PDA

View Full Version : Need a new direction for the series -- TEMPLAR'S GREED

jarikay
07-06-2014, 02:43 AM
Playing as an assassin has been amazing, don't get me wrong. However, lately we've seen a departure from the more "Assassin" aspects of the story into a more fun and exciting type of game. In other words a departure from classic Assassin's Creed. Which is fine considering Black Flag was AMAZING. I've always found the Templar's to be very interesting in the game. Haytham Kenway in AC3 was by far a much more interesting character then Connor, in my opinion. If we had the chance to play as him instead I believe it probably could have lead to an overall better experience. Anyways, I just wanted this communities opinion of a game based on the Templar side of things.

Jexx21
07-06-2014, 02:45 AM
don't insult Connor on this forum

many people will dislike you for it and an argument will start

----

I love Connor.

----

Templar's Greed is a terrible name.
But I do think that we should have a game where we play as a Templar. I also think it should be a linear game.

Shahkulu101
07-06-2014, 02:48 AM
Linear and filled with QTE's and made by David cage. :)

My dream. <3

jarikay
07-06-2014, 02:55 AM
Not insulting Connor, I loved his fighting style over other assassins, as well as his story. I will argue that perhaps Haytham Kenway had the potential for a better RELEVANT story line in the overall series considering his very conflicted past as an ex-assassin.

Jexx21
07-06-2014, 02:58 AM
Haytham was never an Assassin though.

LoyalACFan
07-06-2014, 03:58 AM
If they ever do make a purely Templar game, I hope they stay far away from the "bad guy" angle. What we need is to make the Templars interesting, compelling, and multidimensional antagonists again, not paint them as strictly evil. If Comet gets announced with a "play as the bad guy" tagline, I probably won't even buy it. And I definitely won't buy it if it's linear.

rickprog
07-06-2014, 03:59 AM
I guess I'm one of the few who would actually prefer an AC game that went back to being bonded to the Assassin's traditions and creed itself than one that went totally away from it. Not saying the templar game couldn't be good, anyway.

I particularly enjoyed Connor because he wasn't elegant or sassy, if you will. He was definitely strong willed, focused and awkward at times, which led him to contrast a lot with Ezio. And his story was quite relevant if you ask me. He brought down the colonial Templar order almost by himself and started rebuilding the Assassin order in the colonies as well, and from what we know, he did quite well at it.

JustPlainQuirky
07-06-2014, 04:54 AM
I prefer the name Templar's Will. :p

If they ever do make a purely Templar game, I hope they stay far away from the "bad guy" angle. What we need is to make the Templars interesting, compelling, and multidimensional antagonists again, not paint them as strictly evil. If Comet gets announced with a "play as the bad guy" tagline, I probably won't even buy it. And I definitely won't buy it if it's linear.

this. so much this.

make the templars seem like the reasonable ones for once. and the assassins being the ones who are going too far with freedom.

Calvarok
07-06-2014, 05:53 AM
Connor was the closest we've gotten since Altair to playing as a real assassin who's trained from an early age to be an assassin and do assassin things. But even his experience was pretty different, since the entire sect of the order he joined had been obliterated except for its mentor and a few allies. He was very much on his own for most of the game (until he rebuilt a little bit of the order and got Achilles fully back on board), and that kinda takes away from the feeling of being part of a "brotherhood".

So no, I don't think we need less Assassin-focused games. I think Unity is right to go back to the idea of a true Assassin game, though it seems that coexists with Arno's more personal goals, which is good too. I don't ever want an Assassin who's just Agent 47, with no motivations for belonging to the order besides it being their job.

After a few more games like that, maybe then we can start talking about an entirely templar-focused game.

Oh, and Haytham is cool, but I really didn't like him anywhere near as much as I liked Connor.

JustPlainQuirky
07-06-2014, 05:55 AM
Connor was the closest we've gotten since Altair to playing as a real assassin who's trained from an early age to be an assassin and do assassin things. But even his experience was pretty different, since the entire sect of the order he joined had been obliterated except for its mentor and a few allies. He was very much on his own for most of the game (until he rebuilt a little bit of the order and got Achilles fully back on board), and that kinda takes away from the feeling of being part of a "brotherhood".

So no, I don't think we need less Assassin-focused games. I think Unity is right to go back to the idea of a true Assassin game, though it seems that coexists with Arno's more personal goals, which is good too. I don't ever want an Assassin who's just Agent 47, with no motivations for belonging to the order besides it being their job.

After a few more games like that, maybe then we can start talking about an entirely templar-focused game.

Oh, and Haytham is cool, but I really didn't like him anywhere near as much as I liked Connor.

Connor never felt like a 'real' assassin to me. He wasn't really dedicated to the creed. He kind of just served his own motivations. And we never really saw altair be raised at an early age. Unless you're talking about some spin-off game I havent played.

I felt altair was the closest to agent 47 we got.

Jexx21
07-06-2014, 06:39 AM
read The Secret Crusade

and I dunno, I feel like Connor really adopted the teachings of the Assassins, which AC3 as a whole should have had more of. Why did AC3 skip the history and philosophy of the Assassins? They shouldn't have skipped that at all because it's during those times that they can really expand on the teachings of the Creed.

LoyalACFan
07-06-2014, 07:59 AM
read The Secret Crusade.

A novel released four years after the fact is hardly sufficient. Mayrice's point stands. Altair was little more than a cardboard cutout in AC1, the fact that they retconned in some emotion at a later date doesn't change that.

Jexx21
07-06-2014, 05:21 PM
I would hardly call it a retcon, seeing as it changed nothing that happened in AC1.

In any case I was referring to this: And we never really saw altair be raised at an early age. Unless you're talking about some spin-off game I havent played.

Not any thing regarding Agent 47. You don't need to be a jerk about it.

Hans684
07-06-2014, 07:43 PM
I just wanted this communities opinion of a game based on the Templar side of things.

First of all, "Templar's Greed" is a terrible name. Don't say it again, it's that bad.

Other than that I'm open to the idea of a Templar focused series, just like the Assassin's Creed series is always Assassin focused.

Jexx21
07-06-2014, 07:44 PM
Also not all Templars are greedy :/

If they're going to have a Templar game, they actually shouldn't deviate from the name "Assassin's Creed" at all.

roostersrule2
07-06-2014, 07:49 PM
Also not all Templars are greedy :/

If they're going to have a Templar game, they actually shouldn't deviate from the name "Assassin's Creed" at all.Depends if it's a one off spin-off.

