PDA

View Full Version : Yves uses that dirty word again

Sushiglutton
07-10-2014, 06:26 PM
LAST-GEN ASSASSIN'S CREED TO BE REVEALED 'SOON'

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/10/last-gen-assassins-creed-to-be-revealed-soon?abthid=53becb759468b4a928000017

roostersrule2
07-10-2014, 06:28 PM
Assassins Creed to be revealed later.

Happy?

JustPlainQuirky
IT'S HAPPENING

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/masonry/000/513/984/ba6.gif

http://i.imgur.com/EuJ9WYg.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/EuJ9WYg.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/EuJ9WYg.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/EuJ9WYg.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/EuJ9WYg.png

pacmanate
Gamescom in August confirmed

JustPlainQuirky
07-10-2014, 06:32 PM
http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/31500000/My-Body-is-Ready-random-31574387-320-319.png

So hyped right now

C'mon Templar game pls

Jexx21
07-10-2014, 06:35 PM
why would you want a templar game rather than a connor/aveline game?

roostersrule2
07-10-2014, 06:38 PM
Now that I think of it, it's more and more likely this is a Connor game.

I think it will have a short dev time, too short to spend a lot of time on a new character and drastic new settings.

I don't care what it is I'll play it, more AC is usually a plus for me.

Sushiglutton
Gamescom in August confirmed

That's a good guess, I'm gonna go with that.

JustPlainQuirky

Because I don't like Aveline that much and I'd fear there'd be forced romantic moments. :p

Not really.

I just want me some templar booty. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@rooster

the rumored shay game has recycled gameplay like ship sailing and locations like boston.

AND recycled characters like Adewale and Haytham.

I doubt it would be a lot of work to have that rumor come true :p

SixKeys
07-10-2014, 06:40 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/soon_15db89_2831712.jpg

Jexx21
07-10-2014, 06:40 PM
if it's a connor game I actually think it's been in development since late 2012/early 2013

JustPlainQuirky
07-10-2014, 06:42 PM
If it is a Connor game (which I doubt) I'm hoping for tragic death or templar conversion. Or both.

http://blog.zixcorp.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/10.-colbert-Success.gif

edit:

pretty sure one of the devs said they had no plans for Connor during that time. So Connor game wouldn't have been in development.

Jexx21
07-10-2014, 06:43 PM
i dont' think either will happen

roostersrule2
07-10-2014, 06:46 PM
Perhaps, I'm not expecting much from Comet.

I hope it's just a really polished, well rounded gameplay experience with a great story.

JustPlainQuirky
07-10-2014, 06:48 PM
I doubt either will happen too. But it's fun to imagine.

https://forums.oneplus.net/attachments/tumblr_mwp43fbvci1s0kbxto5_500-gif.4214/

I think Shay will die tragically if he is real tho. I mean what other explanation can there be for him not being in AC3? He went on a grand adventure somewhere else?

@rooster

good thing about this last gen game is less people will likely play it so they can focus more on stuff casual players might not care about like the modern day and deep narrative.

roostersrule2
07-10-2014, 06:53 PM
@rooster

good thing about this last gen game is less people will likely play it so they can focus more on stuff casual players might not care about like the modern day and deep narrative.Well maybe.

Last gen has like 10 times the amount of consoles current-gen has, so realistically it should sell more then Unity, it could be cross-gen too.

I feel as if it'll be either this Shay dude or Connor as the historical protag, with the AC4 MD guy as the MD protag.

Jexx21
07-10-2014, 06:56 PM
pretty sure one of the devs said they had no plans for Connor during that time. So Connor game wouldn't have been in development.

i actually don't believe most devs when they say things relating to the possibility of future games

JustPlainQuirky
07-10-2014, 06:57 PM
@rooster

I'm vouching on Shay. Mainly because it would allow devs to recycle a lot of assets, expand on the narrative, and provide massive fanservice.

Also Noah said not too long ago that he didn't know if a Connor game was in development. Ofc he could be lying but he's too innocent to lie. :rolleyes:

Also I think it was forshadowed in AC3:

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/577900900814579155/7C3698D3B14795EBAE1D37BA386D28268C387036/

@jexx

I tend to trust devs' words when they blantantly shut down ideas

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-10-2014, 06:58 PM
Damn it, Yves! Stop giving us brain freeze and give us the game already :p

... but yeah. I'm starting to think it's a Connor game too.. *maximum hustle*

And hopefully it's a good story line. I would think this game was in development around the same time as ACU so hopefully it'll make up for the mistakes in ACIII/ACIV and show itself throughout the game .. and it would be nice to see Haytham again :D

Victory dance:

But yet again, I refuse to trust articles unless they're from Ubi/AC's "mouths" themselves.

Jexx21
07-10-2014, 07:01 PM
I don't. Unless the game is already announced I don't trust anything devs say about future games because secrecy is a huge thing.

JustPlainQuirky
07-10-2014, 07:03 PM
Damn it, Yves! Stop giving us brain freeze and give us the game already :p

... but yeah. I'm starting to think it's a Connor game too.. *maximum hustle*

And hopefully it's a good story line. I would think this game was in development around the same time as ACU so hopefully it'll make up for the mistakes in ACIII/ACIV and show itself throughout the game .. and it would be nice to see Haytham again :D

Victory dance:

I'm pretty sure it's not going to be a Connor game.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/4901990/comfort-o.gif

I'm sorry

@jexx

Eh, well that's your choice then.

