PDA

View Full Version : Warren Vidic = smartest man in the AC universe so far

Radman500
07-07-2014, 12:20 AM
he pretty much came up with the concept of the animus...and it was his work and theory that led to the creation of it, although lucy was the one that engineered it

LoyalACFan
07-07-2014, 12:20 AM
Da Vinci says hi.

Radman500
07-07-2014, 12:26 AM
Da Vinci says hi.
hmmm...

Shahkulu101
07-07-2014, 12:32 AM
Didn't he basically steal the entire idea and concept from subject one? I think I heard that in one of the AC4 audio log stories.

JustPlainQuirky
07-07-2014, 12:34 AM
Pretty sure he's an idiot. he did demand the apple for ransom and got himself shot because of it :p

LoyalACFan
07-07-2014, 12:37 AM
Pretty sure he's an idiot. he did demand the apple for ransom and got himself shot because of it :p

Oh, God... It still kills a little part of my soul every time I remember that scene.

Shahkulu101
07-07-2014, 12:44 AM
Oh, God... It still kills a little part of my soul every time I remember that scene.

I didn't think there was anything wrong with it, in fact I thought it was pretty badass. He's like 70 did you expect an epic fencing duel?

Now that mission as a whole on the other hand...

roostersrule2
07-07-2014, 12:46 AM
Oh, God... It still kills a little part of my soul every time I remember that scene.That is easily the worst scene in AC history.

TET63
07-07-2014, 12:46 AM
Vidic was a great character and they killed him off for no reason. They have no idea what they are doing with the present day stuff anymore. They killed off Vidic and Cross like it was nothing.

Shahkulu101
07-07-2014, 12:47 AM
That is easily the worst scene in AC history.

Ahmet + Ezio mid-air fist fight begs to differ.

LoyalACFan
07-07-2014, 12:49 AM
I didn't think there was anything wrong with it, in fact I thought it was pretty badass. He's like 70 did you expect an epic fencing duel?

Now that mission as a whole on the other hand...

No, but I expected him to remember that Desmond could actually use the freaking Apple :rolleyes: That, and I wanted to kill him myself, not have some unnamed security guard do it by proxy. Just another one of AC3's infamous "Press Square" assassinations.

I-Like-Pie45
07-07-2014, 12:50 AM

That scene is proof that video games are art.

roostersrule2
07-07-2014, 12:52 AM
Ahmet + Ezio mid-air fist fight begs to differ.Yea but that had an element of ultra badassness, a 50 year old soaring through the air stabbing people is pretty awesome.

LoyalACFan
07-07-2014, 12:53 AM
Yea but that had an element of ultra badassness, a 50 year old soaring through the air stabbing people is pretty awesome.

The fistfight scene did. The hang-gliding scene did not.

Shahkulu101
07-07-2014, 12:55 AM
Yea but that had an element of ultra badassness, a 50 year old soaring through the air stabbing people is pretty awesome.

No it isn't.

It's heart wrenching - it's epitomized the devolution of the franchise. Thank God AC4 cut down on set pieces and introduced improved assassinations.

roostersrule2
07-07-2014, 12:58 AM
The fistfight scene did. The hang-gliding scene did not.Ezio pioneered hang-gliding.

He should be given royalties.

No it isn't.

It's heart wrenching - it's epitomized the devolution of the franchise. Thank God AC4 cut down on set pieces and introduced improved assassinations.I'm not saying it was good but it was a helluva lot better then Vidic's assassination.

Megas_Doux
07-07-2014, 01:04 AM

Knock, knock:

VITORIA AGLI ASSASSINI!!!!!

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111231155910/assassinscreed/images/3/35/Roads_lead_to_3.png

Ugh.....

Back on topic, Da Vinci and Tesla beg to differ.

Jexx21
07-07-2014, 01:08 AM
Look at that badass Claudia.

I didn't have much issue with that Brotherhood scene to be honest.

also set pieces can be good shahk. Tomb Raider's set pieces practically made the game.

Calvarok
07-07-2014, 01:11 AM
he LED the animus program. he didn't do it by himself. And he was reverse engineering first civ tech, not creating something totally new. I'd say Aileen Bock was far more innovative, and would have had far greater success without Vidic's selfish opposition to the surrogate initiative, which pretty much everything Abstergo currently does relies on.

besides, inventing something important doesn't necessarily make you intelligent. I'm not saying Vidic wasn't smart, but I don't believe he was wise. His arrogance was his biggest flaw.

Shahkulu101
07-07-2014, 01:11 AM
@Jecks

Yes but crap, completely over the top set pieces don't belong in an AC game.

JustPlainQuirky
07-07-2014, 01:15 AM
I don't like set pieces that much. Probably why I didnt like tomb raider that much either.

t's basically a catch-all term for anything in a game that has little-to-no actual value in a playable, controllable game.

