PDA

View Full Version : McFarlane Arno figure

LoyalACFan
07-09-2014, 11:01 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/09/new-assassins-creed-figures-available-this-fall

Apparently they're launching a whole new line of these. Disappointingly enough, they all come with unlock codes for digital content. As I don't intend to buy any of the figures, hopefully they'll be included in the freaking Season Pass this time :nonchalance:

That's one thing that really bugs the hell out of me about recent Ubisoft games; there's so much exclusive content all over the place it's next to impossible to get a "complete" copy of the game.

JustPlainQuirky
07-09-2014, 11:03 PM
http://img.playground.ru/images/8/9/DLC.jpg

But yes nice figure

Jexx21
07-09-2014, 11:05 PM
who cares about a weapon skin.

Fatal-Feit
07-09-2014, 11:07 PM
HELL YES!

Revelations Ezio, Altair, and Arno!!! Can't wait to pick those up.

--------------------------------------------------------

I agree with Loyal about the digital content. It's a nice reward and all, but it keeps 95% of the players from feeling like they have the complete package. You'll literally have to spend about 300$+ to get the complete game. And as a collector, I don't like to open the box so I won't be able to enjoy the codes either.

Farlander1991
07-09-2014, 11:15 PM
The Haytham color outfit for Edward (which I really, really, REALLY want) never got released for AC4 outside of the figurine code, so I doubt that :( I'm fine with those being timed exclusives, but there's ever so slightly increasing amount of things that people can't get. Heck, I even created a thread about it, voicing my concerns about stuff like what's going to happen with community challenges rewards when they're no longer supported, how people are gonna get them? (Ubi keeps promising for a new cycle of challenges, ok, but after that? These challenges have to be kept constant, otherwise just release the content and be done with it).

Ureh
07-09-2014, 11:17 PM
They look decent but still not enough to convince me to buy them.

I used to see a few sellers who only collect the figures then they sell all the codes for a fraction of the cost (ex: $24 for all ulcs). But that price is still outrageous for a few pieces of digital content

edit: thanks for sharing loyalacfan. B)

LoyalACFan
07-09-2014, 11:40 PM

This is so true it hurts.

who cares about a weapon skin.

It's the principle, Jexx. If I pay for the game and the bloody Season Pass to boot (nearly $100 sunk into the game already), you're damn right I care about all the weapon skins, outfits, and dyes. I'm not buying AC toys, I just want the full f***ing game I paid for. You shouldn't have to buy eight action figures and a statuette to get everything the game has to offer, it's just an anti-consumer business practice. "Oh, you want the sword that goes on that empty rack there? Sorry, but you'll need to buy the Aveline action figure to get that. Empty slot on the spear rack? That comes with the Ah Tabai figure. What's that? You're missing the outfit shown in the reveal teaser? It seems you'll need to purchase the Fearless Assassin statue to get it."

Farlander1991
07-09-2014, 11:54 PM
This skin costs pretty much 20 bucks.
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131123031907/assassinscreed/images/5/5b/AC4_Haytham_Kenway's_overcoat_outfit.png

I want it, but to get it I need to pay 15 bucks for the toy and 5 bucks for delivery. At the least. If I wanted the toy, fine, no problem, but I don't, I want that skin, and there's no other way to get it. I love Ubisoft, but the huge distribution of content between tons of little different things really annoys me.

Jexx21
07-10-2014, 12:05 AM
This is so true it hurts.

It's the principle, Jexx. If I pay for the game and the bloody Season Pass to boot (nearly $100 sunk into the game already), you're damn right I care about all the weapon skins, outfits, and dyes. I'm not buying AC toys, I just want the full f***ing game I paid for. You shouldn't have to buy eight action figures and a statuette to get everything the game has to offer, it's just an anti-consumer business practice. "Oh, you want the sword that goes on that empty rack there? Sorry, but you'll need to buy the Aveline action figure to get that. Empty slot on the spear rack? That comes with the Ah Tabai figure. What's that? You're missing the outfit shown in the reveal teaser? It seems you'll need to purchase the Fearless Assassin statue to get it."

tbh I don't really care if they decide to plug exclusive weapon skins or outfit dyes into some toy. I only really care about getting things actually relevant to gameplay and missions.

SHADOWGARVIN
07-10-2014, 12:19 AM
Will these figurines be avaliable in Europe?