If so, then yes keep the AC brand but if it was turned into it's own series then no it'd have to have it's own name.

Templar's Creed sounds a little cheesy, Templar's Greed is awful and is wrong really, Templar's Will isn't to bad, perhaps the Order of the Templar's.

Or Templar's **** yea!

Locopells
07-06-2014, 07:53 PM
Try Templar's Order.

Covers both the Templar Order, and the fact that their creed is order.

GunnerGalactico
07-06-2014, 07:57 PM
Try Templar's Order.

Covers both the Templar Order, and the fact that their creed is order.

Templar's Order has a nice ring to it :p

Shahkulu101
07-06-2014, 07:59 PM
They should call it Father of Understanding.

JustPlainQuirky
07-06-2014, 08:02 PM
Templar's Order works

but Haytham said himself they require no Creed or Brotherhood so...

Shahkulu101
07-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Templar's Order works

but Haytham said himself they require no Creed or Brotherhood so...

Father of Understanding. The best name.

JustPlainQuirky
07-06-2014, 08:09 PM
Pffft Father of Understanding sounds like some Mavis Beacon learning software.

Shahkulu101
07-06-2014, 08:19 PM
The Father of Understanding is the Templar motto, insult the writers not me...

I think that since they covered what guides the Assassin's, their Creed, they should show in more detail what guides the Templars - The Father of Understanding. Which I believe is an entity created by the Templars in order to keep to guide themselves, in a way that they intend to guide the people.

JustPlainQuirky
07-06-2014, 08:21 PM
Not insulting it.

I like how the templars say it.

But naming a game 'Father of Understanding' is just bad for marketing

Locopells
07-06-2014, 08:22 PM
That's why I went with Templar's Order - has a nice marketable ring to it, IMO.

JustPlainQuirky
07-06-2014, 08:25 PM
But templars don't rely on an order. They require no creed or indoctrine thingy. :p

I went with Templar's Will because Templar's Goals (though suggested by Darby) sounds too lame IMO.

Though if they went with Templar's Order for name simplicity I'd be down for that I guess.

Shahkulu101
07-06-2014, 08:26 PM
I don't think names really matter.

I mean The Last of Us doesn't really roll off the tongue smoothly and the writing takes up half the game case and nobody cares...

And they are still an Order, they frequently refer to themselves as such. They can still be an order and work free from indoctrination.

JustPlainQuirky
07-06-2014, 08:27 PM
The Last of Us sounds a lot better than generic 'dead' titled zombie games. Dead island, dead rising, the walking dead, l4d, etc.

Shahkulu101
07-06-2014, 08:30 PM
The Last of Us sounds a lot better than generic 'dead' titled zombie games. Dead island, dead rising, the walking dead, l4d, etc.

Good point.

I just thought Father Of Understanding, kind of captured the essence of the Templars.

JustPlainQuirky
07-06-2014, 08:33 PM
It does.

Still a bad title tho IMO.

if i saw a game titled that i prolly wouldnt buy it

Shahkulu101
07-06-2014, 08:35 PM
Reasons being? I think it's an intriguing, thought provoking title for people who haven't heard of the Templars or just never took notice of the motto.

Hans684
07-06-2014, 08:37 PM
To bad the name The Order is taken.

Father Of Understanding is a good name but it, I don't know.

Templar's Order is a great name with a nice ring to it.

Templar's Will is just a fine name, not much to say about it.

Templar's Goals doesn't sound good at all, it's at least better than Templar's Greed.

New World is a fitting title, it's also their ultimate goal. A new world where the Templars are the ones in control.

rickprog
07-06-2014, 09:26 PM
Wouldn't it be too tied to Assassin's Creed to change the name? It would be a game or game series related to the order that opposes the Assassins, after all... I don't know, I find it to be too related to try to make something too separate of it :confused:

Hans684
07-06-2014, 09:41 PM
Wouldn't it be too tied to Assassin's Creed to change the name? It would be a game or game series related to the order that opposes the Assassins, after all... I don't know, I find it to be too related to try to make something too separate of it :confused:

Because it's "Assassin's Creed". That is the reason you will get, anyway because of that view on things it has to be a separate series if not it won't be "Assassin's Creed". I've never been found of the idea that AC is Assassin's only because the series isn't named "Assassin's". It's named "Assassin's Creed" ignoring the Creed part of the name is something I find funny. According to the name it's the Creed of several Assassins, it do imply different views of the Creed(example: Black Flag or AC3). I understand the confusion but consider the current view on the series it's better to give the Templars a series of their own, if not Assassin's Creed will loose the only important part; Assassin's. The Creed part is ignored anyway when talking about what the series is. People would scream "It's not "Templar's Creed"(while ignoring the Creed part of the name) but "Assassin's Creed.""(while ignoring the Creed part again)

Jexx21
07-06-2014, 10:22 PM
It does.

Still a bad title tho IMO.

if i saw a game titled that i prolly wouldnt buy it

why? just because it's titled that? That's a stupid reason.

Father of Understanding is automatically better than any title that actually has the word Templar in it, because if it's "Templar's <insert whatever the hell you want here>" it just sounds like they're trying to copy the AC title and put Templar into it.

JustPlainQuirky
07-06-2014, 10:33 PM
why? just because it's titled that? That's a stupid reason.

Father of Understanding is automatically better than any title that actually has the word Templar in it, because if it's "Templar's <insert whatever the hell you want here>" it just sounds like they're trying to copy the AC title and put Templar into it.

No I mean if I was a casual consumer who never heard AC or wasn't too invested in it enough to get the reference, then I probably wouldn't be drawn to it. Its title doesn't do well to tell you what it's about. At least not from a casual standpoint IMO

And yes that is kind of what we were going for.

Jexx21
07-06-2014, 10:49 PM
going for a title like Assassin's Creed is sort of stupid because

A. It feels like a parody title
B. It feels cheesy
C. It implies that Assassins and Templars have the same sort of outlook on things which isn't true

JustPlainQuirky
07-06-2014, 10:58 PM
Well I see it as they have opposite methods of the same goal. So having similar (and at the same time opposite) titles feels fitting IMO.

Also it would make it obvious to casual consumers it's supposed to be a templar version of AC.

