PDA

View Full Version : Griffin Bane Expansion - Patchnotes

JasonParadise
07-07-2014, 03:41 PM
The Might & Magic: Duel of Champions Development Team is proud to release Griffin Bane this coming week. Griffin Bane is an exciting new expansion to Duel of Champions with new cards, features, and more!

http://i.imgur.com/vdL6xY7.png

100 New Cards

New Heroes, Creatures, Spells, Fortunes, Buildings and Events

Card Nerfs

Swelling Breeder now only gives Magic Resist to adjacent Breeders
Djinn Cloudshaper now requires 5 Might
Enthrall now costs 6 Resources
Puppet Master now costs 7 Resources

New Achievements

Refer a friend (Reward: 15,000 gold)
Have 3 refered Pupil who reach level 10 (Reward: 500 Seals)
Win a match against the Academy faction (Reward: Base Academy Deck)
Win a match against the Haven faction (Reward: Base Haven Deck)
Win a match agaisnt the Inferno faction (Reward: Base Inferno Deck)
Win a match against the Necropolis faction (Reward: Base Necropolis Deck)
Win a match against the Sanctuary faction (Reward: Base Sanctuary Deck)
Win a match against the Stronghold faction (Reward: Base Stronghold Deck)

New format: Road to Paris

Added a new 'Road to Paris' format to the 'Challenge a Friend' game mode. This format will be used during competitive Road to Paris matches.

Ability Icon in zoom

Added the Ability Icon to a zoomed card descriptive screen.

Regroup same cards of different series

Added a 'Hide Duplicate' filter in the deckbuilder to regroup same cards of different series.

Changes in Shop

Gold will no longer be sold in the Shop.
Starter Decks are also removed from the Shop. These decks are now obtainable through achievements in game.

Changes in Altar of Wishes

The cost of Heart of Nightmares cards drops to 2 / 6 / 10 / 16 (Common / Uncommon / Rare / Epic)
Griffin Bane cards enter the Altar at 3 / 9 / 15 / 24 (Common / Uncommon / Rare / Epic)
The cost of Legacy Series cards drops to 3 / 9 / 15 / 24 (Common / Uncommon / Rare / Epic)

Mushidoz
07-07-2014, 03:53 PM
Lots of good news in there.. just curious, though

1) What happens with the "buy a deck" achievement that was introduced 1 or 2 patches ago?
2) When is the friend referal feature gonna be implemented?
3) Are there still talks to retroactively give some gold back to accounts that were created after bs2 / nightmare for the campaigns that now give 600 000 gold more than before?

czwartek22
07-07-2014, 03:54 PM
Hooray! Some great changes here. Reasonable nerfs, hiding duplicate cards (will this affect the premium ones too?) and lowering the costs of Legacy cards are my favorite ones. There is one piece of information which is still missing though - date of the release :). Is it known yet?

Dr_mundo_
07-07-2014, 03:57 PM
thats the only achievements? no..earn all gb cards..blabla...btw after i spent 200+ wc for legacy cards...more epics..now they are reduced...not nice anymore..

Extn
07-07-2014, 04:14 PM
not bad, but I have expected much more new achievements.

twardy_
07-07-2014, 04:15 PM
3) Are there still talks to retroactively give some gold back to accounts that were created after bs2 / nightmare for the campaigns that now give 600 000 gold more than before?

this ^

would be cool to hear something about this

journeyman1414
07-07-2014, 04:19 PM
Finally a step to the right direction! Thanks CMs for listening to us folks. The wildcard cost are now reasonable. ^_^ This should fix most of the economy.

Just a question: Will the referred player still receive all starter decks?

M4dsci
07-07-2014, 04:29 PM
Great changes, good nerfs (I eventually would have expected a nerf for Acamas)

I have a question : for the R2P tournament of jully, Griffin Bane is banned, but the nerfs of enthrall and djinn will remains?

