PDA

View Full Version : AC4 Save Help

Schnuggs
07-11-2014, 07:02 PM
My computer just came back from the shop with its entire hard-drive wiped. I wasn't too worried because I assumed that Steam and Uplay would have synced my savedata with some cloud. Unfortunately, I have been unable to recover the save that I had put 29 hours into. Is there any way I can get it back, or is it gone forever? I thought that steam and Uplay synched the data, so there must be some way, right?!

Thanks,
Aidan

YazX_
07-13-2014, 11:33 PM
Well, There are no Steam Services integration with Ubisoft games, its just a seller for Ubisoft games, so no saves cloud support from steam. for UPlay itself, the Cloud Saves support for AC4 has been taken down long time ago due to several problems until further notice.

so i'm sorry to say it, they are gone. always take manual backups no matter what, you will never know what happens.

KmarkoPL
07-15-2014, 08:16 PM
Well that odd, cos for me Cloud syncing is working, I never had any problem with it, even when it started after release of ACBF, It was still working
Recently I have build new Desktop PC, and after I have moved game backups to Uplay .
My saves been transferred from Cloud, and that also worked for other games like Far Cry 3 or Watch Dogs .

YazX_
07-15-2014, 10:41 PM
Well that odd, cos for me Cloud syncing is working, I never had any problem with it, even when it started after release of ACBF, It was still working
Recently I have build new Desktop PC, and after I have moved game backups to Uplay .
My saves been transferred from Cloud, and that also worked for other games like Far Cry 3 or Watch Dogs .

for other games its working, i'm only talking about AC4, about 2 months after release, it has been taken down for AC4 only and since that date it has not been up again, only saves support, other stuff like achievements and actions still have cloud support.