PDA

View Full Version : What if Arno's Pocket Watch...

JustPlainQuirky
07-05-2014, 04:31 PM
...was a piece of eden? Would explain why his father and adoptive father were killed for seemingly no reason. Others wanted the piece of eden that Arno ended up snatching up before they could get to it. ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-05-2014, 04:34 PM
You make a valid argument, my dear. That is a possibility since they might plan to continue Juno's storyline there as well to make it fit.

Shahkulu101
07-05-2014, 04:35 PM
Maybe it is a POE and that's how after he kills his target he can see their life flash before his eyes, by scrolling through the timeline of their life using the pocket watch.

My above idea is probably one of those ridiculous ones that developers laugh at isn't it?... :p

Deezl-V
07-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Or it could just be a (cough cough) pocket watch that reminds him of his vengence. Lol

Some of these topics on this board are hilarious.

JustPlainQuirky
07-05-2014, 04:36 PM
It could be a time-manipulation PoE! :rolleyes:

Or it could just be a (cough cough) pocket watch that reminds him of his vengence. Lol

Some of these topics on this board are hilarious.

Hey. It's possible.

No need to be a jerk about harmless speculation.

rickprog
07-05-2014, 04:42 PM
It's not ridiculous. In fact I had thought about both possibilities myself, so you have my speculative support.

The pocket watch reminding him of his vengeance/redemption isn't absurd either, but there's no reason it couldn't be a POE that Arno's stepfather had and gave him.

Deezl-V
07-05-2014, 04:48 PM

Hey. It's possible.

Sorry bud for coming off like a jerk. I didn't mean to. I just find it a little ridiculous that a pocket watch means more than what it is. I mean the idea of it being a POE is intriguing, but I think you're looking way too deeply into something that's just not there.
But don't worry, the "Arno has ezios hair cut" tops the cake for the most hilarious thread. Lol

NondairyGold
07-05-2014, 05:01 PM
Its not wholly implausible, Patience Gibbs did have a PoE that let her look a few seconds into the future. The watch itself wouldn't be a PoE, it's too new a piece of technology to be. It could, however, have been constructed around one. If not a PoE then maybe something else was hidden in it. I usually go with Occam's Razor on things like this however! So for now I'm just going to say it's a watch with some sentimental value :)

Ureh
07-05-2014, 08:25 PM
Yeah, could be! Juno did say that they could "distract" time at least for a while.

Speaking of his adoptive father.... maybe this belonged to him:

http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server5600/5973c/products/385/images/2559/Assassins_Creed_Ring_Side_Ubi_Workshop__62079.1404 421775.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

Ubiworkshop's description:
"Proudly claim your allegiance to the Assassins with the Assassin's Creed - Master Assassin Ring and display your commitment to whose fighting for freedom and equality to the world.

Join the elite thanks to this unique and important piece of jewelry; honor the master Assassins' memory."

GunnerGalactico
07-05-2014, 08:31 PM
A PWoE, eh :p... somehow, that doesn't sound silly at all. Joan of Arc had the sword of Eden.

Hans684
07-05-2014, 09:07 PM
Or maybe it's just a normal pocket watch that means a lot to Arno. There is at least one prison mission in Unity where Arno is captured and does anything to get his pocket watch back. Read it somewhere but can't fingers the source, either way believe what you want. I'd be happy to say I told you so.

Ureh
07-05-2014, 09:08 PM
Amazon.co.uk description:
This Amazon-exclusive special offer of Assassin's Creed Unity includes the Arno pocket watch, directly inspired by the iconic in-game watch carried by Arno himself. Discover the hugely symbolic value of this pocket watch and its importance to Arno's quest while playing the game. With the special offer, you will also enjoy an extra mission, giving you an additional 30 minutes of gameplay, as well as an exclusive ornamental pistol which improves your in-game stats.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Assassins-Creed-Unity-Special-Offer/dp/B00KJGJRCC/ref=pd_sim_b_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=14T4RH5X01ECXSK7QDY6

There's also a picture of the pocket watch. Does anyone else think the second hand looks like the Assassin insignia? Also there seem to be initials around the VI.

Deezl-V
07-05-2014, 09:11 PM
Or maybe it's just a normal pocket watch that means a lot to Arno. There is at least one prison mission in Unity where Arno is captured and does anything to get his pocket watch back.

Ding ding ding ding ding!!!! We have a winner. Sometimes simplicity eludes.