LoyalACFan
07-06-2014, 11:57 PM
If they actually do make a Templar game, there's no way they're going to abandon the Assassin's Creed name. Don't forget that they aren't just marketing these games toward longtime fans who know what Templars are within the AC canon. If they make a game called Templar's Order (or whatever) and stick some hoodless guy on the cover, they're shooting themselves in the foot because they've forsaken (heh) the iconic quality of the brand name.

Jexx21
07-07-2014, 12:07 AM
yea it's more likely they'll be like Shadow of Mordor where Middle-earth is in small print (on that note, does it bug anyone else that earth isn't capitalized in Middle-earth wherever the game is mentioned? It looks really odd to me).

SixKeys
07-07-2014, 12:08 AM
How about The Knights Templar for a title?

JustPlainQuirky
07-07-2014, 12:09 AM
I dunno.

Do they even call each other knights anymore?

Shahkulu101
07-07-2014, 12:10 AM
Well it's how the order started - and they could go for an origin story for the first game.

Locopells
07-07-2014, 12:11 AM
yea it's more likely they'll be like Shadow of Mordor where Middle-earth is in small print (on that note, does it bug anyone else that earth isn't capitalized in Middle-earth wherever the game is mentioned? It looks really odd to me).

Me...I'm OCD like that...

Jexx21
07-07-2014, 12:14 AM
I could get behind a title like "The Knights Templar"

Hell, the knight should become the general motif for Templars, like the eagle for Assassins.

LoyalACFan

I'm fairly certain that's how Tolkien himself transcribed it.

SixKeys
I dunno.

Do they even call each other knights anymore?

Do the assassins even have a creed anymore? :rolleyes:

Half-serious here: they haven't mentioned the three tenets for the last 3 games as I recall. "Nothing is true, everything is permitted" is a nice slogan, but it's the tenets that really make up the creed and they seem to have forgotten about them. So if the Templars technically don't have knights anymore, neither do the assassins have a creed.

Jexx21
07-07-2014, 12:17 AM
Nothing is true, everything is permitted is the maxim, which is basically what the Creed is supposed to amount up to. I do think there should be more talks about the creed and the philosophies behind it however.

I was always thinking that since the Templars wanted a nice hidden weapon for a while (they were trying to design their own hidden blade), they should try and make a "hidden" sword. Think Corvo's folding blade from Dishonored.

JustPlainQuirky
07-07-2014, 12:40 AM
I like the Shadow of Mordor idea.

-Assassin's Creed-
Knights of the Order :rolleyes:

@Jexx

YEEEEEEEEEEEES

Templars need their own signature weapon. Agreed on the sword idea, since most templars have swords.

They have their jewelry crosses.
They have their swords.
Now give them nice hats.
Not all modern assassins have hoods.
So not all modern templars will have fancy hats.
Just give them something distinguishable pls! I need this for cosplay reasons! :rolleyes:

I-Like-Pie45
07-07-2014, 12:42 AM
Ponies

SixKeys
07-07-2014, 12:56 AM
What about Templar rings for a secret weapon? They could hide tiny poison needles.

JustPlainQuirky
07-07-2014, 12:58 AM
What about Templar rings for a secret weapon? They could hide tiny poison needles.

Yes.

http://www.juliemorganbooks.com/uploads/2/3/8/2/23823671/7255127_orig.gif

Edit:

But what about the templars who have necklaces instead?

Shahkulu101
07-07-2014, 01:00 AM
The necklace could extended and be used to choke people to death.

Jexx21
07-07-2014, 01:02 AM
no, just folding swords.

that's what I want. :P

JustPlainQuirky
07-07-2014, 01:16 AM
And tricorn hats :p

Jexx21
07-07-2014, 01:19 AM
no I'd rather have helmets like templar knights

JustPlainQuirky
07-07-2014, 01:26 AM
Give them a cape then.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140118214413/assassinscreed/images/thumb/d/db/AC1_Robert_render.png/88px-AC1_Robert_render.png
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130406163100/assassinscreed/images/thumb/e/ef/ACB_Rodrigo_render.png/69px-ACB_Rodrigo_render.png
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130406153037/assassinscreed/images/thumb/1/19/ACB_Cesare_render.png/91px-ACB_Cesare_render.png
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130805143953/assassinscreed/images/thumb/3/36/AC3_Haytham_Kenway_render.png/82px-AC3_Haytham_Kenway_render.png

Templars love their capes.

roostersrule2
07-07-2014, 01:28 AM
They can also have hoverboards so they can chase down assassins Marty Mcfly style.

JustPlainQuirky
07-07-2014, 01:29 AM
They can also have hoverboards so they can chase down assassins Marty Mcfly style.

Ubisoft needs to hire you STAT :rolleyes:

Jexx21
07-07-2014, 01:31 AM
Assassin's Creed needs motorcycles

Shahkulu101
07-07-2014, 01:33 AM
Assassin's Creed needs motorcycles

Desmond's motorcycle.

It was given to Otso Berg and modified by Abstergo. It flies and farts rainbows.

roostersrule2
07-07-2014, 01:36 AM
Ubisoft needs to hire you STAT :rolleyes:Pfff

I am Ubi, I do the hiring.

Jexx21
07-07-2014, 01:38 AM
Desmond's motorcycle.

It was given to Otso Berg and modified by Abstergo. It flies and farts rainbows.

on a more serious note I actually want a Ubisoft game that gives us a dedicated, personal vehicle. Like the Batmobile for Batman. Or like Link's horse in Twilight Princess or the horses for Darksiders.

JustPlainQuirky
07-07-2014, 01:40 AM
@jexx

Templars can afford their own fancy. :p

@rooster

provide me with an internship pls. also pay for my transportation.

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/lebron-james-celebrates-game-winning-3-against-golden-state.gif?w=640&h=369

Jexx21
07-07-2014, 01:42 AM
But really, I hope Arkham Knight begins a trend of dedicated supervehicles :/

Shahkulu101
07-07-2014, 01:42 AM
Brotherhood should have gave us a personal horse.

And she would be named Agnes. Her coat a glossy, ashen red.

roostersrule2
07-07-2014, 01:44 AM
The only way to get into Ubisoft is to undergo a certain amount of challenges such as running across mine fields and also you must prepare an essay on how good Paul Revere's Midnight ride was. The latter has killed many a hopefuls.

Or we could make some financial arrangement. :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
07-07-2014, 01:45 AM
Brotherhood should have gave us a personal horse.

And she would be named Agnes. Her coat a glossy, ashen red.

I wanted my own personal horse yes.