AlexandrosGray
07-07-2014, 04:38 PM
It's weird that the WC cost of epic/heroes is going up from 21 to 24, maybe Jason made a mistake?

Snodtheone
07-07-2014, 04:54 PM
It's weird that the WC cost of epic/heroes is going up from 21 to 24, maybe Jason made a mistake?

Legacy heroes costs 28 wildcards atm, jason made no mistake, he made me happy.

AlexandrosGray
07-07-2014, 05:03 PM
Snod, I was talking about the latest expansion: right now HoN epics cost 21 WC, in the patchnotes it says GB's will cost 24. In any case, legacy cards reduced cost is great news!

Snodtheone
07-07-2014, 06:05 PM
Ah, i misunderstood you, i guess thats just a tweak theyre doing.

BUt with all the other cards being lowered i cant really feel bad about that.

Ussoro
07-07-2014, 06:59 PM
Didn't think they read my post about making legacy cards cost the same as the newest expansion, but glad they made this change. Still hope they will come around and add legacy packs for gold too. The other changes are good as well. SO glad those cards got nerfed!

JasonParadise
07-07-2014, 07:45 PM
One additional thing that was not in the original post. We are now officially shooting for a release date of Wednesday, July 9th.

JasonParadise
07-07-2014, 07:52 PM

1) What happens with the "buy a deck" achievement that was introduced 1 or 2 patches ago?
2) When is the friend referal feature gonna be implemented?

1) Unsure on the achievement, but I'm assuming it should still be available. We have offered other prebuilt decks in the past. While I haven't heard specifics, I'm assuming they will go this route. Of course, I could be totally wrong.

2) Should be activated as soon as they get the last hold up fixed. They're trying to get it active ASAP.

3) Last I had heard, there was no plan for this at the moment.

EvianChrist
07-07-2014, 07:54 PM
This new patch seems really good ! A lot has been made to satisfy some player's demands.
However, i'm quite disapointed with the price of the epic cards going up from 21 to 24...

JasonParadise
07-07-2014, 08:28 PM
This new patch seems really good ! A lot has been made to satisfy some player's demands.
However, i'm quite disapointed with the price of the epic cards going up from 21 to 24...

You shouldn't be. It's still a decrease in total Wildcard cost for epics. There are nine epics in Griffin Bane and all are unique. This is a total of 216 wildcards if you were to buy all nine outright in the Altar.

While Heart of Nightmares had nine different epic cards as well, they were not all unique. Due to Lava Spawn, Pao Warchief, Djinn Cloudshaper, etc... there was a higher amount of epic cards to collect. You needed to buy four of each card to have a "complete" deck. All possible epics with four of the non-uniques = 27 total cards. With old pricing, this was a cost of 567 Wildcards. This overall price has been dropped, of course, due to the decrease in cost for HoN cards.

You're getting a bigger bang for your buck on wildcards now in the new collection.

Number256
07-07-2014, 08:33 PM
What are the new swiss rewards?
Will there be an equivalent deal in the steam store that there was for two HoN superboxes?

EvianChrist
07-07-2014, 08:34 PM
You shouldn't be. It's still a decrease in total Wildcard cost for epics. There are nine epics in Griffin Bane and all are unique. This is a total of 216 wildcards if you were to buy all nine outright in the Altar.

While Heart of Nightmares had nine different epic cards as well, they were not all unique. Due to Lava Spawn, Pao Warchief, Djinn Cloudshaper, etc... there was a higher amount of epic cards to collect. You needed to buy four of each card to have a "complete" deck. All possible epics with four of the non-uniques = 27 total cards. With old pricing, this was a cost of 567 Wildcards. This overall price has been dropped, of course, due to the decrease in cost for HoN cards.

You're getting a bigger bang for your buck on wildcards now in the new collection.
You have a point. I didn't think about it this way :)

twardy_
07-07-2014, 08:50 PM
What are the new swiss rewards?
Will there be an equivalent deal in the steam store that there was for two HoN superboxes?

it was a mistake...

