PDA

View Full Version : Official UBIblog interview

SHADOWGARVIN
07-10-2014, 10:42 PM
This was just posted by ubisoft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etDl6MIdCSc

JustPlainQuirky
07-10-2014, 10:49 PM
And not a single piece of new information...

Unless that Rock Paper Scissors remark counts...

SHADOWGARVIN
07-10-2014, 11:20 PM
And not a single piece of new information...

Unless that Rock Paper Scissors remark counts...

Yes, it was very short. They waited very long to upload this.

Calvarok
07-10-2014, 11:30 PM
I find it amusing how Alex continues to exaggerate the scale thing. I also love how whenever he's asked a question, no matter how small, he has like 5 paragraphs of things to say. He always seemed so excited. He was like that for Revelations too.

Did anyone else get kinda shocked when he showed up on the E3 stage with his new hairstyle + no beard? If I didn't know better I'd imagine he was changing his appearance to look more like the main character of each game he worked on :P

EDIT: Oh, and they started calling it High Profile again!

SHADOWGARVIN
07-10-2014, 11:40 PM
I find it amusing how Alex continues to exaggerate the scale thing. I also love how whenever he's asked a question, no matter how small, he has like 5 paragraphs of things to say. He always seemed so excited. He was like that for Revelations too.

Did anyone else get kinda shocked when he showed up on the E3 stage with his new hairstyle + no beard? If I didn't know better I'd imagine he was changing his appearance to look more like the main character of each game he worked on :P

EDIT: Oh, and they started calling it High Profile again!

Yes, he's always very excited. He seems like a nice guy. I wish he would give some more information about the present day and about the skill tree.

Calvarok
07-10-2014, 11:48 PM
Yes, he's always very excited. He seems like a nice guy. I wish he would give some more information about the present day and about the skill tree.
I feel like they've given quite a bit of information. we know some of the unlocks on it, we know the three categories, we pretty much know that you can only choose one co-op skill. I'll expect them to go more in-depth about how it works later, but compared to the kind of info we usually get at E3 I feel they're being quite transparent.

SHADOWGARVIN
07-10-2014, 11:54 PM
I feel like they've given quite a bit of information. we know some of the unlocks on it, we know the three categories, we pretty much know that you can only choose one co-op skill. I'll expect them to go more in-depth about how it works later, but compared to the kind of info we usually get at E3 I feel they're being quite transparent.

I didn't know that about the skill tree. Can you elaborate?

Dome500
07-11-2014, 12:04 AM
Like always. No new info. Of course ;D

Calvarok
07-11-2014, 12:06 AM
I didn't know that about the skill tree. Can you elaborate?
Off the top of my head:

-Stealth, Combat, Parkour are the three main categories
- Eagle Vision ability progression is: Eagle Pulse (short duration + pulse distance, must stand still) Eagle Sense (longer duration + pulse distance, can move around a bit while using) Communal Sense (co-op only, things highlighted by your pulse show up to your teammates)
- only parkour unlock they've mentioned: Base Jump (the move Arno does in the single player demo, at the start of his controlled descent. basically a long jump to a handhold.)
- heavily upgrading the combat tree required to take on larger groups, though it will still be difficult and not allow you to take on infinite enemies (which I hope is true)

SHADOWGARVIN
07-11-2014, 01:10 PM
Off the top of my head:

-Stealth, Combat, Parkour are the three main categories
- Eagle Vision ability progression is: Eagle Pulse (short duration + pulse distance, must stand still) Eagle Sense (longer duration + pulse distance, can move around a bit while using) Communal Sense (co-op only, things highlighted by your pulse show up to your teammates)
- only parkour unlock they've mentioned: Base Jump (the move Arno does in the single player demo, at the start of his controlled descent. basically a long jump to a handhold.)
- heavily upgrading the combat tree required to take on larger groups, though it will still be difficult and not allow you to take on infinite enemies (which I hope is true)

Thanks for the info!!

Synchrossassin
07-14-2014, 07:53 AM
Ok so just really quick question here, I keep hearing about this 'Communal Sense' thing and it sounds right on with how i'd imagine the progression of the Eagle vision works but Where did people hear about it? I swear I've payed 254% attention to every AC Unity vid and I haven't heard that term/word anywhere lol please someone enlighten meee :D would be much appreciated :)Also great vid :))

JustPlainQuirky
07-14-2014, 07:57 AM
I never heard of communal sense.

Goes to show how much I've been paying attention.

Xstantin
07-14-2014, 08:25 AM
Eagle Vision you share with your teammates or something like that, works through upgrading the skill tree for Sense. I think that was in Polygon interview or on the official website.

Locopells
07-14-2014, 12:49 PM
New one on me...

Sekuiya.
07-14-2014, 02:01 PM
Communal Sense source (at least where I heard about it): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iPUNtnyjjw#t=371

Mr_Shade
07-14-2014, 02:18 PM
There's a few interesting pieces of info - if you take the time to notice ;)

JustPlainQuirky
07-14-2014, 02:53 PM
info that hasn't been pointed out already? :eek:

You mean what he says or something in the gameplay? :eek:

Mr_Shade
07-14-2014, 03:10 PM
That's for me to know.. ;)

SHADOWGARVIN
07-14-2014, 04:08 PM
That's for me to know.. ;)

Lol. Now i have to rewatch every interview!!

ACfan443
07-14-2014, 04:13 PM
Why on earth has that interview been flagged?

Synchrossassin
07-20-2014, 03:22 AM
Communal Sense source (at least where I heard about it): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iPUNtnyjjw#t=371

Omg thank you so much this is so awesome learning all this new stuff more in-depth, I haven't stumbled upon this video ANYWHERE so I'm super glad to have watched it everything makes more sense and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE how in-depth they are making Revolutionary Paris and how everybody just wandering the city can experience their own things and aagghhh I Just KNOW I'm gonna love the hell outta this game!! Thanks so much LuigiPT !!! You're Awesome :D

Sekuiya.
07-20-2014, 03:51 AM
Erm, you're welcome, I guess. ^^'