I would probably shoot it. :rolleyes:

But really, I hope Arkham Knight begins a trend of dedicated supervehicles :/

I agree somewhat.

Would be cool, but don't want it to be overpowered.

The only way to get into Ubisoft is to undergo a certain amount of challenges such as running across mine fields and also you must prepare an essay on how good Paul Revere's Midnight ride was. The latter has killed many a hopefuls.

Or we could make some financial arrangement. :rolleyes:

Challenge accepted.

Also why do people hate that ride? It took me like two seconds and he only really talks if you tell him to :p

Shahkulu101
07-07-2014, 01:47 AM
>Customizable horse and carriage for Templar game.

Want.

JustPlainQuirky
07-07-2014, 01:48 AM

Want.

YEEEEEES. With my own fancy carriage driver and everything!

http://www.somegif.com/gifs/13634300731559302005.GIF

roostersrule2
07-07-2014, 01:50 AM

Want.And for the Assassin game.

JustPlainQuirky
07-07-2014, 01:52 AM
Assassins can't afford such luxuries. Carriage rider Templar master race. :cool:

Shahkulu101
07-07-2014, 01:54 AM
And for the Assassin game.

No.

Make it so Templars can't parkour and you need to use horse and carriage. The Assassin's don't need such things.

JustPlainQuirky
07-07-2014, 01:56 AM
Yes. The templars aren't as agile. (most IMO) They must use their brain and stealth instead.

And money.

:p

roostersrule2
07-07-2014, 01:59 AM
No.

Make it so Templars can't parkour and you need to use horse and carriage. The Assassin's don't need such things.I think the game would almost need parkour, traversing in a historical city with no parkour would suck even with a horse and carriage.

JustPlainQuirky
07-07-2014, 02:01 AM
I think the game would almost need parkour, traversing in a historical city with no parkour would suck even with a horse and carriage.

Ehhhh maybe.

But I say you have to go through harsh training if you want to be able to do parkour.

Because I imagine most templars arent as agile as assassins. Nor do I see them as rooftop jumpers

Jexx21
07-07-2014, 02:03 AM
that's why I think a Templar game should be linear with limited parkour.

roostersrule2
Ehhhh maybe.

But I say you have to go through harsh training if you want to be able to do parkour.

Because I imagine most templars arent as agile as assassins. Nor do I see them as rooftop jumpersMost Templar's in AC could do parkour though.

JustPlainQuirky
that's why I think a Templar game should be linear with limited parkour.

Agreed. I also agree on your branching talking system.

It would be more investigative-ish

Most Templar's in AC could do parkour though.

I'm talkin' 'bout hardcore parkour yo :p

Jexx21
07-07-2014, 02:05 AM
Most Templar's in AC could do parkour though.

so could most civilians..

it's because that's how the engine does it.

roostersrule2
07-07-2014, 02:07 AM
Agreed. I also agree on your branching talking system.

It would be more investigative-ishLike Mass Effect or The Witcher?

If so it wouldn't work, because we're reliving someone's life not making our own choices.

In the MD it'd work however.

I'm talkin' 'bout hardcore parkour yo :pWell Haytham had all the moves of an Assassin and a lot of the people you chase had the same parkouring skills of an Assassin.

so could most civilians..

it's because that's how the engine does it.Well then that would render every chase sequence non-canon, which would be incorrect.

Templar's are every bit as good as Assassins at parkour if the games are anything to go by.

JustPlainQuirky
07-07-2014, 02:09 AM
I want a templar game based on this event

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/577900900814579155/7C3698D3B14795EBAE1D37BA386D28268C387036/

So essentially the Comet theory with haytham, achillese, the first assassins settler who died, and adewale. And maybe Connor and Eseosa in the future.

@rooster

Haytham is an exception.

Haytham's agility is powered by his class. :cool:

Jexx21
07-07-2014, 02:09 AM
Haytham was raised to be an Assassin though.

roostersrule2
07-07-2014, 02:14 AM
Haytham was raised to be an Assassin though.Until he was 10.

It would have had minimal impact on his skills.

Shahkulu101
07-07-2014, 02:18 AM
Templars should have land naval

POE let's ships float in the atmosphere

JustPlainQuirky
07-07-2014, 02:24 AM
Templars should have land naval

POE let's ships float in the atmosphere

Let's go all the way.

SPACE NAVAL ( ͡į ͜ʖ ͡į)

roostersrule2
07-07-2014, 02:30 AM
This should have been AC3's naval.

Aye there be swears in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOJCmPKaYN8&amp;feature=kp

Xstantin
07-07-2014, 02:59 PM
MP Templars were pretty agile so going by that it shouldn't be a problem for them to create a Templar who is just as fast and deadly as the Assassins.

pacmanate
07-07-2014, 03:07 PM
I want a templar game based on this event

So essentially the Comet theory with haytham, achillese, the first assassins settler who died, and adewale. And maybe Connor and Eseosa in the future.

Its ACHILLES.

"Achillese" isn't a word.

I-Like-Pie45
07-07-2014, 03:12 PM
Grammar Nazis aren't cool

Mr_Shade
07-07-2014, 03:14 PM
Grammar Nazis aren't cool

I think, technically, it's spelling - not grammar?

Anyhooo - I'm sure we all know what was meant, so lets not dwell.

pacmanate
07-07-2014, 03:32 PM
I think, technically, it's spelling - not grammar?

Anyhooo - I'm sure we all know what was meant, so lets not dwell.

http://www.elciofernando.com.br/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/burn2.jpg

Mr_Shade
07-07-2014, 03:37 PM
snip

The 'Anyhooo - I'm sure we all know what was meant, so lets not dwell.' was aimed at you - for picking fault at others spelling..

Even though others are just as quick to correct, lets not dwell on it..

;)

pacmanate
07-07-2014, 03:49 PM
The 'Anyhooo - I'm sure we all know what was meant, so lets not dwell.' was aimed at you - for picking fault at others spelling..

Even though others are just as quick to correct, lets not dwell on it..

;)

http://mylolface.com/assets/faces/okay-okay.jpg

gielie_vichte
07-13-2014, 05:32 PM
I personally would really like to play as a Templar. I've heard the rumours about Comet and I'm looking forward to see what it will be, but for now I have to stall the story on AC3 as Haytham...
Wich I find a verry interesting personality

JustPlainQuirky
07-13-2014, 05:39 PM
already plenty threads on this.

but I agree. :p

Edit:

I didn't even know I spelled something wrong and Pac got on my case about it.