Number256
07-07-2014, 09:01 PM
it was a mistake...

The discount was a mistake. I'm asking about the undiscounted price.

Alamand
07-07-2014, 09:06 PM
I'm kinda sad to see collection achievements go, they were such nice targets to aim for, but I'd rather they get rid of them than insult their playerbase with more HoN level collection achievements.

It's also disappointing to see no changes coming to daily quests. Nothing sucks the fun out of a card game faster than the game telling you what deck you must play for that day.

The WC costs also still seem to be rather high considering there's no way to get many for free (aside from the 3rd tier daily, but honestly committing suicide is more appealing than doing that daily 90% of the time).

Snodtheone
07-07-2014, 10:03 PM
I have to ask though, any estimate on fixing the everchanging format choice?

I forget to change from open to standard 2/3 times and its starting to bug me.

waragadar
07-07-2014, 10:07 PM
All good news, thanks a lot.

Encrypted message: LQDBrunt love pets (too much)

acid8k
07-07-2014, 10:18 PM
too bad i bought the starter set from steam with all the basic decks

npavcec
07-07-2014, 11:04 PM
I'm kinda sad to see collection achievements go, they were such nice targets to aim for, but I'd rather they get rid of them than insult their playerbase with more HoN level collection achievements..

Where exactly did you read that collection achievements will go away?!

Can someone clarify this information. Because I am very close to complete my BS2 collection achivement for 12 tournament tickets.. if this goes away.. I'll get the cards with wildcards right away..

Ussoro
07-08-2014, 05:29 AM
Will HON pack see a price reduction in gold?

rcorpCZ
07-08-2014, 06:31 AM
Release on 9th? Well the fight for CP for the last places in R2P gold cup will be very interesting. :p

DoubleDeck
07-08-2014, 06:59 AM
I have to ask though, any estimate on fixing the everchanging format choice?

I forget to change from open to standard 2/3 times and its starting to bug me.

I agree, when you play standard, the "memory" remains in duel screen, but when you play open, it always changes back to standard with your most played deck....frustrating to always change this back to the deck you wanna play with....you should just click "play" every time to duel again....not go through everything again.

Release date tomorrow! Yeah!

Kimundi
07-08-2014, 10:43 AM
I'm not sure the dropdown menu issue will be fixed with the GB release, but they are aware of the issue :)

Jason seems to have answered every other questions for the moment!

Regarding completion achievements, I'm going to check on the BAL server if I see any mention of it while waiting for the studio to wake up.

I'm so excited about the release :D :D :D

Mu3d0K
07-08-2014, 11:06 AM
Hello ! :)
Sounds good overall ! But one thing ...
Please add some of the standard series achivements like:
- collect all cards from Griffin Bane
- Win 20 Duels with each GB Hero

more would be better ;-)

THX!

npavcec
07-08-2014, 11:07 AM
II'm so excited about the release :D :D :D

We are all, Kimmundi! :) Just bring us a good news that any achivements that reward with anything worth won't be removed, otherwise I'll have to burn my WCs before the GB release.. :)

Please add some of the standard series achivements like:
- collect all cards from Griffin Bane
- Win 20 Duels with each GB Hero

more would be better ;-)

I agree. The more achivements, the more fun. I have to admit that achivements are 50% of the motivation for me to hang in the game. :) Other 50% is uncomplete collection, ofcourse. :)

Kimundi
07-08-2014, 11:16 AM
I don't see any new collection achievements on the BAL server, but it's not be trusted every time, so I'll ask ;)

Stoneofhelp
07-08-2014, 01:21 PM
Will the GB packs be available for gold right away?

twardy_
07-08-2014, 01:22 PM
why would they

they need some money

Bazaltovy
07-08-2014, 02:18 PM
Achievements like these were not mentioned in patchnotes, I believe. And as far as I remember, just before launching Heart of Nightmares the balancing server was not showing collection achievements. I believe they are a staple for every expansion, so no need to worries. :)

Legendary_G
07-08-2014, 02:21 PM
Just to check ,if we refer a friend and they buy seals ,will we get 10% of the seals?

tententai
07-08-2014, 04:56 PM
It's good to give the starter decks more easily, that was a huge turn down for beginners. Positive changes overall!

