PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Unity outfits

EdwardKenway174
07-10-2014, 06:11 PM
I know that in previous Assassin's Creed games, the player has been able to outfit the single-player character with the outfits from other Assassin's Creed games; for example, in ACII, Brotherhood, and Revelations you can wear Altair's outfit. In ACIII, you can wear Altair's and Ezio's outfits. In ACIV: BF you can wear Altair's, Ezio's and Connor's outfits. Does anybody know if this feature will carry over to Unity? And if so, would, say, Edward's outfit still have four pistols? I would imagine not, since Connor's outfit didn't have the bow in ACIV, but since the four pistols were such a big part of Edward's character and outfit, I figured that I'd check.

SixKeys
07-10-2014, 06:14 PM
I hope the legacy outfits won't be in ACU. The last coupleo f games have done such a piss-poor job at importing them (like Alta´r's robes which are stuck to his legs) that most people don't like wearing them anyway. It was cute for a while, but I'd rather see new, exclusive costumes.

JustPlainQuirky
07-10-2014, 06:20 PM
Nah i want the Legacy outfits in.

It's a nice reminder. And sometimes i wear them.

even if the Altair one did suck in AC3

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-10-2014, 06:52 PM
It would be nice to have the old outfits in to give me a nice case of nostalgia :D

ShadowSolaris7
07-10-2014, 07:47 PM
Would be nice to get Huntsman's assassin robes for Arno.

ze_topazio
07-10-2014, 07:48 PM
I just want a god dammed suit.

Maybe the French national football equipment too for the lulz.

GreySkellig
07-10-2014, 07:50 PM
This has been discussed before at some length, but for the record I'm with SixKeys. Would vastly prefer a greater selection of purpose-designed, period-accurate costumes to a couple of anachronisms lobbed in at the last second to appease those for whom "Ezio wuz totally teh best, guyz!"

@ShadowSolaris7--Are you referring to a previous outfit I've missed somehow, or suggesting a set of robes for Unity? Because if it's the latter, I could definitely be down with that.

On a costume related note, how are people envisioning the Disguise function working? Nipping into a booth to change a la Liberation (the option I anticipate)? Stealing a uniform from a dead guard (the option I think would be most fun)? Just magically turning into somebody else as in multiplayer (the worst and least likely option)?

JustPlainQuirky
07-10-2014, 07:52 PM
This has been discussed before at some length, but for the record I'm with SixKeys. Would vastly prefer a greater selection of purpose-designed, period-accurate costumes to a couple of anachronisms lobbed in at the last second to appease those for whom "Ezio wuz totally teh best, guyz!"

@ShadowSolaris7--Are you referring to a previous outfit I've missed somehow, or suggesting a set of robes for Unity? Because if it's the latter, I could definitely be down with that.

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/why_not_both.gif

Calvarok
07-10-2014, 07:53 PM
There are WAY too many legacy outfits at this point, I just don't care about them and I'll never wear them. I'd prefer them to spend time on making cool easter egg outfits like the MGS one in brotherhood than importing and uprezzing like 7 old models, or maybe spend more time on making all the outfits they do have feel cool and unique, because oftentimes they're a lot worse than the default costume.

There are plenty of things that should take priority over all those things, and I don't particularly enjoy canon-breaking outfits unless they're exceptionally weird, like Raiden.

GreySkellig
07-10-2014, 07:54 PM
Because there's only so much time to be spent on costumes. If it's a choice between "Larry, spend this month designing new costumes" and "Larry, spend this month porting old costumes" I'd prefer the former, even if it yields fewer outfits than copying old ones.

marvelfannumber
07-10-2014, 07:56 PM
As has been said before I really, really want this:

http://i.imgur.com/PPuc9Tq.png

(and judging from the new forum background it looks like I will :D)

And for legacy outfits, please use Ezio's Revelations outfit, or preferably his AC2 outfit next time, so tired of Ezio's Brotherhood outfit.

Oh yeah and this:

http://i.imgur.com/H6XMDOd.jpg

Hans684
07-10-2014, 08:09 PM
Oh yeah and this:

http://i.imgur.com/H6XMDOd.jpg

Save it for a Connor sequel or let us earn it by Connor in Unity(if he is in the game).