Shows how lazy I am for not bothering to go check the previous page til now. :rolleyes:

gielie_vichte
07-13-2014, 08:07 PM
I was a bit lazy myself to check if there were allready threads concerning this topic...

Assplorer_
07-16-2014, 03:55 PM
The Templar Order or The Order of the Knights Templar are pretty cool names for a game about Templars.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091222092238/assassinscreed/images/thumb/d/dc/Knights.png/250px-Knights.png

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-16-2014, 03:57 PM
The Templar Order or Templar's Order for me :)

steveeire
07-16-2014, 04:04 PM
meh I wouldn't be really interested as playing as the bad guys.

m4r-k7
07-16-2014, 04:10 PM
I bet you in the final game it will turn out that all this time the Assassins have been the bad guys and the templars have been the good guys lol

The_Pashker-Man
08-01-2014, 02:03 PM
Hi!

As you know (or not) Arno adopted by a Templer that murdered mysteriously when Arno was 8 years old. Since he joined the assassins and went on a journey of redemption.
But what would happen if his father had not been assassinated? Do Arno the assassin would be Victor the Templar? (Full name of Arno is Arno Victor Dorian)

Here enters the DLC of Unity presents a parallel world (like the dlc of ac3) and for the first time we will play as a Templar.
So here is the intro and one of the missions in the dlc, the way I see it.

Happy reading!

Versailles 1776, the mansion of the Dorian family ....

Lit candle on the nightstand bed room which was big and dark. It was late at night, under the covers lay a boy of about eight, his father sat beside him. "Why we're not going to Paris anymore?" The boy asked innocently. "Arno, I know how you want to leave the mansion, but the situation does not allow it," said father of Arno, leaning extinguish the candle.
"These are people who work in the dark that watching us?" Ask Arno. "Do not worry Arno Soon it will end," said his father, blew out the candle and left the room, closing the door behind him. He nodded to the servant in the hallway and walked on. Arno's father stopped in front of a double high wooden door, he took a deep breath and opens the doors.

Near the wood burning fireplace stood a man wearing a long coat with epaulettes with a Red Cross on them. The man stood in front of the big window overlooking the entire area of the estate and beyond, the father of Arno began to walk toward him. "You must help me!" Arno's father said to the man. "You served in the order faithfully, but the assassins will not stop till you die" the man said and turned to him.

The fire lit up his face darkly, "I was more worried yours wife and young Arno" said the man walked to the door, passing by the father of Arno, "If I was you, I would not go to sleep tonight," he said. Arno's father grabbed his arm before leaving the room, "What about Elise? you're not worried for Her?" Ask father of Arno. The man chuckled slightly, dislodging it from the Father, "to a real Templer you don't need to worry," he said and left the room.

Face of the Father of Arno was startled and anxiety pervaded all over. He felt his throat, horrified by the thought of what might happen tonight. He moved to the big window, "do not be afraid, I am one of the main Templers, I'm stronger than the threat coming at me," he said. "Even if my wife is the daughter of assassins and my son is not my real son, does not mean they are not real Templars" said the father of Arno.

Suddenly he froze, his hand resting on his sword and he looked down at the path leading to the mansion, he saw a mysterious figure wearing a hood leaning bushes adorning the path. He sighed in relief and returned the sword to its place after the character has lowered the cap of the hood. "It's just your wife, you start to become paranoid," he said and turned around.

"Surprise" said a man who stood in front of him, wearing a hood and a knife out of his hand was attached to his neck. "You'll be sorry," said the father of the Arno and threw the sword away. "the chase after you caused a lot of damage to the Brotherhood, it's time to pay for your crimes, Templar!" Shouted the man.

Arno's eyes opened wide, he threw back the covers and wrapped one as a hood. He stood on the edge of the bed and looked down on a pile of blankets, "Synchronization completed" said a computerized female voice and Arno jumped down. He left the room and walked down the hall sleepy, blanket in tow, "Dad?" Asked Arno scared when he stopped in front of the double doors of the great room.

Man wearing a hood standing with his back to him and held a knife to the neck of his father, "What?" Said the man surprised and turned around. In Fast motion Arno's father grabbed the man's head and pushed him beside the large window, the window broke and shards of glass cut all the man's face as he falls out the window down. The Man landed in one of the bushes and ran along the path leading to the mansion.

Arno's father looked out. His long coat flapping in the breeze coming from the window. The hooded man ran and ran until he encountered a woman who went to. Arnaud came over to him and looked well down the path they started to fight when the woman tried to arrest the hooded man. "Nooooo!" Suddenly shouted the father of Arno, seeing his wife fell to the ground in silence and hooded man leaving the body.

Arno's father caught Arno and hugged him tight frightened look away from his mother. "I will not let them take you away from me," said the father of the Arno and in his voice could hear the anger. He reached into his shirt, pulled out a pendant of a cross and put it in the hand of Arno and closed it tightly. "No matter what happens, always remember who you are," he said and went to hug his son strong. "Memory Completed"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1789, somewhere in Paris ...

The small room was made of old bricks and filled with mold. smell of decay and urine. Iron chain noise sound heard when the person wearing a blue hood moved. He was tied to the floor, his hands were tied to the side walls and his gaze was lowered down. His hair wet with blood and near his feet was a wooden bowl for needs. The room was dark and the man did not see anything in the dark.

Wooden door suddenly opened and the light began to fill the room. The man blinked and looked down. "I told you everything I know about the apple," said the man like pleading. At the entrance stood a young man, wearing a long black coat, "After all those years of persecution you, I would thought you are tougher than that" the man said and closed the door behind him.

"I do not mind the apple, I'm here for you, look at me!" Shouted the man and began to approach the man with a hood and placed the candle on the floor. "I said look at me!" Shouted the man again and grabbed the man's head and took his hat off. Face full of scars exposed now and he looked at the young man before him, "You ... you are the kid" said the man.

The young man's eyes filled with anger, "You killed my mother, my father i was still understand why but my mother?" The man asked. "It was an accident!" The hooded man said. "Liar! she Had nothing to do with the stupid war between the Assassins and Templars !" The man shouted and punched his face. "You threatened my father, a man that who cared order, to citizens, helping people, is this the goal of the Assassins?" The man asked.

The hooded man looked up at him, "There is no day that I do not think about it, I'm sorry, I was just followed orders," said the man and stepped back when the young man pulled out a knife from his hand. "It belongs to you, there are many more in my collection, one for which assassin i killed to get to you," said the man and raised his hand, ready to strike. The hooded man stood firm, not afraid of death.