Jexx21
07-10-2014, 07:03 PM
I'm pretty sure that Comet isn't going to be a Templar Shay game either

roostersrule2
07-10-2014, 07:04 PM
@rooster

I'm vouching on Shay. Mainly because it would allow devs to recycle a lot of assets, expand on the narrative, and provide massive fanservice.

Also Noah said not too long ago that he didn't know if a Connor game was in development. Ofc he could be lying but he's too innocent to lie. :rolleyes:

Also I think it was forshadowed in AC3:Well so would the Connor game really, perhaps a Shay/Connor game?

He wouldn't be allowed to announce it even if he was working on it.

I think that may have been leaving things open rather then actual foreshadowing.

However there were the Shay rumors earlier on and when there's smoke there's fire.

The real question is though, why am I arguing for a Connor game?

marvelfannumber
07-10-2014, 07:04 PM
Oh man, here I was hoping for Comet to not be a thing, oh well can't win them all.....

roostersrule2
07-10-2014, 07:07 PM
Oh man, here I was hoping for Comet to not be a thing, oh well can't win them all.....Why not?

If Unity was looking like crap then I'd understand but the second AC game doesn't look to be hindering ACU at all.

JustPlainQuirky
07-10-2014, 07:08 PM
Well so would the Connor game really, perhaps a Shay/Connor game?

He wouldn't be allowed to announce it even if he was working on it.

I think that may have been leaving things open rather then actual foreshadowing.

However there were the Shay rumors earlier on and when there's smoke there's fire.

The real question is though, why am I arguing for a Connor game?

I do think a Connor game may in be the works, but I think Comet isn't a Connor game. Too little development time if the devs were honest when they said they had no plans for one in 2013.

But a Shay/Connor game would just be....

http://i.imgur.com/g2gn0.gif

@marvel

Dang it your avatar still makes me laugh

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-10-2014, 07:09 PM
I'm pretty sure it's going to be a Connor game.

Response 1: Fixed :p

Response 2: I'm pretty sure it's not a Shay/Templar game.

Response 3: Believe it is or I will not join you in reading TTW any further muahahaha

I do think a Connor game may in be the works, but I think Comet isn't a Connor game. Too little development time if the devs were honest when they said they had no plans for one in 2013.

Oh I see lol :p You are forgiven.

marvelfannumber
07-10-2014, 07:10 PM
Why not?

If Unity was looking like crap then I'd understand but the second AC game doesn't look to be hindering ACU at all.

It's not because of that, it's just that this game already screams quick cash in. You know with it apperantly coming out this year, yet not having been announced yet and it being only on last gen consoles which will probably result in a lower budget.

I have a feiling this will end up like Arkham Origins (please don't be that, please be good Comet, please).

JustPlainQuirky
07-10-2014, 07:12 PM
Response 1: Fixed :p

Response 2: I'm pretty sure it's not a Shay/Templar game.

Response 3: Believe it is or I will not join you in reading TTW any further muahahaha

http://lastangryfan.com/wp-content/uploads/shocked.gif

How dare you blackmail me!

FINE

http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxxtuoyEcN1r76lino1_500.gif

@marvel

low budget to Ubi is still a lot of money for videogame development I bet.

Jexx21
07-10-2014, 07:14 PM
It's not because of that, it's just that this game already screams quick cash in. You know with it apperantly coming out this year, yet not having been announced yet and it being only on last gen consoles which will probably result in a lower budget.

I have a feiling this will end up like Arkham Origins (please don't be that, please be good Comet, please).

But Arkham Origins was pretty good. Not as good as Asylum or City, but a definite 8 which is a good game.

marvelfannumber
07-10-2014, 07:17 PM
But Arkham Origins was pretty good. Not as good as Asylum or City, but a definite 8 which is a good game.

To each his own, but I personally found the game really unnecessary and boring, oh and don't get me started on the rampant glitches. But whatever if you liked it, I am glad you had more fun than me.

roostersrule2
07-10-2014, 07:18 PM

But a Shay/Connor game would just be....Nooooooo

No next-gen Connor, Comet is his last stand.

I have a feiling this will end up like Arkham Origins (please don't be that, please be good Comet, please).A lot of it will be reused assets, animations and whatnot so a lower budget wont be too much of a worry.

But Arkham Origins was pretty good. Not as good as Asylum or City, but a definite 8 which is a good game.Yea but most Ubi games are 8's anyway so Comet will be like a 6, if there was a decline in quality.

JustPlainQuirky
07-10-2014, 07:19 PM
Ubi said they plan on doing last gen games til like 2016 or something

Still 2 more chances for a last gen Connor game.

And there's still the last resort vita.

marvelfannumber
07-10-2014, 07:20 PM
A lot of it will be reused assets, animations and whatnot so a lower budget wont be too much of a worry.

If it will be like that I think I will do what I did with Revelations and just wait for a major price drop.

It's just I don't see the value in buying AC4 once again just with a different paint job.

Jexx21
07-10-2014, 07:22 PM
I actually think all AC games except AC1 are 8.5's or above so I disagree with that Rooster.

Most Ubi games are 8.5's or above actually, most that I've played anyway.

roostersrule2
07-10-2014, 07:23 PM
2015, and Comet could well be released early 2015.

That could mean that there's 3 AC's in 2015.

Well probably not, if Comet is released early 2015 then the next last gen AC will probably be released early 2016.

