PDA

View Full Version : ACIV: Black Flag - Community Challenges

GreymonGuy
07-08-2014, 08:20 PM
So I've completed about everything there is on story mode and missions. I have 100% on Crafting, Jackdaw upgrades, main sequences etc. But I'm still needing one set of swords & pistols for Edward Kenway.
It says I have to do Community Challenges to obtain them but I've been really confused on how those work so I've avoided it most of the time playing the game.
Apparently the Community challenge now has something to do with the Royal convoy but there are only two spots in which ships with the RC symbol rarely show up.
I've been going to pubs and getting info on other ships that are Royal Convoys but I went to all the known pubs and destroyed all the other RC ships that I've gotten info on.
So I'm wondering is there anything specific the I need to do in the Community challenge and will there even be more or any easier way of getting those last items?
Also another note: When I attack most ships with the Royal Convoy symbol, they're not usually glowing blue

Black_Widow9
07-08-2014, 09:42 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums :D

You're not doing anything wrong., The Community Challenges are on a hiatus at the moment but they will start again and we'll put up a Sticky with the specifics. In-game, when they are active, you'll see them in the pause menu on the right in the feed. ;)

Ceolwolf
07-09-2014, 12:22 AM
can we have any ETA for this? months, weeks?
i really want that explorer outfit :c

Eivaan
07-10-2014, 02:27 AM
I just found a white whale, so how are they on hiatus? o.o

Ureh
07-10-2014, 02:54 AM
White Whales are Social Events. As far as I know Social Events (white whales, social chests, and royal convoys) were never on hiatus and aren't dependent on Community Challenges. BUT...

Community Challenges are entirely separate events. They try to encourage as many players as possible to combine their efforts towards reaching a goal. Example: sink 1,500,000 ships or kill 1,500,000 guards and the reward might be an outfit or a weapon, etc. Community Challenges have been on hiatus for around 2.5 months.

GreymonGuy
07-13-2014, 05:33 AM
white whales are social events. As far as i know social events (white whales, social chests, and royal convoys) were never on hiatus and aren't dependent on community challenges. But...

Community challenges are entirely separate events. They try to encourage as many players as possible to combine their efforts towards reaching a goal. Example: Sink 1,500,000 ships or kill 1,500,000 guards and the reward might be an outfit or a weapon, etc. community challenges have been on hiatus for around 2.5 months.

are you kidding me!?

im3jia
07-16-2014, 06:23 PM
One of the Mods said they'll be coming back. http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/900184-Will-there-ever-be-another-community-challenge-for-AC4

Black_Widow9
07-22-2014, 01:38 AM
We have a schedule up now so make sure if you're missing one you want that you play on the specific days!
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/902053-ACIV-BF-Community-Events-Schedule