LoyalACFan
07-10-2014, 12:28 AM
tbh I don't really care if they decide to plug exclusive weapon skins or outfit dyes into some toy. I only really care about getting things actually relevant to gameplay and missions.

Again, you're missing the point. I don't care if you, personally, don't want them. I (and many others) do. And we should be able to get the ENTIRE game we paid for without buying literally every single piece of Unity tie-in merch on the market.

Selestina118
07-10-2014, 01:53 AM
I agree that all of the extra content should be released at the very least with the Season Pass after a certain amount of time has passed for completion's sake. I understand that the codes are an extra incentive for people to buy the figures and don't necessarily add anything non-cosmetic to the game (or badges and whatnot in the case of AC:I). I, myself, typically like being a completionist, but I didn't have the extra money to go and herd the figurines from all the different stores last year. lol Am I bothered that I don't have the skins/weapons, etc. for ACIV? Nope, but I can see where the issue is for others. On a separate note, I think the new set looks pretty cool. =)

Sesheenku
07-10-2014, 02:18 AM
**** and how much is a single one of those figurines? 20 dollars at least?

Eat a **** Ubi.

Assassin_M
07-10-2014, 02:24 AM
Eat a **** Ubi.
Now now

Jexx21
07-10-2014, 03:49 AM
Again, you're missing the point. I don't care if you, personally, don't want them. I (and many others) do. And we should be able to get the ENTIRE game we paid for without buying literally every single piece of Unity tie-in merch on the market.

Fine, I'll say that it would be nice if they would make it available to purchase w/o connecting it to a toy, but it isn't required and it's not something to get in a fuss about. It's just weapon and clothing skins, usually related to the toy in question. But I don't consider these skins to be part of what you're actually buying when you buy Assassin's Creed Unity. It's like saying that all DLC should be free because you bought the game already.

I personally have no issue with the way DLC is done nowadays because I feel like the used games market does take away a good amount of profits, as well as the fact that game prices haven't been raised for quite a while (at least in America), which IMO means a lot because inflation has made everything else increase in price.

LatinaC09
07-22-2014, 01:27 PM
I actually just purchased my first McFarlane AC figure, this one here:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71sPqzMsw0L._SY679_.jpg

I never really wanted to buy them because I didn't think the quality would be all that great. I have the UbiCollectible statues and those are absolutely beautiful but I have to say that the McFarlane figures are really nice. Definitely looking forward to these new ones. They are perfect for AC collectors!

SHADOWGARVIN
07-22-2014, 01:31 PM
I actually just purchased my first McFarlane AC figure

I wish i could buy a couple of those figurines, but unfortunately they are US only.

GoldenBoy9999
07-22-2014, 04:31 PM
I already have Hornigold, Haytham, and Connor. I got Hornigold because, as you might see from my username, I wanted the gold sails. When I got them I figured out the codes were only for last gen. Yeah thanks Ubisoft for clarifying. I might not have even got them if it hadn't been for the ULC. So they pretty much made me waste my money and now I have a Hornigold I don't want. I think all of the codes are still in their boxes.

I got an Edward figure about 6 months later and I still haven't opened him. I don't really no why. I think it's a mix between I didn't really care for him as a character and also maybe the price would go up. I also wondered if I should hold off from opening this one, sell it back, and get the Mayan version since it's kind of like the ultimate version of him.

I was very impressed with the quality of my characters and I would highly recommend getting one of them if you like the character. I really liked Connor so I have his figure now and I have to say it's my favorite. :D My only complaint is that not all of the weapons fit in their hands.

If Arno turns out to be good, and I already like his outfit, then I'll get his figure,Ratonhnhake:ton sooner or later, Adewale if he's turns out to be cool, and I plan to have one figure of all the main assassins. That is possible right now because of the Ezio figure but I'd rather have him in Brotherhood rather than Revelations because I consider ACB his prime. I already have this Gametrailers Ezio but I would like it to have the detail of the McFarlane ones.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ubGUC2e3L._SY300_.jpg

Also, these figures content should work for me now because Unity is new-gen only. Unless they decide to use the content for Comet or something. Although, I do not like the way Ubisoft spreads it's content out over 100's of dollars when it is not even included in the season pass I pay for.

TGPomy9795
07-22-2014, 04:33 PM
Definitely not buying the figures for a piece of in-game content. This content should be available for everyone who has the Season Pass.