Jexx21
07-10-2014, 07:24 PM
I don't think there will be an AC game in 2015 actually...

JustPlainQuirky
07-10-2014, 07:24 PM
I do think most AC's are 8.5's ish. (except liberation hngnnh)

Except AC 2 I would argue is a 9

Despite it not being my fav

JustPlainQuirky
07-10-2014, 07:26 PM
#doublepostdaredevil

@jexx

AC is annual. Why would there NOT be one? Or are you referring to a last gen version?

@rooster

NOOOO I want Comet this year Q-Q

Jexx21
07-10-2014, 07:28 PM
No I mean at all.

For quite a few reasons.

roostersrule2
07-10-2014, 07:28 PM
If it will be like that I think I will do what I did with Revelations and just wait for a major price drop.

It's just I don't see the value in buying AC4 once again just with a different paint job.I can understand that, especially with Unity coming out to give you your fix.

I actually think all AC games except AC1 are 8.5's or above so I disagree with that Rooster.

Most Ubi games are 8.5's or above actually, most that I've played anyway.Well it's all opinions really.

Ubi are the king of good, only a handful of really great games can they be attributed to.

I rate the whole AC series a 9, but the games individually:

AC1: 7
AC2: 10
ACB: 8
ACR: 9
AC3: 7
AC4: 9

roostersrule2
07-10-2014, 07:31 PM
I don't think there will be an AC game in 2015 actually...You said that last year for this year and we have two games coming out.

Jexx21
07-10-2014, 07:33 PM
no I didn't, I said there would be a Connor game this year

roostersrule2
07-10-2014, 07:35 PM
no I didn't, I said there would be a Connor game this yearYes you did.

We had an argument about it, it was in the AC4 feedback discussion thread I think.

Jexx21
07-10-2014, 07:36 PM
but you're forgetting all the times I said that there would be a Connor game this year?

JustPlainQuirky
07-10-2014, 07:36 PM
Dang reading IGN comments of the article.

People really hate Connor there. :rolleyes:

All of them dudes I bet. :p

marvelfannumber
07-10-2014, 07:37 PM

That's sexist.

I know like........one guy who kinda likes Connor, and I am pretty sure he is straight.

JustPlainQuirky
07-10-2014, 07:37 PM
That's sexist.

Was hoping someone would catch that :rolleyes:

roostersrule2
07-10-2014, 07:39 PM
but you're forgetting all the times I said that there would be a Connor game this year?Well I didn't see them.

I distinctly remember you saying that we wouldn't get a game next year (meaning 2014) and now we have two.

Also I am CEO I choose when to release and I say 6 games for 2015.

marvelfannumber
07-10-2014, 07:39 PM
So anyways speaking of Comet, I surely hope that clearly fake rumor about it being set in Ancient Rome is fake, I would really, really hate it if Ubi wasted such an amazing setting on last gen.

I think the Shay rumor sounds more legit, but even then I am dissapointed. Because they are already reusing New York, and it's not even in a time period where NYC would be amazing for an AC game. *cough*1890-1940*cough*

JustPlainQuirky
07-10-2014, 07:41 PM
So anyways speaking of Comet, I surely hope that clearly fake rumor about it being set in Ancient Rome is fake, I would really, really hate it if Ubi wasted such an amazing setting on last gen.

Agreed. Somewhat.

I dont want an entirely new cast of characters for last gen.

Save it for expanding on already established settings or characters.

Jexx21
07-10-2014, 07:42 PM
Well I didn't see them.

I distinctly remember you saying that we wouldn't get a game next year (meaning 2014) and now we have two.

Also I am CEO I choose when to release and I say 6 games for 2015.

Before Black Flag released I thought we would be getting a connor sequel in 2014 and then there wouldn't be a game in 2015. The fact that we're getting 2 games this year kind of sells the idea to me.

roostersrule2
07-10-2014, 07:42 PM
So anyways speaking of Comet, I surely hope that clearly fake rumor about it being set in Ancient Rome is fake, I would really, really hate it if Ubi wasted such an amazing setting on last gen.Indeed.

Ancient Rome is apart of my mega game, and it's on next gen not plebeian last gen.

Before Black Flag released I thought we would be getting a connor sequel in 2014 and then there wouldn't be a game in 2015. The fact that we're getting 2 games this year kind of sells the idea to me.This was after Black Flag, hence the discussion being in the feedback thread for AC4.

No way Ubi would release two games this year to compensate for no games next year, actually because we're getting a second game this year it all but confirms the existence of a 2015 AC. The second game this year would just be a waste of resources then, they would make less money. If they wanted to release two games across two years they'd do it one in each year not two in one year, none in the other.

Assassin_M
07-10-2014, 07:43 PM
Assuming Comet is not starring Connor.

DLC in Delaware 1784, stars Aveline
Game in North america, stars Shay or whatever....I think I see a pattern here

ze_topazio
07-10-2014, 07:43 PM
That's sexist.

I know like........one guy who kinda likes Connor, and I am pretty sure he is straight.

I wouldn't be so sure if I were you.

A Connor sequel could maybe once and for all prove if Connor really is popular or not based on sales volume.

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-10-2014, 07:46 PM

To hell with them!

A Connor sequel could maybe once and for all prove if Connor really is popular or not based on sales volume.

This I agree with and look forward to..

JustPlainQuirky
07-10-2014, 07:48 PM
I wouldn't be so sure if I were you.

Doubt it.