JustPlainQuirky
07-10-2014, 08:10 PM
Because there's only so much time to be spent on costumes. If it's a choice between "Larry, spend this month designing new costumes" and "Larry, spend this month porting old costumes" I'd prefer the former, even if it yields fewer outfits than copying old ones.

it does NOT take a month porting old costumes.

I bet it could be done in less than a couple days even when having to update the textures and fix some physics.

GreySkellig
07-10-2014, 08:12 PM
I am DEFINITELY agreed regarding the old pre-alpha Connor outfit. I was a big fan, and I think it would look killer in Paris. One "legacy" outfit (though not really legacy I suppose) that I would love to have in Unity.

Mayrice, it was just a spurious example. My point is, I prefer all effort go to new costumes. (Unless it's the old Connor one, which is just stellar.)

marvelfannumber
07-10-2014, 08:15 PM
Save it for a Connor sequel or let us earn it by Connor in Unity(if he is in the game).

Nah, I don't think that outfit would look as good with Connor's current build. It would look great on Arno though.

Calvarok
07-10-2014, 08:32 PM
Nah, I don't think that outfit would look as good with Connor's current build. It would look great on Arno though.
Well who knows, maybe Connor gets sleeker and less bulky with age?

ShadowSolaris7
07-10-2014, 08:46 PM

On a costume related note, how are people envisioning the Disguise function working? Nipping into a booth to change a la Liberation (the option I anticipate)? Stealing a uniform from a dead guard (the option I think would be most fun)? Just magically turning into somebody else as in multiplayer (the worst and least likely option)?

This

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121108230226/assassinscreed/images/thumb/d/d5/The_Huntsman_by_RedOxyd.jpg/640px-The_Huntsman_by_RedOxyd.jpg

GreySkellig
07-10-2014, 08:59 PM
@ marvelfan ^^^Exactly. I think it could be easily passed off as an outfit Connor wore in his later years, which somehow made its way to Arno--a "new" outfit which looks great and is semi-canon as a legacy piece.

@ShadowSolaris--ohhhh the MP one? It does look cool.

Hans684
07-10-2014, 09:11 PM
This

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121108230226/assassinscreed/images/thumb/d/d5/The_Huntsman_by_RedOxyd.jpg/640px-The_Huntsman_by_RedOxyd.jpg

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/William_de_Saint-Prix

That is concept art of William de Saint-Prix, a French Assassin sent to aid the Colonial Assassins during the American Revolution. Also known as The Huntsman in multiplayer, it's not Connor.

I do, I like it better than Connor's default outfit.

ShadowSolaris7
07-10-2014, 09:34 PM
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/William_de_Saint-Prix

That is concept art of William de Saint-Prix, a French Assassin sent to aid the Colonial Assassins during the American Revolution. Also known as The Huntsman in multiplayer, it's not Connor.

I know It's not Connor, I just meant that it would be cool to get William's robes for Arno.

Hans684
07-10-2014, 09:49 PM
I know It's not Connor, I just meant that it would be cool to get William's robes for Arno.

That could work, still prefer the pre-production outfit made for Connor.

Calvarok
07-11-2014, 02:20 AM
I think the original Connor outfit looks a little generic and weird. It had potential, but it would need some significant changes if it were to be his new outfit.

Jexx21
07-11-2014, 02:28 AM
ugh I hate the pre-production Connor outfit. I'm so glad that they redid it.

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-11-2014, 02:39 AM
I like it, but they can still tweak it instead of getting rid of it completely.

Calvarok
07-11-2014, 02:45 AM
I'd imagine they'd want to start over rather than being bound to their old design.

GreySkellig
07-11-2014, 04:19 AM
At the end of the day, legacy outfits or no, I'm still so happy that most of the customization we've seen thus far (in our limited information) looks both period accurate and suitably unobtrusive. Reasonable costuming for the win.

Calvarok
07-11-2014, 05:44 AM
yep. responding to a common criticism but doing it with style!