PDA

View Full Version : AC4 - Black Flag - Not saving progress

obiwanbilbo
07-05-2014, 05:51 PM
Have been playing AC4 for weeks...up to 25% progress...starting in past day or two it no longer saves progress...

I checked registry path to right save directory...

In save directory I have a 1.save that is a couple days old (7/3) and a 1.save.tmp that has the correct date and is slightly larger...I tried simply renaming the temp to the save...but that did not work...

Could it be whatever patch was put in place on 7/3 screwed this up??

is there any way to use the TMP file to make it the save file??

I am using mine through the UPLAY front end...not Steam...

Thank you..

Black_Widow9
07-06-2014, 02:07 AM
Hello and welcome to the Forums :)

Have you tried this Support Article?
https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000ecGmCAI

obiwanbilbo
07-06-2014, 05:36 AM
Hello and welcome to the Forums :)

Have you tried this Support Article?
https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000ecGmCAI

Thank you for the welcome...but that wasn't my question...I am well aware of where the savegame directory is and detailed that in my message...

YazX_
07-06-2014, 04:11 PM
your actual save file will be 2.save, 1.save is just options file, if you cannot see 2.save, then its gone or deleted, if you want to try to recover it, then download and install a free program called Recuva, make a deep scan for the folder and see if it can recover 2.save.

obiwanbilbo
07-06-2014, 06:50 PM
your actual save file will be 2.save, 1.save is just options file, if you cannot see 2.save, then its gone or deleted, if you want to try to recover it, then download and install a free program called Recuva, make a deep scan for the folder and see if it can recover 2.save.

Thank you...

I do have 2.save files...and I do have save progress...but about 3 days old....the issue is that it has stopped saving any "new" progress I complete now when I play more...

YazX_
07-06-2014, 10:48 PM
Thank you...

I do have 2.save files...and I do have save progress...but about 3 days old....the issue is that it has stopped saving any "new" progress I complete now when I play more...

mmmm, this can be caused by several reasons, try the following and see if it fixes the problem:

1. Disable Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware or add UPlay and AC4 processes to exceptions list.
2. Run UPlay as admin.
3. Verify Game Files (click the arrow next to Play SinglePlayer).
4. Move your current save to another location and start a new game, once the game reaches a saving point, exit the game and move your previous saves back and overwrite the ones created by the game, if no saves created by the game, then reinstall UPlay, download it from www.uplay.com (http://www.uplay.com).

P.S: when doing step 3 and 4, make sure that Step 1 and 2 are active as well.

Black_Widow9
07-07-2014, 12:54 AM
Thanks YAZ. ;)

YazX_
07-07-2014, 12:04 PM
Thanks YAZ. ;)

np :) , hope this would fix his problem.

loomis503
07-10-2014, 02:21 AM
its sad but true that they have disabled the save system as far as the cloud for asc4 blackflag, so your best bet is to not play it atm, or get a 3rd party save file game manager like http://www.gamesave-manager.com/, i was given this site by a response from a ticket i opened with customer support about this issue, sad they did not take the time to send out e-mails, or at least put a warning that they disabled the cloud sync. Ubisoft is, welll, s ****ty company. hope this helps.

Razon.
07-14-2014, 07:01 PM
I have the same problem as OP. Today after a roughly one hour session my save file did not save properly, it made a 2.save.tmp file, but failed to load it after trying to play again. Overwriting it does nothing, what can I do?

YazX_
07-15-2014, 04:25 PM
I have the same problem as OP. Today after a roughly one hour session my save file did not save properly, it made a 2.save.tmp file, but failed to load it after trying to play again. Overwriting it does nothing, what can I do?

have you tried the things i mentioned in my previous post above?