You'd have to take into account that it would be last gen and a seemingly superior game would be released at the same time.

Jexx21
07-10-2014, 07:48 PM
I
This was after Black Flag, hence the discussion being in the feedback thread for AC4.

No way Ubi would release two games this year to compensate for no games next year, actually because we're getting a second game this year it all but confirms the existence of a 2015 AC. The second game this year would just be a waste of resources then, they would make less money. If they wanted to release two games across two years they'd do it one in each year not two in one year, none in the other.

You're thinking of someone who isn't me then, because I didn't frequent these forums after the release of Black Flag all that much. I tend to abandon the forums after the release of the new games until around February because by that point the people who aren't regulars go away.

Doubt it.

You'd have to take into account that it would be last gen and a seemingly superior game would be released at the same time.

there are more last gen units so tbh it might sell more than Unity

marvelfannumber
07-10-2014, 07:49 PM
Indeed.

Ancient Rome is apart of my mega game, and it's on next gen not plebeian last gen.

Indeed, and as said I just hope, really hope it's not in New York again, they could put it in Philadelphia or Brazil or somewhere else, but not there.

I'd rather have them save that setting for this:

http://i.imgur.com/96EIlJI.jpg

Rather than this again but with less ruins compared to AC3, ugh.

http://i.imgur.com/y9mflLM.jpg

roostersrule2
07-10-2014, 07:55 PM
You're thinking of someone who isn't me then, because I didn't frequent these forums after the release of Black Flag all that much. I tend to abandon the forums after the release of the new games until around February because by that point the people who aren't regulars go away.Found where it was, wasn't the feedback thread it was the AC4 DLC one.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/799719-Assassin%E2%80%99s-Creed%C2%AE-IV-Black-Flag%E2%84%A2-season-pass-and-Freedom-Cry-downloadable-content/page11

ze_topazio
07-10-2014, 07:57 PM

I just realized Tumblr fangirls would, Japanese otaku style, buy at least six copies each.

pacmanate
07-10-2014, 07:57 PM
Found where it was, wasn't the feedback thread it was the AC4 DLC one.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/799719-Assassin’s-Creed®-IV-Black-Flag™-season-pass-and-Freedom-Cry-downloadable-content/page11

http://i.imgur.com/MZYtMsK.png

Calvarok
07-10-2014, 08:00 PM
Huh. I wonder if it will even come out this year? and when they'll announce it...

roostersrule2
07-10-2014, 08:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/MZYtMsK.pngCheers my good man.

It didn't even take that long to find, was pure ***.

Jexx21
Found where it was, wasn't the feedback thread it was the AC4 DLC one.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/799719-Assassin’s-Creed®-IV-Black-Flag™-season-pass-and-Freedom-Cry-downloadable-content/page11

Hmm. Still, I don't think there'll be a game in 2015 unless it's Comet. I was thinking that they didn't have enough time to properly develop a next-gen Connor sequel for 2014, I wasn't really thinking that they would have been in the development of a non-Connor game since 2011.

You also said that Far Cry 4 wouldn't be releasing this year so we're not all perfect.

GreySkellig
If this thing does come around, I'm counting on a digital copy for new-gen systems. I'm making the generation jump soon, and I already sold my PS3 to a friend. I don't even need a graphical upgrade, just a straight port so I can play the darn thing.

Hans684
07-10-2014, 08:04 PM
It will be revealed soon, just look at the stars. Wait and see, we might see a Comet.

roostersrule2
07-10-2014, 08:07 PM
Hmm. Still, I don't think there'll be a game in 2015 unless it's Comet. I was thinking that they didn't have enough time to properly develop a next-gen Connor sequel for 2014, I wasn't really thinking that they would have been in the development of a non-Connor game since 2011.

You also said that Far Cry 4 wouldn't be releasing this year so we're not all perfect.Connor's only chance is on last gen.

2015 will have an AC game, probably two.

Yea well FC4 wasn't the topic of discussion and I never said that I didn't say that, so yea.

Jexx21
07-10-2014, 08:09 PM
I'm still doubting it. I'm not going to try to convince you like I did back then, I'm just saying what I think is possible.

Will_Lucky
07-10-2014, 08:14 PM
With 10 studios being thrown at the thing, I'd argue otherwise. Next Years title is already in production, they already have the engine in place for it they just need the assets, story ect which can be worked on at the same time and afterwards in a sense. IE the Artists who worked on Unity might have finished there job and moved on for example.

With 10 studios and the manpower it offers, I'd guess at least five games are currently in some stage of development.

JustPlainQuirky
07-10-2014, 08:16 PM
inb4 'comet was in development for 7 years'

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-10-2014, 08:17 PM
It will be revealed soon, just look at the stars. Wait and see, we might see a Comet.

Don't ever use those phrases in this forum again!!! O___O ..if looks could kill XD

GunnerGalactico
07-10-2014, 08:29 PM
Connor's only chance is on last gen.

2015 will have an AC game, probably two.

Can't believe I'm gonna say this, but I'm with Rooster on this note.

It's Connor's only chance. Let's be realistic here, if Connor had a game on next gen consoles... no one is going to be excited or keen on buying it. This is a perfect opportunity, last gen is the way to go. It might sound a bit corny, but if there is a character named Shay... we might see the game on his perspective and then Connor's, just like Altair in ACR and Haytham in AC3.