The young man broke the chains and set the assassin on his feet that trembled and stood behind him, tied his hands with a rope. He reached into his shirt and pulled out a pendant of a red cross and held him tight, "as you've ruined my world, now i will destroy your world!" He said angrily and urged him to move forward.

The door swung open and the sunlight dazzled the hooded man's face, before them stood a row of soldiers are surrounded the two and started to move with them, through the angry crowd. Troops making a road through the crowd massed near the stage, voices were heard from all sides contempt and various objects thrown at them. One of the objects hit the young man's face and scratched the side of his nose, he motioned to one of the soldiers and kept walking. Leaving behind some soldiers that began beating the man who threw the object.

They stopped at the steps that leading to the stage, the hooded man looked at the guillotine in the center of the stage. "They will come to save me," he said to the young man. The young man looked away into the crowd and his vision went wrong, everything became dark and in the crowd were a number of characters that glows in red, "They're already here," he said and they stood in front of the stage.

"boo to the Templars! Victory to the assassins!" There were shouts to the young man. He raised his gun and fired into the air, "Quiet! Can not you see it? Since the dawn of the history the Assassins and Templars fought," said the young man to the audience. "Always Templars were presented as evil, why? all we want is the good of the people, we need order! It is also the desire of the assassins , but they work in the dark, and who works in the dark, represents the darkness!" He continued to say out loud. "You, I'm sure that you have something to do with the Assassins" he said pointing to one of the crowd.

"My son was a soldier, an assassin killed him!" She shouted angrily. "They destroy my stall every time they run through it!" Shouted someone in the crowd. "They took my son and I never saw him again". "One of them stole my money." Shouted another woman. "They are murderers!" Began to sound more and more voices and the young man' began to smile, he took the hooded man on his knees.

"We should not live in fear they'll murder us!, Or destroy our Property! Assassins can not be scare us!" the young man shouted and grabbed the hooded man's neck that began to fill with blood. Cheers were heard behind him and he pulled the knife from the neck of the man who fell alongside in silence. "They are among us, fight the terrorism of the Assassins! Destroyed their bases! Take your freedom!" Cried the young man, raising his fist up.

The crowd began rioting and people began to attack the assassins that was hiding in the crowd. Torches were lit and the crowd began to disperse, burn and kill all the assassin in assassin's base that stood in his way. The young man smiled wickedly and turned to leave the stage, at the end of the stairs was waiting for him an older man wearing a long coat and on his shoulder was a red cross.

"Dad" the young man nodded. "Great work Victor, you are a real Templer" his father said and they went away. "Memory Completed".

New features:
- Horseback riding (because of the decline in the Parkour)
- Control the soldiers in the city (a bit reminiscent of Assassins defense missions in ACR)
- Construction of the city (instead of upgrading the mansion in Unity, it will be possible to upgrade all of Paris)
- Creates a missions (game mode that will allow to create more assassination missions for the CO-OP)

So what do you think?
Would you like to see something like that out?

LoyalACFan
08-01-2014, 03:17 PM
I'm not really big on the parallel universe idea anymore, because I've recently seen that play out badly twice; Tyranny of King Washington (some people loved it, more power to them; I hated it) and the Endor DLC for Force Unleashed 2, which forces you to brutally murder your childhood favorite Star Wars characters :nonchalance:

However, I'm almost 100% certain that we'll be playing as a Templar in the DLC; if Elise doesn't get her own standalone story like Adewale's Freedom Cry, I'll be stunned.

jayjay275
08-01-2014, 03:44 PM
I wish we could get more of the main protagonist's storyline, perhaps like the Da Vinci Disappearance and Bonfire of Vanities?

ze_topazio
08-01-2014, 03:54 PM
Nothing is true, everything is permitted as long as you pay.

LoyalACFan
08-01-2014, 03:57 PM
I wish we could get more of the main protagonist's storyline, perhaps like the Da Vinci Disappearance and Bonfire of Vanities?

Nah, I hate it when they relegate some of the main character's story and development in a DLC (looking at you, Bonfire).

FlamingMoh
08-01-2014, 04:26 PM
Welcome to the forums!

Fatal-Feit
08-01-2014, 05:55 PM
Let's call it Templar's Knights or Templar Knights instead. =S

JustPlainQuirky
08-01-2014, 07:38 PM
meh I wouldn't be really interested as playing as the bad guys.

Templars aren't 'bad guys' they're men and women with philosophies like everyone else.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/masonry/000/513/984/ba6.gif

GunnerGalactico
08-01-2014, 07:58 PM
Let's call it Templar's Knights or Templar Knights instead. =S

Order of the Templars or Templar's Order has a better ring to it :cool:

m4r-k7
08-01-2014, 10:03 PM
Templars aren't 'bad guys' they're men and women with philosophies like everyone else.

The game portrays them to be bad though. If they ever portrayed them to be good, people would start sympathising with them every game which would take away the friction and war that has been between the assassins and templars for centuries lol

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/434/497/d02.gif

Kakuzu745
08-01-2014, 10:40 PM
If they ever do a templar game please do it as a complete spin off...that being said I do not want a templar's game and if the series needs to take a different path making a templar game is far from being he most innovative one.

JustPlainQuirky
08-01-2014, 11:12 PM
@m4r

It wouldn'r ruin the friction. It would just make both sides seem justifiable in their cause, thus making the conflicts realistically believable.

There's hardly 'clear villains' in real life aside from maybe Hitler. A game franchise that strives to mimic true history should try to implement realistic, believable characters and conflicts as well.

Fatal-Feit
08-01-2014, 11:17 PM
Order of the Templars or Templar's Order has a better ring to it :cool:

Too bad ''The Order 1886'' was taken. I think it's the perfect title for a Templar game. Especially the inclusion of the time period.

The Order 1504
The Order 1793
The Order 1716

JustPlainQuirky
08-01-2014, 11:18 PM
Even the main character of The Order looks strikingly similar to Charles Lee. Coincidence? I think not.

Xstantin
08-01-2014, 11:22 PM
Even the main character of The Order looks strikingly similar to Charles Lee. Coincidence? I think not.
And there is Lafayette!

Fatal-Feit
08-01-2014, 11:34 PM
Let's not forget the character designs. Is those aren't Templar-like attires, I don't know what is.