Now I just stop playing and (maybe) come back when I can buy the packs :p (was a paying player before, not anymore, until the new economy nonsense stops).

malkorion
07-08-2014, 05:16 PM
>.< I hate it when they change the wildcard prices like it's a joke.... ugh.

Otherwise good update on the duplicates.

Baraknur
07-08-2014, 06:31 PM
From when until when will be the server downtime?

TheRemini
07-09-2014, 01:13 AM
Are the prices for Heroics going down because I really want to buy Masfar.. Like.. RIght now lol...

Nin_
07-09-2014, 02:56 AM
Sorry if I missed anything (I'm not frequent in forums) but,
Can someone please confirm the dis/advantages of owning same card from legacy and not the base set II copy:

Base set II
+ Buying a pack ensures all cards obtained are usable in current standard format
+ Cheaper
- (guess) When BS3 arrives, BS2 copies of cards in BS3 won't be considered.

Legacy
+ You can easily obtain cards w/c are expansion-specific (eg. if I want Noburu, I'd buy from HOV for better chances)
+ More "legit" I guess LOL, costing more in the altar.
+ (guess) When BS3 arrives and you have a legacy copy of a BS3 card, you can use it too.
- More expensive

Thoughts? Thanks!

bwwuuuhhhh
07-09-2014, 04:21 AM
Sorry if I missed anything (I'm not frequent in forums) but,
Can someone please confirm the dis/advantages of owning same card from legacy and not the base set II copy:

Base set II
+ Buying a pack ensures all cards obtained are usable in current standard format
+ Cheaper
- (guess) When BS3 arrives, BS2 copies of cards in BS3 won't be considered.

Legacy
+ You can easily obtain cards w/c are expansion-specific (eg. if I want Noburu, I'd buy from HOV for better chances)
+ More "legit" I guess LOL, costing more in the altar.
+ (guess) When BS3 arrives and you have a legacy copy of a BS3 card, you can use it too.
- More expensive

Thoughts? Thanks!

There is zero difference between OWNING a card from BS2 or Legacy, with the ONE exception of Achievements. The advantages/disadvantages of BUYING a BS2 pack or Legacy Pack is simply a matter of "how much am I willing to spend to complete achievements and have wildcards".

Regards

HighLanderPony
07-09-2014, 07:59 AM
Great patch, a step in the right direction, can't wait to play!

A suggestion about the new VS screen: I'd like if the hero cards were displayed up close as soon as you started the match. Currently, they sit in their normal places, then bounce up for the close-up, then go into their places again. This whole back and forth looks a lil' poor.

blackdragonstor
07-09-2014, 01:27 PM
Some seals comming.
Sweet!

Still I wish there were more new achievements that were easy to complete.

Or some achievement that have to be completed in 1 month.
If you dont complete it the achievement is reset.
But it should not be too hard and have an appeling reward.

CrownAndDiadem
07-09-2014, 02:32 PM
1) Good to hear about Enthrall and Puppet M. being nerfed, but how about Soulreaver - especially if it can take down the whole stack of cards for only 4 resource?!
2) Another thing is why not giving the whole new series for some nice prize instead of buying a packs which are repeat with only few new cards! Not many want to do this and I had a friend who was buying it for real money and stopped because of that and is not playing the game because of it!
I talked to a man in a game shop and he told me this is the biggest mistake of this type of games - people buying packs over and over and it takes many buys to collect the whole series - so why not give the series for a reasonable prize? I think u would be surprised that u would make more money than with this present greedy system.