GreySkellig
07-10-2014, 08:57 PM
I am skeptical of the likelihood of another Connor game. And while I would be happy to be proven wrong, I like Ubi's new approach of introducing a new protagonist with each game

Tenvern
07-10-2014, 10:07 PM
I hope it'll be on both current gen and last gen.
I don't know why it wouldnt but, ya never know.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

Shahkulu101
07-10-2014, 10:10 PM
I tink dat if its nat available on curent gen i'll joost get it for me PC

JustPlainQuirky
07-10-2014, 10:11 PM
I say a Connor sequel will come in 2015 or at most 2016

either for last gen or vita (if vita, re-released later in HD like Liberation)

It really is the only opportunity.

Still want to see him in Unity tho for the glorious High Res.

Shahkulu101
07-10-2014, 10:14 PM
If it's on vita i will get the game and the vita

only to stamp violently on the two till they are nout but dust

JustPlainQuirky
07-10-2014, 10:17 PM
If it's on vita i will get the game and the vita

only to stamp violently on the two till they are nout but dust

This. Liberation on Vita only pissed me off so much.

So glad it was re-released in HD on steam.

harsab
07-10-2014, 10:24 PM
Am i the only one who doesn't want 2 different assassins creed games? it's sound amazing and all...(i will probably pre order both) but we will all be comparing both of them in the end. Worst case scenario would be if the last gen game is actually better then the next gen (i really doubt that) but it's a possibility...why can't we just concentrate on one assassins creed game? why do we need 2? i like just following one story each year....

JustPlainQuirky
07-10-2014, 10:26 PM
Me thinks the current gen AC games are made to cater to the mass market and the last gen ones that get less attention will be catering to more hardcore fans.

Sure, they'll be compared, but they're meant for two different audiences I think.

Ofc the hardcore fans will get both, but the last gen will probably have more plot progression in MD and deep connecting narrative.

That's my theory anyway.

Shahkulu101
07-10-2014, 10:30 PM
They have a bigger market to appeal to with last-gen

Why would they try to appeal to a minority?

JustPlainQuirky
07-10-2014, 10:31 PM
I believe other games including Unity's release will mark a true transition to current gen consoles from the mass market.

harsab
07-10-2014, 10:32 PM
Me thinks the current gen AC games are made to cater to the mass market and the last gen ones that get less attention will be catering to more hardcore fans.

Sure, they'll be compared, but they're meant for two different audiences I think.

Ofc the hardcore fans will get both, but the last gen will probably have more plot progression in MD and deep connecting narrative.

That's my theory anyway.

oh please don't say that...i hope it's the complete opposite lol...i want a DEEP connecting narrative on the next gen not last gen...i hope the last gen title just fills in a few gaps...i want Unity to be the real deal...i want it to feel like AC2 again where we get so many mind f**ks...and I HOPE....that Unity has a much bigger cliff hanger of an ending then AC4's. Not that i don't like AC4's ending...i just prefer the cliff hangers because then you really can't wait for the next game!

Also want to see some BLOODY Eve references in this game!!! for gods sake please Ubisoft!! since those glyphs in AC2 i need some more info!

Shahkulu101
07-10-2014, 10:34 PM
Like 80 million Xbox 360 were sold and similar numbers for PS3

Current-gen will get a boost this holiday but not that huge - that's probably why they'll stick with last-gen for a couple more years

JustPlainQuirky
07-10-2014, 10:34 PM
I feel Ubi doesn't want to alienate its casual market so it's being really ambiguous with its modern day plot.

Which sucks for many of us, but I see where they're coming from if that's the case.

hopefully the inevitable subtle hints of an evil threat in MD or something actually has some payoff a few games from now...

harsab
07-10-2014, 10:35 PM
They have a bigger market to appeal to with last-gen

Why would they try to appeal to a minority?

Good point...but the game shouldn't have a story line where we have to get it to understand what's going in the AC world...just like Liberation...i felt the story in that wasn't deep enough for AC fan's to purchase...just something to keep Vita players busy.

JustPlainQuirky
07-10-2014, 10:36 PM
lol Liberation basically had no modern day or plot progression. Just a subtle hint at Eve or something and that's it.

edit: 4,000th post!

Shahkulu101
07-10-2014, 10:39 PM
Christ you're creeping up behind me

And I though I posted a lot

JustPlainQuirky
07-10-2014, 10:42 PM
I know Darby hates when people say this but:

Nothing happened in ACIV. Trufax. There was a sage. The sage died. Juno still in purgatory.

And I fear it'll be worse in Unity but hopefully better in Comet

@shahk

the power of no life :rolleyes:

harsab
07-10-2014, 10:43 PM
Slightly off topic now but...where do you guys think the Next 2015 ac game will take place? still 18th century or much further back? curious to know where u guys think Ubisoft is headed...

JustPlainQuirky
07-10-2014, 10:44 PM
Slightly off topic now but...where do you guys think the Next 2015 ac game will take place? still 18th century or much further back? curious to know where u guys think Ubisoft is headed...

take that to this thread

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/898267-AC-discussion-thread-for-topics-that-don-t-warrent-their-own-threads

harsab
07-10-2014, 10:45 PM
I know Darby hates when people say this but:

Nothing happened in ACIV. Trufax. There was a sage. The sage died. Juno still in purgatory.

And I fear it'll be worse in Unity but hopefully better in Comet

@shahk

I think you're wrong as Alex as hinted the narrative in this game will be very deep and the french revolution isn't the main focus and is more of backdrop of what is actually going on between assassins and Templars.

