PDA

View Full Version : Do you think that Watch_Dogs will ever be more then just easter eggs between the two?

eaglefan129
07-11-2014, 04:36 AM
minir spoilers for watch dogs to follow.

so in watch dogs theres a criminal convoy mission to take out oliver garneau (i probably butchered the spelling) its an easter egg an interesting tidbid to where two franchises may be headed and other minor easter eggs. the fact that it feels like there slowly lilling off the present day (unless the rumored comet has present day missions) with essentially no present day setting in untiy. Would you ve interested in a crossover of sorts? id ve open to the idea do i think it will happen probably not vut its fun to speculate.

JustPlainQuirky
07-11-2014, 04:38 AM
I think the fact that you kill someone in W_D who has been missing in an AC game is more than just an easter egg...though I guess technically it still is...

I doubt it though

AT MOST there might be a DLC mission in modern day where you run into a member of Erudito who turns out to be Aiden and he helps you out or gives you a hacky phone or something, but that's it.\

And that's assuming we actually have a real modern day segment again...

GreySkellig
07-11-2014, 04:51 AM
I would really love to see them combine the franchise canons, but I doubt they will. W_D and AC have overlapping, but still distinct fanbases--I don't think Ubi would want to alienate one or the other by revealing it's part of a different story.

Jexx21
07-11-2014, 04:59 AM
In my eyes, AC, WD, and Far Cry all take place in the same universe but they're stories will never intersect past easter eggs.

Fatal-Feit
07-11-2014, 05:00 AM
In my eyes, AC, WD, and Far Cry all take place in the same universe but they're stories will never intersect past easter eggs.

That's how I view it as well.

Calvarok
07-11-2014, 05:04 AM
No. Darby said so. Thank god, because I don't really think the universe of Watch_Dogs is especially interesting or well-constructed. To say nothing of the awful writing...

Jexx21
07-11-2014, 05:06 AM
I think there's a lot of interesting things that could be done in Watch Dogs with Blume and ctOS

JustPlainQuirky
07-11-2014, 05:07 AM
No. Darby said so. Thank god, because I don't really think the universe of Watch_Dogs is especially interesting or well-constructed. To say nothing of the awful writing...

Darby really is the go-to guy for everything. Ubi should give him a boost in status. :rolleyes:

Hans684
07-11-2014, 10:19 AM
minir spoilers for watch dogs to follow.

so in watch dogs theres a criminal convoy mission to take out oliver garneau (i probably butchered the spelling) its an easter egg an interesting tidbid to where two franchises may be headed and other minor easter eggs. the fact that it feels like there slowly lilling off the present day (unless the rumored comet has present day missions) with essentially no present day setting in untiy. Would you ve interested in a crossover of sorts? id ve open to the idea do i think it will happen probably not vut its fun to speculate.

No they will never be in the same universe, you do know you can find Da Vinci in person in W_D. Da Vinci is dead, so that is an easer egg. *Olivier Garneau, you didn't butcher his name, just a little error. As for his appearance in W_D you can't kill him, the only way to eliminate him is the non-lethal takedown. So he is not dead, but since it's just an easer egg we will never know what happened to him since W_D is not in the same universe as AC. As for the "killing off" of MD, well views like this is not helping. Your just helping Ubisoft "killing off" MD by that. We can't say for cartain how the MD in Unity, at least not how "bad" or "good" it is. People don't trust developers much(get your tinfoil hats) but when there is disappointing new, they they trust them and gear up for war. No I'm not interested in a crossover, I was but that was before it released. It's better on it's own, not to mention how "milked" AC it it would be bad to suddenly say Far Cry, Watch_Dogs and Assassin's Creed is in the sane universe. As awesome it's sounds it would also overload and over complicate the stories in all the games(AC, FC & W_D). Having First Civ. and everything relegated to that would "kill off" W_D. W_D wouldn't be W_D anymore, just a MD AC with a different name. It's indeed fun to speculate if they are but it would do more harm than good if it was true. People are already saying the story of AC is a mess, adding W_D and FC would mess up their stories(and concepts) while trowing more fuel in the fire of AC's story.