Thanks for nice game and have a nice day friend - God bless :)

blackdragonstor
07-09-2014, 02:48 PM
1) Good to hear about Enthrall and Puppet M. being nerfed, but how about Soulreaver - especially if it can take down the whole stack of cards for only 4 resource?!
2) Another thing is why not giving the whole new series for some nice prize instead of buying a packs which are repeat with only few new cards! Not many want to do this and I had a friend who was buying it for real money and stopped because of that and is not playing the game because of it!
I talked to a man in a game shop and he told me this is the biggest mistake of this type of games - people buying packs over and over and it takes many buys to collect the whole series - so why not give the series for a reasonable prize? I think u would be surprised that u would make more money than with this present greedy system.

Thanks for nice game and have a nice day friend - God bless :)

Soul reaver shouldnt be nerfed,because at the moment stacks are just getting on the field and only new expansion has stacks.
Later on the line if it becomes too deadly and overused it may be nerfed.

Nin_
07-09-2014, 03:06 PM
There is zero difference between OWNING a card from BS2 or Legacy, with the ONE exception of Achievements. The advantages/disadvantages of BUYING a BS2 pack or Legacy Pack is simply a matter of "how much am I willing to spend to complete achievements and have wildcards".

Regards
Thanks!, made me remember achievements being a thing too. Anyway, still, I'm a perfectionist and I always want the legacy version just b/c of the sentimental value xD

ioulios
07-09-2014, 03:13 PM
The 2-3 weeks rule isny changed huh?we should expect packs from new expansion in gold in 2-3 weeks right?

blzzrd89
07-09-2014, 03:21 PM
Soul reaver should be nerfed,because at the moment stacks are just getting on the field and only new expansion has stacks.
Later on the line if it becomes too deadly and overused it may be nerfed.
Soul reaver is rather balanced as it is now. Perhaps it is too early to judge, but I think that it is stacks mechanics what should be reworked, since even without a dark magic stacks are vulnerable to return to hand effects and any damage enough to reduce its size. And considering all these vulnerabilities, stacks do not look appropriately strong.

Naisutime
07-09-2014, 03:39 PM
Great, I started doing (and finished) the campaign last week and used 150k of the gold I got buy starter packs I lacked, I also used the rest to buy Heart of Nightmare boosters for 25k a pop...

Were we supposed to know about these economic changes like at least a little in advance? Cause I sure as hell didn't get the memo.

PresidentEth
07-09-2014, 03:54 PM
Did refer-a-friend still not make it this time?

Kimundi
07-09-2014, 04:01 PM
Did refer-a-friend still not make it this time?

Sadly no, but it should be coming really soon though !

The 2-3 weeks rule isny changed huh?we should expect packs from new expansion in gold in 2-3 weeks right?

Indeed!

Atban06
07-09-2014, 04:03 PM
Djinn Cloudshaper now requires 5 Might
Enthrall now costs 6 Resources
Puppet Master now costs 7 Resources

Regroup same cards of different series

Added a 'Hide Duplicate' filter in the deckbuilder to regroup same cards of different series.

http://m.memegen.com/f8wojt.jpg

Don't forget to nerf the Boneyard!

sfHong
07-09-2014, 04:36 PM
Great, I started doing (and finished) the campaign last week and used 150k of the gold I got buy starter packs I lacked, I also used the rest to buy Heart of Nightmare boosters for 25k a pop...

Were we supposed to know about these economic changes like at least a little in advance? Cause I sure as hell didn't get the memo.

Just like the 600K gold lack that happened on the previous patch ....
I guess that you've better either get use to stuff like this or quit this game...
Besides, those new packs are sold for seals only, I really have no idea how to continue playing this game...

Keynomaru
07-09-2014, 04:40 PM
Is the refer a friend in yet?