JustPlainQuirky
07-10-2014, 10:50 PM
I think you're wrong as Alex as hinted the narrative in this game will be very deep and the french revolution isn't the main focus and is more of backdrop of what is actually going on between assassins and Templars.

I think he was referring to the Ancestor's narrative. Not the Modern day.

Dome500
07-10-2014, 11:45 PM

Because there was never a Templar game before and I liked the Haytham sequences :)

rebelguy007
07-11-2014, 09:27 AM

That and to a new Arkham player it'd probably be brilliant with no comparisons to Asylum and City. If the new last gen AC is the AC version of that it'd be exactly what lots want

rebelguy007
07-11-2014, 09:32 AM

It's just I don't see the value in buying AC4 once again just with a different paint job.

If it's fun eh why not? I'd judge it on how much fun it is, new additions, gameplay and story. If the story, location and settings and characters etc. are fun who cares if it's AC4 style?

Hans684
07-11-2014, 09:32 AM
Don't ever use those phrases in this forum again!!! O___O ..if looks could kill XD

http://artsonline.monash.edu.au/mojo/files/2014/06/danger.png

Wait and see while I look at the stars.

rebelguy007
07-11-2014, 09:59 AM
oh please don't say that...i hope it's the complete opposite lol...i want a DEEP connecting narrative on the next gen not last gen...i hope the last gen title just fills in a few gaps...i want Unity to be the real deal...i want it to feel like AC2 again where we get so many mind f**ks...and I HOPE....that Unity has a much bigger cliff hanger of an ending then AC4's. Not that i don't like AC4's ending...i just prefer the cliff hangers because then you really can't wait for the next game!

Also want to see some BLOODY Eve references in this game!!! for gods sake please Ubisoft!! since those glyphs in AC2 i need some more info!

It should be more than Liberation ancestorwise. Like enough to be considered a good story because last gen players want good quality also

Iskandar6681
07-11-2014, 10:47 AM
Hey all!
I read carefully the whole thread and you guys bring up good points on several things.
First of all, I also believe that the transition to the "next/current gen" hasn't been made yet by the bulk of the playerbase. That is the main reason AC Unity is coming.
Keep in mind that the PS3 to PS4 upgrade is not a cheap one and it's definitely not as big as it was back then when we went from PS2 to PS3. Sure Unity looks amazing with it's graphics, the new parkour mechanisms and the big crowds on the Parisian streets but you can't sell a next gen console to the bulk of the players just because you put a crouch button or because the npc's are acting more natural.

On the post American Revolution rumor: I don't believe a Shay or Connor or even Aveline will be the protagonists of Comet simply because thy had their time to shine and frankly, the bulk of the fanbase did not receive them wholeheartedly as they did with Altär or Ezio or even Edward! So since they are catering to the masses with Comet they need something compelling!

On the Ancient Rome rumor: I find it plausible for a few reasons, bear with me :)
1. Jade Raymond said that Ubi is working closely with historians that specialize in French Revolution and Julius Cesar's Rome. And that was before anything official was announced for Unity.

2. Ancient Rome is a perfect setting for a curtain call / encore Assassin's Creed for PS3/X360 simply because it can utilize the map of AC Brotherhood save the textures of the environment, PLUS we are talking about an era where Black Flag gameplay can be justified. Not so much stealth but more open combat. And AC 4 stealth is adequate for that time period (eavesdropping, stealth assassinations etc) In Ancient Rome Unity mechanics don't make much sense (new parkour etc)

3. I'm just gonna put my theory out there as food for thought. What if Comet is a mainly Modern Day game starring -wait for it- Cross when he was converted to the Templars. We can relive his Russian ancestor memories (the name slips my tongue right now) but also we could have modest day when he was part of the purge of the Assassin clusters dated during the first AC game as well as when he was sent to Rome to recover the apple and in Egypt to capture Desmond's father in the museum?

Think about it assassins :)

marvelfannumber
07-11-2014, 01:18 PM
If it's fun eh why not? I'd judge it on how much fun it is, new additions, gameplay and story. If the story, location and settings and characters etc. are fun who cares if it's AC4 style?

Well if it is gonna be mostly re used assets it will probably not add much new. Sure it might be fun, but money don't grow on trees y'know? I'd rather save the money for a PS4 and Unity.

Legendz54
07-11-2014, 01:42 PM
Soon eh??? They trying to pull a Telltale games on us....

Farlander1991
07-11-2014, 01:48 PM

Ok, let's do this. :p
AC1. There was Desmond. ... And that's it.
AC2. Desmond escaped from Abstergo. End of the World is coming.
ACB. Desmond escapes again. Desmond finds Apple. Lucy died.
ACR. Desmond is in coma. Desmond gets out of coma.
:p

It's not like other AC games (with the exception of AC3 probably) are full of events ;)

GreySkellig
07-11-2014, 04:04 PM
AC1. There was Desmond. ... And that's it.
AC2. Desmond escaped from Abstergo. End of the World is coming.
ACB. Desmond escapes again. Desmond finds Apple. Lucy died.
ACR. Desmond is in coma. Desmond gets out of coma.