Jexx21
08-02-2014, 12:07 AM
The Order in The Order 1886 is related to the Knights of the Round Table, which for all we know may actually be connected to the Knights' Templar in this series

m4r-k7
08-02-2014, 12:21 AM
@m4r

It wouldn'r ruin the friction. It would just make both sides seem justifiable in their cause, thus making the conflicts realistically believable.

There's hardly 'clear villains' in real life aside from maybe Hitler. A game franchise that strives to mimic true history should try to implement realistic, believable characters and conflicts as well.

I get what you are saying and I agree completely. I am just saying that in all games there is a clear villain / group of villains. Imagine the Templars started doing good acts and saved people and we had to kill them anyway just because they are the "other" group - we would feel horrible doing that and we would not want to play as the assassins (which Ubisoft clearly want us to do!). I would love them to get into the Templar story more, I just am not sure how it would work out as it would potentially undermine the narrative of the story that has been progressing (slowly :P) since the beginning of the series.

JustPlainQuirky
08-02-2014, 12:43 AM
I already felt horrible for killing the templars in AC3 :p

m4r-k7
08-02-2014, 12:48 AM
I felt so bad wen we had to kill those group of assassins in AC 4. I felt evil :( more evil than when I run over hundreds of civilians in GTA and Watch Dogs :O

HDinHB
08-02-2014, 01:15 AM
I felt so bad wen we had to kill those group of assassins in AC 4. I felt evil :( more evil than when I run over hundreds of civilians in GTA and Watch Dogs :O

I played that mission over and over trying to find a way not to kill the Assassins, and then trying to kill the minimum number. I finally just pretended I was wounding them or knocking them out.

(I find your dancing Assassin gif...disturbing.)

STDlyMcStudpants
08-02-2014, 06:38 AM
Honestly the departure from the creed made me cringe in AC3.. but because of the setting and age of the americas i was fine with it..i just simply thought..well..they havent really came here yet except to retire... (this was the feel i got from the game) made it so acceptable...
AC4 ironically felt like a Disney movie...not because of the setting..but because of the lazy placement of the assassins in the story...this if im being honest should have just been a new ip....
I wouldn't mind a Watch_Dogs, Assassin's Creed, Black Flag trio of games in seperate universes but all handling identically....
But anyway.. im sure the 'Templar's Creed' title is a joke.. as the Templar's Creed is just Christianity... lol
Even if the protagonist were a templar the game could still be called 'Assassin's Creed' as the word creed is being possessed by the word Assassin...
The game isn't 'The Creed's Assassin'
The title insinuates a game about The Assassin's Creed.. not the Assassin itself...
You can tell a story about a creed you don't belong to...

Jexx21
08-02-2014, 07:45 AM
Uh, the Templars in the AC universe are all athiest. And the title of the thread is "Templar's Greed," not "Templar's Creed."

And despite what you may think, AC3 wasn't a departure from the Creed.

Spider-Man can learn the lesson of "With great power, comes great responsibility" without ever actually hearing those words.

Landruner
08-02-2014, 10:08 AM

First of when you mention above a "true Assassin" for ACU and being the right direction what is a "true assassin"?

Second, you mention later 47 not having motivation (?) which is wrong and I felt more motivation and conviction in this AGENT 47 character than I ever felt for any of the 2 past AC games characters.(especially the last one AC4 with Edward). Regarding Connor his goal or main priority is different - Revenging his mother being one and fighting for freedom being the second, but still I did not felt it was related to the Creed since his relation with Achilles were superficial. (They missed some obvious opportunities there in my opinion).

I ever felt more motivation in being an assassin and fighting for a cause in playing the latest Tomb raider and Far Cry 3 Than I felt over the 2 past AC games. (I don't include Aveline in ACL since she is a bit apart in the lineage)

I believe that the creed doctrine disappeared in the 2 past games, and it gets even worse with the outcome in the modern days for both past games that did not help to convince some fans that "THE CREED" was the big deal or even a real cause to fight for.

I mean except generically killing Templar (just because they are Templar) what the "CREED" doctrine is seriously about when the last standing assassins finish for one by dying by touching a futuristic "disco ball" in a temple AC3, and the next assassin is just an abstract computer programmer who is suggestively working for an evil video game corporation ruled by the Templars (like Ubisoft is :p)

That is the Creed and the price for all those generations of assassins trough the centuries to see their last descendants of their blood and/or order finishing like this? Are you serious?

The way we could sarcastically see the outcome and what the "Creed" is about is that Desmond (the last assassin) gave his live in 2012 in order to save the world to allow humanity (post 2012) to buy more AC games and AC4 modern days remember(s) us that it is the case since the Templars rule the video game industries in modern days. Seriously? :nonchalance:

So yep, either way they make a sense to the Creed and its doctrine and goal or they switch to the Templar who appear by historical facts a more mysterious and appealing secret society that the "Creed" and its doctrine. That could redeem the all situation for the assassins a their doctrine a bit.

JustPlainQuirky
08-02-2014, 04:30 PM
@jexx

not disagreeing with you, but where does it say all templars are atheist?

Namikaze_17
08-02-2014, 05:15 PM
@Landruner

Just because the representation and discussion of the Creed was more subtle in III & IV, that doesn't mean it wasn't any less there. Connor has no need to talk about the Creed, because he already embodies everything about them. Their ideals, goals, legacy, and most importantly their struggle. Only listen/look at some moments in AC3....Connor clearly explains how learning the Creed's philosophy, logic, and other forms of teachings have prepared him for his journey....not to mention, he manages to regain hope in a bitter mentor in Achilles, and even slowly starts to rebuild the colonial brotherhood to it's once greater glory. Even at the end of ACIII ( before he's about to kill Charles Lee) Connor clearly emphasized the Assassin's endless struggle with the Templars as how they go across the world and ages......plus alot of people criticize Connor and ACIII for the lack of a brotherhood, but that was the point: Connor was one man that arguably self-taught the ways of the Creed as he faced near impossible odds at the same time.
( Templars/ Village)
Then we get to Edward......sure many may think ACIV may be the antithesis of what the Creed means, but the truth is that it could'nt have been any closer. Edward's story was about how the Creed changes one man's
( A Common man Btw) life and their understanding about the world around us.....to question....to say: "Nothing is true, Everything is permitted."

So yes, Connor and Edward may not have had a "brotherhood" or on the dominant end of the stick like how Altair & Ezio were......but I like to believe that ACIII & ACIV were merely demonstrations of what believing/following the Creed can lead to in a lifetime.

