PDA

View Full Version : could desmond be a sage? and how many versions of the player is in the world?

EmbodyingSeven5
07-08-2014, 11:59 PM
I have two things to get off my chest. one is a question and one is a theory. im fully prepared for you to shoot me down because my theory is a bit out of the ballpark. I suspect Desmond could be a sage similar to assassins creed 4s sage in the present day and in Edwards time. the first thing that struck me was how similar Desmond looked as his ansestors. now right away you could tell me that Desmond was related to Altair and Ezio so that's why they all look so similar. but ezio and altair aren't related to each other at all. this was confirmed by ubisoft. so why do they look so identical to one another. I mean they are almost spitting images of Desmond. im not saying all of Desmonds ancestors are him reincarnated. just the ones that look like they ARE him. so tell me what you think about that.

also there are multiple versions of you in the assassins universe! in assassins creed revelations multiplayer you were a Templar rising the ranks. you ended up being one of their top agents and then the story switches to you working on abstergos first game in assassins creed liberation. then your are a new employee working on abstergos second game in assassins creed 4. the two yous doing research on the two games aren't the same person because the abstergo women at the beginning of A.C 4 refers to their first game like you weren't apart of it. also in assassins creed unity ubisoft stated that in present day you would not be the abstergo you, but you the player involved in the game. do you think im overthinking this. or are you just as confused as me.
excuse spelling, wrote in a rush(:

JustPlainQuirky
07-09-2014, 12:03 AM
Wasn't altair's face changed in revelations to make it more accurate or something? And that desmond's face was just like an error in the animus or something?

I dunno.

I think it's just something ubisoft didnt put too much thought to at the time.

SHADOWGARVIN
07-09-2014, 12:04 AM
You should have posted this in the other ac thread about subjects not worthy of their own thread.

Assassin_M
07-09-2014, 12:07 AM
Altair's face in AC I was confirmed to be just the animus pasting the users face on the ancestor to help familiarizing the user and provide a smoother experience and quick synchronization.

EmbodyingSeven5
07-09-2014, 12:15 AM
You should have posted this in the other ac thread about subjects not worthy of their own thread.

Thanks for that constructive criticism!

EmbodyingSeven5
07-09-2014, 12:19 AM
Altair's face in AC I was confirmed to be just the animus pasting the users face on the ancestor to help familiarizing the user and provide a smoother experience and quick synchronization.

what about the second thing?

Calvarok
07-09-2014, 12:37 AM
what about the second thing?
don't think of them as "you", think of them as unnamed silent protagonists. Except for the Abstergo Trainee, who has a name: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Juhani_Otso_Berg
Just call the other ones "Abstergo Entertainment Customer" and "Abstergo Entertainment Researcher".

And no, Desmond is not a Sage. All Sages look like Aita, and Juno only inserted Aita into human DNA in whatever way she did to create the Sages.

Jexx21
07-09-2014, 02:00 AM
I actually think that the AC4 modern day protagonist is the same person that played AC3 MP and AC Liberation...

at least I like to see it that way. The "Abstergo Entertainment Arc" you can call it :P

Calvarok
07-09-2014, 02:14 AM
I actually think that the AC4 modern day protagonist is the same person that played AC3 MP and AC Liberation...

at least I like to see it that way. The "Abstergo Entertainment Arc" you can call it :P
unless we are explicitly told that, it's unconfirmed. The fact that all of the information about TWCB + modern Templars and Assassins is a mystery to the AC4 Employee heavily suggests they were not the multiplayer protagonist. You have an in-game journal that spells out exactly what the Employee thinks of everything that happens. Which I kinda dislike, wasn't the point supposed to be that they're us? isn't that why they're silent? so why should they write anything without us knowing or our approval?

EmbodyingSeven5
07-09-2014, 02:28 AM
kind of hoping desmond comes back in the game as a main character. since the beginning of assassins creed 2 I was hoping he would eventually have a white room moment with vidic. I was crushed when they played the abstergo mission off so quickly. I also feel like since the last few assassins creed games have been trying bring in new players the modern day story hasn't progressed very much. wish they would answer questions brought up way before in the franchise.

EmbodyingSeven5
07-09-2014, 02:32 AM
this is why I want a game set in the modern day story!!! STUPID UBISOFT!!!! YOU KILLED DESMOND WITH HIS AWSOME PHANNY PACK!!!!!

rickprog
07-09-2014, 02:48 AM
Or at least a game with a slightly more developed modern day. The possibilities created by having a rebuilt modern brotherhood composed by Gavin and his team were so many, yet they chose to have the ACU protagonist be "the player" once more.

I understand they want to make us feel like we're the ones playing the game, but I'm quite aware that I'm the one playing just by being aware the controller is in my hands and I'm the one pressing the buttons and moving the sticks and so on. More so, if they really wanted to make us the protagonist, there should be a sense of us making the decisions, not having the silent, nameless protagonist do it for us. And then there's the fact that we could take decisions through an active, named protagonist in the narrative.

SHADOWGARVIN
07-09-2014, 01:27 PM
this is why I want a game set in the modern day story!!! STUPID UBISOFT!!!! YOU KILLED DESMOND WITH HIS AWSOME PHANNY PACK!!!!!

This will never happen. Ubisoft has said this so many times!

king-hailz
07-09-2014, 02:51 PM
Ot would have been so good if they did Galina or another character in Unity... i am just so sad that they didnt.

I know it wont happen but I am waiting for them to do a game where there will be one city and in the modern day we will have a modern version of that city... it would be cool...

But imagine if after Juno gets destroyed she destroys the world too and the assassins get destroyed with the templars in charge... it will be in the future and the assassins become a legend. However we play as a person who hates the way people are being controlled by the templars and he gets contacted by a group of assassins... who are just a couple of people now. And they train him as an assassin using a really old animus they just managed to rebuild. And you do certain missions in that city against the templars.. while you play as this guys ancestors who end up being extremely important members of the assassin order... i actually wish that ACU would be this kind of fresh start.

This is the structure that AC should have done

AC1-AC3 Desmonds cycle.
AC4-AC6 Juno's Cycle.
and so on... it would have been simpler... although they didnt do it..m they should hurry and end the juno cycle so they can really have a fresh start.

Edit: Actually forget that he gets contacted by the assassins... he finds a secret area where the assassins in the past left an animus with a letter. And this character rebuilds the order finding new recruits. And actually assassinates important members of the templars using the hidden blades left with the letter.

JustPlainQuirky
07-09-2014, 02:52 PM
I don't like Galina for some reason.

king-hailz
07-09-2014, 03:11 PM
I don't like Galina for some reason.

Someone else then.