LatinaC09
07-22-2014, 04:44 PM
I wish i could buy a couple of those figurines, but unfortunately they are US only.

Really? I never knew they were US exclusive. I'm sure they have to be on eBay or something for a decent price though. They are very inexpensive.

SHADOWGARVIN
07-22-2014, 04:46 PM
Really? I never knew they were US exclusive. I'm sure they have to be on eBay or something for a decent price though. They are very inexpensive.

I Hope so. They look amazing.

RinoTheBouncer
07-22-2014, 04:48 PM

But yes nice figure

EXACTLY. Itís sad but true.

Jexx21
07-22-2014, 05:22 PM
nope

JustPlainQuirky
07-25-2014, 01:08 AM
Actually seems more fitting to post this here

https://38.media.tumblr.com/de15588277252ce6db18a5390181cde8/tumblr_n9856oRsXi1rwq84jo9_500.jpg

Life-size Arno

Jexx21
07-25-2014, 02:16 AM
I'll put it next to me life-size connor and like-size captain america

Ureh
07-25-2014, 07:01 AM
Would be nice if the sword was real. Just in case I need it to defend my home., I can just pull it off the statue.

Locopells
07-25-2014, 10:11 AM
I'll put it next to me life-size connor and like-size captain america

*splutter*

LoyalACFan
08-15-2014, 10:36 AM
Update as far as the ULC is concerned

It appears that the Series 2 ones only contain codes that unlock Uplay avatars of the character depicted by the figure and 20 Uplay points each, as opposed to locked-off content in Unity. Which is good, because my blood pressure was getting up about that. No word yet on Series 3, which I suspect might actually contain codes for in-game content since it contains an Arno figure.

Source

http://www.spawn.com/toys/series.aspx?series=572

I'm not really a collector, but I might pick up that Connor Mohawk one, it's quite nice.

Fatal-Feit
08-15-2014, 10:42 AM
Those figures are terrible, but I can't help but buy all of them.

LoyalACFan
08-15-2014, 10:44 AM
Those figures are terrible, but I can't help but buy all of them.

Terrible how? I'm not exactly an action figure connoisseur.

Fatal-Feit
08-15-2014, 10:55 AM
Have you tried playing with them? Terrible articulations. Their hands have trouble holding some of their accessories. --Let alone the accessories having trouble holding other accessories. Connor can't even wield his bow. I had to break a nail to get Ratonhnhaketon's guns into their pouches. One of Edward's swords broke when I took it out of the package, and he can't even hold the other one properly without it dangling out of his fingers. Blackbeard's hat DOES NOT stay on. I lost count of how many times I had to tape it onto him. Etc, etc, etc, etc. And worse of all, they have trouble standing properly. Believe me, you don't want to leave these guys standing next to each other. Any bit of wind will cause a domino effect. Especially with the Connor figures. Oh yeah, EXTREMELY WEAK RATCHET JOINTS.

It was better when I left them in the package for display. =/

But silver lining, they have really great accuracy. Everything aside from Bartholomew and Blackbeard's eyes look fantastic, and an almost exact representation of what they look like in the game.

LoyalACFan
08-15-2014, 11:26 AM
Have you tried playing with them? Terrible articulations. Their hands have trouble holding some of their accessories. --Let alone the accessories having trouble holding other accessories. Connor can't even wield his bow. I had to break a nail to get Ratonhnhaketon's guns into their pouches. One of Edward's swords broke when I took it out of the package, and he can't even hold the other one properly without it dangling out of his fingers. Blackbeard's hat DOES NOT stay on. I lost count of how many times I had to tape it onto him. Etc, etc, etc, etc. And worse of all, they have trouble standing properly. Believe me, you don't want to leave these guys standing next to each other. Any bit of wind will cause a domino effect. Especially with the Connor figures. Oh yeah, EXTREMELY WEAK RATCHET JOINTS.

It was better when I left them in the package for display. =/

But silver lining, they have really great accuracy. Everything aside from Bartholomew and Blackbeard's eyes look fantastic, and an almost exact representation of what they look like in the game.

Oh. I mostly wanted it to sit on my dresser for decoration. Although I did have an Altair action figure several years ago whose arm broke off. It was cool as hell while it lasted though. I may yet buy myself another one.