Sometimes Glorious; ( Altair/ Ezio)
Or Tragic; ( Connor/ Edward)

STDlyMcStudpants
08-02-2014, 05:49 PM
Uh, the Templars in the AC universe are all athiest. And the title of the thread is "Templar's Greed," not "Templar's Creed."

And despite what you may think, AC3 wasn't a departure from the Creed.

Spider-Man can learn the lesson of "With great power, comes great responsibility" without ever actually hearing those words.

I didnt say it was a departure from the creed..and the templars are def not athiests.. they were freakin catholic in the ezio trilogy -_-

Xstantin
08-02-2014, 05:50 PM
^They were Catholic because the church had the money. Well, at least Rodrigo says he became the Pope just to get access to the Vault.

Namikaze_17
08-02-2014, 05:58 PM
They were also atheist in AC1 as well.....the Crusades were just so they could get more public appeal to the masses. One templar ( forgot his name) even says to Altair that doesn't believe in God or any God due to the apple revealing the Truth.

roostersrule2
08-06-2014, 08:31 AM
How about AC Rogue?

Just thought of it then, has a nice ring to it tbh

It can be about a former Assassin who gets bullied by other Assassins, leaves and becomes a Templar, then bullies the Assassins back.

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 08:32 AM
Sounds like a great idea.

I demand Ubisoft have that game up and ready by yesterday.

Well would you look at that...

roostersrule2
08-06-2014, 08:36 AM
Okay I admit, I got the idea from Yves.

But in return Yves has to use my ideas for an AC.

supermegaultraextremebadassconorlesslololol AC is imminent. It's set in the Ancient World.

jeordievera
08-06-2014, 08:38 AM
How about AC Rogue?

Just thought of it then, has a nice ring to it tbh

It can be about a former Assassin who gets bullied by other Assassins, leaves and becomes a Templar, then bullies the Assassins back.
I demand Ubisoft to have the game released on November 11! ;)

joelsantos24
08-06-2014, 09:19 AM
Playing as an assassin has been amazing, don't get me wrong. However, lately we've seen a departure from the more "Assassin" aspects of the story into a more fun and exciting type of game. In other words a departure from classic Assassin's Creed. Which is fine considering Black Flag was AMAZING. I've always found the Templar's to be very interesting in the game. Haytham Kenway in AC3 was by far a much more interesting character then Connor, in my opinion. If we had the chance to play as him instead I believe it probably could have lead to an overall better experience. Anyways, I just wanted this communities opinion of a game based on the Templar side of things.
Your wish is Ubisoft's command. You must be happy.

Honestly, I couldn't care less about the Templars, and the series is entitled "Assassin's Creed", so... However, I found it ironic, when you said the series has been departing the "Assassins aspects, into a more fun and exciting type of game". So, have you been playing a game that is not fun and exciting, because it's about Assassins? Anyway, congratulations.

NOTE: Please pardon my somewhat sarcastic demeanor, I'm just horrified by the news and this game.

RinoTheBouncer
08-06-2014, 11:51 AM
Iíd warmly welcome such a game. It will be great to try and tell the story through the eyes of the enemy. It would be really interesting if they create such a spin-off or even a new IP linked to AC in the same universe but seeing it through the eyes of Templars. They can release an Assassinís Creed this year and next year a Templarís Greed, then an Assassinís Creed the following year and so on.

Hans684
08-06-2014, 03:34 PM
I’d warmly welcome such a game. It will be great to try and tell the story through the eyes of the enemy. It would be really interesting if they create such a spin-off or even a new IP linked to AC in the same universe but seeing it through the eyes of Templars. They can release an Assassin’s Creed this year and next year a Templar’s Greed, then an Assassin’s Creed the following year and so on.

Agree except for the name Templar's Greed.

adventurewomen
08-06-2014, 03:47 PM
I can't get excited over a former assassin now templar, it's turning this whole game franchise upside down. >_<

I suppose change every once in a while is fine.

Hans684
08-06-2014, 04:07 PM
I can't get excited over a former assassin now templar, it's turning this whole game franchise upside down. >_<

I suppose change every once in a while is fine.

I know! Templars have nothing to do with AC, it's not like they are their enemy or something.

--------------------------------------------------------

History is the study of change, change is life. If something becomes static it means it's dead.

Jexx21
08-06-2014, 04:43 PM
Eh, Rogue isn't a true Templar game. Like Haytham, you're playing as someone initially trained to be an Assassin.

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 04:44 PM
I was upset to find out he had a hood like an assassin and was initially an assassin.

I was hoping for a templar with some templar clothing who used methods other than violence to get his way.

Though we do have the option to dress Shay as a normal templar.

Hans684
08-06-2014, 06:01 PM
I was upset to find out he had a hood like an assassin and was initially an assassin.

I was hoping for a templar with some templar clothing who used methods other than violence to get his way.

Though we do have the option to dress Shay as a normal templar.

The hood I can easily take, it's not an Assassin exclusive. If it was they would kill anyone trying to wear it because it's their "thing". As for him originally being an Assassin, I don't mind. It gives a strong reason for his choice of becoming a Templar. A mission failed so bad that he left the order and soon after the Assassins try to kill him. It's failes and he hits back twice as hard.

"Templar clothing". The Templar armor is a Templar clothing, Shay's outfit is Templar clothing, Haytham's outfit is Templar clothing and Elise's outfit is Templar clothing. They have more clothing variations than the Assassins, they blend.
Normal/standard Templar clothing is normal clothes as seen being used by the historical Templars. Their not *special* Templars like Shay, Haytham and Elise.

Eh, Rogue isn't a true Templar game. Like Haytham, you're playing as someone initially trained to be an Assassin.

So what is a "true" Templar game, a start to finish game where you are nothing other than a Templar? When talking games I don't take "true" serious, it's far to subjective and opinion lead.

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 06:02 PM
Templars confirmed more fashionable than assassins.

Jexx21
08-06-2014, 06:03 PM
So what is a "true" Templar game, a start to finish game where you are nothing other than a Templar? When talking games I don't take "true" serious, it's far to subjective and opinion lead.

No hidden blade, minimal parkour skills.

That's what I would want.

pacmanate
08-06-2014, 06:07 PM
No hidden blade, minimal parkour skills.

That's what I would want.

Didn't the Templars have the SwitchBlade though? Or was that just in Abstergos training program?