PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed: Unity Pre Order Code

alnic123
07-11-2014, 12:16 PM
Do you only get a pre order code to redeem on the site if you order from uplay?? I just ordered from Amazon and don't seem to have a code :/

SHADOWGARVIN
07-11-2014, 12:59 PM
Which amazon? US? European? There are a lot of retailers besides the uplaystore who offer pre-order codes with a pre-order.

alnic123
07-11-2014, 01:17 PM
Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

I only chose them because i wanted the pocket watch, but im also in a unite group so i want a code :/

SHADOWGARVIN
07-11-2014, 01:39 PM
Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

I only chose them because i wanted the pocket watch, but im also in a unite group so i want a code :/

If i'm not mistaken the pocket watch edition is a amazon exclusive. You should contact them about a pre-order code. If you want a pre-order code, it might be best to buy the game somewhere else. Maybe a local retailer? Or the uplay shop?

D.I.D.
07-11-2014, 07:15 PM
They might not have a code to give you yet. Also, even if you had one, it might not be accepted by Uplay until later. Don't cancel the order, just contact their customer support and ask.

Last year, my code was given to me a couple of days before the official release, exactly when the Uplay customers started getting theirs.

alnic123
07-11-2014, 10:44 PM
They might not have a code to give you yet. Also, even if you had one, it might not be accepted by Uplay until later. Don't cancel the order, just contact their customer support and ask.

Last year, my code was given to me a couple of days before the official release, exactly when the Uplay customers started getting theirs.

I contacted Amazon customer support and they said that edition doesn't have a code :/

Also i assumed other people who had pre ordered already had codes? Thats what people seem to be saying

SHADOWGARVIN
07-11-2014, 10:46 PM
I contacted Amazon customer support and they said that edition doesn't have a code :/

Also i assumed other people who had pre ordered already had codes? Thats what people seem to be saying

I think he misunderstood you. You should have received the pre-order for the unite program right after you placed the order.

If you want the pre-order code it appears that you have to order a different edition. If you want this edition, i guess you unfortunately won't get a pre-order code.

pacmanate
07-11-2014, 11:01 PM
You only get a code if you pre order from Uplay or GAME in the UK

alnic123
07-13-2014, 02:30 AM
You only get a code if you pre order from Uplay or GAME in the UK

That sucks, this pocket watch better be worth it...

pacmanate
07-13-2014, 04:19 PM
That sucks, this pocket watch better be worth it...

Has it even be said what its made out of? Does it work? Is it plastic?

Dag_B
07-14-2014, 01:13 PM
It works, that's all we know. Info from german support. No info about the material and they also have no additional pictures (so no idea how the watch looks outside).

Mr_Shade
07-14-2014, 01:38 PM
As already posted - The codes are only available from certain retailers - who all should be advertising the offer.

Any questions about the availability - should be directed to relaters :)

Since the Amazon bundle is an Amazon deal, you will have to talk to them - since Ubisoft is not the one doing the bundle ;)

Sekuiya.
07-14-2014, 02:11 PM
Well, I pre-ordered the standard edition from Amazon.co.uk and also didn't get a code. And I'm pretty sure this "bundle" was made by Ubisoft.
It's a real shame if Ubi tries to monopolize the market with Game if they only offer the Unite code in their shop and Game's one. Especially when you can get the pre-order code for Spin to Win from a lot of different retailers in the US.

Mr_Shade
07-14-2014, 02:14 PM
Well, I pre-ordered the standard edition from Amazon.co.uk and also didn't get a code. And I'm pretty sure this "bundle" was made by Ubisoft.
It's a real shame if Ubi tries to monopolize the market with Game if they only offer the Unite code in their shop and Game's one. Especially when you can get the pre-order code for Spin to Win from a lot of different retailers in the US.
Hi,

No, Amazon are in charge of that bundle - it's not an Ubisoft built one, so any questions about it - need to be sent to the retailer ;)

Different regions may have different partners, due to the way marketing works.

Ubishop - will also have the offer of pre-order codes, as always.

Sekuiya.
07-14-2014, 02:20 PM
No, Amazon are in charge of that bundle - it's not an Ubisoft built one, so any questions about it - need to be sent to the retailer ;)

Just to be clear, I was ironically calling my edition, which is the standard one, a "bundle", was not talking about the pocket watch one.

Different regions may have different partners, due to the way marketing works.

Sure, sure, I get that, but did things change that much since last year? Because last year, when I pre-ordered ACIV from Amazon.co.uk I got a pre-order code for The Watch.
I don't know how the inner works work, I just find it odd that partners that once gave pre-order codes no longer give them.

Mr_Shade
07-14-2014, 02:45 PM
Just to be clear, I was ironically calling my edition, which is the standard one, a "bundle", was not talking about the pocket watch one.

Sure, sure, I get that, but did things change that much since last year? Because last year, when I pre-ordered ACIV from Amazon.co.uk I got a pre-order code for The Watch.
I don't know how the inner works work, I just find it odd that partners that once gave pre-order codes no longer give them.

Agreements always change - so it's best to check before you buy rather than assuming things 'must' be the same.

This is why we aways ask people to check with retailers about specific offers - since they can change with each release.

Any offers, would be clearly listed on the retailers site though - so you shouldn't have problems finding infomation.

Sekuiya.
07-14-2014, 05:32 PM
I know, I know, my bad for being naive and believing that all retailers should have the same chances. It's ironic, you know, how the point of view of the Assassins in Assassin's Creed is all about liberty and freedom, but then, we have this... "control" over the market. I know that Ubisoft "jokingly" plays itself as the Templars, but I never truly saw them as following the part so closely.

Heh, who am I kidding, life is not a videogame, right?

Oh well, the latest trailer confirms it though: "Exclusively at GAME". Guess there goes any hope of the Unite Pre-Order Program being available anywhere else.

GazVickers
11-14-2014, 11:03 PM
OK this is a quick one, I got a preorder code from game uk, they said I had to use it on a website but where pretty vague about it all, does anyone know where I got to use it.

thanks in advance