This is the most depressing thing I have ever read. Somebody over at Ubitysoft needs to write an AC where something actually happens on the MD. Because, lets be honest--I'll always play AC, but that's because I'm a big old history nerd and it's total wish fulfillment for me. But sooner or later, we need to move the friggin story forward. Seems like every game has been "Look, a MacGuffin-use your ancestors' memories to locate said MacGuffin. Now go find it in the Modern Day. Oh, wait, said MacGuffin is made everything worse/doesn't help us/is immediately forgotten by the plot. Oh, and by the way, the protagonist is dead and now you're just some dude at a computer."

pacmanate
07-11-2014, 04:41 PM

Its a sad truth

Hans684
07-11-2014, 06:40 PM
Anyone here who speaks French? From what I've heard these two liks confirmes Comet. Don't get your hopes up, it's a rumor about a rumor.

http://www.gamekyo.com/newsen58477_assassin-s-creed-comet-ps3-360-c-est-officiel.html

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2014/00073350-assassin-s-creed-comet-en-approche.htm

JustPlainQuirky
07-11-2014, 06:42 PM
"Ubisoft has officially confirmed at a meeting of investors rumors about a new Assassin's Creed for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 (in addition to Unity PC, PS4 & One), adding that the title in question would "soon "unveiled. GamesCom in August? Recall that according tidibits, the title would be called Assassin's Creed Comet and also emerge at the end of the year in the trays."

"At the center of rumors for many months, the arrival of an episode of Assassin's Creed on the older generation of consoles seem to indicate, and we should soon have new information about this album that could be called Assassin's Creed Comet . Asked about this at a conference dedicated to investors, Yves Guillemot (CEO of Ubisoft) confirmed lip that the veil would soon be lifted:

"More information on this topic are planned soon. This will happen soon. "

Assassin's Creed Unity is an exclusive episode of the new generation, the arrival of an opus on the previous generation should delight many players who have not taken the plunge."

First one says it'll be at gamescom. Second just says info we already know of Comet coming 'soon.'

Really have no idea how reliable your source is but hey gamescom is a safe bet either way.

Hans684
07-11-2014, 06:54 PM
"Ubisoft has officially confirmed at a meeting of investors rumors about a new Assassin's Creed for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 (in addition to Unity PC, PS4 & One), adding that the title in question would "soon "unveiled. GamesCom in August? Recall that according tidibits, the title would be called Assassin's Creed Comet and also emerge at the end of the year in the trays."

"At the center of rumors for many months, the arrival of an episode of Assassin's Creed on the older generation of consoles seem to indicate, and we should soon have new information about this album that could be called Assassin's Creed Comet . Asked about this at a conference dedicated to investors, Yves Guillemot (CEO of Ubisoft) confirmed lip that the veil would soon be lifted:

"More information on this topic are planned soon. This will happen soon. "

Assassin's Creed Unity is an exclusive episode of the new generation, the arrival of an opus on the previous generation should delight many players who have not taken the plunge."

First one says it'll be at gamescom. Second just says info we already know of Comet coming 'soon.'

Really have no idea how reliable your source is but hey gamescom is a safe bet either way.

Thank you, it's at least something. When is gamescom?

JustPlainQuirky
07-11-2014, 06:56 PM
13.-17.08.2014 :o

Jexx21
07-11-2014, 06:57 PM
sometime in august

Hans684
07-11-2014, 07:02 PM
13.-17.08.2014 :o

Thanks.:D

LoyalACFan
07-12-2014, 12:19 AM
Got my hopes up for a second, only to have them crushed...

http://a.disquscdn.com/get?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimgur.com%2FWEHsP2J.jpg&key=h1BpFNyb56kgX_0s1yphcg&w=600&h=647.746875

Fake fakity fake fake.

JustPlainQuirky
07-12-2014, 12:24 AM
Why is it fake?

edit: wait is that the guy from AC4 or am I misremembering

Shahkulu101
07-12-2014, 12:28 AM
Bc the second image is a picture from AC4 of Woodes-Rogers and The Commodore. :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
07-12-2014, 12:30 AM
I thought so.

Dang.

Got excited for a moment there...

LoyalACFan
07-12-2014, 12:41 AM
You know, Woodes Rogers actually wouldn't be a bad candidate for a Templar protagonist though. He wasn't a complete bastard, and they could reuse the sailing stuff. I think his most action-packed days were behind him by the end of AC4 though.

JustPlainQuirky
07-12-2014, 12:43 AM
I was about to say "hey we killed rogers tho"

but then I wiki'd it and apparently he didnt die. go figure

was he an actual historical figure?

edit: yeah, turns out he was.

So no chance of him really making a comeback IMO

Jexx21
07-12-2014, 12:45 AM
rofl

woodes rogers is one of the most famous pirate hunters in history

SixKeys
07-12-2014, 12:46 AM
rofl

I'd never heard of him before AC4 either. Not everyone is an expert on pirate history.

Shahkulu101
07-12-2014, 12:47 AM
I know a family who are directly related to him.

The Woodes Rogers family.

I'm not actually kidding, they are a well-off family in Aberdeen. I had the chance to visit them.

JustPlainQuirky
07-12-2014, 12:48 AM
I didnt even know about Anne Bonny and Mary Read before AC4. Or any of the pirates.

But I brushed up on their history after I played the game.

But as Sixkeys said, not everyone is knowledgable on that.

Plus I'm a stereotypical 'Murican. Not very cultured :p

LoyalACFan
07-12-2014, 12:51 AM
rofl

Don't be that guy. Woodes Rogers is not a famous historical figure.