HighLanderPony
07-09-2014, 05:12 PM
Is the refer a friend in yet?

Read about 3 posts above to find out. : P

Kimundi
07-09-2014, 05:51 PM
Sadly, the Refer a Friend feature is not available yet, we are still missing a part of it. It should be available really soon.

Once it is ready, you won't need to update the game or even reboot, it will be the main page the next time you get on it :)

dSw0rD_h
07-09-2014, 06:13 PM
Nice job! Looking forward to start collecting cards, as soon as I get over my ladder anxiety :rolleyes:

X-tomas
07-09-2014, 06:23 PM
When you win gains some race in the Swiss tournament you don’t get starter pack. I have most of the cards so I don’t care but it is not good news for beginner players.

lamyche14
07-09-2014, 07:00 PM
When you win gains some race in the Swiss tournament you donít get starter pack. I have most of the cards so I donít care but it is not good news for beginner players.

same here :/

ZenityAlpha
07-09-2014, 07:03 PM
Great work programming team, after the update the game runs flawlessly on linux like it used to, yey! :D

Thanks guys!

EvianChrist
07-09-2014, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the great update. :)
But is it normal that BS2's epic are 8 WC worth ?

Cheburashki
07-09-2014, 07:23 PM
When you win gains some race in the Swiss tournament you donít get starter pack. I have most of the cards so I donít care but it is not good news for beginner players.

Considering Swiss is Weekly format including Open cards, it's not a place for beginner players to begin with...

Besides, those new packs are sold for seals only, I really have no idea how to continue playing this game...

The new packs will be available for gold after 2-3 weeks...

Yes, it's been stated before that prices for then-current sets will go down when new sets are released.

I feel bad for you community managers xd

Naisutime
07-09-2014, 11:38 PM
Yes, it's been stated before that prices for then-current sets will go down when new sets are released.

I feel bad for you community managers xd

I kinda expected the Heart of Nightmares pack thing, however I'm fairly bitter about the pre-made starter decks.

Cheburashki
07-10-2014, 01:03 AM
I kinda expected the Heart of Nightmares pack thing, however I'm fairly bitter about the pre-made starter decks.

Not much, but there as the two-day notice at least. xd Honestly though, I like this new way better. Just need to beat someone playing that faction once, then free starter deck.

Naisutime
07-10-2014, 09:29 AM
The new way is definitely hands down better for newer players, to put it this way, if I could go back in time I'd rather start now than after Heart of Nightmares which was when I started.

A two days notice is literally nothing, iirc most games I've played gives at least a weeks notice. Larger ones usually give even more.

Kimundi
07-10-2014, 09:29 AM

You need to win a "Quick Game" to unlock this achievement ;)

blackdragonstor
07-10-2014, 09:43 AM
Soul reaver is rather balanced as it is now. Perhaps it is too early to judge, but I think that it is stacks mechanics what should be reworked, since even without a dark magic stacks are vulnerable to return to hand effects and any damage enough to reduce its size. And considering all these vulnerabilities, stacks do not look appropriately strong.

I actually wanted to write shouldnt instead of should :)
So we agree that at this point soul reaver shouldnt be nerfed.

Kimundi
07-10-2014, 08:46 PM
The Refer a Friend feature is now LIVE !

It should on the main page, if it isn't just reload your game :)

thanasis
07-11-2014, 09:03 AM
Many positive changes with the last couple of patches, free starter decks, more campaign rewards, lower prices in the shop, cancelable quests.
What still needs to be done though is to have all the players who completed the campaign previously, receive the added rewards. This new feature is clearly a compensation for the changes made after BS2 that were unfavourable to players. Since the campaign rewards is something that is given only once, those that have already completed it are denied of this compensation. And considering that those who created their accounts after or 2-3 months before BS2 didn't have the chance to really benefit from the previous economy system, those players are unfairly left at an inferior position compared to everyone else that plays this game.