PDA

View Full Version : Moving savedata/file from tablet to smartphone?!

A.Donkey.Rider
07-16-2014, 08:53 PM
Hey fellas!

i started playing Frontier on my tablet (some cheap noname "captiva") but it lags like hell and i def. want to continue the game on my smartphone (S3). is there a way to get my savegame on the phone or do i have to start from new?? i'm at lvl 34 already and really don't want to start a new game :D

A.Donkey.Rider
07-16-2014, 09:57 PM
giggity

JoeRegular
07-16-2014, 11:34 PM
Can you not just dl Frontier on the S3 then login to Uplay and dl your game save from there?

Not tried using any other devices myself ( tried Bluestacks on the pc but it crashes after a few seconds playing )so I really have no idea if it works mate.

xitooner
07-17-2014, 12:02 AM
I use multiple IOS devices myself (iphone+ipad); Uplay keeps them in sync with each other game-progress-wise. As long as both devices are Android (or both IOS) things shouldnt be an issue.

You dont have to do anything on your original device right away; just dont touch it. Worst-case, its your current state so there is no chance of loss of data.

Load Trials on your new device, and use the same Uplay ID. You might have to play 2-3 tracks before you get the uplay option, but once you do you can choose to download your data from the Uplay server. At that point, both devices are in sync.

A.Donkey.Rider
07-17-2014, 09:17 AM
Can you not just dl Frontier on the S3 then login to Uplay and dl your game save from there?

Not tried using any other devices myself ( tried Bluestacks on the pc but it crashes after a few seconds playing )so I really have no idea if it works mate.
tbh i haven't tried anything, haven't even started Frontier yet because of the possible "dataloss-shock" :D

I use multiple IOS devices myself (iphone+ipad); Uplay keeps them in sync with each other game-progress-wise. As long as both devices are Android (or both IOS) things shouldnt be an issue.

You dont have to do anything on your original device right away; just dont touch it. Worst-case, its your current state so there is no chance of loss of data.

Load Trials on your new device, and use the same Uplay ID. You might have to play 2-3 tracks before you get the uplay option, but once you do you can choose to download your data from the Uplay server. At that point, both devices are in sync.

sounds good pal, i'll try if that works, both devices use android so i think it might work : )

thx for the reply guys, I'll leave feedback how it turned out^^

EDIT: It worked :cool: signed in to Up(l)ay and had to do the "tutorial", then the game asked me if i want to keep the new file with lvl 1 or continue my current lvl 34 game ;)

awesome, now i just need to defeat dat guy on dis annoying "cake"-track XD