PDA

View Full Version : Finally figured out how to fly multi engine!

silentshadow62
03-15-2004, 11:06 AM
Man for the life of me I could not get the p38 off the ground. Everytime it would veer to the left, no matter how hard I applied right rudder. Then looking through another post, saw something to the effect of "assigning control key to both engines". And voila, perfect take offs! What I had done, started eng#1, then started eng#2, then applied throttle to take off, never knowing the throttle was reving up engine 2 only. What a NOOB! It pays to wander through the forum, you never know what useful tidbit you might find.

silentshadow62
03-15-2004, 11:06 AM
Man for the life of me I could not get the p38 off the ground. Everytime it would veer to the left, no matter how hard I applied right rudder. Then looking through another post, saw something to the effect of "assigning control key to both engines". And voila, perfect take offs! What I had done, started eng#1, then started eng#2, then applied throttle to take off, never knowing the throttle was reving up engine 2 only. What a NOOB! It pays to wander through the forum, you never know what useful tidbit you might find.

Taylortony
03-15-2004, 11:42 AM
cool and dont foget a dab of the b key will help it turn with the aid of rudder an a sixpence when taxying

Mitlov47
03-15-2004, 01:37 PM
Yeah, I've done that once or twice. You have to re-select both engines after they all start. Same thing if you've got one engine that you've had to feather because of damage. Remember to de-select that engine and select the other in order to control its throttle.

---------------------------

(aka Mitlov on HyperLobby and Ubi)

P-38J -- "A Sorta Fairytale"
P-63C -- "Jackie's Strength"

CRSutton
03-15-2004, 03:27 PM
Yes, and if you want to restart an the engine on a twin (38 or 110) engine while in the air. Make sure you select the engine and then throttle the dead engine all the way down before attempting to start. Otherwise is will start up and run for about 5 seconds then stall out. Select engine, throttle down to zero, hit start, wait for throaty roar, throttle up, then select both engines again fop dual control

weeman83
03-15-2004, 09:31 PM
so thats why the damn plane was always veering off course when trying to take off. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/35.gif

Zeus-cat
03-15-2004, 10:17 PM
I started getting into the habit of looking down inside the cockpit just as I advance the throttles to 10%. If only one moves I quickly pull it back to 0%. No more ugly takeoffs!

Zeus-cat

skabbe
03-18-2004, 01:49 PM
hmmm!!!