Hans684
07-05-2014, 09:16 PM
Ding ding ding ding ding!!!! We have a winner. Sometimes simplicity eludes.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/tip-hat.gif

sem1rek
07-05-2014, 09:19 PM
Amazon.co.uk description:
This Amazon-exclusive special offer of Assassin's Creed Unity includes the Arno pocket watch, directly inspired by the iconic in-game watch carried by Arno himself. Discover the hugely symbolic value of this pocket watch and its importance to Arno's quest while playing the game. With the special offer, you will also enjoy an extra mission, giving you an additional 30 minutes of gameplay, as well as an exclusive ornamental pistol which improves your in-game stats.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Assassins-Creed-Unity-Special-Offer/dp/B00KJGJRCC/ref=pd_sim_b_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=14T4RH5X01ECXSK7QDY6

There's also a picture of the pocket watch. Does anyone else think the second hand looks like the Assassin insignia? Also there seem to be initials around the VI.

It looks like VD (if you read it in in same direction as number VI). Maybe Victor Dorian? It would make sense Arno's middle name is name of his father.

Jackburns14
07-05-2014, 09:33 PM
I suppose it is possible. The only issue I have with this is that, typically, the POE are some sort of relic used by the first civilization. I doubt that the first civilization had much use of a pocket watch. However, I do think the pocket watch is valuable in some way and will probably play an important role in the games story.

JustPlainQuirky
07-05-2014, 09:33 PM
How does him losing his pocket watch that means a lot to him prove it's not a PoE?

Hans684
07-05-2014, 09:58 PM
How does him losing his pocket watch that means a lot to him prove it's not a PoE?

Nothing just some extra details. It was only meant to prove that it means a lot to him but if it a POE. Don't you think he would have noticed since POE's react differently to people with hight First Civ. DNA/genes? Something Arno most likely is going to have making him special(like previous protagonists), meaning that because of that he has access or the skill needed to find some hidden First Civ. place in France.

LoyalACFan
07-05-2014, 11:22 PM
A PWoE, eh :p... somehow, that doesn't sound silly at all. Joan of Arc had the sword of Eden.

Yeah, and I'm still waiting to see that damned Sword of Eden in a game :nonchalance: I could have sworn there was a preorder bonus or something for AC4 that let you carry a sword of Eden, but I dunno what became of that. Probably cancelled.

Anyway, on-topic; I think there's a middle ground to be found regarding the pocket watch. It doesn't have to be either "useless watch with sentimental value" or "ZERMAHGERD WATCH OF EDEN!!!!" It could still be narratively important without having any special powers.

Ureh
07-05-2014, 11:36 PM
But maybe there is something inside the watch?! :O

xD Gotta feel sorry for him if it turns out that the only way is to smash it open.

Bashilir
07-05-2014, 11:42 PM
Would be a neat plot twist except now if it does happen I'll be like : "I saw this on the forums, ****." More than likely it belonged his Father or just a loved one.

Namikaze_17
07-06-2014, 12:34 AM

Hey. It's possible.

I agree with mayrice.......always gotta look beyond what the eyes can see anyways. Especially with how this series is, anything can happen.

Hans684
07-06-2014, 09:49 AM
But maybe there is something inside the watch?! :O

xD Gotta feel sorry for him if it turns out that the only way is to smash it open.

"Discover the hugely symbolic value of this pocket watch and its importance to Arno's quest while playing the game." - Amazon.co.uk description

That do sound possible.

harsab
07-06-2014, 01:22 PM
Hey this might be little off topic but what is that place in the first lithograph which is shown clearly? a famous monument in france? or something else? hmm..

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91KU3nkk6ZL._SL1500_.jpg

NondairyGold
07-06-2014, 01:24 PM
Hey this might be little off topic but what is that place in the first lithograph which is shown clearly? a famous monument in france? or something else? hmm..

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91KU3nkk6ZL._SL1500_.jpg

It's the window of Notre Dame.

harsab
07-06-2014, 01:28 PM
It's the window of Notre Dame.

Oh i see! noob mistake there! lol thanks!

Sesheenku
07-07-2014, 07:05 AM
Maybe it is a POE and that's how after he kills his target he can see their life flash before his eyes, by scrolling through the timeline of their life using the pocket watch.

My above idea is probably one of those ridiculous ones that developers laugh at isn't it?... :p

Actually.. I think you nailed it lol.

Shahkulu101
07-07-2014, 07:10 AM
^ Well let's hope so. ;)

My two predictions: MD will allow you too log on to initiates at home to do out-of-game tasks if you want.
Arno uses the pocket watch to scroll through his targets memories after assassinating them.

I want a prize if these come off.

DisbandedBox359
07-07-2014, 01:10 PM
It's Bernards Watch haha

pacmanate
07-07-2014, 02:16 PM
There is definitely something about that watch.

1. It was sorta focused on in the reveal
2. It's a pre order bonus
3. Amazon are listing it is Arno's "Iconic" watch.

I think its a nuke... or a PoE. OR its like that thing in Pirates of the Caribbean where it points to ones desire.... ORRRRRRRRRR its a PoE locator, like a radar.

NondairyGold
07-07-2014, 03:26 PM
Or maybe we use it all the time to set the time of day. It's our wait option instead of having to travel to our safehouse all the time.