PDA

View Full Version : My Love for the Kenway Saga

Namikaze_17
07-08-2014, 01:09 AM
Hello, I'm new to the forums as this is first thread.

Now some of you may roll your eyes on the topic I decided to type as it's similar to what another member decided to write in his appreciation/love for the Ezio Saga. However, this thread is about a certain group of characters that I believe were vastly underrated/ overlooked by many, and appreciated by few.....The Kenway Family.
Before anyone goes thinking that this is a way to defend the Kenways, or bash on Ezio, it is not. I repeat, it is not.
Firstly, I just want that to explain that my love for the Kenways didn't begin with Connor nor Edward, but an individual that wasn't an Assassin at all......Haytham. What made me like Haytham at first, was he's sheer philosophy/ morality that made see the Templars themselves as not the typical "Bad Guys". They all have a sense of Gray in their understanding of the world and it's problems as their final speeches really make the Assassin/ Player doubt if they were right killing them.......something that was lacking with Templars in AC2/ACB. Secondly, I want to clarify that the Kenways may arguably be individuals that used the Creed for their personal vendettas......but that isn't true. IMO, The Kenways are simply the Complete Embodiment of the Creed and it's goals as they showcase in their individual Journeys.
( Connor/Edward)
Here's a quote by the Clan Mother about the Creed: "I know that symbol. It is said those who follow it must endure great sacrifice, pain, and Hardship."
Connor, shows this by his endless conviction in his belief to make sure others are granted the Freedom that he himself never felt or saw. However, the very things he wanted, just like what the Creed wants, cannot be obtained.
Edward, more or less already represented the Assassin's and their Ideals before joining them by his pirate life he once lived.
Here a quote by Altair to demonstrate this: "Men must be free to do as they believe. It is not our right to punish one for thinking what they do, no MATTER how much we DISAGREE."
Not to Mention that in AC3/ AC4 we actually see the Creed from the perspective of Edward in how he rejected it's meaning and goals to eventually letting it change his perspective about life as he said: "If nothing is true, then why believe anything? And if everything is permitted, why not change every desire?" - this clearly indicates that Edward truly understands the Creed and it's meaning as it completely contrasts the very things he wanted in the first place. ( Money, fame, etc.)
Haytham, on the other hand, clearly demonstrates what the Templars and their order mean to him as seen in his interactions with Connor: "Freedom is peace. No, it is an invitation to Chaos." "You act as though you have a right a judge. To declare me and mine wrong for the world." - These quotes don't entirely showcase to the nobleness in Haytham, bit the Templars as whole.
So finally there you have it......my love for the Kenways are their personal struggles and different perspectives about the world that all they all find comfort and Tragedy within the Assassin's and Templars.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZwk3Ap8yBI&feature=youtube_gdata_player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK0zRHK52hU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Feel Free to Discuss!!!

JustPlainQuirky
07-08-2014, 01:16 AM
How can anyone not love the Kenways? They're what I love most about AC. ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Assassin_M
07-08-2014, 01:24 AM
I'd argue that the Kenways are far more popular than the Auditores in this place...

Namikaze_17
07-08-2014, 01:30 AM
How can anyone not love the Kenways? They're what I love most about AC. ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

I know right? They are clearly what got me interested in the first place. From AC4 to Forsaken,
to AC3.........it's all such an interesting journey. Lol. :D

JustPlainQuirky
07-08-2014, 01:40 AM
Yeah I agree with M.

The Kenways are much more popular than the auditores.

Except for Ezio ofc.

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-08-2014, 01:50 AM
Yeah I agree with M.

Except for Ezio ofc.

Agreed.

Black_Widow9
07-08-2014, 02:14 AM
It's all about the Haymitch. ;)

Namikaze_17
07-08-2014, 02:15 AM
Yeah I agree with M.

Especially Ezio ofc.

fixed that for you there........

pacmanate
07-08-2014, 02:16 AM
It's all about the Haymitch. ;)

http://rack.3.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA2LzEyLzczL1NuYXBlLmFjZDUzLmdpZgpwCXRodW 1iCTEyMDB4OTYwMD4/8de162dc/c6b/Snape.gif

@M we didnt really get to see giovanni or the others so its not fair to say the Kenways are better recieved or whatever. 3 kenways got their own game.

Assassin_M
07-08-2014, 02:23 AM
@M we didnt really get to see giovanni or the others so its not fair to say the Kenways are better recieved or whatever. 3 kenways got their own game.
Then it's not fair to say that Ezio was better received than Connor or whatever, He had 3 games....oh....wait...people still say that he was better received, so yeah....The Kenways are better received than the Auditores..

Jexx21
07-08-2014, 02:43 AM
Haytham didn't really get his own game..

Fatal-Feit
07-08-2014, 02:47 AM
I absolutely adore the Kenway family and their captivating stories. They're both my favorite video game casts and fictional characters. Assassin's Creed would have been nothing but a casual fest for me if it weren't for them.

Hopefully Arno and the future Assassins will live up to their engrossing journeys.

Fatal-Feit
07-08-2014, 02:54 AM
Haytham didn't really get his own game..

Sadly nope, but for about 6 sequences, he made a fantastic impression and was a captivating enough character to easily win me over the first hour of the game, let alone reviving the moral greyness that the franchise have lost after AC:1 with a bang. Oh man, what a character... Ubisoft's finest side-cast, IMO. Vaas ain't got nothing on that guy!

Jexx21
07-08-2014, 02:58 AM
but Pagan Min will be amazing

Fatal-Feit
07-08-2014, 03:02 AM
I have insanely high expectations for that guy...

I-Like-Pie45
07-08-2014, 04:50 AM
He looks ghey

Jexx21
07-08-2014, 04:53 AM
pie your feet are hairy

Namikaze_17
07-08-2014, 04:53 AM
I absolutely adore the Kenway family and their captivating stories. They're both my favorite video game casts and fictional characters. Assassin's Creed would have been nothing but a casual fest for me if it weren't for them.

Hopefully Arno and the future Assassins will live up to their engrossing journeys.

Agreed. Hopefully they keep to this formula they've done with The Kenways and Altair with the grey morality rather than going back to the over- done black and white stuff like in the Ezio Saga.

I-Like-Pie45
07-08-2014, 04:54 AM
pie your feet are hairy

Josh, remember that twenty one pilots song I listened to once?

Jexx21
07-08-2014, 04:59 AM
no but i love twenty one pilots