Set pieces in plays were typically wooden cutouts to create artifical environments for the characters to playact in. A classic example of video game set pieces would be those lovingly rendered rocks and trees in open-world environments that you can't interact with aside from moving along near them.

Basically Aa sequence of barely interactive quick-time events that could easily be replaced with a non-interactive cutscene.

Jexx21
07-07-2014, 01:17 AM
i'm a rare breed as I have little to no problem with quick time events.

roostersrule2
07-07-2014, 01:20 AM
The smartest man is easily Bartolomeo.

Calvarok
07-07-2014, 01:21 AM
Yes but crap, completely over the top set pieces don't belong in an AC game.
The mid-air fist-fight was not crappy.

and I don't think there was anything wrong with "Vittoria Ali Assassini". I don't think it was at all out of character for Ezio and his order, unlike Altair killing a sizable chunk of two armies at Arsuf. And I don't even like Brotherhood's story very much.

But i'd definitely be happier if AC games skipped the idea of a final "boss fight" and just made it a difficult assassination mission. If players want it to become a "boss fight" they should just upgrade all their combat stats, stock up on smoke bombs and bullets, and try to take everyone on.

Megas_Doux
07-07-2014, 01:25 AM
and I don't think there was anything wrong with "Vittoria Ali Assassini".

To me that war cry was just uber cheesy haha.

Shahkulu101
07-07-2014, 01:26 AM
I don't like set pieces that much. Probably why I didnt like tomb raider that much either.

t's basically a catch-all term for anything in a game that has little-to-no actual value in a playable, controllable game.

Set pieces in plays were typically wooden cutouts to create artifical environments for the characters to playact in. A classic example of video game set pieces would be those lovingly rendered rocks and trees in open-world environments that you can't interact with aside from moving along near them.

Basically Aa sequence of barely interactive quick-time events that could easily be replaced with a non-interactive cutscene.

In addition to set pieces, TR was a fun and solid game though. It's most definitely playable and controllable. Just like Uncharted.

JustPlainQuirky
07-07-2014, 01:28 AM
Ehhh tomb raider had a very unoriginal bland plot for me with generic characters. And the gameplay was essentially cover-based bow shooting the entire way through. With a set piece every now and then.

I dont regret buying it, as it's a good way to kill time for me, but I don't really consider it a GOOD game IMO. A fair one, but not good IMO.

But we can agree to disagree :p

Jexx21
07-07-2014, 01:30 AM
Tomb Raider was like my 2nd GOTY for 2013

first one being Splinter Cell: Blacklist

So Tomb Raider was a GREAT game for me :P

Shahkulu101
07-07-2014, 01:31 AM
Ehhh tomb raider had a very unoriginal bland plot for me with generic characters. And the gameplay was essentially cover-based bow shooting the entire way through. With a set piece every now and then.

I dont regret buying it, as it's a good way to kill time for me, but I don't really consider it a GOOD game IMO. A fair one, but not good IMO.

But we can agree to disagree :p

The puzzles were alright, too. And you completely missed the platforming, but yes I'm rather unsophisticated when it comes to games so I guess that's why I love UC, TR and TLoU.

JustPlainQuirky
07-07-2014, 01:32 AM
@jexx

Black Flag wasn't good enough, ay? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@shahk

ah i forgot about the platforming.

roostersrule2
07-07-2014, 01:32 AM
I love TR.

I have it as my equal second GOTY of last year too behind GTA V and equal with AC4.

I've never played a game with better set pieces, the story was pretty good and the gameplay was all it needed to be for the type of game TR was.

I don't mind set pieces in AC it's just that the ones we've had so far have been awful, I liked the ship one in ACR with the Greek fire but apart from that their isn't many good ones I can think of.

SixKeys
07-07-2014, 01:35 AM
The mid-air fist-fight was not crappy.

and I don't think there was anything wrong with "Vittoria Ali Assassini". I don't think it was at all out of character for Ezio and his order, unlike Altair killing a sizable chunk of two armies at Arsuf. And I don't even like Brotherhood's story very much.

But i'd definitely be happier if AC games skipped the idea of a final "boss fight" and just made it a difficult assassination mission. If players want it to become a "boss fight" they should just upgrade all their combat stats, stock up on smoke bombs and bullets, and try to take everyone on.

I really like AC2's final assassination mission. The fistfight with Rodrigo was a letdown, but getting to him without reaching full notoriety (so you got to hear that awesome hidden music track when fighting the Pope) was a proper challenge. You got to be both a tank and a stealth machine. It was really about using everything you had learned. That's what boss fights should be about IMO. ToKW had probably the second-best lead-up to the final boss, when you had to climb the pyramid by using all your spirit skills. And the fight against Washington himself was pretty epic, too.

Jexx21
07-07-2014, 01:35 AM
@jexx

Black Flag wasn't good enough, ay? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

not good enough to get on my GOTY list for 2013. It was fun, but I actually haven't fully played it yet (I rushed through the story), because I'm waiting to get it on PC. But I don't have money right now.