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-12-2014, 01:41 AM
AccesstheAnimus Got their hands on that photo and this is their analysis:

A picture from Italian retailer "Euronics" has leaked into the web. The picture represents an advertisement for the preorder of "AC Comet" in which it's possible to see Woodes Rogers and Peter Chamberlaine .

There are, however, hints that make us think that this could be a fake.

The picture comes from AC4 and you can find it at this link (http://i.imgur.com/bDqLSL7.jpg). We hardly believe that the front image for a new game could be a screenshot from a previous game.
In addition to this, the AC Comet logo does not show the typical "®" next to the "Creed" word and it does not hold by the perpsective of the picture itself. Also the "AC Comet" logo that can be seen in the picture has been recently uploaded to the AC Wikia (http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140710222420/assassinscreed/images/8/81/Ac_comet-720x427.jpg)

It is also not clear if the release date in the picture (October 28th) is related to AC Unity, as it should be, or if it is referred to Comet too.

ze_topazio
07-12-2014, 01:50 AM
I know a family who are directly related to him.

The Woodes Rogers family.

I'm not actually kidding, they are a well-off family in Aberdeen. I had the chance to visit them.

Did you told them you stabbed their ancestor in a game?

roostersrule2
07-12-2014, 03:21 AM
I'd never heard of him before AC4 either. Not everyone is an expert on pirate history.Same.

I knew Blackbeard, Anne Bonney and Calico Jack. None of the others though.

Ureh
07-12-2014, 05:13 AM
I was about to say "hey we killed rogers tho"

but then I wiki'd it and apparently he didnt die. go figure

was he an actual historical figure?

edit: yeah, turns out he was.

So no chance of him really making a comeback IMO

There was also that ending cutscene with Edward, Ah Tabai and Adewale. Adewale told Edward that he should try to finish the job upon his return to England (Woodes Rogers survived his wounds and has returned to England, shamed and in debt. But no less a threat.). :)

Sekuiya.
07-12-2014, 05:37 AM
Same.

I knew Charles Vane because of Black Sails! XD

AdamPearce
07-12-2014, 05:41 AM
http://38.media.tumblr.com/9ca586345645f6a75ba813abbbd06c45/tumblr_n57vx021SW1r8g7kno7_250.gif

I'm so depressed right now, dammit, used to be happy when this kind of announcement happened.

Shahkulu101
07-12-2014, 11:54 AM
Did you told them you stabbed their ancestor in a game?

Well I've never actually met them before, and I had the chance to meet them before ACIV was a thing. If I ever do end up seeing them I'll be certain to tell them about AC4 and my experience with Woodes-Rogers.

Hopefully they don't toss me out.

Hans684
07-12-2014, 11:57 AM
Well I've never actually met them before, and I had the chance to meet them before ACIV was a thing. If I ever do end up seeing them I'll be certain to tell them about AC4 and my experience with Woodes-Rogers.

Hopefully they don't toss me out.

If they do, just tell tham that he survived the experience.

pacmanate
07-12-2014, 03:40 PM
Same.

What kind of CEO are you?

roostersrule2
07-12-2014, 03:55 PM
What kind of CEO are you?I do what I want, say what I want, think what I want.

I wanted to add in Jack Sparrow so Darby and Ashraf banned me from development.

breakdownthewall
07-12-2014, 06:21 PM
Do you guys think there's a chance of Comet being released on next gen consoles? Because I'm afraid I'll have to sell my PS3 in order to get a PS4, and I'll have to do so before October.

JustPlainQuirky
07-12-2014, 06:23 PM
I doubt it'll sell on current gen.

could confuse consumers.

At most it might be for sale digitally on current gen.

you can always buy it on PC. given it's last gen it wouldnt require a high-end computer to run IMO

breakdownthewall
07-12-2014, 06:26 PM
Good point. I suppose I can get it to work on my PC

Mr_Shade
07-12-2014, 06:27 PM
you can always buy it on PC. given it's last gen it wouldnt require a high-end computer to run IMOi'd wait and see tbh.. since people have said that before about games..

However until something is officially announced and specced - I'ts a case of wait and see….

HypeR.tgL
07-13-2014, 12:15 AM
Would it be silly to say that Comet will feature a fully fledged multi player naval mode? It's one thing I'm really hoping for!

JustPlainQuirky
07-13-2014, 12:16 AM
Would it be silly to say that Comet will feature a fully fledged multi player naval mode? It's one thing I'm really hoping for!

STOP.

DO. NOT. GET. MY. HOPES. UP.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/masonry/000/513/984/ba6.gif

Taking down a fleet of online players with my best buds in some team ship battle would be too awesome for this world

goob0t
07-13-2014, 12:35 AM
Well rumors say it will be a Templar right? And take place in the 1700's? I would think that would mean we would be playing as Haythem no? It would be a "sequel to AC3/4 in a sense, and to be honest at the end of 4 i was really trying to figure out how he became a Templar.

JustPlainQuirky
07-13-2014, 12:46 AM
-rumor said you play as a templar who works alongside Haytham at one point

-Haytham's reason for being a templar is explained in Forsaken

Jexx21
07-13-2014, 12:49 AM
Nah, the events of Forsaken take us around the world too much for Comet to be a Haytham game, unless it's a game involving hunting down the members of the Assassin order. Actually that would be interesting...

But no, I don't think it'll be a Haytham game.

I-Like-Pie45
07-13-2014, 01:00 AM
Haytham's got spurs that jingle jangle jingle