerandvideogames.com/361617/image-is-this-ubisofts-latest-prince-of-persia-reboot/

Then the trailer for Osiris depicts the same character from that leak.

marvelfannumber
07-18-2014, 07:12 PM
Well this was the original leak. http://www.computerandvideogames.com/361617/image-is-this-ubisofts-latest-prince-of-persia-reboot/

Then the trailer for Osiris depicts the same character from that leak.

Hmmm maybe, we'll probably never know for sure though. Unless you work at Ubisoft with their (probably) massive vault of cancelled beta stuff and such.

Xstantin
07-18-2014, 09:21 PM
Too many petitions these days... Do they ever work when it comes to games?

LoyalACFan
07-19-2014, 01:11 AM
Too many petitions these days... Do they ever work when it comes to games?

Only for small stuff. Certainly not "make this game for me!"

Though the idea for this game has almost certainly been added to the AC location queue.

guardian_titan
07-19-2014, 04:41 AM
General distaste for something is more likely to cause a change than a petition it seems. Bioware tweaked the ending for Mass Effect 3 after fan outcry, but even then, they didn't really change the ending. Just added to it. It still ultimately boiled down to pick a color. :rolleyes: Bioware later did the Citadel DLC as a fan service apparently although it was likely because people complained about lack of time with ME2 companions and love interests. Wasn't that terrible Aliens game (Colonial Marines, I think) also tweaked after release due to fan outcry?

Only other change I know related to fan outcry that related to published stuff was when Sir Arthur Conan Doyle killed off Sherlock Holmes. Fan outcry forced his publisher to tell Doyle to bring him back. And that was before the internet. Poor Doyle would have gotten death threats and probably bombs in his mail if he lived today. Can't think of any other instance where fan displeasure amounted to anything. I certainly can't think of any case where a petition actually did anything beyond someone saying they'll take a look or think about it.

In all honestly, we know nothing of Osiris. Maybe it was ditched. Maybe it's really a Prince of Persia reboot. Maybe it's really an up and coming AC game going by the codename Osiris. Maybe it's some new IP set in Egypt. Maybe it was sent back to the drawing board and is being reworked from the top down (or bottom up). Maybe it was ditched because someone leaked it and Ubisoft got pissed and ditched it instead. Maybe it was ditched because it was turning out to not be unique enough. Perhaps it was too much a retread of Prince of Persia and Assassin's Creed.

Demanding Ubisoft make a game that probably never got beyond early planning and proof of concept demos is silly. The game could end up released, yeah, but what if it ends up a load of crap? What is the story line was so terrible you never even get beyond the first act? What if it was riddled with bugs that made it unplayable? What if it was virtually identical story-wise to another game with the only difference being setting and characters? What if the game was incredibly repetitive with the same tasks over and over again, just with different dialogue? Maybe Egypt took offense to the game. Maybe Ubisoft felt they couldn't pull the game off accurately enough at the moment. If Ubisoft felt the need to cancel it, perhaps it's for the best. They can put the effort toward something else and make that project that much better. The project may not be entirely off the table. Only time will tell.

Never assume. We don't have the full picture so no point jumping to conclusions when we don't have all the facts.

Locopells
07-19-2014, 11:38 AM
Such a weak attempt to kill of Holmes, SACD's heart can't have really been in it...