PDA

View Full Version : Force feedback?

johnjr73
05-19-2004, 06:05 AM
Do IL2 and forgotten battles give the effects for elevator control in force feedback. In other words, if one where trying to pull out of a dive would you feel it in the joystick?

johnjr73
05-19-2004, 06:05 AM
Do IL2 and forgotten battles give the effects for elevator control in force feedback. In other words, if one where trying to pull out of a dive would you feel it in the joystick?

lindyman
05-19-2004, 06:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by johnjr73:
Do IL2 and forgotten battles give the effects for elevator control in force feedback. In other words, if one where trying to pull out of a dive would you feel it in the joystick?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, although you have much more use for this to feel that you're near a stall, or get a rough estimate of your airspeed by feeling how rigid the ailerons are.
_
/Bjorn.

Heavy_Weather
05-19-2004, 06:12 AM
well it would prolly depend on what kinda stick you have. i have a Saitek FFB and you can feel the stick get a little "thick" at times when pulling heavy G's. wind and turbulence also effect the stick, plus you can turn sensitivity up or down and in stick profile setup. pretty neat

"To fly a combat mission is not a trip under the moon. Every attack, every bombing is a dance with death."
- Serafima Amsova-Taranenko: Noggle, Ann (1994): A Dance with Death.

McTriggerhappy
05-19-2004, 06:49 AM
i would say it depends on the joystick and the driver

if you dont like force feedback, you can unplug the external power supply for it

EmbarkChief
05-19-2004, 07:01 AM
They are pretty good in this game but I must say (don't hate me!) that the FFB in CFS2 were the best I've ever experienced.