Megas_Doux
07-07-2014, 01:36 AM
TR was a GREAT game!!!!!

I was so connected with its story, that I felt sad every time Lara died haha.

JustPlainQuirky
07-07-2014, 01:38 AM
@jexx

I know that feel bro :p

ShoryukenMan
07-07-2014, 05:00 AM
Yeah, TR was fantastic. Definitely my game of the year for 2013. Still want to pick up the definitive version, but I'm waiting on it to become super cheap since I paid full price for the original when it first released.

Sesheenku
07-07-2014, 06:58 AM
Yeah, TR was fantastic. Definitely my game of the year for 2013. Still want to pick up the definitive version, but I'm waiting on it to become super cheap since I paid full price for the original when it first released.

I'm iffy on the matter, it's better in some aspects than the PC version but only some and I also put 70 hours into it ;P

pacmanate
07-07-2014, 04:01 PM
TR wasn't GOTY quality compared to TLoU. Not saying Tomb Raider is bad, but TLoU does everything better imo.

SixKeys
07-07-2014, 04:10 PM
Yeah, I loved TR but TLoU was my GOTY.

Jexx21
07-07-2014, 06:13 PM
I haven't played TLoU (yet)

so thus why Tomb Raider and Splinter Cell: Blacklist are my 2013 GOTY

JustPlainQuirky
07-07-2014, 06:18 PM
GOTY for me was:

Bioshock infinite/ Papers, Please / AC Black Flag

However games that I personally liked and would not necessarily reccomend to others would be:

Remember Me

pacmanate
07-07-2014, 10:38 PM
No AC game has ever been worthy of GoTY.

Megas_Doux
07-07-2014, 10:53 PM
ACīs games from me have ranged from 7.5 to 9, not GoTY material.

JustPlainQuirky
07-07-2014, 11:32 PM
Like I said it's what I would personally say is my GOTY

Jexx21
07-08-2014, 12:56 AM
I dunno, I consider ME3 and AC3 to be my secondary GOTYs for 2012. FC3 was my full GOTY.

Ureh
07-08-2014, 06:31 AM
Vidic was ok in AC1. But AC2 and onwards, nope! He manages to infiltrate the Assassin hangout with dozens of security guards and all he tells them to bring are sticks?! And that AC3 intro cutscene with Vidic holding the sword was unbelievable...

roostersrule2
07-09-2014, 05:27 AM
No AC game has ever been worthy of GoTY.AC2 back in 2009 was just about in every GOTY nominations list but only recieved four I think.

However there have always been better games in the years AC games have been released.

2007: ME1, Bioshock 1, Uncharted 1.
2009: Uncharted 2, BA:A (While I prefer AC2 the general consensus was that these two were better)
2010: RDR, ME2.
2011: Skyrim, Uncharted 3, BA:C.
2012: ME3, TWD, FC3.
2013: GTA V, TLOU, TR.

JustPlainQuirky
07-09-2014, 05:30 AM
I think you forgot the super popular fall out 3.

even tho idc about that game much

and what does BA:A stand for?

roostersrule2
07-09-2014, 05:37 AM

and what does BA:A stand for?Oh yea Fallout 3, I'm not a massive fan of Fallout really, much prefer TES.

It's Batman Arkham Asylum and BA:C is its overrated but still really good sequel.

I-Like-Pie45
07-09-2014, 05:38 AM

and what does BA:A stand for?
Fallout 3 should never be in anyone's GOTY list

JustPlainQuirky
07-09-2014, 05:41 AM
I just keep seeing super hype for fallout 4 everywhere so I assume fall out 3 was good.

Batman games look good but im not really interested in them ATM

roostersrule2
07-09-2014, 05:47 AM
I just keep seeing super hype for fallout 4 everywhere so I assume fall out 3 was good.

Batman games look good but im not really interested in them ATMI can definitely see why people like FO3, I just didn't. I think the wait for it has also made it more hyped.

The Batman games are tank, I haven't played Origins or really paid any attention to Arkahm Knight but they're overall really great games.

Ureh
07-09-2014, 06:17 AM
Yea I doubt Vidic would like FO3 either. Too much freedom, not enough hand holding.

Jexx21
07-09-2014, 06:55 AM
New Vegas was far better than Fallout 3, but I loved both and I'm looking forward to Fallout 4 because if they can take what made Skyrim great, and then take what made New Vegas great (the factions and the story and it's ambiguity and the choices) and combine them that would be great. Skyrim was also good on ambiguity on a certain level, in the fact that they don't really do the whole "good or evil" options for the main path, and obviously there's the Brotherhood of Assassins that are supposed to be "evil," but they've been in all TES games.

Jexx21
07-09-2014, 06:58 AM
2013: GTA V, TLOU, TR.

you're forgetting Splinter Cell: Blacklist.