PDA

View Full Version : I can't air assassinate the corrupt officials in AC2

Shiggyz49
07-08-2014, 03:55 AM
I'm not sure if my game is bugged, but for whatever reason I can't air assassinate the officials in AC2 to lower my notoriety. I can get above them but I don't get a button prompt and pressing X does nothing. Is this a bug? Or is that just how the game is designed?

LoyalACFan
07-08-2014, 04:03 AM
Pretty sure that's just how it's designed. I can't do it either.

SixKeys
07-08-2014, 04:07 AM
Are you sure you're locked on? Not too far away from them? Does air-assassinate work on every other enemy?

Shiggyz49
07-08-2014, 04:09 AM
Are you sure you're locked on? Not too far away from them? Does air-assassinate work on every other enemy?
Yes, yes, and yes.

LoyalACFan
07-08-2014, 04:14 AM
You don't even need to lock onto enemies to air assassinate them in AC2. That was only in AC1.

Shahkulu101
The game probably dictates that you take them out discreetly since you're trying to lose your notoriety and not raise it. So you can't, ahem, announce it from the rooftops (I'll have my cookie now).

Unless you're game is bugged. I don't remember if I ever noticed the same thing or if I ever even tried to air assassinate them.

Calvarok
what the heck? I've played at least 300 hours of AC2 and I've never ever encountered this issue. I find it hard to believe I never even tried... weird!

SixKeys
07-08-2014, 04:24 AM
The game probably dictates that you take them out discreetly since you're trying to lose your notoriety and not raise it. So you can't, ahem, announce it from the rooftops (I'll have my cookie now).

You can chase them down and assassinate them in the middle of the street no problem and your notoriety will still go down, so it's definitely not about discretion. :p Probably a bug.

Shiggyz49
07-08-2014, 05:22 AM
You can chase them down and assassinate them in the middle of the street no problem and your notoriety will still go down, so it's definitely not about discretion. :p Probably a bug.
I swear I remember air assassinating those guys before. Oh well.

Ureh
07-08-2014, 05:46 AM
Yea, strange! I can't remember if I ever air assassinated these guys. Can you at least tackle them from the air?

Shiggyz49
07-08-2014, 06:06 AM
Yea, strange! I can't remember if I ever air assassinated these guys. Can you at least tackle them from the air?

Yep, no problem with leaping down on them from 20 ft and tackling them before you stab them, but for whatever reason you can't just air assassinate them. I honestly can't believe nobody else has really noticed this odd design choice, I tried google searching to see if it was a common bug but absolutely nothing came up. I guess it's one of those odd design choices that everybody just accepts.

Deezl-V
07-08-2014, 12:44 PM
Yep, no problem with leaping down on them from 20 ft and tackling them before you stab them, but for whatever reason you can't just air assassinate them. I honestly can't believe nobody else has really noticed this odd design choice, I tried google searching to see if it was a common bug but absolutely nothing came up. I guess it's one of those odd design choices that everybody just accepts.

Not true. I always air assassinate them. But I do have to lock on them first as sometimes I would AA a citizen. So yes, you can AA corrupt officials.

Shiggyz49
07-08-2014, 07:31 PM
Not true. I always air assassinate them. But I do have to lock on them first as sometimes I would AA a citizen. So yes, you can AA corrupt officials.

Test it. I'm almost certain you can't.

Ureh
07-09-2014, 03:00 AM
I'll try to test it later. This is a mystery!

Update! It's confirmed. I couldn't air assassinate corrupt officials! :p

Shiggyz49
07-09-2014, 11:43 PM
I'll try to test it later. This is a mystery!

Update! It's confirmed. I couldn't air assassinate corrupt officials! :p
Interesting! So it's not a bug on my copy, although I'm surprised it took me 5 playthroughs to notice this! I wonder why you can't. Maybe it has something to do with the game not identifying the Officials as "enemies" until they detect you and run off? Perhaps the game treats them as a "citizen" while they're walking around, which would make sense because you can only tackle civilians and not air assassinate them. Interesting stuff though.